Are SBI planning on fixing mists or are they a bust like everything else?

    • MrDarkwood wrote:

      Nerrd wrote:

      From my perspective, i have played nothing but solo mists since launch and through all the hotfixes and i am really enjoying it apart from 1 thing ... the rats

      I understand that people are at different stages of their Albion career, and if they have succeeded to such an extent they can afford to risk 8.3 sets, then fair play - i have no issue with running across 8.3 meta builds in the mists. It's up to me to survive.

      However, flat 4 bloodletter rats as an example, literally waiting next to the spiders / chests / TWisps to bop you and steal the loot is pathetic.
      I don't want an IP cap to the mists, i want an IP entry level to gain access to lethal - anything under 1150 needs to be in non-lethal until they have earned enough silver to come in to the lethal (end game) areas for solo players

      If you are a 1150 IP rat, then you are worth me attempting to kill you.

      At this point, i have been ratted on drops more times than i can remember and it's just boring

      However with that said, as i never really post - the hotfixes are amazing, SBI get a lot of abuse and childish criticism but as a mid-tier solo player i am very happy (just fix the rats please)
      Sorry what kind of idiocy is this right here? You say "Fair play it's on me to survive the 8.3 onslaught" BUT THE 4.1 RATS OH DEAR LORD GET EM OUT"
      All this tells me is that you're on of the 8.3 players who overgear and go around slaughtering newbies to feel better about yourself. Litteraly the only players "enjoying mists" as you've said are the people who overgear so heavily no one else is allowed to have any fun and you get butthurt when some 4.1 gets "your" loot because you are the highest geared player in a given Mist, either that or you run out and back in till you are.

      How are you this delusional and self entiteled?
      I have to defend him, for example I use 8.1/2 and I want to fight those 8.3 most of the time I have kit and swaps to beat them but guess what by flat 4 rats ppl can't compete with 8.3 it takes some space and time to beat them....
      (another issue is poor combat balance like prestacking claymore which opens up fights with 2k dmg, like gloves which break all game rules and are able to outrun 95% of weapons in the game by spamming Q same with daggers Q2)

      of course it's the fault of SBI who made the game safer and safer with every update and when the average blackzone hideout player is alone he doesn't know what to do and will just rat around with flat 4 because the game allowed him to exist and let him play the game without having to learn how to pvp and survive the only thing most of these people learned is to store 100x flat 4 sets and keep dying regear and keep dying....

      That's why we need some kind of health mechanics to solve the rat problem like ip cap on mist access to make rat hunting profitable and not feel like a waste of time if I can go gather t2 stones and make more money than hunting flat4 rats then something is wrong.
      (in general I think ip cap access should be added to the game, it would improve the state of blackzone in general, people who are not able to play daily in decent gear and only pay slave taxes for HO and exploit end game zone is bad for the game and competition.)

      the game lacks risk = reward, if you remove this thing then full loot sandbox makes no sense.... SBI "kills" full loot by its casuals firendly decisions.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().

    • MrDarkwood wrote:

      Nerrd wrote:

      From my perspective, i have played nothing but solo mists since launch and through all the hotfixes and i am really enjoying it apart from 1 thing ... the rats

      I understand that people are at different stages of their Albion career, and if they have succeeded to such an extent they can afford to risk 8.3 sets, then fair play - i have no issue with running across 8.3 meta builds in the mists. It's up to me to survive.

      However, flat 4 bloodletter rats as an example, literally waiting next to the spiders / chests / TWisps to bop you and steal the loot is pathetic.
      I don't want an IP cap to the mists, i want an IP entry level to gain access to lethal - anything under 1150 needs to be in non-lethal until they have earned enough silver to come in to the lethal (end game) areas for solo players

      If you are a 1150 IP rat, then you are worth me attempting to kill you.

