Testserver Patch Notes - Beyond the Veil Patch 2

    • @The_Support_God

      Lets make a deal
      if you stop starting the conversation with me with an insult each time
      and respect i play the game proper though not to your extent
      then maybe i will stop tagging you

      if not ...
      i am fine with letting the whole albion forums know you are another KNOW IT ALL
      since you have High amount of kills, play time and forum time

      I will Let them know you are another person they can Look up to and ask your opinion on game balance
      then i can sit here and watch as you have slips of tongue and create stupid ideas from thin air

      then comment on your every Single Mistake

      @The_Support_God

      daily dose of copium :D

    • Player Anonymity
      • Players within the Mists are now automatically anonymized
        • Characters in the Mists and the Greater Mists will now show as "Mysterious Stranger" to other players that are not in their party
        • This anonymity conceals the identity for any players that encounter them in the game world
        • Local chat channels (say, emote) also conceal the players identity
        • Global chat channels will not conceal the players identity as they are relevant to the player's current location
        • Certain UI options in anonymous regions are disabled (Stats, Trade, Duel, Whisper, Add Friend, Guild Invite )
          • "Report" still functions, and though the player's identity is not disclosed, the character's identity is reported properly to our staff
        • A player's identity is only disclosed when
          • They invite another player to their group (in the Greater Mists only)
          • They die

      Is EVERYONE going to have the same name? because.... that's.... kinda dumb. can we at least do "mysterious stranger 1, mysterious stranger 2, mysterious stranger 3.... etc" so we can actually differenciate between players whos name tag shows up on the edge of ur screen but their characters are not visible yet? that way, say if you are following someone you want to fight, but then a random 3rd person shows up with all 8.3 gear and you wont even know if it's the guy you are following or someone new. and a lot of weapons have skills like shadow edge or warbow E that can hit you from off screen, so you will just be kinda done if you get put in combat with someone who has the same name tag but isnt the person you were following..... thats best i can put it lol. hope you understand what im saying.
    • ProfessorPewlina wrote:

      Player Anonymity
      • Players within the Mists are now automatically anonymized
        • Characters in the Mists and the Greater Mists will now show as "Mysterious Stranger" to other players that are not in their party
        • This anonymity conceals the identity for any players that encounter them in the game world
        • Local chat channels (say, emote) also conceal the players identity
        • Global chat channels will not conceal the players identity as they are relevant to the player's current location
        • Certain UI options in anonymous regions are disabled (Stats, Trade, Duel, Whisper, Add Friend, Guild Invite )
          • "Report" still functions, and though the player's identity is not disclosed, the character's identity is reported properly to our staff
        • A player's identity is only disclosed when
          • They invite another player to their group (in the Greater Mists only)
          • They die


      Is EVERYONE going to have the same name? because.... that's.... kinda dumb. can we at least do "mysterious stranger 1, mysterious stranger 2, mysterious stranger 3.... etc" so we can actually differenciate between players whos name tag shows up on the edge of ur screen but their characters are not visible yet? that way, say if you are following someone you want to fight, but then a random 3rd person shows up with all 8.3 gear and you wont even know if it's the guy you are following or someone new. and a lot of weapons have skills like shadow edge or warbow E that can hit you from off screen, so you will just be kinda done if you get put in combat with someone who has the same name tag but isnt the person you were following..... thats best i can put it lol. hope you understand what im saying.
      The point of the change is for this exact reason. You should NOT be able to quickly identify who a player is this is what encourages preemptive teaming up instead of organic fighting. All of this current state of easily picking and choosing fights because you easily know who or what you are fighting against is risk dodging.
    • Quagga wrote:

      The_Support_God wrote:

      at 1 minute combat lock you might as well just donate your gear
      quit the game completely
      and uninstall the game while you are at it

      Hence a stupid idea.
      and completely unfair even for 3rd party
      0 game knowledge balance or thought put behind it

      you just hate 3rd party rats dont you
      even if they are part of the so called open world experience


      if you wanted a fair 1v1
      corrupted dungeons is always there for you

      a fair 2v2 is Hellgates
      where your target cannot run away
      0 game knowledge balance or thought put behind it ?
      the mount system is broken asf in albion make you literally unkillable god and you are rewarded for being afk on a mount and ppl are punished for active gameplay
      it's a garbage game design and it's not about fair 1v1, it's about balance risk = reward for rats, now you can roam with t3 ox flat 4 bl and be rewarded more than 8.3

      this is bad game design

      and the 3rd pt will not be removed from the game, it will force you to roam without a mount, but guess what, 90% of AO players abuse mounts and don't know how to play the game if they have to think more than just dismount and click E.

