Testserver Patch Notes - Beyond the Veil Patch 1

• Testserver Patch Notes - Beyond the Veil Patch 1

Beyond the Veil Patch 1

Roads of Avalon Changes and Fixes
      • Direct connections between Hideout zones redirected to raid zones
        • This increases likelihood of raid zones having two separate connections at a given time
      • Reduced number of players allowed through each Roads portal from 6 to 5, but decreased portal charge-up time from 600 to 500 seconds
        • This player count now corresponds to the portal in Brecilien
      • In non-Hideout Roads zones:
        • Randomized Dungeon Maps can no longer be used
        • Static Randomized Dungeons no longer appear in enchanted form
        • Increased reward factors for Static Randomized Dungeons
      • Fixed issue where resource mobs (Elemental, Dryad, Cougar, Wood Spirit) in the Roads were not spawning with full charges
      • Updated behavior of Avalonian mobs in the Roads:
        • Decreased knockback of Avalonian Monk and damage of the standard version
        • Added immediate spell cast to Monk, Warrior, and Mage
        • Decreased attack power of Warrior
      Mount Changes
      • Made mount-up time for mounts more consistent:
        • All non-Battle Mounts now take 3s to mount up:
          • Saddled Greywolf: 2s → 3s
          • Elite Terrorbird: 2s → 3s
          • Elite Winter Bear: 2s → 3s
          • Elite Wild Boar: 2s → 3s
          • Elite Bighorn Ram: 2s → 3s
          • Elite Swamp Salamander: 2s → 3s
          • Elite Greywolf: 2s → 3s
          • Spring Cottontail: 2s → 3s
        • All Battle Mounts now take 10s to mount up:
          • Siege Ballista: 15s → 10s
          • Venom Basilisk: 15s → 10s
          • Flame Basilisk: 15s → 10s
          • Elder's Command Mammoth: 25s → 10s
      • Increased Item Power of the Avalonian Basilisk to 1000 to match other T7 mounts:
        • HP Increase: 1239 → 1254
        • HP Regen Increase: 12.39 → 12.54
      Other Changes
      • Loadouts now separated by Personal and Guild in the dropdown menu
      • Season 16 furniture items now placeable
      • Improved visibility of enchantment effects for .4 enchanted weapons
      • Added unrestricted PvP zones to all mob camps in the Mists
      • The lingering effect of the Invisibility Shrine buff after reveal no longer provides invincibility
      Combat Balance Changes

This is not a large balance patch, but simply some adjustments to react to the current meta in the game. The main goal is to tone down the biggest mobility outliers and have a few adjustments and buffs for currently underused abilities.

Axes
      • Razor Cut (Bear Paws)
        • Range: 12m → 10m
        • Energy Cost: 20 → 16
      Bows
      • Frost Shot (all Bows)
        • Cooldown: 15s → 18s
      • Ray of Light (all Bows)
        • Cooldown: 14s → 12s
        • Hit Delay: 0.8s → 0.6s
        • Standtime: 0.4s → 0.3s
      Crossbows
      • Caltrops (all Crossbows)
        • Move Speed Increase: 20% → 30%
        • Move Speed Duration: 2s → 3s
        • Slow Strength: 40% → 30%
      Daggers
      • Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter)
        • Hitting a player below 40% Health no longer increases the cooldown rate
        • Instead, hitting a player below 40% now reduces the ability cooldown by 40% (other slot cooldowns are no longer affected)
      War Gloves
      • Triple Kick (all War Gloves)
        • Cooldown: 15s → 18s
      • Falcon Smash (Battle Bracers)
        • Range: 15m → 13m
      Armors
      • Bloodlust (Mercenary Jacket)
        • Heal per Tick: 42 → 54
        • Number of Ticks: 9 → 7
      Helmets
      • Force Field (all Cloth Helmets)
        • Knockback Distance: 12m → 9m
      • Poison (Mage Cowl)
        • First Damage Tick: 1s → 0s
        • Total Ticks: 5 → 3
        • Damage per Tick: 39.93 → 60
      • Retaliate (Hunter Hood)
        • Reflected Damage: 70% → 100%
      Fixes
      • Spell fixes:
        • Mistcloud (Mistwalker Jacket) now conceals Celestial Censer and Torch
        • Fixed issue where Spider Thread (Duskweaver Helmet) stat block would disappear when multispell was active
        • Fixed issue where mount-up could be interrupted by casts that deal no damage but slow, silence, or root
        • Fixed an issue where Purge (Fiend Cowl) would not correctly purge Hyperfocus
        • Fixed an issue where Mythical Web (Duskweaver Armor) would falsely purge Iron Will
        • Fixed an issue where Hyperfocus (Feyscale Hat) prevented Armor Piercer (Cursed Staffs) from hitting the player
        • Fixed an issue where Wild Magic’s Storm Shield (Feyscale Robe) could chain trigger with Requite

