Axe Q1 and Q2 are useless

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Raktul wrote:

i understand about Q1, but i do use Q2 in crystals or 10vs10 its a lot of AoE damage if you get close enough
      but the Q3 is much better than the Q1 thats truth
      youtube.com/results?search_que…20v20&sp=EgIIBA%253D%253D

In the first 6 videos I see they only use Q3. And I haven't seen anyone use Q2 in years.

In hellgates there is a clap meta and Q2 is much worse on realm than Q3.

Provide some examples behind Q2 usages because I can not find a single one.
    • ziigii wrote:

Raktul wrote:

i understand about Q1, but i do use Q2 in crystals or 10vs10 its a lot of AoE damage if you get close enough
      but the Q3 is much better than the Q1 thats truth
      youtube.com/results?search_que…20v20&sp=EgIIBA%253D%253D
      In the first 6 videos I see they only use Q3. And I haven't seen anyone use Q2 in years.

In hellgates there is a clap meta and Q2 is much worse on realm than Q3.

Provide some examples behind Q2 usages because I can not find a single one.
      mmm you are right there is not that much people that use it (i still use it and have good results but i guess it really is bad)
      and i dont really play hellgates
    • Pororo wrote:

additionally, w skills and passive needs rework.
      why ? axe passives and W skills are one of the best in the game....
      for sure Q2 needs some love, but the rest is ok. from the other side, I would like to see the original passives for each tree, as is the case with gloves.

Q1 is better than Q3, but Q3 is more versatile

maybe some dmg tweak at Q1 yep yep

The post was edited 2 times, last by Quagga ().

• at one point in the game's life axes were so strong in any group pvp meta
      they they had a near 100% presence in every content
      because of the AoE damage they bring to the table

anything 6 meters in axes will take damage bleeds, healing reduction and AoE escalation damage
      and if i was not mistaken bleeds and healing reduction during that time deal more damage/effect

this was so strong in fact they had to apply the famous inner ring outer ring mechanic
      and adjust it 3-4 times cause it broke axes for a month

this was also the time where we chads were complaining that swords were weak and clunky
      followed by the famous nerf everything after buff swords stand time era

Sorry for getting carried away but what i want to say is
      I agree with a small buff to axe Q1. Give 10% move speed if hit target?
      and maybe a mechanic revert for axe Q2.
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • The_Support_God wrote:

at one point in the game's life axes were so strong in any group pvp meta
      they they had a near 100% presence in every content
      because of the AoE damage they bring to the table

anything 6 meters in axes will take damage bleeds, healing reduction and AoE escalation damage
      and if i was not mistaken bleeds and healing reduction during that time deal more damage/effect

this was so strong in fact they had to apply the famous inner ring outer ring mechanic
      and adjust it 3-4 times cause it broke axes for a month

this was also the time where we chads were complaining that swords were weak and clunky
      followed by the famous nerf everything after buff swords stand time era
      Yes and because the beed was too strong SBI nerfed Q1 two times and Q2 4+ times. Then released Q3 with super long stand times so it was weaker than nerfed Q2. Then they nerfed bleeding and axes were the worst weapons in the game for a month. Finally they buffed Q3 which brought axes back but Q1 and Q2 stayed overnerfed and useless.

Time to fix the overnerfs. Farming pve is also a terrible experience for new players who don't have Q3.

The_Support_God wrote:

I agree with a small buff to axe Q1. Give 10% move speed if hit target?
      and maybe a mechanic revert for axe Q2.
      Q1 could get some movement speed, but every time I sudgested that everyone loses their mind over it. So better give it some slow.

