The Mists number 1 issue

    • The Mists number 1 issue

      This is just more content to make the rich even richer. Why can we not have an IP capped lethal Mists? Veterans have the money to run 8.3+ and pick off all the players who aren't as wealthy. It is nearly impossible to enjoy the Mists in anything below tier 8. There is no in between. It is either play blue zone mists or play 8.3 mists.
    • Bullshit every build that can smash 8.3 dies 10 seconds later from rats so tell me why should I use a buid that can rule 8.3 and give my loot to some flat 4 trashcan ?

      flat 4 rats have literally created a 8.3 meta and everything is based on counter builds, which in most cases are not fast enough to outrun bows/gloves/daggers so what im gonna do ? use a brain sherlock.
    • Stop asking for IP caps in lethal mists. It's an open world setting I should be able to use the advantage and advancement of my character there in a non instanced setting. IP caps just drop the value of the gear people wear thus making the mists have even less value. There are enough people in flat 4 getting plenty of value out of their worthless sets.
      Stop the nonsense, I see a bunch of 4.0 BL rats and a bow of badon and i dont wanna deal with that nonsense you know what you can always do? Leave...go to the next mist.
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love:
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

      Stop asking for IP caps in lethal mists. It's an open world setting I should be able to use the advantage and advancement of my character there in a non instanced setting. IP caps just drop the value of the gear people wear thus making the mists have even less value. There are enough people in flat 4 getting plenty of value out of their worthless sets.
      Stop the nonsense, I see a bunch of 4.0 BL rats and a bow of badon and i dont wanna deal with that nonsense you know what you can always do? Leave...go to the next mist.
      it's not an open world setting. It's as instanced as CD

      In Open world u see no 8.3 Gucci try mock normal people. Know why? Risk to get killed exist. It's called gank.

      And as it's no open world and very low risk the IP cap needs to be put
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

      Stop asking for IP caps in lethal mists. It's an open world setting I should be able to use the advantage and advancement of my character there in a non instanced setting. IP caps just drop the value of the gear people wear thus making the mists have even less value. There are enough people in flat 4 getting plenty of value out of their worthless sets.
      Stop the nonsense, I see a bunch of 4.0 BL rats and a bow of badon and i dont wanna deal with that nonsense you know what you can always do? Leave...go to the next mist.
      mist isn't open world if it was open world noone would run 8.3 cause they will get ganked by a zerg unlike in mist its very IP dependent and safe to run 8.3 especially since u can pick the fights you want

      most ppl in 8.3 don't take fights unless they are at least 300 IP higher there is literally no way to counter or punish that
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      IP cap should be removed from the game entirely, all content. MMO = grind, that's just what it is.
      In BZ sure. In mist I disagree.
      Offering a IP based content for every solo player and more rewarding for high IP would achieve some goals:
      - Emulating PVP between player of the same level.
      - Preventing ratting in low IP gear in high tier mist.
      - Preventing gatekeeping of objectives by high IP in low tier mist. And reinforcing contest of those objectives.
      - Allowing high IP player to access high tier zone without spending hours of search. Therefore, more ryskier but far more rewarding.
      - Allowing less experienced player to access an intermediate lethal zone solo without spending 500k in gear. This point itself is crucial.

      I see several player wanting more risk VS reward. And it is okay. But it has to be aknowledge that gaining experience is a scale.
      By instauring this répartition, the game would give greater content for both sides while giving an opportunity for beginners to improve and sustain in order to reach higher level of mist or BZ OW content.
      It is a win win. Yes, many won't be able to crush 4.2 player in T8, but maybe eventually everyone will enjoy the game more at the end.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

      Fuhcew2 wrote:

      Stop asking for IP caps in lethal mists. It's an open world setting I should be able to use the advantage and advancement of my character there in a non instanced setting. IP caps just drop the value of the gear people wear thus making the mists have even less value. There are enough people in flat 4 getting plenty of value out of their worthless sets.
      Stop the nonsense, I see a bunch of 4.0 BL rats and a bow of badon and i dont wanna deal with that nonsense you know what you can always do? Leave...go to the next mist.
      it's not an open world setting. It's as instanced as CD
      In Open world u see no 8.3 Gucci try mock normal people. Know why? Risk to get killed exist. It's called gank.