      At this point, i have been ratted on drops more times than i can remember and it's just boring

      However with that said, as i never really post - the hotfixes are amazing, SBI get a lot of abuse and childish criticism but as a mid-tier solo player i am very happy (just fix the rats please)
      Sorry what kind of idiocy is this right here? You say "Fair play it's on me to survive the 8.3 onslaught" BUT THE 4.1 RATS OH DEAR LORD GET EM OUT"
      All this tells me is that you're on of the 8.3 players who overgear and go around slaughtering newbies to feel better about yourself. Litteraly the only players "enjoying mists" as you've said are the people who overgear so heavily no one else is allowed to have any fun and you get butthurt when some 4.1 gets "your" loot because you are the highest geared player in a given Mist, either that or you run out and back in till you are.

      How are you this delusional and self entiteled?
      This is because getting killed by a rat in 4.1 feels infinitely worse than being killed by the 8.3. The 8.3 at least is risking high end gear and is fighting.

      The rat is just circling on his mount like a vulture and will run away from fights and will only dismount to execute you after you have fought with someone else. Or just steals your objective while you are fighting with someone else - why should this behavior be accepted over, either earning or swiping for the silver, and bringing a very expensive set into a zone where that person can be 4v1'ed and lose everything?

      For those who are complaining about 8.3's I think the meta in the mists just arent developed yet. In the future people will probably recognize that the 8.3 is the high value target and then work together to take the 8.3 down before fighting each other for his set. (that is unless a 4.1 rat comes by and steals everything)
    • MageWarrior wrote:

      I think is he totally right my brother, only a blind person cannot see this happening during the last 2 years.
      Are you saying he's right to spread something that even he isn't sure about? OK....



      CDEEK5 wrote:

      Mendigo_Do_Mar wrote:

      If you're not sure what you're talking about, shut up and don't spread misinformation!!!
      Ahhh that word again, used whenever people dont agree or like what you say they brand it as misinformation lol this type of rhtoric is more akin to the twiter hate mobs lol. For you to state my speculations are "Missinformation" you must be in possesion of inside knowledge that contradticts my statements. wich am guessing you don't.
      See what you wrote below, you yourself are not sure what you are stating, how would that not be classified as misinformation? :S

      CDEEK5 wrote:

      from what i understand they are currently $50.000.000 in the negitive (from youtube sources so not sure how legit this is).
      Healer Supremacy

    • Mendigo_Do_Mar wrote:

      MageWarrior wrote:

      I think is he totally right my brother, only a blind person cannot see this happening during the last 2 years.
      Are you saying he's right to spread something that even he isn't sure about? OK....


      CDEEK5 wrote:

      Mendigo_Do_Mar wrote:

      If you're not sure what you're talking about, shut up and don't spread misinformation!!!
      Ahhh that word again, used whenever people dont agree or like what you say they brand it as misinformation lol this type of rhtoric is more akin to the twiter hate mobs lol. For you to state my speculations are "Missinformation" you must be in possesion of inside knowledge that contradticts my statements. wich am guessing you don't.
      See what you wrote below, you yourself are not sure what you are stating, how would that not be classified as misinformation? :S

      CDEEK5 wrote:

      from what i understand they are currently $50.000.000 in the negitive (from youtube sources so not sure how legit this is).
      ok have me Cancelled then lol
    • It would be good for the mists to implement somekind of softcap, like in CD. Right now its easier for me to make money in BZ. The mist are dominated by rich high tier Players and roaming with 6.1, 6.2, doesnt really make sense, you must either go high or go low. what I do like is the insane amount of might and faveor u can earn even with cheap gear, so this is the reason to go there.
    • jad0 wrote:

      It would be good for the mists to implement somekind of softcap, like in CD. Right now its easier for me to make money in BZ. The mist are dominated by rich high tier Players and roaming with 6.1, 6.2, doesnt really make sense, you must either go high or go low. what I do like is the insane amount of might and faveor u can earn even with cheap gear, so this is the reason to go there.
      but you understand that low tier players made 8.3 meta ?

      you need more space and time to kill 8.3 guy by flat 4 rats you can't, so non can beat em so they rule mist. remove rats and 8.3 are no longer a problem.

