Legendary Founder house info

• Legendary Founder house info

So i bought Legendary Founder's Pack recently but i haven't had the chance to play AO yet (missed Summer Alpha) and i am wondering how do Legendary Founder houses work?
      Are they same as normal houses just look different and you can upgrade them or what?
      Also i tried searching videos or pictures of how it looks in game but couldn't find any so if anyone knows some please leave link!

• Yes the a Legendary Explorers house look great, it's a upside down ship. It has the same stats ( storage capacity ) as a normal house, just has a much better looking skin. All Houses start at Tier 2, then you can upgrade each one from T2-T8, depending on which zone you are in. This may change this upcoming Closed Beta, allowing everyone to upgrade to T8 everywhere.. In past test, personal islands were limited to T5, city plots were limited to T6, and only Red zone guild territories allowed one to upgrade to T8. Even if we can build to T8 everywhere, you still either have to go to the red zone to acquire the needed materials, or buy them, which would be extremely expensive. I'll look to see if I have a picture of my house from last test, and then post it, it was T5.
    • Zarf wrote:

Yes the a Legendary Explorers house look great, it's a upside down ship. It has the same stats ( storage capacity ) as a normal house, just has a much better looking skin. All Houses start at Tier 2, then you can upgrade each one from T2-T8, depending on which zone you are in. This may change this upcoming Closed Beta, allowing everyone to upgrade to T8 everywhere.. In past test, personal islands were limited to T5, city plots were limited to T6, and only Red zone guild territories allowed one to upgrade to T8. Even if we can build to T8 everywhere, you still either have to go to the red zone to acquire the needed materials, or buy them, which would be extremely expensive. I'll look to see if I have a picture of my house from last test, and then post it, it was T5.
      Does look and size of house also expand with each new tier?
    • Basically you get a plan. You can build that plan with materials that you crafted but trust me, it's going to take at least a few days for you to be able to get all of those resources and materials. The plan that you get is exclusive to us legendary founders only. No one else can get it. However someone you let into your personal island can presumably destroy your house and anything else that you have there. So just watch out for that. No one is sure if you'll get a chance to build that special house again.

Welcome to the legendary club by the way!

EDIT: Thanks for the pic Zarf!
    • Currently we can only build that house once. With the recipe, you also receive a special item, a anchor, it's a resource for this house. I've requested that we should be able to retrieve the anchor and destroy the house, in order to rebuild at a new location. But so far, we are only able to build once.

If you build on a city plot, and fail to pay your daily upkeep tax ( auto withdrawn from your account ), the plot goes up for sale to the general public, with everything stored on the plot. If you build in a guild territory ( Red or Yellow zone ), enemy guilds can capture the territory through Guild vs Guild territory battles. Then they could destroy the house if they chose to. So if you never wish to lose your house, build on a personal island.
    • Zarf wrote:

Currently we can only build that house once. With the recipe, you also receive a special item, a anchor, it's a resource for this house. I've requested that we should be able to retrieve the anchor and destroy the house, in order to rebuild at a new location. But so far, we are only able to build once.

If you build on a city plot, and fail to pay your daily upkeep tax ( auto withdrawn from your account ), the plot goes up for sale to the general public, with everything stored on the plot. If you build in a guild territory ( Red or Yellow zone ), enemy guilds can capture the territory through Guild vs Guild territory battles. Then they could destroy the house if they chose to. So if you never wish to lose your house, build on a personal island.
      So if i build it on personal island there is no upkeep?

That is a lot of information i couldn't find anywhere else thanks a lot to everyone that contributed :)
    • Zarf wrote:

No upkeep on personal islands. The only limitation is few plots. Three Farming plots and 6 plots for House, Crafting, and or refining buildings.
      Hmmm then imo it is best to make it on island i don't like the idea of loosing it if i cant make new one.
      What about statue if i decide to place it somewhere can i pick it up and place it somewhere else or is that permanent?
    • Zarf wrote:

Yes you can place and pickup the statue almost anywhere. These can be destroyed by anyone with a demolition hammer. I did not test if someone can destroy one on your plot or island. They probably can.
      That is only in red zones i think it would be stupid if you could loose statue in safe zones that way...
    • Zarf wrote:

We have players that like to annoy others. Place statues around zone entrances, around the bank, in front of dungeon entrances. I destroy those. And you cant instantly destroy one. Beating on one with a demolition hammer can take several minutes.
      Easy fix would to make it placeable only on real estate or in certain vicinity of your house. Besides i doubt anyone would do something like that with their statue once game goes live.