Mists are devolving into Rat Content

• Mists are devolving into Rat Content

Last couple days of the mists has just been 90% rats, I think there might be a matchmaking problem because I am seeing the same names over and over. I've already ran into a lot of the same people 3-4 times...

The last patch made the mounts issues less bad, but its still a problem. Mainly because of how easy it is to mount up, or even re-mount if you do get dismounted. All you need is 1 sprint while your opponent still has a few seconds of sprint timer left and you can completely avoid the fight. This timer only makes sense in the open world to help escape zergs, in the mists it feels like a very strange mechanic. The other mechanic that also doesn't seem right is how easy it is to run thru a portal, if you have been attacking at all you should need to be fully out of combat (regening) before you can exit that easily.

Another issue is the really low IP people don't even really belong in the lethals, there should be an IP requirement... have them go rat in yellow zones since they are risking nothing. Lethal should be 1200 IP+ in my opinion.
    • What is wrong with you? "Community" requested open world zone without blobs. Community received it; we can argue how good it is bit it is still open world. And open world is full of rats because its primary purpose is to provide loot and money from environment. Good morning! Where have you been sleeping last... 8 years? :)

And instantly after update E oath keepers become wrong, mounts got high hp, "rats" everywhere. Did you take your pills today?
    • I also think there should be an ip cap. If you get dismounted by an 8.3 or new 8.4 players you are dead. Doesnt matter how good you play.
      So i support the idea of an ip cap. Worst rats in Mists are 8.1+ players dismounting near 2 lower geared fighting players and just kill both.

Mounts are fine. Pretty easy to dismount players. Even maces can dismount armored horses.
      Stolzer WC Enten Reiniger
    • Not sure why low IP should be prevent from lethal.
      Bannishing newer player from solo experience is a bad idea. But mixing 8.3 and 4.2 in the same pool is equally a bad idea.
      No real challenge for the 8.3 guy and not real possibility for the 4.2 player to achieve the goals in the mist.
      So a mist matching IP based could be good. The reward on the upper pool would be greater than in the low pool.

It won't solve the rat issue but it would be a good first step
    • To be honest, i fully understand why people rat.

I was 8.3 claymore - prestacked

I hit 6.1 clothes while being on plate for 1400 the E and one heroic is 350

Why on earth they should fight and not rat?

The entire mists has so many areas of huge huge huge huge potential of improvement
    • Anyone who supports an IP Cap, especially in the full loot version, is a fucking idiot.

IP Requirement for Lethal Mists? Yes, I agree with that fully. And yes 1200 sounds about right.

Just in case anyone is not aware of the difference, here it is for you:

IP Requirement: Can't enter the content without having a certain Average Item Power.
      IP Cap: Lowers the actual Item Power of high tiered weapons and armor bringing them down to about equal to lower tiered items.

IP Requirement is good. Keeps 4.0 rats out. They would have to at least spring for 5.1 or better.
      IP Cap is fucking bullshit that lowbies and crybabies want in EVERY content in the ENTIRE game. Fuck off assholes. Get better gear. I do Mists in Tier 6 and fully accept I will not likely beat someone in 8.3 because they are risking A WHOLE FUCKING LOT MORE THAN ME!!!

If you want content with an IP Cap, go play Arena. In Arena and Crystal Arena you will not be destroyed just because the other team has higher gear. Play that content if you are not willing to die to someone in Mists or anywhere else when you have lower gear than your opponent. Enough already with the IP Cap crybaby bullshit.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blenfjorn ().

• Pipeer wrote:

Not sure why low IP should be prevent from lethal.
      Bannishing newer player from solo experience is a bad idea. But mixing 8.3 and 4.2 in the same pool is equally a bad idea.
      No real challenge for the 8.3 guy and not real possibility for the 4.2 player to achieve the goals in the mist.
      So a mist matching IP based could be good. The reward on the upper pool would be greater than in the low pool.

It won't solve the rat issue but it would be a good first step
      that will solve the problem, I myself can gank these motherfuckers 24/7 or follow them until they are forced to leave the mist

but give me a reward for it, after all it's a lethal zone and the rewards for killing them are lower than gathering a t2 stone in the blue zone
      that's why we need an IP req to enter the mist like 1300. it's flat 7 gear 200-300k if you can't afford it then it looks like lethal zones is not for you yet.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Quagga ().

• If they made it so 8.3 always get other similarly geared people in their zone, it would be easily manipulated by the 8.3 players who want to end up in a pool of lower tiered players by simply wearing lower gear themselves and swapping once they enter the zone.