      I don't know how many times I've killed 8.3 and had to run midfight because some random flat 4 bl appeared.

      remove rats from mist add a enter ip cap 1300
    • Quagga wrote:

      jad0 wrote:

      It would be good for the mists to implement somekind of softcap, like in CD. Right now its easier for me to make money in BZ. The mist are dominated by rich high tier Players and roaming with 6.1, 6.2, doesnt really make sense, you must either go high or go low. what I do like is the insane amount of might and faveor u can earn even with cheap gear, so this is the reason to go there.
      but you understand that low tier players made 8.3 meta ?
      you need more space and time to kill 8.3 guy by flat 4 rats you can't, so non can beat em so they rule mist. remove rats and 8.3 are no longer a problem.

      I don't know how many times I've killed 8.3 and had to run midfight because some random flat 4 bl appeared.

      remove rats from mist add a enter ip cap 1300
      Or just make it so that it’s a 1050 IP cap so that the solo players that are actually solo players can play in them at least. There shouldn’t be tier 8 players in a content usually done by players that don’t have like 5mil silver to easily spend on sets while still having like 150mil more. Having a 1300 IP cap pretty much removes the point of having a solo content mists since most of the solo players barely make much at all unless they really save up and take very easy fights to none at all, the mists should of helped that but again players that can run 8.3 took advantage of it having no IP cap and also no gankers so they could just walk into the mists and get easy kills, while the prey is just trying to make a small amount of silver and fame that of which they lost content wise because the Roads of Avalon (solo content specifically) was removed. If you want to do 8.3 1300 IP PvP, do slayer CD’s, not bringing it to the Mists where the actual solo players that play guildless because of the challenge it brings actually have a chance to having a content to themselves with other solo players of the type.
    • ThreeHades wrote:

      Quagga wrote:

      jad0 wrote:

      It would be good for the mists to implement somekind of softcap, like in CD. Right now its easier for me to make money in BZ. The mist are dominated by rich high tier Players and roaming with 6.1, 6.2, doesnt really make sense, you must either go high or go low. what I do like is the insane amount of might and faveor u can earn even with cheap gear, so this is the reason to go there.
      but you understand that low tier players made 8.3 meta ?you need more space and time to kill 8.3 guy by flat 4 rats you can't, so non can beat em so they rule mist. remove rats and 8.3 are no longer a problem.

      I don't know how many times I've killed 8.3 and had to run midfight because some random flat 4 bl appeared.

      remove rats from mist add a enter ip cap 1300
      Or just make it so that it’s a 1050 IP cap so that the solo players that are actually solo players can play in them at least. There shouldn’t be tier 8 players in a content usually done by players that don’t have like 5mil silver to easily spend on sets while still having like 150mil more. Having a 1300 IP cap pretty much removes the point of having a solo content mists since most of the solo players barely make much at all unless they really save up and take very easy fights to none at all, the mists should of helped that but again players that can run 8.3 took advantage of it having no IP cap and also no gankers so they could just walk into the mists and get easy kills, while the prey is just trying to make a small amount of silver and fame that of which they lost content wise because the Roads of Avalon (solo content specifically) was removed. If you want to do 8.3 1300 IP PvP, do slayer CD’s, not bringing it to the Mists where the actual solo players that play guildless because of the challenge it brings actually have a chance to having a content to themselves with other solo players of the type.
      false

      ip cap = rat buff

      enter ip cap = rat nerf


      edit. btw 1300 ip is flat 7 is 300k kit.... My point is that if someone can't afford to lose 300k then maybe lethal zones are not for him yet.
      and why do i want 1300 enter ip cap ? to create content for gankers so ratting will not be risk free and only profit, so far gathering t2 stone in blue zone is worth more than ganking rats in mist.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Quagga ().

    • jad0 wrote:

      It's almost imposible to kill 8.3 with 6.2 , unless he plays really bad, or u coop with someone
      5.2 rat


      tell me about risk reward.

      1300 ip of this guy and 2 others would not have been there and I would have been rewarded for a nice fight.

      all this dog shit rat players deny fun nothing else.