      90% of my dead in the mist are from ppl with average 100kill BL rats.
      Are you really still promoting this brain dead idea? If you remove mounts then mobility will become the end all be all of the mists. It’s already the most important factor, but if there’s no mounts it will be almost the only factor.

      Strongest gear in your mist and highest mobility? Congrats no one can escape you and you get everything.

      Strongest gear in your mist but crap mobility? Eventually all the rats will catch you and your gear is theirs. Good luck getting any objectives from the rats, they’ll just outrun you.

      New player in the mists fame farming a new build that has shite mobility? Have fun dying literally every time you come on another player’s screen because you have no mount to escape and shite mobility on the weapon you’re fame farming.

      There are tons more scenarios that would exacerbate the issues that no mounts would bring. They’re in the game for a reason.

      Try putting the slightest thought into what you say before you babble on and in about it, because saying stupid shit like this just shows everyone what a fool you are and how little effort you actually put into your feedback and suggestions.
    • Arcanian88 wrote:

      Are you really still promoting this brain dead idea? If you remove mounts then mobility will become the end all be all of the mists. It’s already the most important factor, but if there’s no mounts it will be almost the only factor.
      Calm down, no one wants to remove mounts from the mist.

      we are talking about this:

      Long Hostile Dismount
      • Ability Cooldown: 10s -> 12s
      the idea is to increase the cooldown to 1 minute.

      currently flat 4 rats vulturing objectives and kill fun to do so have no risk.
      If the cooldown was long enough most of the rats who only dismount on your head as you have less than 50% hp would stop doing it, and some would start roaming without mounts.

      so the rat gameplay and killsteal will not be killed and risk = reward will be added.

      As for mounts, they are too strong anyway, armor should be nerfed 50% at least, and hp pushed even less.
      If someone dies in a 1v1 gank it is a problem in his gameplay and the game should not give you safety by default.

      This era of snowflake started after HO was added to the game, people expect safe everywhere. <X <X <X

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Quagga ().

    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

      Player Anonymity


      Players within the Mists are now automatically anonymized


      Characters in the Mists and the Greater Mists will now show as "Mysterious Stranger" to other players that are not in their party

      This anonymity conceals the identity for any players that encounter them in the game world

      I don't think the way this is done is a good change. While it accomplishes one thing (no more easy grouping up), it destroys a few other factors in the game: recognisability, the ability to work together and make new friends and the ability to make a name in this MMO in these zones.



      Recognisability
      If I've seen player A already and he's fishing in T4 gear and not making an attempt to attack me, I know I can probably ignore him. Player B has been killing some mobs and ran from me. Player C dismounted and attempted to kill me earlier. And player D is looking suspicious at me and I get the feeling he's following me.

      With the existing system, when I see a nameplate appear I know it's either A or B and I know I'm pretty safe. Or I see player name C and I know I need to pay attention. And if it's player D again, I know what he's up to.

      When all names are anonymized, I cannot see if player D is following me. I don't know whether I need to be paying attention to player A or B as they could just as well be player C and attempt to kill me any time they spot me, because I cannot tell the difference between the players anymore.

      Please don't anonymize player names, it removes our ability to recognise people.



      Working together
      Banding together with random people, making friends, or backstabbing them, it is all part of an open world PvP game. This will be impossible now in the mists. What's the point of playing an MMO if we cannot meet new people to play with?



      Making a name
      This is a MMORPG. We're playing a character and making a name for ourselves in this game. Some of us make more of a name than others, get well known as alliance leaders or streamers, plot owners, some others make a small name as 'that one guy I always encounter when fishing in that one zone' for the few other frequent players at that time of the day, but it's a name nonetheless.

      Removing names means we cannot do that.




      Reason in favour of anonymization
      I see why you want to anonymize people, because you want more fair 1v1v1v1 fights rather than 1v2v1v1 fights when some people decide to talk to eachother and group up.


      But this is an MMO, why shouldn't people be encouraged to make friends and group up? Sure, it becomes really easy to group up when you're part of a big alliance so you can easily group up any time you spot someone with the same or friendly alliance tag and group up. I see why that could create problems, as grouping up may become too easy then.