      And as it's no open world and very low risk the IP cap needs to be put
      People definitely wear 8.3 in open world. Sure they could increase the risk by lowering mount hp more so that way you don't have to commit a full skill rotation to dismount if your not wearing 8.1+.
      If by your definition mists aren't open world then neither are the roads, and when zones hit cta timers they should have an ip cap too, oh and since you can faction flag they need a cap too, especially in the red zones because IP cap somehow allows skill expression? Allows the new players into every single piece of content, or better yet everyone fresh off the boat should be equal to the veterans who've been here since beta and slowly watched the game they love die catering to the opposite side making every single piece of content "easy access" aka a flat 4 shit show.
      I was being a bit extreme but lets all be honest. The reason inflation in this game is so high currently is because the higher end content has had its value sucked dry by people abusing safer game mechanics(Slayer CDs having loot nerfed because it was too easy to avoid fights and the meta is garbage; ROA chests being taken by single individuals resulting in mass wealth for a few with artifact drops; players having indestructible HO's to craft massive amounts of wealth from and transporting with little risk, not to mention a respawn closer to valuable objectives; OW is full of zergs who risk nothing most cases because they don't fight over objectives they lose 1 or 2 people in flat 4 and run but will happily camp objectives for smaller groups because it's just there and there's nothing in place to stop them; etc, etc et-fucking-cetera.)

      TLDR: IP isn't an issue in the mists. The value is being adjusted and moved around and should make the mists more balanced in value for the average joe, Albion has way bigger fish to fry come 2023.
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love:
    • Gunsnroses wrote:

      Fuhcew2 wrote:

      Stop asking for IP caps in lethal mists. It's an open world setting I should be able to use the advantage and advancement of my character there in a non instanced setting. IP caps just drop the value of the gear people wear thus making the mists have even less value. There are enough people in flat 4 getting plenty of value out of their worthless sets.
      Stop the nonsense, I see a bunch of 4.0 BL rats and a bow of badon and i dont wanna deal with that nonsense you know what you can always do? Leave...go to the next mist.
      mist isn't open world if it was open world noone would run 8.3 cause they will get ganked by a zerg unlike in mist its very IP dependent and safe to run 8.3 especially since u can pick the fights you want
      most ppl in 8.3 don't take fights unless they are at least 300 IP higher there is literally no way to counter or punish that
      yes you can, you leave that mist if you don't have the IP to fight for the objectives there. Stop face checking any dismounted player you see and you'll be fine to move on to a mist where you can safely take or fight over objectives you want.
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love:
    • Huurm wrote:

      This is just more content to make the rich even richer. Why can we not have an IP capped lethal Mists? Veterans have the money to run 8.3+ and pick off all the players who aren't as wealthy. It is nearly impossible to enjoy the Mists in anything below tier 8. There is no in between. It is either play blue zone mists or play 8.3 mists.
      At some point you will have to realize that black zones are not new player friendly. That doesnt mean its a problem for the game. Its a problem for you. You can solve this problem by playing more, paying real life money to buy gold, or by simply doing any of the non-lethal things this game offers you. With many thousands of veteran players, we like this content. It does not need to be gimped to accomodate people unwilling to do the work to get there.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      IP cap should be removed from the game entirely, all content. MMO = grind, that's just what it is.
      This is your opinion, and the one of a part of the community which make no consensus and never will.
      If you like the grind part of the game, fine by you. (You must be please then, because lots of new stuffs are related to grinding (120 spe, new armors to fame, etc))

      But another part of the community just doesn't like grinding and is here for the Sandbox. Sandbox = experimenting. Which become minor aspect of the game, should you first spend XX hours grinding your 8.3 to experiment with it 5min in a no capped hellgate.

      Make the Sandbox aspect of the game minor, and you lose the majority of the community. That's just what it is.
    • grul wrote:

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      IP cap should be removed from the game entirely, all content. MMO = grind, that's just what it is.
      This is your opinion, and the one of a part of the community which make no consensus and never will.If you like the grind part of the game, fine by you. (You must be please then, because lots of new stuffs are related to grinding (120 spe, new armors to fame, etc))

      But another part of the community just doesn't like grinding and is here for the Sandbox. Sandbox = experimenting. Which become minor aspect of the game, should you first spend XX hours grinding your 8.3 to experiment with it 5min in a no capped hellgate.