      Mists
      • Long Hostile Dismount
        • Ability Cooldown: 10s -> 12s
      this should be 60sec.

      if you want watch a fight do it or f off or start roaming without mount.

      and this is a perfect example of why 8.3 is meta, because any weapon that can burst 8.3 with no high tier gear will die a few seconds later from rats.

      This is a shitty game design and it's not the gear that's the problem, it's the rats.

      The post was edited 7 times, last by Quagga ().

    • MrDarkwood wrote:

      Nerrd wrote:

      From my perspective, i have played nothing but solo mists since launch and through all the hotfixes and i am really enjoying it apart from 1 thing ... the rats

      I understand that people are at different stages of their Albion career, and if they have succeeded to such an extent they can afford to risk 8.3 sets, then fair play - i have no issue with running across 8.3 meta builds in the mists. It's up to me to survive.

      However, flat 4 bloodletter rats as an example, literally waiting next to the spiders / chests / TWisps to bop you and steal the loot is pathetic.
      I don't want an IP cap to the mists, i want an IP entry level to gain access to lethal - anything under 1150 needs to be in non-lethal until they have earned enough silver to come in to the lethal (end game) areas for solo players

      If you are a 1150 IP rat, then you are worth me attempting to kill you.

      At this point, i have been ratted on drops more times than i can remember and it's just boring

      However with that said, as i never really post - the hotfixes are amazing, SBI get a lot of abuse and childish criticism but as a mid-tier solo player i am very happy (just fix the rats please)
      Sorry what kind of idiocy is this right here? You say "Fair play it's on me to survive the 8.3 onslaught" BUT THE 4.1 RATS OH DEAR LORD GET EM OUT"
      All this tells me is that you're on of the 8.3 players who overgear and go around slaughtering newbies to feel better about yourself. Litteraly the only players "enjoying mists" as you've said are the people who overgear so heavily no one else is allowed to have any fun and you get butthurt when some 4.1 gets "your" loot because you are the highest geared player in a given Mist, either that or you run out and back in till you are.

      How are you this delusional and self entiteled?
      No, if "Nerrd" is his in game name I have actually seen him 3+ times personally and cannot recall him being juiced up.
      Actually I just looked at his murderledger - he plays t7/t8 equivalent..

      What he said makes sense. Why not have a minimum ip requirement so people cant enter for free, not risk anything getting loot without having to fight?
      pee and poo
    • Ratting is already being worked on. So SBI are aware of the problem.

      What they are not working on right now is the problem with Gucci Control. and therefor i think some feedback and potential ideas of what they could do to fix this is more than in order. It is not helpful at all to use "but that will buff ratting" as an excuse to do nothing about Gucci Control.


      That said, I propose a soft IP cap be put into place for all mists content.

      More adjustments to dismount CDs and other things could be made to offset any buff that this gives to rats.


      I also feel that this mobility meta needs to go. It's not fun, at all. In fact it's downright infuriating.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Gnomead ().

    • @Ayced

      Hey man, yep seen you a few times too <3

      I just wasn't going to reply to someone that thinks i am not allowed an opinion haha - but yeah i think Quagga is on the same boat too - however i think 1300IP is maybe a little too high as 300k is only viable at 1300 with specs right?

      1150 would be a good start point for entry to lethal i think, anything below should be in yellow mists

      again just an opinion
    • Quagga wrote:

      ThreeHades wrote:

      Quagga wrote:

      jad0 wrote:

      It would be good for the mists to implement somekind of softcap, like in CD. Right now its easier for me to make money in BZ. The mist are dominated by rich high tier Players and roaming with 6.1, 6.2, doesnt really make sense, you must either go high or go low. what I do like is the insane amount of might and faveor u can earn even with cheap gear, so this is the reason to go there.
      but you understand that low tier players made 8.3 meta ?you need more space and time to kill 8.3 guy by flat 4 rats you can't, so non can beat em so they rule mist. remove rats and 8.3 are no longer a problem.
      I don't know how many times I've killed 8.3 and had to run midfight because some random flat 4 bl appeared.

