Feedback: Loot distribution and average mist player experience.

• This is a really well put together post tbh, and really summarizes my opinion on the state of the game for solo players at the moment.

Over the last 2 years, the loot for solo players has gotten progressively worse and worse and worse as they nerfed every single piece of rewarding content you could do solo in the game into oblivion. Then combine that with the increase in silver sinks (especially market taxes), and now, an almost 50% increase in the price of premium, and you have a situation where it is becoming substantially harder to make money in the game.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Gnomead ().

• Treadalf wrote:

Yep true, in CD stalker all chests almost only runes or book chests horrible actually.. and been doing them for a couple years defo got worse
      I got a gold legendery chest the other day in t8 slayer CD with about 14k in loot i inastantly hit alt f4 and played total war for the rest of night, i seem to find myslefs struggling to log into albion now as its so fkn hard to make any money now the loot is dead. its clear now to me that sbi are trying to force the players into swiping that plastic and becomming more like a fee to pay game than a free to play game.
    • CDEEK5 wrote:

Treadalf wrote:

Yep true, in CD stalker all chests almost only runes or book chests horrible actually.. and been doing them for a couple years defo got worse
      I got a gold legendery chest the other day in t8 slayer CD with about 14k in loot i inastantly hit alt f4 and played total war for the rest of night, i seem to find myslefs struggling to log into albion now as its so fkn hard to make any money now the loot is dead. its clear now to me that sbi are trying to force the players into swiping that plastic and becomming more like a fee to pay game than a free to play game.
      the funny thing is, i doubt it is even intentional. I simply think they can't manage the complexity
    • Trial_hard wrote:

CDEEK5 wrote:

Treadalf wrote:

the funny thing is, i doubt it is even intentional. I simply think they can't manage the complexity
      Yeah I don't think it's intentional as well. They just f#cked up the loot distribution and It's been f#cked up for a long time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by EANjshdusda ().

• The other side of the coin should be considered.

I mean INFLATION.
      Like not all the content is played.
      (There are so many 8.3, too many)

With every update, new content was added to the game.
      A new form of making silver.

Also, Albion's population is soo large right now.
      There are ~20k new players every day.
      1.000 players with = 100k silver profit = 100 mil added to the economy
      it's not the same with
      10.0000 with = 75k profit = 750 mil added to the economy

They should have something automated about population count vs economy.
      But they don't.
    • Perfectly summarized post, thanks for sharing Nazori

i'm just gonna enjoy my last 15 days premium then quit for awhile, i'm a veteran player and i'm really struggling to understand the reason they rised the gold prices in the same update they rose the ammount of gold needed for premium.

I'm simply not able to sustain my sets RN, i used to have fun and die all the time but nowadays dying is much more punishing because:

-Items are far more expensive
      -The Shadow of keeping your premium keeps always lingering as it got more expensive
      -you make far less loot and money in your activities since all arround loot has been nerfed.
    • gyazo.com/e2c465d00edd78ec8ff9e76747a36c08

the pvp is same the trash rate increase like a joke , its posible that game made this 0.003% posibility happens that much frecuently. Its disgusting when u see dat loot. The option that game choice doent give player happiness
      When they perfectly. Choice de 30% trash rate it perfectly can be from all the item that they has equipped trash 30% of them and not the 30% trash rate to each item producing this insane loot . And this is happening too often.

the line of trash is a normal distribution with a infinite tails that made trash more than 30% item more frecuently.

the posibility of kepping every loot is 12%
      And trash everything is 0.0027% but the 12% happend like 1 time in every my 3years of gameplay and the 0.0027% happend like 5-10time
    • YeSer wrote:

gyazo.com/e2c465d00edd78ec8ff9e76747a36c08

the pvp is same the trash rate increase like a joke , its posible that game made this 0.003% posibility happens that much frecuently. Its disgusting when u see dat loot. The option that game choice doent give player happiness
      When they perfectly. Choice de 30% trash rate it perfectly can be from all the item that they has equipped trash 30% of them and not the 30% trash rate to each item producing this insane loot . And this is happening too often.

the line of trash is a normal distribution with a infinite tails that made trash more than 30% item more frecuently.

the posibility of kepping every loot is 12%
      And trash everything is 0.0027% but the 12% happend like 1 time in every my 3years of gameplay and the 0.0027% happend like 5-10time
      the only thing I can say for certain is that the current state of albion is 100% trash right now
    • Loot reduction
      Silver gaining reduction
      Highest premium membership fee ever
      Players ratting in almost every content

This game is getting to its end, lets face it. And if you realize the latest updates it almost seems like devs are actually looking for this to happen.
    • BluesJD wrote:

Loot reduction
      Silver gaining reduction
      Highest premium membership fee ever
      Players ratting in almost every content

This game is getting to its end, lets face it. And if you realize the latest updates it almost seems like devs are actually looking for this to happen.
      already unsubbed and uninstalled. Will come back in a month or 2 to check in but Currently this is a game for the elites .
    • Nazori wrote:

Summary of what I'm about to write: It's horrible.

I created a brand new characters and immediately went into the BZ mists. With low IP and inferior gear to most players Mists yeilds LITERALLY 0 loot. If you cannot bully people off of the points then you simply loot actually nothing.

This is horrible and in my opinion unacceptable to the design of AO. AO has always been a game where if you risk and put yourself out there there are returns to get. The mists and general loot amount of the entire game has been reduced drastically lately.

