Arabic language & Celebrating Muslims holidays!

• User Interface
    • Arabic language & Celebrating Muslims holidays!

I have a simple question, actually two:
      Where is the Arabic language?
      Why does the game not celebrate the holidays of Arab & Muslims like other nations and religions?

Arabs and Muslims amount to more than a billion people living in the Middle East, West and Central Asia, and so many other countries around the world. Yet the game ignores adding the Arabic language as one of the official languages within the game, and we have not yet seen a single Islamic celebration such as the month of
      "Ramadan" or "Eid al-Adha and Eid al-Fitr", as Christmas and other religious and national holidays are celebrated.

It is worth mentioning, that many other games, such as Riot and Ubisoft, have added the Arabic language as a main user interface with dialogues and internal quotes for the characters, which is really great. I hope that the developers will look into this matter very soon, out of respect for the many Arab and Muslim players who have been here since the launch of the game.

Here's a quick sample of RIOT Arabic interface:
      "There is no soul without a vigilant angel recording everything. Let people then consider what they were created from!" - Holy Quran
    • With respect to your relgion, I don't think the game should celebrate any religious holidays.

And so do the developers of the game, it seems, because I see there are no references to any specific religion ingame. While the idea of a 'faith' exists in the game in the form of the priest weapons, monks, holy spells, the developers have been careful enough not to include anything directly referring to Christianity or any other real life faith. You can see no crosses on the priest staves, the December month refers to 'Yuletide' rather than 'Christmas', there are no churches, synagogues, mosques or other religious temples in the game.

Not only is it much more fitting for the game set in a fantasy medieval pre-Christianity Britain, this way the game is much more inclusive for everyone, rather than having religious holidays that will always exclude a large group of people that don't feel any connection with that religion at all.

But, if there would be any religious holidays ingame, I think these should fit within the theme of the game of the Arthurian legends in fantasy medieval Britain.

Know any Celtic holidays?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Mandulf ().

• Mandulf wrote:

Know any Celtic holidays?
      With all due respect to what you talked about, although you've listed facts that appear convincing, but their interior is not far from what I included, but I referred to the point of celebration in a line and a half, no more. This does not negate, on the other hand, that the Arabic language in general is spoken widely by more than half of the languages supported within the game, and it has not yet been included among those, Strange right?!

And yeah, I don't take anything personally or out of hatred.

Thanks for your thoughts anyways.
      "There is no soul without a vigilant angel recording everything. Let people then consider what they were created from!" - Holy Quran
    • the genuine question I have regarding some of the religions/holidays is a lot of them now feel more about consumerism like Christmas, easter, and Halloween than any possible religious link they had from my perception of them. I do obviously clearly understand their origins, but not sure if they are to be compared since it is more about making sales or consuming products than the original religious belief behind them.

So I do agree that supported languages might be great (worth it for sure). However for the celebrations of Ramadan and others, since it's about selling a product and nothing more, i feel it would be disingenuous to make sales or sell anything "marketed" for those.

So in all the events i've seen marketed for Albion with "holidays" and whatnot usually feel more like consumerism celebrations (aka made to spend money and make money from the avg person) more than a religious occasion while all the celebrations you've marked do not seem to be yet (or as badly) affected by being just an excuse to spend money/money grab from consumers.
    • Deathskills wrote:

the genuine question I have regarding some of the religions/holidays is a lot of them now feel more about consumerism like Christmas, easter, and Halloween than any possible religious link they had from my perception of them. I do obviously clearly understand their origins, but not sure if they are to be compared since it is more about making sales or consuming products than the original religious belief behind them.

So I do agree that supported languages might be great (worth it for sure). However for the celebrations of Ramadan and others, since it's about selling a product and nothing more, i feel it would be disingenuous to make sales or sell anything "marketed" for those.

So in all the events i've seen marketed for Albion with "holidays" and whatnot usually feel more like consumerism celebrations (aka made to spend money and make money from the avg person) more than a religious occasion while all the celebrations you've marked do not seem to be yet (or as badly) affected by being just an excuse to spend money/money grab from consumers.
      Well said sir!

I am really impressed by your narration of this very sensitive and moral point. I really do not know how I missed it as a Muslim. Perhaps some enthusiasm and haste prompted me to compare such holidays. I don't really know where are you from? And what is your religion? But my heart is happy for you, or as we said in Arabic: شكرًا جزيلًا.

God's forgiveness and repent to Him.
    • Considering SBI is from Germany and you obviously hate white people I wouldn't be holding your breath on special events for your religion. SBI is too busy controlling the world as the evil "gwailou" according to previous comments you have made. I've played other games in the past like Guild Wars 2 etc that celebrate other cultures' holidays. I've never seen anyone in those games bitch about those events. I come here and oh boy the butt hurt is real.. You know what though? Why don't we have an event where we can't eat food for a month IG; It'll save a bunch of us IG silver :)

Let's not stop there. Can my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Fridays also be an in-game event? That way we can all worship The Flying Spaghetti Monster and enjoy all-you-can-eat food at the same time! I may not like you, but my pasta lord loves all.
      So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!

The post was edited 6 times, last by Jerek ().

• It could be nice to have Arabic language support in Albion.

It's one of the bigger languages in the world that has no support yet on this game, so it might be worth it for SBI to add Arabic to the list of supported languages.

What languages does Albion Online support?
      Albion Online is available in English, German, Russian, French, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean. We are always keeping an eye on whether it is feasible to add additional languages.
      We want our localization to be of the highest standard. Implementing and keeping a new language is up to date is a serious effort - and if we do it, we want to do it right.
      (From albiononline.com/en/frequently-asked-questions#languages )
    • Sneferu wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

the genuine question I have regarding some of the religions/holidays is a lot of them now feel more about consumerism like Christmas, easter, and Halloween than any possible religious link they had from my perception of them. I do obviously clearly understand their origins, but not sure if they are to be compared since it is more about making sales or consuming products than the original religious belief behind them.

