[1. December 2022] Beyond the Veil Patch 1

    • Thanks for SBI for listening to us
      Awesome update for the roads guilds and small scale party’s
      - more raid zones spawning from hideouts will be perfect for big guilds in the roads make it higher timer so more content and more fights
      - one thing no one mentioned people are using the mist a lot lately to escape ganking parties on the roads
      - Ava dungeon make it that people can enter and leave without closing till they kill a mob maybe cuz naked scouts are closing it a lot lately
    • Finale wrote:


      • Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter)
        • Hitting player below 40% Health no longer increases cooldown rate
        • Instead, hitting player below 40% reduces ability cooldown by 40% (other slot cooldowns no longer affected)
      You take a Weapon with good Utility and make it boring because your shitty 1vs1 Mist content has too many third party Rats.

      Well done @Retroman
      You mean bring it in line with other weapons like hallowfall or bearpaw? where Cooldown is only to the E
    • iRawn wrote:

      Finale wrote:


      • Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter)
        • Hitting player below 40% Health no longer increases cooldown rate
        • Instead, hitting player below 40% reduces ability cooldown by 40% (other slot cooldowns no longer affected)
      You take a Weapon with good Utility and make it boring because your shitty 1vs1 Mist content has too many third party Rats.

      Well done @Retroman
      You mean bring it in line with other weapons like hallowfall or bearpaw? where Cooldown is only to the E
      The Problem is: cooldown on e is not shorter than before. So you cant fight with it anymore but you can rat better.
      I guess thats one of the main Problems if you hate your own game.
      Stolzer WC Enten Reiniger
    • still not addressed the 8.3 getting every objectives and run everybody over in mist which is the only thing worth doing nothing else drops a single piece of loot except of objectives

      this really just confirms that they wanna go pay2win path intentionally and it will be 10000000% the downfall of the game.
    • Piraterer wrote:

      iRawn wrote:

      Finale wrote:


      • Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter)
        • Hitting player below 40% Health no longer increases cooldown rate
        • Instead, hitting player below 40% reduces ability cooldown by 40% (other slot cooldowns no longer affected)
      You take a Weapon with good Utility and make it boring because your shitty 1vs1 Mist content has too many third party Rats.

      Well done @Retroman
      You mean bring it in line with other weapons like hallowfall or bearpaw? where Cooldown is only to the E
      The Problem is: cooldown on e is not shorter than before. So you cant fight with it anymore but you can rat better.I guess thats one of the main Problems if you hate your own game.
      It literally says hitting a player below 40% reduce ability cooldown by 40% (not other slot cooldowns)

      meaning ur E is still being reduced by 40% which is in line with how that mechanics works with other weapons. Why should you get ur Q and W back faster when your E is one of the strongest abilities in the game? Let alone the fact reducing the Q and W cooldowns helps you RAT more because thats free mobility.

      I get your mad, cause nerfs but your logic is off.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

      Made mount-up times more consistent:


      Non-Battle Mounts now take 3s:


      Saddled Greywolf: 2s → 3s

      Elite Terrorbird: 2s → 3s

      Elite Winter Bear: 2s → 3s

      Elite Wild Boar: 2s → 3s

      Elite Bighorn Ram: 2s → 3s

      Elite Swamp Salamander: 2s → 3s

      Elite Greywolf: 2s → 3s

      Spring Cottontail: 2s → 3s
      gah bless

      now reduce HP mount even more to 200-400
    • I’m still confused why mounts are still in mists.

      It sounds weird, but mounts benefit help high mobility builds and third party gankers the most. It gives both excellent scouting and safety to the ganker.

      If a ganker / high mobility build has to use CD’s to engage a target that sees them coming from off the screen, generally their ability to maintain a chase is greatly diminished or at least their target will most likely make it to an exit before dying / the gankers full CD’s rotation is up again.

      Regular players are not safe on trash mounts. It’s a false security w/ 900 health. Not to mention, a mount does nothing if you get caught third party or if you’re actually killing content.

      Having everyone run around results in less roaming ganking rats (as they can’t cover nearly the ground around the map and are far more vulnerable to other players) it also prevents gankers dismounting in the middle of an active fight and not having to blowing any movement CD’s and keeping a walking pace while their dismount cd expires . It presents an actual danger to those rats that would stay on their mounts and only engage third party as they would roam vulnerable to anything and anyone. It also helps mitigate ‘safe communication’ on mounts between two players to coordinate teaming up.

      I see far more benefit to actual people killing content in mists by eliminating mounts. Gankers don’t run around on foot. They run around on mounts for good reason.

      This seems like common sense. Most ‘battle ground’ or ‘instance’ combat zones in other games eliminate mounts in the zone because mounts become a weapon themselves for some classes.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by BurnsidePDX ().

