Revamp Ranked Crystal Arena

• Revamp Ranked Crystal Arena

Please revamp the Ranked Crystal Arena mode and change the format to deathmatch. Here's what you can do:

Disallow new players into Ranked arena (Unranked is there for a reason).
      Set a required minimum of unranked arenas before you unlocked ranked arenas.
      Remove the 3 point domination system
      Add in the legacy maps that rotate every week
      150 total tickets and each death counts as - 10 pts.
      Team that has more tickets at the end of the match wins.

I love capture point systems but unfortunately the community in this game can't handle it. They're either too tunnel vision focused on just kills. So if it's kills they want, just give it...

Here's an example; my team was short 1 person cause he just afked in the base all match. We managed to win though because I was the only one capturing points. Oh but capturing points in a game mode where that's the primary objective is considered being a "rat" now? This just shows the level of ignorance.... At least the other team captured points but they again were so focused on deathmatch outside our base they lost....This isn't an isolated incident either...so many games end up with just fights outside the main base because the players (for whatever reason) can't handle the current game mode the way it's intended...

Keep the Crystal League the same, but change the Crystal Arena (or at least add in more modes such as deathmatch and "capture the crystal").

"
      So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!

The post was edited 7 times, last by Termi1717 ().

• Hey man just trying to dumb it down so the community actually knows what to do.
      So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Termi1717 ().

• Hi there,

Firstly, I would like to remind everyone here to refrain from any toxicity in the forums.

Jerek wrote:

How would you see this?
      What would be your idea of a minimum requirement for players to start playing the Ranked Arena's?

Jerek wrote:

Could you further explain this for me?
      - What would you propose instead of a 3 points/capture system?
      - Rotating legacy maps, do you mean all the old resource maps/? or only the previous map that was used in the Crystal League?

Discord: Emii#2462
    • Hello @Emii and thanks for taking the time to ask.

Here are some suggestions for min requirement for ranked:

PvP Fame Requirement - Not a huge fan of this but you could make it so players would need PvP fame before unlocking ranked. (5-10m is fair).

Unranked Arena Prerequisite - Players must play X amount of unranked arena matches before unlocking Ranked Arenas.

Arena Leveling System - Have an arena leveling system that goes alongside the rank system. Games like Guild Wars 2 use a system like this. In that system, you must be Level 20 before you can compete in ranked arenas. This would take the most resources to implement vs the above suggestions. Leveling up would give reward chests based on your current rank.

Reward Tracks - As you level up you progress through reward tracks that grant items such as vanity skins, additional skill tomes, and death emotes at the end of it.

For your second question:

You are correct about the old resource maps. Why not repurpose these in the Crystal Arena? Every new season, switch out the current map for another one and this could also work with game modes.

Game Modes:

I personally like the 3-point domination style arenas but unfortunately, most of the players can't handle the game mode. This results in a horrible experience for both teams. Here are some suggestions:

TDM - Team Death Match - Each team has X amount of total points and each kill reduces these by X amount. The team with the most points at the end of the match wins.

Capture the Crystal - Utilizing the same maps as domination you could have a capture-the-flag style game mode. When the match starts, a crystal spawns in one of the 3 capture zones (or just in the middle of the map). A player must click on the crystal to attach it to them (like how power cores work now). The player will be unable to use movement abilities while carrying the crystal. The player can drop the crystal if overwhelmed to escape, and immediately drops the crystal if they use stealth abilities. If you successfully return the crystal to your team's base you get X amount of points. The first team to capture the crystal X amount of times or have the most points at the end of the match wins.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Jerek ().

• Furthermore, make it so the matchmaking algorithm at least tries to make the healers closer to item / gear. This is the latest match I've played. Notice the difference in IP and gear with my healer vs the enemy team. My healer rage quit btw as well. Nothing like having a 4.1 healer vs a healer in 8.1 +...it was a loss right out of the gates and we all knew it...That's not matchmaking that's just frustrating.

picture upload
      ">
    • Revamp the arena and make it death match. More then 50% of the matches are full of complete idiots who have no idea how to play this game mode and just want kills.

Change the game mode to Team Death Match! This is what the majority of players actually want since that's all they ever seem to do. I'm sick of constantly having to carry these morons because they're too busy fighting in mid while you have no points captured. THEY DON'T CARE AT ALL. So to stop wasting a lot of people's time just change the stupid game mode from DOMINATION to TEAM DEATH MATCH. If you won't change it then add TDM as an option you can queue for.