Q2 is super clunky. It is impossible to consisstently hit outer ring with 100+ ping. This should be reverted and then tested if it needs another small buff like 10% dmg or 0.5m range.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

• ziigii wrote:

So better give it some slow
      That brings me to a point: what SBI fears about slows on Q slots? It's the mildest form of CC, yet it still contains some value. We have all these complicated multi-stage, multi-purpose spells which break either the tree or some form of content.
      A LOT of spells could simply get their CC downgraded to a slow and buffed in an appropriate manner without inducing nerve-racking stunlock and devaluing dedicated interrupts as a result (looking at you wargloves).
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Q1 = highest DPS (single target though). On t6 comes out to 110.5 DPS with my spec on paper (spec is irrelevant, but for testing purposes I used the same IP weapon)

Q2 = lowest single target, but highest AOE, at 92.6 DPS (outer circle) and 61.3 DPS inner

Q3 = 102.5 DPS (either 2 combo over 4 sec or 3 combo with 6 sec CD comes out the same), but is neither full AOE (its a cone) and can also miss. I see people miss the 3rd jump all the time. Feels very clunky and not as fluid as Q2. I think they need to remove standtime.
      *The bleed stacks are all the same on Q1/Q2/Q3 so I did not calculate them here.

Overall the nerf to Adrenaline Boost kind of killed the mobility of all axes. Bear Paws were the culprit and had too much mobility, instead of nerfing a W slot (Adrenaline), they should have further nerfed Bear Paws mobility.

Proposed Fix: Make Bear Paws E CD 45 sec, but reduce CD on E by 50% (or 60%) on successful hit. That way it can only be used offensively. Revert old Adrenaline Boost where Axe gets mobility. Right now a single slow (or "boop") will make you drop the buff before you can even "hit" an enemy and you are basically dead in the water. Axe was so amazing for catching all the rat mobility builds (and still lost to triple-slow bows, with Trap from cape on shoe slot)
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Q1 = highest DPS (single target though). On t6 comes out to 110.5 DPS with my spec on paper (spec is irrelevant, but for testing purposes I used the same IP weapon)
      The problem with 1st q is not the damage but when you use it enemy can just walk away and due to standtimes you will get kited. Unlike the third q with its better range and snare allowing you to stick to target while you wait for the cd. Even if the 1st q dealt more damage it would only be usefull on bearpaws that have high mobillity alredy.

Captainrussia wrote:

Q2 = lowest single target, but highest AOE, at 92.6 DPS (outer circle) and 61.3 DPS inner
      Highest aoe only if you hit outer circle and people with 2 stacks kite you out and reset stacks. It is enough to kite out just one q and you reset the stacks unless the axe player has some cooldown reduction. In very situational occasions would you ever pick this one over q3. Maybe when the lava closes in the hg and fight gets cramped so no one can kite your q? I can't think of any other scenario...

Captainrussia wrote:

Feels very clunky and not as fluid as Q2. I think they need to remove standtime.
      For the love of god, don't buff the most op q. It does feel a bit clunky but the dash+snare on the third use fix it. You don't have as much opportunity to autoattack when using the third q but setting it up with e for insane burst damage is super easy. And in small scale you should kite when q3 is on cooldown.

Captainrussia wrote:

Overall the nerf to Adrenaline Boost kind of killed the mobility of all axes. Bear Paws were the culprit and had too much mobility, instead of nerfing a W slot (Adrenaline), they should have further nerfed Bear Paws mobility.

Proposed Fix: Make Bear Paws E CD 45 sec, but reduce CD on E by 50% (or 60%) on successful hit. That way it can only be used offensively. Revert old Adrenaline Boost where Axe gets mobility.
      I think bear paws are fine after the nerf. The thing I would nerf if it is needed is 40% cooldown reduction to 20% on hit with e. If you are using e to escape you are using the best damage skill to run away so you are not winning the fight anyway. Dealing damage and getting cooldown reduction on top of it for going agressive just reduces the versatillity of the weapon for no reason and forces you to play one way - all in and hope you are strong enough. Makes the weapon uninteresting.

If mobillity is an issue I'd like to see battle rush reduced by 2 seconds. Adrenaline has its place for claap and all in combos and doesn't need a change.
    • with Q1 there is the same problem as there was with broadsword, all it takes is for someone to use boots and you cast Q in the air... the animation shows up but doesn't connect with the target... I don't know how many times I died because of that before battleaxe got reworked and Q3 was added.