For example, let's say I am an 8.3 player who wants to enter lethal mists and be practically guaranteed a win, get all the objectives for myself, uncontested, I enter with 4.0 flat, and then change my gear to 8.3 while my bubble is still on from entering. Now I am in there with all lowbies (who will probably come here and cry for an IP Cap btw) and I will get the Troubled Wisp, and the Chest for myself, and probably kill a few of the lowbies in the process.

On the other hand, the way it is now, if I go in with 8.3 I might end up with similar geared people and die, so I would think twice about bringing that gear on account that I don't want to lose it.

That's why I think 100% randomness is better. You don't know what you will end up with.

Better solution than changing the matchmaking is other stuff mentioned like changing the mount up time and imposing an IP Requirement to enter.

My thoughts on mounting, and it would probably be hard to get it this way, but perfect world scenario:

Player dismounts, they can still mount up fast if they are still in the mount circle and have not been hit yet.
      Player dismounts and moves out of his circle, or is hit, but doesn't attack anyone, has the normal mount up time.
      Player dismounts and attacks someone, double or triple the amount of time before they can mount up again.
      Player is dismounted by attacks but doesn't fight back, keep that timer the same, I believe it is 30 seconds for the mount to be usable again.
      Player is dismounted by attacks and does fight back, same as third scenario. The timer to mount up should be double or triple what it currently is.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blenfjorn ().

• +1 for ip REQUIREMENT, not CAP

It will be like "heyya nerd, better try to rat a slayer CDG"

Maybe adding a "mid-tier" lethal mists?

No, not making them red zones, they remain black zone but with lower ip requirement (around 900-1000), lower rewards and lower chances of finding rare wisps or artifact bosses

In "high tier" lethal mists (>1200ip) there could be better rewards and higher chances of finding bosses and enchanted wisps

Idk it sounds like ip matchmaking with extra steps but what do ya think about it?
      Spear supremacy

The post was edited 5 times, last by Fabrizziou ().

• I agree that the lack of a "mid-tier" mists option is a problem. If you consider the mists to be a solo open-world mode, then there is one major component missing from the mists that is in the outlands, and that is the option of picking the reward/risk ratio that you are comfortable with.

In the blackzone, you can choose to go to a zone from t5-t8. As you go to higher tier zones, the rewards get better, but the risks also go up, because more high-tier people who want the higher tier rewards will gravitate there.

In the mists right now, it is all random. You find a random mist, you go to a random tier mist with a random enchantment level. The end-game players were understandably upset initially, because they were risking high-tier gear but getting mid-game level (t6) rewards. Now that the rewards have been buffed, the objectives are worth it for people in 8.1+, but now mid-tier players have nowhere to go. End-game players will go in 8.3 and fight other 8.3 players for objectives. The people that would go in 6-8 equivalent have no chance of getting the objectives, and the non-objective rewards are worse than the open world, so it is pointless to be there.

I think the solution is to just divide the mists by tier. The tier you enter is based on the zone you enter from, or the one you select if coming from Brecilien. T5 would be non-lethal as now, but lethal would be divided into T6, 7 and 8 zones. The T6 zones would get reverted to the original reward level, and the T7/8 would be higher.

No IP caps should be included as it is meant to be open world. This way, 8.3 players could go to the T6 zones if they wanted to, but the rewards wouldn't be worth the risk of another 8.3 coming along and killing them. The rat problem wouldn't be solved, but it would encourage more of the mid-game players to go to their appropriate tier level and compete for objectives instead of just ratting the 8.3 fights.

I think this is the best solution that is in line with the vision of the mists as a solo open-world.

As it is right now, the mists only have two activities. An end-game king of the hill deathmatch spectated by rats and mediocre fame farming of open world mobs for new players.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Twiddle ().

• Blenfjorn wrote:

DummyRobert wrote:

1200 ip is too high for new players.
      They can do the Yellow Zone version then.
      i don't get why u want so badly to deny new players the training to high end pvp.

And I don't know, why we have an issue to give new people a chance by limiting IP im common to 1200?

If u feel too much at risk in 8.3 in 1200 IP while searching for uncommon or rare mists, here is the proposal.

Put 1200 on common hard cap but if u enter a mist portal with 1600 IP+ the mist gives you +1 in rarity unless epic. By that you never end up in 1200 IP capped and get rewarded for risking high gear...
    • Trial_hard wrote:

i don't get why u want so badly to deny new players the training to high end pvp.
      The IP requirement idea is not really to deny new players exactly, it's to deny the 4.0 flat rats.