    • without mobility you have to shrink the map drastically
      and increase the rewards drastically as well to match the smaller map size


      too bad this game mode is not about that
      people complain about 20v1 ganking and this was the fix

      and now you complain
      as a SOLO you are scared of a little third party rat or 8.3 giga chad
      all the changes are already in place to punish rats and discourage third party

      despite that, if you want fair 1v1
      go to CD dont come open world
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • Everything is good with getting ganked. It’s high mobility builds mounting and dropping on you in addition to their mobility is the issue. It assists them with gap closures even more and then they can pick and choose their preferable battle without any significant commitment to abilities to catch up to the target. So if they take significant damage during the dismount cd lock out they can run away easily. If they don’t take damage they have effectively free gap closer and are in an great position to chase.

      I think no mounts would be much more hardcore to be honest and present a much more dynamic game play where the gankers don’t have the luxury to scout out his targets and it takes significant commitment to chase.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

      In non-Hideout Roads zones:


      Randomized Dungeon Maps no longer usable
      With the Beyond the Vale update is was possible to open group dungeon maps up to one tier higher that the zone level you where in.

      This was great fun, and enjoyed by many of my Alliance members.

      With this patch, that has been removed, and has not been mentioned in the patch notes.

      I was wondering if that was intentional, or a bug resulting from the change to being able to open maps in regular roads dungeons.

      If it was intentional, I humbly request that you revert it.
      If not, I ask that you fix it, as you have stated that you intend the Roads of Avalon to be used for group play.
      As, doing group dungeons out of the HO zones was one of the group activities we very much enjoyed.

      Thank you for your consideration.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
    • iRawn wrote:

      You guys are making a big mistake with greatly increasing the core spawns. most zones with 10 days grace left had over half bar of power. There is no competition for cores, no one fights over them because multiple HO are rarely connected. if alliance has control of a full zone even with dummy HO's it's super ez to charge them all.

      this goes directly against what you intended.

      Once you let all bars easily be filled the roads will be permanently locked with no real way to stop it HQ hideouts that cannot be attacked with infinite power.

      The patch state that there will be more often raid zone connection (20 man portal) between several HO zones.
      Maybe the goal is to provide more opportunities to fight for core with other zones, even if handholding in your one ?

      I am concerned also about to much power being available for ava hideout, therefore leading to zones lock, but I have confidence that it will be monitored by SBI. It just out now, and I guess they still needs data to know how it will go.

      I am still interested however to know what average of hideout by zone is the target.
    • BurnsidePDX wrote:

      Everything is good with getting ganked. It’s high mobility builds mounting and dropping on you in addition to their mobility is the issue. It assists them with gap closures even more and then they can pick and choose their preferable battle without any significant commitment to abilities to catch up to the target. So if they take significant damage during the dismount cd lock out they can run away easily. If they don’t take damage they have effectively free gap closer and are in an great position to chase.

      I think no mounts would be much more hardcore to be honest and present a much more dynamic game play where the gankers don’t have the luxury to scout out his targets and it takes significant commitment to chase.
      You are assuming evryone run a build with hight mobility.
      Stuff like, "without mount would be ok, he run to you, you run out, and he can not mount back to catch you".

      I run build in T8 with no more mobility than shoes. Hight mobility build doesn't even need to remount up to catch me.
      But I often cross path with T8.3 guys with hight mobility build. And I purposely choose not to fight them, when I have the choice, thanks to the mount.

      When they catch me without mount, what do you think happen ?
      Easy, they just destroy me.
      Even if I got a fight where I dont get destroy, high mobility build can just run away.
      So, remove the mount, and I am out of the mist.

      For sure, you will make the mist much more hardcore without mount. And next thing I know, you will complain about them being empty, because it will be no more be viable where not in t8.3 with high mobility.

      I don't believe removing mount to be a solution for current mist. What it seems to me that you wanna, is 1v1 hellgate.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by grul ().

    • grul wrote:

      BurnsidePDX wrote:

      Everything is good with getting ganked. It’s high mobility builds mounting and dropping on you in addition to their mobility is the issue. It assists them with gap closures even more and then they can pick and choose their preferable battle without any significant commitment to abilities to catch up to the target. So if they take significant damage during the dismount cd lock out they can run away easily. If they don’t take damage they have effectively free gap closer and are in an great position to chase.

      I think no mounts would be much more hardcore to be honest and present a much more dynamic game play where the gankers don’t have the luxury to scout out his targets and it takes significant commitment to chase.
      You are assuming evryone run a build with hight mobility.Stuff like, "without mount would be ok, he run to you, you run out, and he can not mount back to catch you".

      I run build in T8 with no more mobility than shoes. Hight mobility build doesn't even need to remount up to catch me.
      But I often cross path with T8.3 guys with hight mobility build. And I purposely choose not to fight them, when I have the choice, thanks to the mount.

      When they catch me without mount, what do you think happen ?
      Easy, they just destroy me.
      Even if I got a fight where I dont get destroy, high mobility build can just run away.
      So, remove the mount, and I am out of the mist.