      remove rats from mist add a enter ip cap 1300
      Or just make it so that it’s a 1050 IP cap so that the solo players that are actually solo players can play in them at least. There shouldn’t be tier 8 players in a content usually done by players that don’t have like 5mil silver to easily spend on sets while still having like 150mil more. Having a 1300 IP cap pretty much removes the point of having a solo content mists since most of the solo players barely make much at all unless they really save up and take very easy fights to none at all, the mists should of helped that but again players that can run 8.3 took advantage of it having no IP cap and also no gankers so they could just walk into the mists and get easy kills, while the prey is just trying to make a small amount of silver and fame that of which they lost content wise because the Roads of Avalon (solo content specifically) was removed. If you want to do 8.3 1300 IP PvP, do slayer CD’s, not bringing it to the Mists where the actual solo players that play guildless because of the challenge it brings actually have a chance to having a content to themselves with other solo players of the type.
      false
      ip cap = rat buff

      enter ip cap = rat nerf


      edit. btw 1300 ip is flat 7 is 300k kit.... My point is that if someone can't afford to lose 300k then maybe lethal zones are not for him yet.
      and why do i want 1300 enter ip cap ? to create content for gankers so ratting will not be risk free and only profit, so far gathering t2 stone in blue zone is worth more than ganking rats in mist.
      Even then, there would still be rats, just much more difficult to run from rats and probably would be able to one shot you if you were low, with a low IP cape you would lose much less silver if you died and multiple other players would be able to PvP in the same place.

      Otherwise just get better at running from rats, I crashed (because mobile is dumb) and logged back on to me getting attacked and I was at under 30% health and was able to escape.
    • My personal opinion is that this content is DOA. The Mists were advertised as "open world" opportunities for 1v1 and 2v2 fights without a fear of Zergs. As it turns out, people hate that content because it's full of rats and people who are IP crutching. Now the only way to save it is to impose a ton of unique restrictions on it that #1: make it completely unlike the open world experience they advertised, and #2: make it much more similar to 1v1 and 2v2 content that already exists.
    • I still think removing mounts in the key. If mounts are gone 8.3s cannot get to every objective on map in time to get them, 7 mounted rats cannot get there to congregrate and 3rd party, and tons more organic fights would happen just while walking around that chances are would remain 1v1.
    • Tabor wrote:

      I still think removing mounts in the key. If mounts are gone 8.3s cannot get to every objective on map in time to get them, 7 mounted rats cannot get there to congregrate and 3rd party, and tons more organic fights would happen just while walking around that chances are would remain 1v1.
      I still worry this is not a good fix. Besides the points I made above, I think you'll just see the meta devolve further into a mobility focused rat fest. You'll have people in miner boots and assassin hoods speed racing around to nab all of the objectives before you can even get there.
    • Quagga wrote:

      jad0 wrote:

      It's almost imposible to kill 8.3 with 6.2 , unless he plays really bad, or u coop with someone
      5.2 rat

      tell me about risk reward.

      1300 ip of this guy and 2 others would not have been there and I would have been rewarded for a nice fight.

      all this dog shit rat players deny fun nothing else.


      Mists
      • Long Hostile Dismount
        • Ability Cooldown: 10s -> 12s
      this should be 60sec.

      if you want watch a fight do it or f off or start roaming without mount.

      and this is a perfect example of why 8.3 is meta, because any weapon that can burst 8.3 with no high tier gear will die a few seconds later from rats.

      This is a shitty game design and it's not the gear that's the problem, it's the rats.
      Thank you for showing a perfect example of "the mists complainer" after all these patches.
      Doesn't care about being even more poor in his 5.3/6.2/8.0 set compared to the 8.3 guy but when a 5.2 (which is just one tier below) kills him it's oof the rats.

      As for the asinine 60s cooldown suggestion... Well, you can go back to corrupted dungeons instead of suggesting transforming every type of content to CDs.