Well said sir!
      I am really impressed by your narration of this very sensitive and moral point. I really do not know how I missed it as a Muslim. Perhaps some enthusiasm and haste prompted me to compare such holidays. I don't really know where are you from? And what is your religion? But my heart is happy for you, or as we said in Arabic: شكرًا جزيلًا.

God's forgiveness and repent to Him.
      I got own religion, I smack god

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

• Jerek wrote:

Considering SBI is from Germany and you obviously hate white people I wouldn't be holding your breath on special events for your religion. SBI is too busy controlling the world as the evil "gwailou" according to previous comments you have made. I've played other games in the past like Guild Wars 2 etc that celebrate other cultures' holidays. I've never seen anyone in those games bitch about those events. I come here and oh boy the butt hurt is real.. You know what though? Why don't we have an event where we can't eat food for a month IG; It'll save a bunch of us IG silver :)

Let's not stop there. Can my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Fridays also be an in-game event? That way we can all worship The Flying Spaghetti Monster and enjoy all-you-can-eat food at the same time! I may not like you, but my pasta lord loves all.
      Well, did you come here again to throw your bullshit that I don't even care to look at let alone discuss!

I am neither hater of the white man nor the black man, because we are equal in front of God like the teeth of a comb, and the work of the son of Adam is the only difference that will judge between us on the Day of Resurrection.

Speaking of Germany, it was the only country that got angry about Qatar hosting the World Cup this year, you know why? Because they're believe it's too much for a Muslim-Arab country to be the owner of the share! So the white man is the only one who has a problem with other races, ask millions of Africans and Indians who have been displaced, enslaved and killed through the years for the supremacy of the white man!

This is not the place to mention dates and historical events, but the facts are clear to those in whose heart there is sight.

You're not welcome in my topic anymore, so cut the crap.
    • Sneferu wrote:

Jerek wrote:

Considering SBI is from Germany and you obviously hate white people I wouldn't be holding your breath on special events for your religion. SBI is too busy controlling the world as the evil "gwailou" according to previous comments you have made. I've played other games in the past like Guild Wars 2 etc that celebrate other cultures' holidays. I've never seen anyone in those games bitch about those events. I come here and oh boy the butt hurt is real.. You know what though? Why don't we have an event where we can't eat food for a month IG; It'll save a bunch of us IG silver :)

I am neither hater of the white man nor the black man, because we are equal in front of God like the teeth of a comb, and the work of the son of Adam is the only difference that will judge between us on the Day of Resurrection.
      How did you figure out that we are equal in front of God ? it's not like you met him, did you, to know what he thinks, what he likes, what dislikes, what he forgives, what not. Or did someone tell you ? No sh*t you believed him ? God is mystery.
    • Unangwata wrote:

No sh*t you believed him ? God is mystery.
      ﴾Verily, those who turn away from Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. by attacking, distorting and denying them), are not hidden from Us. Is he who is cast into the Fire better or he who comes secure on the Day of Resurrection? Do what you will. Verily! He is All-Seer of what you do.﴿ - Holy Qu`ran

Here's a man (Andrew Tate) who was guided by God. Listen to him, so that you may find an atom of light in your heart:
      ANDREW TATE EXPLAINS WHY HE BECAME A MUSLIM

Other than that, practice your atheist rituals somewhere else and stop running my topic.
    • Sneferu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

No sh*t you believed him ? God is mystery.
      ﴾Verily, those who turn away from Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. by attacking, distorting and denying them), are not hidden from Us. Is he who is cast into the Fire better or he who comes secure on the Day of Resurrection? Do what you will. Verily! He is All-Seer of what you do.﴿ - Holy Qu`ran
      Here's a man (Andrew Tate) who was guided by God. Listen to him, so that you may find an atom of light in your heart:
      ANDREW TATE EXPLAINS WHY HE BECAME A MUSLIM

Other than that, practice your atheist rituals somewhere else and stop running my topic.
      Proof and evidence ? Good one. What evidence ? Evidence of what ? God;s thoughts ? Any evidence you find will most likely be evidence of something else. Yours is only interpretation which is nothing more than a guess. There is no proof of anything. And who you get lessons from ? Humans. If humans claims he knows what god wants then he is pretty f*ck up and there is not evidence that he is telling the truth.
      Get yourself brainwashed and you will be used, and be braincrack like them.
      Religion is but a hint, not a truth. Truth is nothing but your understanding which is far from how things are. That's why take a hint and don't think you know truth.
    • Sneferu wrote:

Jerek wrote:

Well, did you come here again to throw your bullshit that I don't even care to look at let alone discuss!

Speaking of Germany, it was the only country that got angry about Qatar hosting the World Cup this year, you know why? Because they're believe it's too much for a Muslim-Arab country to be the owner of the share! So the white man is the only one who has a problem with other races, ask millions of Africans and Indians who have been displaced, enslaved and killed through the years for the supremacy of the white man!

This is not the place to mention dates and historical events, but the facts are clear to those in whose heart there is sight.

You're not welcome in my topic anymore, so cut the crap.
      LOL is all I will say to that. I don't care if I'm welcome or not it's a public forum. Don't like it, use private DM's or Discord. I'm just doing the same thing you did by coming into a conversation that was none of your business,. Typical though, it's fine when you do it right? Hypocrite, enjoy your Ramada discussions in Albion.
      So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Jerek ().

• Sneferu wrote:

Jerek wrote:

for the supremacy of the white man!
      Man, color of the skin is same like color of the eyes, hair. I would be more concerned about supremacy of red hair and their plot to take over the world