      Alternative suggestion 1:
      Why not only hide the name of guild and alliance name instead?

      It allows players to make a name for themselves, allows people to recognise other players they've spotted earlier in the Mists, allows players to band up and make new friends, yet stops large groups from easily grouping up unless they keep track of every name in that alliance.

      It's not foolproof, but better than anonymizing everything.



      Alternative suggestion 2:
      If you wish to anonymize everyone anyway, and remove the ability for players to make new friends inside the mists, at least allow us to recognize the other players in the mists.

      Give those mysterious strangers random recognisable names:

      One player would be Mysterious Stranger 'Adam'
      The next would be Mysterious Stranger 'Bob'
      Third is Mysterious Stranger 'Charles'

      etc.

      That way, even though I don't know their real names, I'd still be able to recognise that Mysterious Stranger Adam was not really a threat in T4 fishing gear, Bob is probably more scared of me than I am of him, and Charles might try to kill me again when I see his nameplate appear.

      The post was edited 7 times, last by Mandulf ().

    • Quagga wrote:

      Arcanian88 wrote:

      Are you really still promoting this brain dead idea? If you remove mounts then mobility will become the end all be all of the mists. It’s already the most important factor, but if there’s no mounts it will be almost the only factor.
      Calm down, no one wants to remove mounts from the mist.
      we are talking about this:

      Long Hostile Dismount
      • Ability Cooldown: 10s -> 12s
      the idea is to increase the cooldown to 1 minute.

      currently flat 4 rats vulturing objectives and kill fun to do so have no risk.
      If the cooldown was long enough most of the rats who only dismount on your head as you have less than 50% hp would stop doing it, and some would start roaming without mounts.

      so the rat gameplay and killsteal will not be killed and risk = reward will be added.

      As for mounts, they are too strong anyway, armor should be nerfed 50% at least, and hp pushed even less.
      If someone dies in a 1v1 gank it is a problem in his gameplay and the game should not give you safety by default.

      This era of snowflake started after HO was added to the game, people expect safe everywhere. <X <X <X
      Yes people do want to remove mounts, they have said it, directly to you even.

      If you think your idea of a 1 minute cooldown is any better then that just shows yet again the terrible judgement you have and the uselessness of your opinion.

      Being a full time neckbeard gamer doesn’t mean you would be a good game designer, stop sharing so many of your useless opinions here.
    • Arcanian88 wrote:

      Quagga wrote:

      Arcanian88 wrote:

      Are you really still promoting this brain dead idea? If you remove mounts then mobility will become the end all be all of the mists. It’s already the most important factor, but if there’s no mounts it will be almost the only factor.
      Calm down, no one wants to remove mounts from the mist.we are talking about this:

      Long Hostile Dismount
      • Ability Cooldown: 10s -> 12s
      the idea is to increase the cooldown to 1 minute.

      currently flat 4 rats vulturing objectives and kill fun to do so have no risk.
      If the cooldown was long enough most of the rats who only dismount on your head as you have less than 50% hp would stop doing it, and some would start roaming without mounts.

      so the rat gameplay and killsteal will not be killed and risk = reward will be added.

      As for mounts, they are too strong anyway, armor should be nerfed 50% at least, and hp pushed even less.
      If someone dies in a 1v1 gank it is a problem in his gameplay and the game should not give you safety by default.

      This era of snowflake started after HO was added to the game, people expect safe everywhere. <X <X <X
      Yes people do want to remove mounts, they have said it, directly to you even.
      If you think your idea of a 1 minute cooldown is any better then that just shows yet again the terrible judgement you have and the uselessness of your opinion.

      Being a full time neckbeard gamer doesn’t mean you would be a good game designer, stop sharing so many of your useless opinions here.
      yes it's the best idea to stop autistic ppl from denying content to ppl who actually want to play the game, not sit for 30min afk on mount and watch other ppl try to play the game.

      you only prove how broken mounts are in the game and how addicted you are to them, maybe full loot lethal zone are not for you yet 20m pvp is not much experience to be so angry boy.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().

