Are you speedrunning the death of albion?

• Are you speedrunning the death of albion?

Im seriously curious what the plan is here, the loot is terrible and premium will be 16-17m. ofcourse for experienced players its not THAT big a deal, but here is the thing. they probably buy premium with silver anyway. now you scare away all the new players and the veteran players wont give you any real life money. What is the plan here? And you do this right after the beyond the fail update? Now you're right mobile players will probably pay *cough* diablo immortal* but is that what you want? A small player base that pays? Wasnt this a crowdfunded project? and this is how you fuck over your users? sad.
    • this game has been according to the forum on the verge of death since release. yet every time I take a break I come back to new content and a way better game in QOL terms. I know for some of you it's terrible, but to put it into context they didn't even have island favorites. Imagine trying to find your alts island because you didn't think a name with an N would be such a problem.

So yes lots broken, I don't think what they did to the roads is a good thing, I get the feeling the entire patch was a monetization drive by the parent company (total guess), and I could care less about the mists (just like all the other instances content I don't do).its still a way better game than it was, and ill wait to see if they can find the balance between mobile accessibility and the old school PC app.

TLDR: I'm not too fond of the patch, I don't think the game is dying, I think the game is better than at many points during its long life. Tweak the roads and I don't care about the mists... ill try them in 6 months when everyone is bored with them.
    • Noreaga wrote:

this game has been according to the forum on the verge of death since release. yet every time I take a break I come back to new content and a way better game in QOL terms. I know for some of you it's terrible, but to put it into context they didn't even have island favorites. Imagine trying to find your alts island because you didn't think a name with an N would be such a problem.

So yes lots broken, I don't think what they did to the roads is a good thing, I get the feeling the entire patch was a monetization drive by the parent company (total guess), and I could care less about the mists (just like all the other instances content I don't do).its still a way better game than it was, and ill wait to see if they can find the balance between mobile accessibility and the old school PC app.

TLDR: I'm not too fond of the patch, I don't think the game is dying, I think the game is better than at many points during its long life. Tweak the roads and I don't care about the mists... ill try them in 6 months when everyone is bored with them.
      When premium costed 9 mil a month it was manageable for newbies. now its getting up towards twice that. It is becoming a huge barrier to entry for new players, and killing the value of the focus for more experienced players who engage with the crafting as well.

It's not just the price of premium. It's the high taxes and incredibly bad loot as well. A friend I was trying to get back into the game recently quit and you know what his biggest complaint was? The loot being as awful as it is. Who the hell wants to become a slave to their own premium? Who wants to start the game if it means 1-3 months of hell before you can afford your first month of premium? And even after that, Who wants to play a game in which you have to ALLWAYS be in discord and always be in a group to do anything worthwhile?

The high barriers to entry will keep the game from growing and the increased cost of premium will push many players away. Right now is probably the worst time to start playing Albion in the games history. Also, what many of you do not realize is that a lot of the people who play this game dont live in a first world country and picking up a few extra hours at Mc Donald's to pay for your month of premium is not an option.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gnomead ().

• They are obviously pushing pay2win 100%
      Mist is the biggest proof,almost everybody but whales are losing millions and going broke
      CDs loot nerfed 400%
      Dungeons nerfed to the ground
      Mist is literally like a separate pay2win game mode
      All that is followed by a huge premium price increase
      Yeah at this rythm I'm expecting exclusive real money OP weapons soon I guess