Example of what I mean. Morons fighting indefinitely in the middle while you just lose anyways cause they A: Can't Kill Anything because they're dumb / can't focus targets B: Have 0 map awareness so will be 3 capped while they are attacking the enemy base again like idiots. Maybe arena is full of bots I'm not sure because this is happening ALL THE FUCKING TIME! (I doubt there's a bot problem, it's a human problem).

"

The post was edited 4 times, last by Jerek ().

• Emii wrote:

Hi there,

Firstly, I would like to remind everyone here to refrain from any toxicity in the forums.

Jerek wrote:

How would you see this? What would be your idea of a minimum requirement for players to start playing the Ranked Arena's?

Jerek wrote:

Could you further explain this for me? - What would you propose instead of a 3 points/capture system?
      - Rotating legacy maps, do you mean all the old resource maps/? or only the previous map that was used in the Crystal League
      A minimum of 100 unranked arena matches - this way new players would be able to compete against/with other new players instead of veterans, both sides would avoid a lot of toxicity.

Unfortunately 3 point domination system seems to be too difficult for majority of albion players.

Team Deathmatch with a single point to capture in the middle (not by clicking, only by standing inside the capture zone).
      Rules:
      - both teams start with 150 score
      - your team loses 5 points when you die
      - if enemy team controls the middle zone you lose 3 points per 10 seconds
      - respawn timer is 10s
      - you get a bubble which lasts for 30s when you respawn, after your bubble disappears you can't get it again by stepping back inside respawn zone
      - respawn point doesn't regenerate mana or health
      - respawn point damages enemy team (they are still able to dive or kill you from range if your team is afk inside respawn)
      - 15min time limit, team with higher score wins

• Point proven again. We had 0 caps and got pushed into the base. The team wasn't doing anything so I back-capped a few points, killed some defenders and the team got enough balls to get out of the base. From there they just fought in the middle of the map while we again lost all 3 points. So I had to get the points and get us back into the game because the team went from fighting outside our home base to fighting in the middle point... That is until we pushed them to their base and then the enemy team stopped fighting...So without "ratting" we would have lost. This is why Strategy != Ratting for all you simps out there in your bloodletter/deathgiver builds.

Change the game mode to Death Match because that's what the masses want. I personally like Domination mode but clearly others do not. I also don't use "meta" builds because I'm frankly sick of hearing that word in gaming PERIOD. Meta builds have destroyed any sense of fun in creating builds because the masses (morons) can't think for themselves.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Jerek ().

• Furthermore, stop allowing people like this into Ranked Arenas. This player queued as a healer but was using a carving sword and after realizing he sucks ass just afked for 2 mins then logged out of the game giving my team an instant loss. Players NEED to do a minimum amount of X (I'd say 50-100) Unranked Crystal Arena. Those with special needs like this fellow just waste people's time. I've done my unranked match min requirement....others need to do the same.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Jerek ().

• Ranked arena is pointless because the matchmaking is random and people can queue as a team.

I got matched against a team of top 100 players as a solo once. Then proceeded to wait in tent untill the match is over.

If this mode was to be made competitive, you should only be able to queue solo and you should get players around your rank.

This way the noobs would stay at lower ranks and you wouldn't have to deal with them.

As it is now, it is just another 5v5 non lethal crystal arena that we have had all along masked as a "new content".
    • Discussions on the future of Crystal Arena and Crystal League have been going on for ages. I see a lot of good ideas here and a lot of criticism, but I've been wondering where you have been this whole time. You're probably looking for this kind of map. I already suggested it ages ago.

lane Battle Royale

How this works is that each team will have a crystal as its core;
      there will be barriers set up that can be channeled by the team to bring
      down each group with two walls; all the sides of the map will be well
      buff. You get the entire group with the same random buff from solo
      dungeons.

And the minimum requirements might not be justified in Dev's eyes

all these discussions have been originally from this topic.

Crystal League (needs a) Rework (RT X-Post)

I appreciate your passion and criticism of crystal league and Crystal Arena, but I need you to burn it down a little further. Currently, the ranking system is not set up to support skilled bass players; it is just giving you an I'm here credit.

is far more important to be a professional critic instead angry and venting out your frustration

side note I have reposted my ideas

Crystal Arena MMR system fix suggestions
      crystal league and Crystal Arena new map suggestions

The post was edited 1 time, last by GuardianDragonLord ().