    • Piraterer wrote:

      Disabling Mounts would be a bad idea.
      If you disable mounts we urgently need an IP cap.
      This sentence right here is so true as the perfect conclusion
      that i cant help but agree with it
      hence my earlier responses


      The_Support_God wrote:

      at 1 minute combat lock you might as well just donate your gear
      quit the game completely
      and uninstall the game while you are at it

      Hence a stupid idea.
      and completely unfair even for 3rd party
      0 game knowledge balance or thought put behind it

      you just hate 3rd party rats dont you
      even if they are part of the so called open world experience


      if you wanted a fair 1v1
      corrupted dungeons is always there for you

      a fair 2v2 is Hellgates
      where your target cannot run away

      When you make such suggestions, you dont speak of the repercussions for game balance
      as always @Quagga

      because you dont talk in length about the topic or want to spend hours infront of your PC explaining every detail of what would happen
      and HOW you would handle the Fall out of game balance when you make such a drastic change


      Hence, it comes down to this Simple rebuttal from me and a cry out from people like
      @Arcanian88 who thought you were an experienced old player but made such stupid suggestions


      and besides Mounts were never too strong in the Quote Unquote "open world" were they now?
      you always had 4.1 shitters in huge numbers
      Invis gankers or invis pot abusers who dives the gathering nodes
      actual ZvZers

      and when SBI made an actual Open world for Solo duo players aka mists
      all the previous decisions they made to make Mounts tanker to counter Gankers years ago come full circle to bite solo players
      lets not forget the many health buffs, move speed changes, mount gallop changes and ect

      that made dismounting as a solo player near impossible
      i remember the days in queen patch where there are even solo/ duo gankers on the roads and they can dismount players
      fun times yes?
      The Tank Who Bonks

      The post was edited 2 times, last by The_Support_God ().

    • Mandulf wrote:

      PrintsKaspian wrote:

      Player Anonymity
      [...]
      I don't think the way this is done is a good change. While it accomplishes one thing (no more easy grouping up), it destroys a few other factors in the game: recognisability, the ability to work together and make new friends and the ability to make a name in this MMO in these zones.
      [...]

      I agree. "Player Anonymity" is not a good idea.

      But there are some very ambitious solo players here in the forum who dream of a fair 1v1 in the Mists. And they are loudly calling on the developers to change the gameplay in the Mists to their liking. With the introduction of "Player Anonymity", the developers have fulfilled a first demand.

      But anonymity will not prevent the dreaded team-up. Players who make it a point to meet up with friends in the Solo-Mists to fight together still have many options: They can recognise each other by skins, or by unusual builds. They can agree on meeting points on the maps or draw attention to themselves by certain movements.

      As soon as the ambitious solo players will notice that the "Player Anonymity" is not enough, they will urge the developers to remove skins and to change the inspecting as well as the representation of enemy characters. In the end, we will be fighting colourful, soulless bullets in the Mists.

      "Player Anonymity" does not solve the problem. But it brings many disadvantages and collateral damage. Mandulf has written and summarised this very well in his text.


      But of course teaming-up in the Mists is a problem. To prevent it and at the same time promote fair 1v1 battles, the number of players on a Mist map would have to be greatly reduced. However, this would have the disadvantage that it will sometimes take a long time to find an opponent. It would not be easy to find a good balance - but in my opinion it would be a better approach than destroying social aspects in the game with "Player Anonymity" and the shutting down of chat channels.
    • @The_Support_God

      but who is arrogant and lacks knowledge of the game me or this new player ? He didn't even ask me why, he just attacks me straight away and says it's a stupid idea and why does he say that? Because the SBI has turned the game into a carebear simulator and every new player thinks it should be safe by default.
      I agree that it should not be too hardcore so that everyone has a chance, but also not like now where a person follows you for 30 minutes and you can't do anything. IT IS A BAD GAME DESIGN you are punished for playing the game when someone is afk on the mount is rewarded.

      I am not going to copy-paste 3 pages of nda and other changes every time, that is not what i am here for

      these guy don't want to improve overall gameplay for everyone he wants to preserve the "broken" system from which he benefits.
      in the same way as he "abuses" arm base mounts he only plays with battle bracers and why? because

      a) they provide maximum survivability and make you practically impossible to catch in 1v1

      b) gloves and daggers are both S tier mobility weapons which do not require any special knowledge of the game, their whole strength is in spamming Q and resetting the fight as many times as they want.

      after all it is still the fault of the SBI who through their decisions turned black zone into safety heaven, definitely most players have no idea about PVP they only exist there because the game added 57485793 safe mechanics instead of forcing new players to learn the game.
      mist has perfect potential and is the perfect place for small scale content but the rat problem is real, the game is 7 years old not 3 months and the decisions and combat balance looks like albion was created 3 months ago.