• Crafting Fey Armor now fills Laborer Journals as intended
      • Fixed issue where opening Guild Details UI closed world map
      • Fixed issue where travel to Guild Island with same name as the character was not possible via Travel Planner or Island Merchant
      • Fixed issue where offline timers of Guild Members displayed wrong in Guild UI
      • Fixed issue where players could not travel to Guild Island set as Home with equipment
      • Fixed issue where players under Outland city shrine buff could receive Outlaw status
      • Fixed issue where enchantment would display incorrectly after killing hide mobs
      • Fixed issue where unlocalized enemy names would sometimes display during targeting
      • Fixed issue where players could join guilds via autojoin even during cooldown
      • Fixed issue where Faction Transport mission invisibility buff indicator remained even after buff expired
      • Fixed issue where players dismounting from battle mounts could become stuck in Power Cores and Pristine resources
      • Fixed several display issues when traveling via Travel Planner or Outland portals
      • Fixed rare issue where Weakened Wisp Sanctuary Portals were not visible
      • Fixed names of T4 Resource Mobs in the Roads of Avalon
      • [Virtual Joystick / Controller] Fixed issue where some neutrally targeted spells would look for a new closer target when a friendly target was selected
      • Additional localization, UI, terrain and animation fixes
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Reduced number of players allowed through each Roads portal from 6 to 5, but decreased portal charge-up time from 600 to 500 seconds

This player count now corresponds to the portal in Brecilien
      This change honestly breaks my heart. 7 man portals offered such a good variety of group comps and the ability to run a variety of group sizes. I had a feeling 6 man portals would just end up being 5's comps with an extra man but we will never know because it looks like we are just going to get the toxic 5s meta in roads now. Please justify this change! 7 man roads worked so well until you made the value of open world vastly exceed the value of roads. The whole point of this update is too bring that value back but restricting group size isn't needed. Even with the charge time reduction people will spend most of their time waiting for charges now that group size is so restricted!
    • roads were the only place that allows people to enjoy small-scale content with different group sizes. the whole point of this update was bringing the value back, adjusting the rewards to openworld for small-scale players in a fair atmosphere. this had nothing to do with portal numbers. roads already feels empty than before even with more valuable -fame/might wise- mobs.

please, please reconsider this change before turning the roads into hellgates. there are still lots of players who wants to challange themselves in different ways without tossing into another toxic meta. roads were already the only place that we can have it for a long long time and now you are ending it. please don't do it.
      ~pezzcat
    • As a small scale player who only plays in the roads as my main form of content, these updates and changes are only killing this form of content. The more you drop the portal sizes the more people will stack the zones, and the more toxic comps will come out of it. It doesn't matter how much value you put into the roads, if you can't bring your party inside to clear it then what is the point. Adding spiders and nodes and small chest spawns, cool that is nice, more content the better. But you are killing the groups that want to play the roads by reducing the portal sizes. Its already bad enough that a 3 man group could have to wait to chase another 3 man group if 1 naked scout takes a charge.

Please revert back to 7 man portals, maybe also making it harder to just freely scout T8 zones with scouts. Stopping the logout was a great change, but it doesn't stop people from still going in with just a horse to check if everything is up. Have the chest respawn timer reduced to 1 hour or so, maybe depending on the rarity of the boss the chest spawned with. Maybe the chest respawns after 30 mins with a yellow boss, then another 30 mins to upgrade to orange, then red. Then the respawn timer is an hour to go back to yellow. Idk how you want to do it but the way it is now, with a 5 hour respawn time is just dead content. Put a chest marker on them so that the roads don't look so empty, make it so you have to clear the whole chest. Let group dungeons upgrade over time. I think the few changes I posted here are a good start to try and fix and bring back the roads players, because at this point the roads are just going to be used for transporting and that is it.

Also this is a more personal thing, but all the UI changes are not needed. The market search change also makes it harder to look for items with the fuzzy search added on. The UI changes on the travel planner and the Bank tabs was not needed at all and it doesn't help, it just makes it more annoying to look at.

Please just do something to bring the roads back, at this point the content is going to die, if its not already dead.
    • hello,

Roads of Avalon Changes and Fixes feedback:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Direct connections between Hideout zones redirected to raid zones

This increases likelihood of raid zones having two separate connections at a given time
      Great change, raid zones should honestly always have two separate connections to ho zones, so it's not a free pve loot but actually promotes fighting over it.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Reduced number of players allowed through each Roads portal from 6 to 5, but decreased portal charge-up time from 600 to 500 seconds

This player count now corresponds to the portal in Brecilien
      Stop. Just please stop changing things nobody has asked for. Not a single person in this forum mentioned reducing portal charges from 7 to 6 was a good idea and reducing it furthermore makes me think you honestly don't want to make this a better experience for us. I've been playing this game for 2 years, spending most of this time in roads with friends. None of them like this change, so please revert it back to 7. It's pts for now so I'm praying that you will listen to us. Just revert it back to 7, make brecilien portal 7 too and we all will be more than happy with it. Stop with changing things that work just fine as they were.

