Im not a cristian and do i have to celebrate your "yuletide"?

  • Im not a cristian and do i have to celebrate your "yuletide"?

    There is "yuletide" challenge in the game, i mean what? Im not a cristian and it annoys me seeing this kind of religous thing by hands of the official game devs. What next? Are you going to invite me to fort sterling church every sunday?
  • Oh no, people do have a cultural background. How is this allowed?

    Imagine you discover that the World of Albion is embedded in the Arthurian Legend and the connections to it's celtic origins, paganism and christendom. O-M-G how is this allowed?

    You have zero disadvantage because of the Yuletide Challange or Skin. There is no indoctrination whatsoever. No really, you are just being ignorant and uneducated.You are full of bullshit and don't want to others to live their culture.

    Haters being haters


    By the way did you know that for example muslims and christians sometimes participate in each others religious festivities? Imagine that :huh:
  • Ferndor wrote:

    Oh no, people do have a cultural background. How is this allowed?

    Imagine you discover that the World of Albion is embedded in the Arthurian Legend and the connections to it's celtic origins, paganism and christendom. O-M-G how is this allowed?

    You have zero disadvantage because of the Yuletide Challange or Skin. There is no indoctrination whatsoever. No really, you are just being ignorant and uneducated.You are full of bullshit and don't want to others to live their culture.

    Haters being haters


    By the way did you know that for example muslims and christians sometimes participate in each others religious festivities? Imagine that :huh:
    1. There is no story in the game telling clearly " World of Albion is embedded Arthurian Legend and the connections to it's celtic origins, paganism and christendom" andals and ancestors and seven kingdom and bla bla bla....

    2. You telling me "You are full of bullshit and don't want to others to live their culture." for example that "christendom" origin led many crusades in the history and didn't let others live their culture.
    here is an example link : "en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_at_Ayyadieh"

    3. I dont know where exactly "muslims and christians sometimes participate in each others religious festivities" than why Albion Online has no muslim Ramadan Challenge or something like that

    ( and why did you move my topic from "General Questions & Discussions" to Forum Banter )
  • SvatDregual wrote:

    It's not a Christian holiday at all. Also, nothing in-game forces you to take part in any challenge or event.
    1. I sent an image if you didnt check the definiton of the "dictionary.com"

    2. Its more than force its taking you in auomatically by playing the game. (Daily +10 Learing Point Award
    Images
    • yl_1.PNG

      17.31 kB, 816×366, viewed 48 times
  • boraksios wrote:

    There is "yuletide" challenge in the game, i mean what? Im not a cristian and it annoys me seeing this kind of religous thing by hands of the official game devs. What next? Are you going to invite me to fort sterling church every sunday?
    Just shut up. I'm not Christian either (or religious). Get off your virtual high horse idiot. If some silly winter challenge upsets you, seek professional help (unless you're just trolling). Out of all the problems this game has recently, you're going to complain about a yuletide challenge...Like seriously this world has gone full retard mode.
    So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!

    The post was edited 3 times, last by Jerek ().

  • boraksios wrote:

    1. I sent an image if you didnt check the definiton of the "dictionary.com"

    Try reading beyond a dictionary definition like that. Yes, Yuletide is the same time of the year as when Christmas happens, so people often say one when referring to the other. That doesn't mean Yule, or 'celebrating midwinter', or decorating trees has anything to do with the Christian religion.
  • Jerek wrote:

    boraksios wrote:

    There is "yuletide" challenge in the game, i mean what? Im not a cristian and it annoys me seeing this kind of religous thing by hands of the official game devs. What next? Are you going to invite me to fort sterling church every sunday?
    Just shut up. I'm not Christian either. Get off your virtual high horse idiot. If some silly winter event upsets go seek professional help.
    I didn't asked you are christian or not. You can give me a logical reason instead of slur
  • boraksios wrote:

    Ferndor wrote:

    Oh no, people do have a cultural background. How is this allowed?

    Imagine you discover that the World of Albion is embedded in the Arthurian Legend and the connections to it's celtic origins, paganism and christendom. O-M-G how is this allowed?

    You have zero disadvantage because of the Yuletide Challange or Skin. There is no indoctrination whatsoever. No really, you are just being ignorant and uneducated.You are full of bullshit and don't want to others to live their culture.

    Haters being haters


    By the way did you know that for example muslims and christians sometimes participate in each others religious festivities? Imagine that :huh:
    1. There is no story in the game telling clearly " World of Albion is embedded Arthurian Legend and the connections to it's celtic origins, paganism and christendom" andals and ancestors and seven kingdom and bla bla bla....
    2. You telling me "You are full of bullshit and don't want to others to live their culture." for example that "christendom" origin led many crusades in the history and didn't let others live their culture.
    here is an example link : "en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_at_Ayyadieh"

    3. I dont know where exactly "muslims and christians sometimes participate in each others religious festivities" than why Albion Online has no muslim Ramadan Challenge or something like that

    ( and why did you move my topic from "General Questions & Discussions" to Forum Banter )

    There actually is a story in the game although it's very light, and it is based on Arthurian legend. Since you're an ignorant peasant, you obviously don't know that. So you expect everyone else to respect your culture (probably Muslim by your comments) but yet you disrespect other cultures (comments like bla bla bla etc).