• GuardianDragonLord wrote:

Discussions on the future of Crystal Arena and Crystal League have been going on for ages. I see a lot of good ideas here and a lot of criticism, but I've been wondering where you have been this whole time. You're probably looking for this kind of map. I already suggested it ages ago.

lane Battle Royale

How this works is that each team will have a crystal as its core;
      there will be barriers set up that can be channeled by the team to bring
      down each group with two walls; all the sides of the map will be well
      buff. You get the entire group with the same random buff from solo
      dungeons.

And the minimum requirements might not be justified in Dev's eyes

all these discussions have been originally from this topic.

Crystal League (needs a) Rework (RT X-Post)

I appreciate your passion and criticism of crystal league and Crystal Arena, but I need you to burn it down a little further. Currently, the ranking system is not set up to support skilled bass players; it is just giving you an I'm here credit.

is far more important to be a professional critic instead angry and venting out your frustration

side note I have reposted my ideas

Crystal Arena MMR system fix suggestions
      crystal league and Crystal Arena new map suggestions
      I've played close to 2000 arena games between unranked and ranked. Up until ranked crystal arenas the regular non-crystal arena was very niche. I didn't have any reason to complain about it, and frankly, the unranked matches I played until last year have been way better than your average crystal arena.

Don't talk to me about professionalism on a game forum. I gave suggestions and was trolled for it so I defend myself from idiots like that. Don't like it too bad since nobody else seems to care then why should I? I'm not a fan (or will never be a fan) of battle royal games. I could see a system like that in AO though, but don't change the arena for it. The only thing that needs to change is to make the crystal arena (not league) team death match. The problems won't be solved with the matchmaking system but at least the masses will no longer have to worry about capping points since everyone calls you a rat for doing it (which is completely stupid btw).

Anyways thanks for your feedback.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Jerek ().

• Jerek wrote:

The only thing that needs to change is to make the crystal arena (not league) team death match. The problems won't be solved with the matchmaking system but at least the masses will no longer have to worry about capping points since everyone calls you a rat for doing it (which is completely stupid btw).
      You would get another yellow zone hellgate if this change is made.

Matchmaking would help because the games are not competitive. People don't care if they win. There are no good rewards for winning and matchmaking is random so you can't escape noobs if you get to a higher rank. And since no one cares about winning no one goes for points. Then the whole game turns into a mindless brawl.

If winning matters and you win by capping points, would you really care if someone calls you a rat? Or would you be happy that you got rewarded for playing well?
    • tbh deathmatch won't ever happen as long as 5v5 non-lethal hellgates exists

I know that 90% of ppl in solo - duo queue doesn't know how to play arenas, just clash and clash mindlessly while a nerd in high mobility build takes the other pillars but we need something different and maaaaybe not so "complicated" for the average newbie, also in case of healers maybe they shouldn't be able to queue as healer if not wearing a healing staff, also won't be able to switch their weapon on arena if it isn't a healing staff... on rest I guess it can stay, troll builds, afk, etc will happen ever and ever as it is ranked, 5v5 and moba-like gaming so deal with it :thumbsup:
      Spear supremacy
    • New

Honestly, Crystal is pretty good at the 2600+ rank. The silver rewards should definitely be raised substantially across the board based on individual overall performance along with higher durability loss per ‘death’ in the arena (obviously not at normal values). The current silver reward is laughable for the the time invested per game.

However, teaming should be limited to 2 people as it still gives a significant advantage. A 3+ person team is just too dominant for a PUG to face and really is just a waste of time for the pug to try to fightZ

That or the Crystal arena queue would be forced to search and mirror the size of pre-made groups for both teams or else no match would occur until so.

I know this effectively discourages teaming, but it’s not fair in any way regardless for solo queues with the current situation.

I know that sort of sucks, but there is a legitimate lethal Crystal league too that is 5vs5 team only.

Finally, I’m not entirely sure how the reporting system works but it should be automated. It’s very easy to determine an AFK player based off the score board. Players that play will have interactions: heals, damage, kills, assists and deaths. Granted, they may still suck, but the stats will clearly be there in some form. The system could be largely automated with any 2 reports report and identifying stats of that individual that are several standard deviations away from the team average would qualify a temporary arena queue ban for an hour.