@PrintsKaspian this^ is very important for us.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

In non-Hideout Roads zones:

Randomized Dungeon Maps can no longer be used

Static Randomized Dungeons no longer appear in enchanted form

Increased reward factors for Static Randomized Dungeons
      Cool, at least they are no longer same value loot wise as black zone dungeons but with much higher risk of getting dove.
      My proposition: make static randomized dungeons upgrade over time (enchant, call it as u want). and keep the 610% buff.
      Reason? We used to have 610% before the update, rewards were literally *shit* for the risk of getting dove. Post update with enchanting? I explained in first line. With the change I proposed they are still risky (diving), with enchanting over time they are really hard to do and force to swap to pve skills for some bosses but for a good reward.

And this is why roads were/are/will be dead, because rewards compared to open world are not even close. Stop protecting precious open world for best loot. Mists and roads are also open environment with their risks & should at least be close with rewards.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Fixed issue where resource mobs (Elemental, Dryad, Cougar, Wood Spirit) in the Roads were not spawning with full charges
      Love to see fast fix on that issue.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Updated behavior of Avalonian mobs in the Roads:

Decreased knockback of Avalonian Monk and damage of the standard version

Added immediate spell cast to Monk, Warrior, and Mage

Decreased attack power of Warrior
      Thank you for fixing this, especially monk. Much needed.

Combat Balance Changes

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Razor Cut (Bear Paws)

Range: 12m → 10m

Energy Cost: 20 → 16
      Unnecessary change, again nobody in forums mentioned bearpaws as OP with mobility, they are decently balanced just as they are now, with no cdr without hitting a player. Only ppl complaining were people being ganked by bunch of bear paws gankers which shouldn't define balance changes whatsoever.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Caltrops (all Crossbows)

Move Speed Increase: 20% → 30%

Move Speed Duration: 2s → 3s

Slow Strength: 40% → 30%
      there is already an opinion on forums posted about this by stabberi i think, it might be too much mobility + counter mobility for a duration almost as long as cooldown on ability (duration 3s, cooldown 5s - before cooldown reduction), this might be new kiting meta (compared to bows, xbows have much higher damage on q's that hit like a truck) so I'd advise to test it carefully before dropping on main server.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter)

Hitting a player below 40% Health no longer increases the cooldown rate

Instead, hitting a player below 40% now reduces the ability cooldown by 40% (other slot cooldowns are no longer affected)
      There is multiple threads & opinions explaining why this change make no sense and doesn't adress issue with bloodletter. I recommend reading some of the forums, because you can find good takes here instead of doing pointless changes. Doesn't fix the issue with ratting kills.
      Bloodletter (NDA BtV patch 1)
      The easiest solution to bloodletter "problem".
      Bloodletter NDA changes

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Poison (Mage Cowl)

First Damage Tick: 1s → 0s

Total Ticks: 5 → 3

Damage per Tick: 39.93 → 60
      This one I'm torn. It's kind of a nerf, because of lower overall damage plus reflect being back to what it should be, but it also makes mage cowl very strong with short pierce (for example poison potion) so it might result in being stronger than it is already now. There are better options to change mage cowl, also multiple threads in this forum as it has been one of the most OP things in the game right now. The main problem isn't in damage itself, huge impact has cooldown & time to apply that damage which basically gives ~15s cd in between 2 mage cowls. It has no counter in the game (hunter hood, guardian helmet both are 40s+ cd).

Rest of changes I'm either fine with or are necessary fixes.
      Please take care of road charges, rewards, bloodletter and mage cowl changes as they are the most urgent ones right now. Don't screw us over even more.

Cheers
    • Bring back 7-uses Roads Portals and adjust Brecilien portal uses too.

7v7 meta used to be fun, 5v5 will end up being Hellgate/Arena meta, which will just make players to play Hellgate and avoid Roads again, after all it's easier to find a 5v5 there.
      It is already too much waiting time to travel through roads after solo/duo players take a use or two, so reducing the cooldown is not a bad change.
      With enough Objectives spawning in Roads to fight over them, small-scale groups will enjoy the Roads like they used to.
    • Old roads player here who left for ZvZ when the black zone buff passively nerfed the roads so hard that the PvP content dried up. I remember being a roads fanboy and defending the content even when people said it was dead because fighting 4-7v4-7 in the roads gave me so much joy. Anyways, I was beyond pumped about this update making roads content viable again and hopefully bringing back all the fun roads fights.

