Postman System

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Postman System

I met this system in Tibia, and worked very well:

A postal system would be interesting in the game, imagine you carrying a box when you can put
      some items (like pk drop and materials collected) in that box. Outside the cities would mailboxes
      for you send this box to certain city.

Before finish I thought of a few reasons to implement this:

- Players will need to go less to the cities, exploring ever more remote maps (+ exploitation = + pvp)
      - When you are doing something like collecting materials or farming silver and you faces some pk, kill them and catch the drop,
      now you carry drop and lost a carry weight necessary in your farm. In this system will you sending the drop via post to some city. :thumbup:
      - BUT!!! This can not be a substitute for the Ox, just a limited item ( need ideas to limit this system, i like Ox :) ) to help in certain cases.

Sorry my english, google translate is a bullshit i'll try my best alone.
      oPrimitivo - The Healer

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von PRIMITIVO ()

• This type of system is not a good fit for Albion. In a full loot, pvp oriented game, there should be no way to send items to cities other than "physically" carrying the items yourself. It's why we can't send items using the ingame mail system.

If such a system is put in place, it's going to impact the game in a very bad way.

It was already suggested here: Mailing items
    • HCN schrieb:

This type of system is not a good fit for Albion. In a full loot, pvp oriented game, there should be no way to send items to cities other than "physically" carrying the items yourself. It's why we can't send items using the ingame mail system.

If such a system is put in place, it's going to impact the game in a very bad way.

Salve mano @HCN

I think is good for Albion, just because is full loot, try imagine mailboxes not in everywhere ouside the city, but in especific maps, when you need take a risk to go and use the system, this make mailboxes maps more one pk zone (i luv it !).

My point is, when you carrying this box you never know what gone happen until you send to the city, and the risk to send in a mailbox can be high. Is just another form to movement pk/pvp system, much players can't like it but you ever have the option to back to city in to the safest route.

Just imagine my point in faaar away zones, when back the city can be a waste of time, this system encourages players to go in pvp zones more and more until some pk kill them before use the mailbox, and continues lose everthing!

EDIT:

I read the thread you linked, it really is a bad idea, but I thought differently. In my idea would not send to other players, but for yourself, and not to interfere in the local market, the package could be sent the nearest city of Mailbox map. Again i talk in far away maps, in pvp zones when is impossible to play market and abuse of system.
      oPrimitivo - The Healer

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von PRIMITIVO ()

• PRIMITIVO schrieb:

HCN schrieb:

This type of system is not a good fit for Albion. In a full loot, pvp oriented game, there should be no way to send items to cities other than "physically" carrying the items yourself. It's why we can't send items using the ingame mail system.

Salve mano @HCN vou falar em inglês pra galera entender.
      I think is good for Albion, just because is full loot, try imagine mailboxes not in everywhere ouside the city, but in especific maps, when you need take a risk to go and use the system, this make mailboxes maps more one pk zone (i luv it !).

My point is, when you carrying this box you never know what gone happen until you send to the city, and the risk to send in a mailbox can be high. Is just another form to movement pk/pvp system, much players can't like it but you ever have the option to back to city in to the safest route.

Just imagine my point in faaar away zones, when back the city can be a waste of time, this system encourages players to go in pvp zones more and more until some pk kill them before use the mailbox, and continues lose everthing!

EDIT:

I read the thread you linked, it really is a bad idea, but I thought differently. In my idea would not send to other players, but for yourself, and not to interfere in the local market, the package could be sent the nearest city of Mailbox map. Again i talk in far away maps, in pvp zones when is impossible to play market and abuse of system.
      Fala parceiro!

The problem is the box going to the city automagically. It doesn't work in Albion because the fact that you don't have a safe way to do that is an integral part of the game. The fact that we don't have safe transport is why caravans are formed to transport goods between zones, it's why you would hire mercenaries to protect you when transporting goods, etc. There are so many downsides to this in a game like Albion that I honestly don't see this ever happening,

There are better ways to incentivize people to go into pvp zones, like the chest thing they are going to add, or the altars to enchant stuff.