      For sure, you will make the mist much more hardcore without mount. And next thing I know, you will complain about them being empty, because it will be no more be viable where not in t8.3 with high mobility.

      I don't believe removing mount to be a solution for current mist. What it seems to me that you wanna, is 1v1 hellgate.
      1v1 Hellgate you mean... oh, surprise. Corrupt Dungeons XD


      I like the Mist being a mini version of open world, of course with more variety of content. But is still enought for the moment, maybe they can put some other actions to do just for encorage more fights.


      And thinking about why the mythical mobs are not visible in the map... its just to have the oportunity to everyone to find them without fight. If they will need to make more content in the mist, they shure put this mythical mobs in the minimap also. Big fight will come, more trash, more conomy for that.
      ---- Grayskull ---- For the power of **** ----

      ÚNETE al gremio que este jugando y hagamos CONTENT.

      Discord----: Grayskull#9552
    • was this a mistake or what you said we wont be able to throw randomized dungeons maps un non-Hideout roads but we arent able even to throw the group dungeons in de HO zones i really dont get it was this a mistake? group dungeons revived the avalon roads many people came to Avalon because of this i hope this is a mistake to be honest
      • In non-Hideout Roads zones:
        • Randomized Dungeon Maps no longer usable
        • Static Randomized Dungeons no longer appear in enchanted form
        • Increased Static Randomized Dungeon rewards
    • xFenixOne wrote:

      was this a mistake or what you said we wont be able to throw randomized dungeons maps un non-Hideout roads but we arent able even to throw the group dungeons in de HO zones i really dont get it was this a mistake? group dungeons revived the avalon roads many people came to Avalon because of this i hope this is a mistake to be honest
      • In non-Hideout Roads zones:
        • Randomized Dungeon Maps no longer usable
        • Static Randomized Dungeons no longer appear in enchanted form
        • Increased Static Randomized Dungeon rewards

      They need to improve and put more open dungeons in ava roads... but i think that you can use grupal maps in roads was a big mistake, for that you have open world... and always you have a open conexion in open world to go and find some general maps... or just all the guild have the same portal and use it from portals... or go red zone, etc... roads need to be diferent. Also you have Hellgates, solo maps... etc for do content... is no necesary to have ALL the content in just the same map...
      ---- Grayskull ---- For the power of **** ----

      ÚNETE al gremio que este jugando y hagamos CONTENT.

      Discord----: Grayskull#9552
    • LannisterStark wrote:

      And thinking about why the mythical mobs are not visible in the map... its just to have the oportunity to everyone to find them without fight. If they will need to make more content in the mist, they shure put this mythical mobs in the minimap also. Big fight will come, more trash, more conomy for that.
      Then you wanna make them like the spiderling.
      Imho, in 1v1 mists, thoses are currently too much lucky based.
      I "tried" 3 of them :
      - first one was stall situation, nobody wanna be one starting it. No point starting pvp with a disadvantage.
      - second one, got lucky, nobody jumped on me
      - third one, was at 3/4 of the hp, when I got jumped at by invisibility build. Had already used mercenary jacket, and was around 60% hp. I just died without a proper fight, nor chance to run. (I use a T8 build without much mobility but boot, which get purged)

      From now on, spiderling are a no go for me in their current state.
      So I am against your idea of making mythical creature like them, even if I didn't meet any yet
    • xFenixOne wrote:

      was this a mistake or what you said we wont be able to throw randomized dungeons maps un non-Hideout roads but we arent able even to throw the group dungeons in de HO zones i really dont get it was this a mistake? group dungeons revived the avalon roads many people came to Avalon because of this i hope this is a mistake to be honest
      • In non-Hideout Roads zones:
        • Randomized Dungeon Maps no longer usable
        • Static Randomized Dungeons no longer appear in enchanted form
        • Increased Static Randomized Dungeon

      still wondering if it is a bug. group dungeons being pop at HO zones in ava gives players more group contents than poping solo dungeon maps

      Hopefully group dungeons can be pop again in ava ho zones!
      Avalon Enjoyer
    • As a guy living on a road since 2021 I can honestly say that I love the update however I would like to point out some stuff. Since the update I have only seen a single spider in the roads so far (non in the hideout zone I live in)
      Since the update we had 20-man portal leading to raid zone only 1 time. The ratio of connections to royal zones has increased by at least 100% which of course makes it easier to bank loot in cities but also brings ganking groups guarding hideout zone not letting anyone go past. Having set spawn locations for solo dungeons is nice but also let's people who have been in the road before know exactly where to go and dive the dungeons. And please FIX THE GROUP DUNGEONS. Can't pop them on hideout zones anymore which took the content away that we were waiting for the most.
      Random static dungeons... Scout goes in to check open dungeon comes back in 5 mins for it to be closed. At least make some mechanic that e.g. at least 5 mobs have to be killed in the dungeon for it to close.