I do have to question some decisions. Bringing charges down to 5 seems like a change that might impact the meta more than you think. I think having the roads designed for party sizes of 4-7 is better but would like to hear the thought process behind this change because maybe you guys know something I don't. Seems like a pretty big change to just make without asking the community about it as most people I have spoken to aren't a fan of this. My only guess is that you want 6-10 man parties going to bz for content, but in reality, for small guilds, it will just cause people to spectate their friends playing or go to different discords and form another group.

On a tangential note, I believe the better way to limit party size is through a debuff rather than road charges. We have seen in the past that people are willing to wait for however long to stack a zone. Debuff doesn't need to apply in HO zones or Raid zones maybe. It just seems that by limiting party sizes by charges and not debuffs you are just rewarding people who will wait longer to make sure any fight they take has the scale tipped in their favor. I would love to hear SBIs take on a "right-sized" debuff as I have seen it being suggested since I started playing seriously, but it hasn't had any headway.

Anyways this is my first forum post, so it will be interesting to see how SBI responds to all the feedback here. I know making a video game isn't easy and you will never satisfy everyone, but I communication helps make the community more forgiving of changes that may be best for the game, but not their interest.

Cheers!
    • @Foxyy_ made a very good summary of everything players have spread in the forum, and I agree on every single point.
      Also wanted to say good job to you guys for the quick reaction and improvements during the past week. It drastically changed the experience within the mist in a good way.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Laem ().

• Is this a buff or a nerf? I can't quite tell..

Daggers
      • Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter)
        • Hitting a player below 40% Health no longer increases the cooldown rate
        • Instead, hitting a player below 40% now reduces the ability cooldown by 40% (other slot cooldowns are no longer affected)
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Reduced number of players allowed through each Roads portal from 6 to 5, but decreased portal charge-up time from 600 to 500 seconds
        • This player count now corresponds to the portal in Brecilie

Who asked for this? Who asked for 6 man portals? Can we get some explanation on why this was even changed in the first place? Also, I bet you don't adjust the HP of the mobs to compensate the loss of a DPS.
    • Aelitus wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

• This player count now corresponds to the portal in Brecilie

Who asked for this? Who asked for 6 man portals? Can we get some explanation on why this was even changed in the first place? Also, I bet you don't adjust the HP of the mobs to compensate the loss of a DPS.
      Oh don’t worry, they reduced the charge wait time, so now you can wait like a good little boy to get more people in. Waste of fucking time.
    • As was already said, please revert to portal size of 7. 5 slots means your average groups should be around 4 people (because otherwise you encounter portal some solo went in and wait 10 minutes). I don't think some of pve content there can even be consumed by 4 people proper

Something needs to be done to chest respawn rate. Mobs spawn much faster than bosses do, and you still don't have to clear whole site (you have to on smallest sites, former blue and big green - only main room)
    • Schmellow wrote:

As was already said, please revert to portal size of 7. 5 slots means your average groups should be around 4 people (because otherwise you encounter portal some solo went in and wait 10 minutes). I don't think some of pve content there can even be consumed by 4 people proper

Something needs to be done to chest respawn rate. Mobs spawn much faster than bosses do, and you still don't have to clear whole site (you have to on smallest sites, former blue and big green - only main room)
      Now there are almost no reasons to go solo to roads. Well, you can use it as travel path to random black zones and thats all.
    • Schmellow wrote:

Not only it takes ~3 hours for the yellow boss chests to respawn. Since yellow boss chests offer barely any decent group loot, they also need to upgrade, which is another ~5 hours. Often, these yellow bosses/chests taken by solo players, at the end, there's nothing for groups to do.

I believe the yellow chests should respawn super fast, orange should be the same as yellow was before (~3 hours),
    • Rokov wrote:

Schmellow wrote:

As was already said, please revert to portal size of 7. 5 slots means your average groups should be around 4 people (because otherwise you encounter portal some solo went in and wait 10 minutes). I don't think some of pve content there can even be consumed by 4 people proper

Now there are almost no reasons to go solo to roads. Well, you can use it as travel path to random black zones and thats all.
      Well yeah, travelers. And tbf roads are still ok for solo gatherers, even better now that logoff scouts got eliminated. Never saw so much olds and ancients before as i see now every day. Either way you still constantly gonna deal with partially depleted portals. 2-3 spent slots is common occurence. Limiting to 5 max is a major step back
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

This makes no sense whatsoever. Lowering it from 7 to 6 was bad enough but to make content more "exclusive" by lowering it to 5 will just ensure that most guilds won't want to go out as they're excluding too many people from content.

Imagine a guild with 50 members, they have two blue portals from their HO zone in the roads. Only 10 people can do content out of the roads at one time during that day. Really strange change by the devs.

Edit: We already have enough 5-man content in the game. HCE, Arena, Crystal League, Hellgates. And now Roads too? Why.... Just why?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MarkFoxx ().