    This post got moved to forum banter because it's just an unhinged rant by some uneducated (and very angry) Muslim gamer playing Albion Online.
    So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!
  • boraksios wrote:

    Jerek wrote:

    boraksios wrote:

    There is "yuletide" challenge in the game, i mean what? Im not a cristian and it annoys me seeing this kind of religous thing by hands of the official game devs. What next? Are you going to invite me to fort sterling church every sunday?
    Just shut up. I'm not Christian either. Get off your virtual high horse idiot. If some silly winter event upsets go seek professional help.
    I didn't asked you are christian or not. You can give me a logical reason instead of slur
    Wtf are you talking about slur? You're nuts dude, get some help. Put down your religious dog shit book while you're at it because it's rotting your feeble brain. A crazy person wants a logical answer do they now? Do you go door to door and harass businesses around your city that have holiday slogans and pictures of Santa? I hope you aren't that retarded but I wouldn't be surprised judging from the comments you make. Oops... I said the "R" word.
    So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Jerek ().

  • SvatDregual wrote:

    It's not a Christian holiday at all. Also, nothing in-game forces you to take part in any challenge or event.
    This is the world (and online) world we live in today. A bunch of professional crybabies who seem to always want to be offended by something. I thought my mental illness was bad...God damn... Boraksios is the kind of person (or Karen) that would call and complain to bylaw that some 10-year-old kid is selling lemonade without a permit....
    So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Jerek ().

  • boraksios wrote:

    1. There is no story in the game telling clearly " World of Albion is embedded Arthurian Legend and the connections to it's celtic origins, paganism and christendom" andals and ancestors and seven kingdom and bla bla bla....
    Do you know where the name of the new city Brecilien is from?
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broc%C3%A9liande

    Merlin and Viviane in Brocéliande. Gustave Doré's illustration for Idylls of the King (1868)Brocéliande, earlier known as Brécheliant and Brécilien, is a legendary enchanted forest that had a reputation in the medieval European imagination as a place of magic and mystery. Brocéliande is featured in several medieval texts, mostly related to the Arthurian legend

    Do you know about the Morgana Dungeons, Morgana Bosses and Morgana Items? Did you know that the name references Morgan le Fay, from the Arthurian Legend ?

    Do you know the names of the outland cities? Arthur's Rest, Merlyn`s Rest, Morgana's Rest? All three characters are part of the Arthurian lore.

    There are countless other references in the game. You need to be blind or uneducated to not see them. And culturally these stories are related to celtic culture, paganism and later christendom.

    > 2. You telling me "You are full of bullshit and don't want to others to live their culture." for example that "christendom" origin led many crusades in the history and didn't let others live their culture.

    You are completely unreasonable if you take out crusades as an example which happened hundrets of years ago in a completely different time and culture as present today. You have to be fully ignorant about the world you live in if the crusades are your argument.

    > 3. I dont know where exactly "muslims and christians sometimes participate in each others religious festivities"


    I have personally participated religious festivities where both christians and muslims took part in.

    > than why Albion Online has no muslim Ramadan Challenge or something like that
    Yule Tide is a festivity about the solstice event where the sun is in the most northern excursion. This festivity is part of many cultures/religions. You know for example in a celtic/pagan context.
  • Jerek wrote:

    boraksios wrote:

    Ferndor wrote:

    Oh no, people do have a cultural background. How is this allowed?

    Imagine you discover that the World of Albion is embedded in the Arthurian Legend and the connections to it's celtic origins, paganism and christendom. O-M-G how is this allowed?

    You have zero disadvantage because of the Yuletide Challange or Skin. There is no indoctrination whatsoever. No really, you are just being ignorant and uneducated.You are full of bullshit and don't want to others to live their culture.

    Haters being haters


    By the way did you know that for example muslims and christians sometimes participate in each others religious festivities? Imagine that :huh:
    1. There is no story in the game telling clearly " World of Albion is embedded Arthurian Legend and the connections to it's celtic origins, paganism and christendom" andals and ancestors and seven kingdom and bla bla bla....2. You telling me "You are full of bullshit and don't want to others to live their culture." for example that "christendom" origin led many crusades in the history and didn't let others live their culture.
    here is an example link : "en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_at_Ayyadieh"

    3. I dont know where exactly "muslims and christians sometimes participate in each others religious festivities" than why Albion Online has no muslim Ramadan Challenge or something like that

    ( and why did you move my topic from "General Questions & Discussions" to Forum Banter )

