Albion Round Table

• Albion Round Table

Hello,

I wanted to tell you that we started a new project called "Albion Round Table". This idea was established with the Summer Alpha and yielded great results in terms of coordinated and constructive feedback.
    The idea behind this project is that we invite a mix of various players/users to discuss certain topics.

We explicitly have chosen players who ...
    • ... represent a wide spectrum of different playing styles (from hardcore PvP guys to more casual players)
    • ... people who have given good and constructive feedback
    • ... are no trolls
    • ... and can also except different opinions to keep an open feedback culture

The Albion Round Table is just at the beginning, although we have created it about two months ago.
    With the arrival of @Talion we can make the whole thing more structured and provide more information to everyone and thus, now is the right time to officially announce it.

Please note that the members of the round table may constantly change depending on their activity in the game/forum.
    Right now the members of the round table are the following people:

1. Blackthron (Hammer & Sickle)
    2. CPUUser123 (Conflict Gaming)
    3. Createk (Finstack)
    4. Dagother (Gentleman)
    5. Devious (Raven Star)
    6. Forge (Goonswarm)
    7. Farewel (Nilfgard)
    8. Grimm (Forsaken)
    9. Howser (Black Cocks)
    10. Leandro (Brazzukas)
    11. Nicza (Forsaken)
    12. Rook (Vendetta)
    13. Saffina (Conflict Gaming)
    14. Skytea (Vendetta)
    15. Thorgal (Casual United)
    16. Trapper (Brazzukas)
    17. Whated (Finstack)
    18. Zarf (Vendetta)
    19. Jaden (Banished)
    20. Salvia Divinorum (ChronicGamers)

Please note that we do not discuss who should be in or not.
    We select the people a little bit like moderators since it is important for us to pick the ones which we think we can work with very well.
    It is in our own interest that we try to have a very mixed group.
    Feel free to send me PMs with suggestions if you disagree.

Kr,
    Stefan
  • Feel discriminated because you can't get your voice heard? Have great ideas and aspects about the game and feel like they get shot down in the open forums?

Feel free to shoot me a PM I'll make sure it gets its deserved attention in the Round Table.

However, please keep in mind:
    1. I represent the pvp part of the game, and the "hard-core aspect" meaning people who want to play a lot.
    2. Open forums get read by Devs too. I recommend trying to bring your opinion over yourself first, because then it doesn't get influenced by my ideas and thoughts.
    3. Obviously, I only will redirect the message if it has real potential, and is useful to the devs. Don't want to flood the Round Table with non-sense.

Also, please keep in mind a lot of things have already been discussed in the Round Table. I can give you an update if your idea has already been discussed, but not go into deep details.

Cheers,
    Whated
  • I remember SWG had something like this. I actually hated it, because while at the time they were appointed "senator" or whatever it was called they had a solid idea of what their class was about at the current time, when the game started changing and evolving they had no idea what was best. I'm not talking FOTM, I'm talking viability.

I'd much rather feedback be taken from actual statistics that occur in the game than player feedback/feelings about things.

But we'll see how it all works out. Hopefully for the better.
  • im shocked that no one from mostly harmless was selected. they all are extremely enthusiastic about the game and do a lot of numbers crunching and serious business discussion about it. if they declined to participate, fair enough. otherwise kodiak, dodgin or someone from their guild should be invited

Rommi wrote:

I remember SWG had something like this. I actually hated it, because while at the time they were appointed "senator" or whatever it was called they had a solid idea of what their class was about at the current time, when the game started changing and evolving they had no idea what was best. I'm not talking FOTM, I'm talking viability.

I'd much rather feedback be taken from actual statistics that occur in the game than player feedback/feelings about things.

But we'll see how it all works out. Hopefully for the better.
    ive seen ccp discuss this and they conclude that metrics and stats only paint one side of a portrait. you cant rely purely on numbers OR player feedback/opinions
  • so the other day the forums were open slather. All the mods and devs private forums were viewable. Here I am finding out about the round table and why I was not chosen. I just want to say 1 thing. I like all the "developers" of Albion. But the one person of hierarchy in Sandbox Interactive who really has a stick up there butt in terms of harsh feedback regarding the game is the reason im not here on that list.

Lets hope your listen to this " Round Table " this time Bercilak. Cause we have all " paid " to test the game for you and your seem to be narrowminded on constructive criticism.
  • its actually cause i voiced my opinion on the game and the changes that were made, empa, zabala, retroman all listened to my criticism and yet bercilak shoots people down who do so, * cough Pagodin *

I was apart of this round table until i told Bercilak to get fucked, he also banned my in game account last alpha for 13 days by ''accident'' and i had empa resolve the issue.

Thats fine though, still going to play the game but even if i was asked to test again i would have kindly refused. not going to get up at 3am before a 14hour work shift every Friday just to test the game and give feedback thats shot down by the games CEO.
  • im pretty sure telling the person trying to run the operation to get fucked doesnt count as constructive criticism. if he wanted to ban you because you acted like an ass, guess what? he can do that cause you signed a thing saying he could. all businesses have the right to refuse service and you have the right to try and file some bullshit litigious claims that no one will take seriously

just because you do give constructive feedback doesnt mean anyone has to do anything but listen to or dismiss it. way to be a manbaby about not getting your way though