      I thought mist was finally going to be a "content" for solo players who want full loot pvp and we got another rat dump and flat 4 new players, it's boring this gameplay we already have and it's around every hideout and in front of every portal/rest

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Quagga ().

    • if you have game knowledge and are an old member of the forums
      its all the more reason you dont make suggestions that are on the side of Too much
      or agree upon such stuff in the first place

      If you do agree to such suggestions then its all the more reason to explain your PoV in great detail

      instead you choose to be self defensive and try to discredit other people just cause they have LESS stats then you & is a newer player
      when they start hammering you with insults on your choice of words
      what would happen if the other side has more stats & gameplay experience then you what then?
      would you still try to discredit their play experience?


      this whole conversation with you and arcanian88
      has shown how selfish you are trying to destroy other's experience just cause you have ratting issues with 4.1 and hyper mobile weapon
      and you disguise it as bad game design or developers's fault that mounts are OP?


      does it even cross in your mind that hes in 5.1 cause its profitable?
      as 5.1 or 6.1 you can die a lot and not lose much silver and yet be able to fight T8 players with skill?
      As 5.1 even new players can part take in the activity even if they have to be more "Ratty" about it

      or does it even cross your mind this is the intended game play for mists by the devs since lands awaken
      where Solo player get a fair chance at objectives instead of being 1v20 in the open world cause of small chest?
      sure its not perfect because there are 8.3 players and 4.1 players but all deserve a chance at that objective yes?
      and this is why i said 8.3 vs 8.0 vs 4.1 is not a problem


      hence why instead of the drastic idea of deleting all mounts or increase the combat timer to 1 min
      if mounts were the problem in solo mists then you should have just stay with a moderate opinion
      that mounts in solo mists should be weaker by reducing health and resistance

      i can agree to this kind of moderate opinion
      The Tank Who Bonks

      The post was edited 5 times, last by The_Support_God ().

    • I think you're messing up the roles, I have no intention to roleplay here like some senior member or some other shit.

      I'm here spamming to SBI to finally start creating content for ENDGAME players, the game is already newbie friendly enough and flooded with flat 4 players....

      tell me why should i login to the game when i have few B silvers and a full spec destiny board to fight in a flat 4 simulator?
      this is nothing more than a middle finger for end game players.

      what am i supposed to do with silver when i cant spend it in a fun way and im not going to feed flat 4 rats.... i have to RMT ?
      I might as well play faction in YZ because I don't pick up loot from these flat 4-6 anyway.

      what's the point in grinding etc if everything in the game is about flat 4 ?

      even combat balance is newbie friendly the fastest weapons and the best for killsteal are available from flat 4

      in six months there will be another update and what will it be all about again, running in flat 4?


      as for the guy and his 20m pvp and his knowledge of pvp, it's just as meme as if he had applied as an NDA tester.
    • Quagga wrote:

      I think you're messing up the roles, I have no intention to roleplay here like some senior member or some other shit.

      I'm here spamming to SBI to finally start creating content for ENDGAME players, the game is already newbie friendly enough and flooded with flat 4 players....

      tell me why should i login to the game when i have few B silvers and a full spec destiny board to fight in a flat 4 simulator?
      this is nothing more than a middle finger for end game players.

      what am i supposed to do with silver when i cant spend it in a fun way and im not going to feed flat 4 rats.... i have to RMT ?
      I might as well play faction in YZ because I don't pick up loot from these flat 4-6 anyway.

      what's the point in grinding etc if everything in the game is about flat 4 ?

      even combat balance is newbie friendly the fastest weapons and the best for killsteal are available from flat 4

      in six months there will be another update and what will it be all about again, running in flat 4?


      as for the guy and his 20m pvp and his knowledge of pvp, it's just as meme as if he had applied as an NDA tester.
      This guy is just a child with terrible ideas, he can’t argue to support his ideas, he makes up bullshit like I’m new and inexperienced when his pvp is literally the same as mine.

      He clearly has little understanding of 1v1 fights and metas if he thinks bracers are meta in 1v1. In fact bracers lose most equal ip fights against meta builds if both players play properly. He’s literally only butthurt because a weapon built to have mobility as it’s unique aspect, has mobility as it’s unique aspect.

      You can’t talk to a child like this, he doesn’t argue in logic, he argues in infantile egoism, while that egoism is literally based on a lie.

      Quagga is prime neckbeard material guys, take notes.