      Make the Sandbox aspect of the game minor, and you lose the majority of the community. That's just what it is.
      i see this opinion often the grind to be powerful.

      I can fully understand it on one side. If u are handicapped or somehow low skill u are happy to trade time (grind) to cover u skill issue.

      An IP Cap forces you to win by skill not by time spend ..

      I understand this, but i cannot support this.
    • Many vets just don't want to be forced to wear day 1 game gear because of IP caps. If you cap lethal mists it makes no sense to ever spend any silver in the game. If people want low gear fights they should partake in non lethal mists. That is where ip caps should be If anywhere.
    • Tabor wrote:

      Many vets just don't want to be forced to wear day 1 game gear because of IP caps. If you cap lethal mists it makes no sense to ever spend any silver in the game. If people want low gear fights they should partake in non lethal mists. That is where ip caps should be If anywhere.
      u simply don't understand the concept of the ipcap - u dress u 8.x without any issue

      Ipcap works like this - if u have 1500 IP or whatever is decided the mist portal u use is rarity+1. So a common portal brings u to an uncommon mist after a certain IP. U end up in a non capped environment with rewards that reflect u risk u carry with the gear u dress
    • Trial_hard wrote:

      Tabor wrote:

      Many vets just don't want to be forced to wear day 1 game gear because of IP caps. If you cap lethal mists it makes no sense to ever spend any silver in the game. If people want low gear fights they should partake in non lethal mists. That is where ip caps should be If anywhere.
      u simply don't understand the concept of the ipcap - u dress u 8.x without any issue
      Ipcap works like this - if u have 1500 IP or whatever is decided the mist portal u use is rarity+1. So a common portal brings u to an uncommon mist after a certain IP. U end up in a non capped environment with rewards that reflect u risk u carry with the gear u dress
      I personally go in 5.2 and 6.1 because I have high spec in the builds i play and can achieve 1400 IP with those tiers of gear. So, stop assuming you know anything about me. Secondly, yes, this is black zone content, and if you need an IP cap, it means you either (a) shouldn'tbe in the black zone, or (b) need to understand that you WILL be at a disadvantage in lower tier gear, and just accept it.
    • Issue with repartition is how many of layer do you put ? (there are 2 lethals layer in cd but also an ip cap.... Without IP cap, you would need at least 4)

      Issue with IP matchup is that it is abusable (I enter in t4, then switch to 8.3)

      Maybe it should be based on items value on you and in inventory ? But if you loot a chest, it can go up for no reason...
    • when mists was first introduced by SBI back in season 16 as a concept
      most would agree their vision for the Mists would be a scaled down open world experience

      where Solo players would get to experience the FULL Lands awaken rework WITHOUT being ganked unfairly by Numbers
      where you dont have to deal with Corrupted dungeons traps, crystals and bats
      and you have the choice to take fights for Worthy objectives

      The release was rough and many fixed was put in place to Smooth it out
      And most would agree with me there are Not enough WORTHY objectives


      and with the latest talks with the devs it is decided that Mists are Not for everyone
      and should not cater for everyone (new players) as counter intuitive as it sounds

      we take CD as a dungeon for beginners to mid tier to have a fair 1v1 with Loot at the end
      then mists would be an open world with treasure worth fighting several Solo players over in a Frenzy
      but never so profitable that it over shadows roads and openworld

      The loot amount should be something like this corresponding to its difficulty in PVP
      Solo dungeons > Corrupted dungeons > hellgates 2 > mists > roads > open world blackzone


      This is why mists should not be IP capped.
      as it should be a place for People to risk T8 or 8.3 gear for the chance for Worthy Loot

      Hence the idea is not to Put Caps on the content but to buff Loot to meet expectations levels of players willing to sacrifice gear
      in a 1v1v1v1 rat fest
      also if you think about it 8.3 players them selfs are the LOOT. you just have to kill them :P
      The Tank Who Bonks

      The post was edited 5 times, last by The_Support_God ().