Trial_hard wrote:

Put 1200 on common hard cap but if u enter a mist portal with 1600 IP+ the mist gives you +1 in rarity unless epic. By that you never end up in 1200 IP capped and get rewarded for risking high gear...
      Any kind of cap is a bad idea. If I enter with 1599 IP and you enter with 1200 IP why should we be equal?
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

The IP requirement idea is not really to deny new players exactly, it's to deny the 4.0 flat rats.

Trial_hard wrote:

Any kind of cap is a bad idea. If I enter with 1599 IP and you enter with 1200 IP why should we be equal?
      do you understand how IP is calculated?

A new player has in 6.1 potentially the same IP or even less as you and me in 4.1

The veterans will still rat while new player which are always short on money would be forced to go more expensive. That makes no sense

And if you are afraid not to match 1600 IP or think that's too much for a +1 rarity bonus on opening a portal i have no issue put it on 1500. But 1500 is so easy to achieve..

Just curious - why u get such a adrenaline kick if u can splash through enemy's with 8.3 vs T6 guys? I for myself find this rather boring. Why is it exciting for you, that you want to keep it at all cost?

If it's a lack of success in pvp on equal terms that drives your desire to keep the 50% life and damage advantage over new players I suggest some practice on the other hand if you as veteran cannot get the upper hand on new players in equal gear potentially this game is not for you

P.S. @Blenfjorn just checked your pvp history. Saw the issue, you play Gaxe on Merc jacket up to Max t6 or t4 bloodleter. That explains a lot. You would basically qualify as a rat and never reach 1400 or 1500 ip at all

On a sidenote - i have on oathkeeper CD jacket, rewind helmet, Carleon cape, CD boots, around 4400 life in 8.3. I am completely uncatchable. I 3 hit any t6. That makes no sense to me. My heal pot restores more as a full Merc jacket...the new player in T6 has 2400 life..

The post was edited 8 times, last by Trial_hard ().

• If 8.3 player goes to black zones, and particularly to deep black zones, he will be eventually spotted, tracked and killed by 10ppl group. It is a high risk to go in BZ with an expensive gear.
      In solo content 200-300 Ip provides huge advantage without any risk. Player with 1300 IP cannot kill 1600 IP, it is possible only if an enemy afk or an idiot. So, if you go in 8.3 it is low risk and high reward for you. Avoid others 8.3 players, farm 6.1 - profit. Criers forced devs to reduce mount HP, but again this decision benefits only over geared players, they can dismount noobs even easier now. If you have 1300 IP it does not matter.
      Moreover, new masteries allow veteran players to get 1600 IP in 8.0, it is not healthy for the game when you mix them with average players. Soft Ip cap absence in mists is probably the biggest failure.
    • but 8.3 is really a problem? or mechanics that have been abused for years and never fixed like prestacking 8.3 claymore/spear/daggers

like now oathkeepers that can use a shield and mount even in the middle of the fight
      + mobility,sustain,cc,dmg..

weapons like gloves/daggers Q2 that can outrun 95% of the weapons in the game..

Is this a problem of 8.3 or poor combat balance?

Why does everything in the game have to be newbie friendly? Blackzones with HO are not enough? Farming maps from every BZ portal by using t8 maps in T6 zones and using bubble and invis shrine to get in and then w8 for timer and farm without risk?
      even rat'ing CD are newbie friendly..

where is the limit ? and where is RISK = REWARD..

edit. not every weapon works with ip cap some weapons have better scaling than others.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Quagga ().

• To be honest - i am not newbie friendly.

If i am in 8.3 oath keepers, all the brave other 8.3 avoid the fight with me.

Why? Because my combo is OP as FCK. I can kill other 8.3 and I can chase them down.

And if i am low i mount in the middle of the fight with shield.

Do you know why the other 8.3 don't fight? They have no need. There is plenty 6.0 free kills ..

By putting them all together and denying the free farm of 6.0 they will either stop going 8.3 or fight as they have zero content - only option is to earn their kills by skill not by free target selection without risk

@Quagga

Just for the laugh I streamed mist transport. Guardian armor, invis pot, occult staff on shield, AOE w movement, carpet ..full equipped to just transport epic to show you how silly this all is

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trial_hard ().

• This is why they added a BASE IP CAP. If you want to put an IP limit at 1200 IP the base IP should also be around 1000 or 950. Something to really stop flat 4 even with spec like in HG's the base IP cap of 900 makes it impossible to enter without 4.2/5.1/6 or I should say tier 6 equivalent.