    There actually is a story in the game although it's very light, and it is based on Arthurian legend. Since you're an ignorant peasant, you obviously don't know that. So you expect everyone else to respect your culture (probably Muslim by your comments) but yet you disrespect other cultures (comments like bla bla bla etc).
    This post got moved to forum banter because it's just an unhinged rant by some uneducated (and very angry) Muslim gamer playing Albion Online.
    1. I showed a Muslim example because an "officer" /Ferndor talked about it first. What were you gonna do if i said Christians invaded America and removed natives from their lands murdered thousands of them and you gonna call it like "Oh rEds aRe coming hERe comes an iNdiAn?
    2.Okay im there show me that "light story" its related with "Arthurian legend"
    3.And you disrespecting other cultures by taking this on Muslims
    4. You caling me angry but you already gone mad.
  • Ferndor wrote:

    boraksios wrote:

    1. There is no story in the game telling clearly " World of Albion is embedded Arthurian Legend and the connections to it's celtic origins, paganism and christendom" andals and ancestors and seven kingdom and bla bla bla....
    Do you know where the name of the new city Brecilien is from?en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broc%C3%A9liande

    Merlin and Viviane in Brocéliande. Gustave Doré's illustration for Idylls of the King (1868)Brocéliande, earlier known as Brécheliant and Brécilien, is a legendary enchanted forest that had a reputation in the medieval European imagination as a place of magic and mystery. Brocéliande is featured in several medieval texts, mostly related to the Arthurian legend

    Do you know about the Morgana Dungeons, Morgana Bosses and Morgana Items? Did you know that the name references Morgan le Fay, from the Arthurian Legend ?

    Do you know the names of the outland cities? Arthur's Rest, Merlyn`s Rest, Morgana's Rest? All three characters are part of the Arthurian lore.

    There are countless other references in the game. You need to be blind or uneducated to not see them. And culturally these stories are related to celtic culture, paganism and later christendom.
    These are names not a story, I know a guy in albion who has name like "Fuk-It" so now the game has light story related with porn sites?

    The post was edited 3 times, last by boraksios ().

  • Jerek wrote:

    (and very angry) Muslim gamer
    What is your problem with Muslims specifically? You can criticize, reject, or object to the author of the post as you wish, but stop spreading your hateful racism towards Islam and Muslims.

    The problem of the white man is that he thinks himself a higher rank than the rest of humanity, even though man is by nature is a despicable creature who will perish in the dust after a long or short life, and he will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection to be held accountable for what his hands have committed.

    You're the one who should get off his virtual high horse!
    "There is no soul without a vigilant angel recording everything. Let people then consider what they were created from!" - Holy Quran
  • @Ferndor @Jerek @Mandulf

    Please take a moment and reflect, if this discussion is really worth having on your side. Post like the one from @boraksios should've been left to insignificance without any responses because arguing against it is superfluous in my opinion, and only can make your day worse and waste your time.

    If they don't want to celebrate anything, they don't need to. Getting offended by an event in a video game set in a fictional world requires living in a completely different reality that our arguments just can't reach.
  • Sneferu wrote:

    Jerek wrote:

    (and very angry) Muslim gamer
    What is your problem with Muslims specifically? You can criticize, reject, or object to the author of the post as you wish, but stop spreading your hateful racism towards Islam and Muslims.
    The problem of the white man is that he thinks himself a higher rank than the rest of humanity, even though man is by nature is a despicable creature who will perish in the dust after a long or short life, and he will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection to be held accountable for what his hands have committed.

    You're the one who should get off his virtual high horse!
    I have no issues with Muslims...exactly where did I say anything other then he's an angry Muslim? I said it because I assumed that's what religion he is (based on his comments). So I can't say a Muslim can get angry? Go fuck yourself. I love the racist rant you said afterward... you assume I'm white...(I'm actually mixed race you fuck head). Stop putting words in my mouth or trying to frame me into something I am not. The religious zealots on this forum are hilarious (and pathetic). I'm not on any high horse you idiot but you've just proven exactly what you are (racist). I know the media tells you otherwise but yes in fact you CAN BE RACIST TOWARDS WHITE PEOPLE, and you literally just proved it.

    Imagine if I said "The problems with Muslims is they (insert racist remarks here)".... I wonder what would happen...Probably suspended...I'll probably get suspended for just even daring to say anything about the obvious double standard. I don't really care either because this game's updates lately have been absolute garbage.

    I don't have issues calling someone angry whether they are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, a mop, or someone who believes in 72 genders... If you can't handle that, go back into whatever fart chamber you dragged your sorry ass out of.
    So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!

    The post was edited 8 times, last by Jerek ().

  • LootGoblin wrote:

    @Ferndor @Jerek @Mandulf

    Please take a moment and reflect, if this discussion is really worth having on your side. Post like the one from @boraksios should've been left to insignificance without any responses because arguing against it is superfluous in my opinion, and only can make your day worse and waste your time.

    If they don't want to celebrate anything, they don't need to. Getting offended by an event in a video game set in a fictional world requires living in a completely different reality that our arguments just can't reach.
    The only thing I'll reflect on this is these forums are a joke, the people of today are pathetic, and I'm shocked some of you managed to survive this long. I'm leaving this religious dumpster fire post in the dust. Have a nice day weirdos.
    So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!