I don't mind at all SBI raising Premium & Gold price. Inflation is a thing and that is understandable. But demolishing the games risk/reward balance and removing the fun aspect of finding loot and opening chests in what most suspect is an attempt to get people to swipe for gold is horrible and will wind up destroying this game if that is the road it is going down.

We removed one of the best ways solos could generate loot, Solo Green Ava chests. We replaced it with absolutely nothing. CD loot has been reduced to absolute shit (unless you are ratting oddly enough). The best way I can think to generate PvE loot now as a solo player is Solo dungeons. WHICH IS HORRENDOUS. It's boring very non rewarding content.

I think people need to start speaking up about the loot reduction we have all been seeing for the average player. I have run like 7 "Zero to Hero" Characters at this point. Each one is getting harder than the last. This run takes the cake for shitty. I go out and kill mobs and run from 1500 IP solo builds for hours and come back with sub 100k loot. The mobs are dropping SHIT. The pve chests are non existent. The rare avalonian Drones are SHIT. It's not acceptable. It's not a fun experience.

I mean why even purchase premium anymore? We are getting a 50% bonus to what? There's legit NO loot. If a player spends 15$ a month to play an MMO, they should be greeted with a well balanced experience and exactly how the game is meant to feel. The current loot distribution is an attrocity.

To be clear, I am not saying that loot in the mists is all garbage. If you are on a high IP character and are good at PvP, then you can make a ton. I do it on my main. But without that you are making actual 0. This type of game design is akin to a game like MO2 where the hardcore are the only ones rewarded and we know how those games go.

SBI DO NOT CHANGE THE FUNDAMENTALS OF ALBION ONLINE. Players need a loop of reward and after experiencing the new content through to eyes of someone wearing 1100-1200 Ip, there is legitamately 0 reward.
      While I don't disagree with mist points or the risk vs rewards points. I'm not sure what all the Ava roads hate is about
      Cons:
      You cannot see chests until close to them
      static solos are removed (these kinda noob traps anyways cause never close)

Pros:
      - Mobs that were originally group mobs can now be solo'd and fame/might is decent for a solo player
      - Most chests i find are yellow (soloable by a lot of builds with simple mechanics outside the quarter staff boss)
      - Old green compounds now have big compound chests and loot i've gotten out of anything not green has been really good. (maybe i've been lucky)
      - stripped a lot of resistances off annoying tanky mobs

Since they made more of the camps connected, there have been a lot more chests. I went into a roads directly outside of cael and found 3 yellows and 1 orange (recruited a friend to do the orange). one of the yellow was a small blue chest that gave 650k loot. The orange (needed 2 people maybe high spec battle ax can solo, however not helpful to new players) gave 700k

killed a random T4 glowy mob just on a pathway 120k fame and 200 might.

I will say it's less beginner friendly in sense you have to (know what a chest spot looks like and run around looking for them)

I will also mention the roads was way better with 6 man portals. since the return to 7 the same old 6-7 man gank squads have returned, but thats what the people wanted.
    • Do find the error in the whole game you get to see it from the start ,Starting Factor for the whole game is gathering were fast and hard but rewarding. When they separate the people that gathering and the Pve/PvP players was a huge Mistake. Before i cloud spend like 2-3 hour and get about 10 sets of gear and the 3 of them will be a tier 7 which was nice. So i cloud survive playing solo and enjoy the Pvp at the fullest.
      Now as a Solo Pvp/Pve player can't find anything that can provide at least 4-5 gears in 2 Hours. So to Get some gear i need to go farming for 6-8 hours to get like 7 gears Sets which the 2 of them Will be Tier 7 flat as High Gear.
      I don't Have 6-8 hours to drop in game just to get Gear so i Can have some fun.

I was There Were The Tier 7-8 were spawn As lethal Mob and was Hard to even kill it gather it and had 32 pieces that cloud provide 2 gears . That was Pure fun, it had the feeling that you are True hunter ,fighting other people to claim it while gathering .So Gathering and Pvp was One so more fun.

Imagine one ending Food buff cost around 50k now go Pve and see how much time you need just to gather the silver for Food.
    • How people can complain about the mists and solo gameplay overall?

I was playing Albion 4 years ago as a solo player and it was so painful that I stopped playing and I just returned to the game last week and it's just a pleasure to play as a solo player now.

No more cd on your spells when you dismount to kill mobs, black zones look like as safe as yellow zone, you can kill roaming mobs or gather without stress and even if you do a mistake and you die (because if I die I consider that it's my bad and I did a mistake) you are still profitable even with T6 stuff.

And concerning the mists, in one hour farming there I can make 1M+ silvers with a stuff which worth 30k silvers and IP less than 1k. It seems good enough to me for a solo player.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

With 1k less IP u can just rat but don't go competitive on any objective - nobody says ratting isn't profitable it just sucks as a content
      I never rat, and I'm able to do some objectives and fight others players, even spiders.

And to be honest, killing mobs in the mists gives a lot of silvers so no need to pvp, play objectives or rat.
    • Something I've noticed too over the past couple months while playing is that dungeon loot is atrocious. Even in the "solo" roads of Avalon dungeons when those existed the loot was pretty bad. Honestly, I don't think I've seen a purple chest go above 300-400k if I'm lucky and they're really rare.