Testserver Patch Notes - Beyond the Veil Patch 1

• either the devs are extremely out of touch or they simply want the roads gone. No one wants this change nor does it do ANYTHING positive for the player base. Absolute insanity. 6 was already a shit change which players have been complaining about so your solution is to double down and go to 5????
    • 1. Why change the portal charges to match anything when its unwanted and unnecessary?
      2. Why change bear paws when again unwanted and unnecessary?
      3. Stop enforcing meta style content when its already abundant (mists, corrupteds, hellgates etc.).

Leave the roads alone at just 7 man portals and give small scale content seekers an option.
    • Why are you targeting bear paws? The only axe with any mobility and they aren't even broken or even over tuned by any stretch of the imagination. They see limited use as it is outside of specific content.

How about you buff some spears for once or did you forget they were in the game?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Aelitus: blinded by my own anger ().

• As someone who has has spent thousands of hours in roads, PLEASE do not reduce the number of charges, if anything revert it back to 7 (no 1 asked for it to be reduced to 6), and make charges pop up faster. How can we maintain a roads guild if we can only have parties of 4-5?!.

Furthermore, as someone who has played thousands of hours of Bloodletter, PLEASE don't do:

Daggers
      • Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter)
        • Hitting a player below 40% Health no longer increases the cooldown rate
        • Instead, hitting a player below 40% now reduces the ability cooldown by 40% (other slot cooldowns are no longer affected
      This is a pretty big buff to BL in group content (as well as mists), which is not needed. What BL needs is to bring back old chainslash/reduce Q mana costs, so that its again viable in 1v1 content. No one asked for a buff to BL in group content, what will happen is this will make BL even more popular, leading to a nerf in the future.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Deadlus ().

• MarkFoxx wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Reduced number of players allowed through each Roads portal from 6 to 5, but decreased portal charge-up time from 600 to 500 seconds
      This makes no sense whatsoever. Lowering it from 7 to 6 was bad enough but to make content more "exclusive" by lowering it to 5 will just ensure that most guilds won't want to go out as they're excluding too many people from content.
      Imagine a guild with 50 members, they have two blue portals from their HO zone in the roads. Only 10 people can do content out of the roads at one time during that day. Really strange change by the devs.

Edit: We already have enough 5-man content in the game. HCE, Arena, Crystal League, Hellgates. And now Roads too? Why.... Just why?

As a 5v5 player i think its fine 5v5 pvp is way more balansed and with all the new anti oneshot added it will make roade fight much more intresting. And rewors good play more. What you also need to remember is that roade hideout are ment for small guilds. And the 10 man portals will be there as well. I will agre tho that there shud allways be 3 open portals 2 road and rade zone all the time.
    • I don't think I have any feedback to add that hasn't already been brought up, but, I was wondering if perhaps we could hear the intent behind these changes? I feel as though this patch has had an exceptional amount of adjustments to the game compared to previous content releases, and the community seems to be confused about why those changes are taking place. It would be nice to hear the thought process behind everything.
    • Deadlus wrote:

As someone who has has spent thousands of hours in roads, PLEASE do not reduce the number of charges, if anything revert it back to 7 (no 1 asked for it to be reduced to 6), and make charges pop up faster. How can we maintain a roads guild if we can only have parties of 4-5?!.

Furthermore, as someone who has played thousands of hours of Bloodletter, PLEASE don't do:

Daggers
        • Instead, hitting a player below 40% now reduces the ability cooldown by 40% (other slot cooldowns are no longer affected
      This is a pretty big buff to BL in group content (as well as mists), which is not needed. What BL needs is to bring back old chainslash/reduce Q mana costs, so that its again viable in 1v1 content. No one asked for a buff to BL in group content, what will happen is this will make BL even more popular, leading to a nerf in the future.
      good to see ya again bud. Hopefully they hear out those of us who actually play the roads regularly
    • I dont understand the nerf to the Bear Paw E Range either. They are neither OP nor heavily played in the Mists atm, not like Badons or Bracers. Not hitting your E is already a pretty harsh penalty because of the long Cooldown. And if you are using the E as an escape Tool you are not hitting anything, so the range nerf is absolutely uncalled for.
      If this goes through almost every other Gap closing weapon has more range and better Cooldowns too. Bloodletter, Mace, Bracers, Double Bladed, 1H Spear, Carving and Dual Swords have all more Range and/or betters Cooldowns...

The post was edited 3 times, last by FutureBV ().

• Hang on, I think cooldown rate and cooldown reduction needs some clarification. Doesn't rate mean how quickly a cd timer goes down and cd reduction mean the base cd it starts counting from? So this is really a nerf, not a buff? Idk I play 0 hours BL so I'm probably wrong but it's really poor communication if increased cdr is a good thing in one scenario but also increased cdr is a bad thing in another.

Deadlus wrote:

Daggers

• witchwork wrote:

Hang on, I think cooldown rate and cooldown reduction needs some clarification. Doesn't rate mean how quickly a cd timer goes down and cd reduction mean the base cd it starts counting from? So this is really a nerf, not a buff? Idk I play 0 hours BL so I'm probably wrong but it's really poor communication if increased cdr is a good thing in one scenario but also increased cdr is a bad thing in another.

Deadlus wrote:

Daggers

Currently when u execute some1 below 40%, all ur spells gain a 90% cooldown rate for 1sec. The change would make it so that instead of 90% cooldown rate for all spells for 1 sec, ur E (execute) will have its cooldown reduced by a flat 40%, so instead of 30secs, 18 seconds. At least that's how i read it. this is a huge buff, meaning as long as u only execute players under 40%, ur E cooldown is essentailly 18 seconds (lower with food). I've played BL for 3 years and its my favorite weapon and even I'm saying its too big a buff.
    • Bear paws nerf is silly IMO and I don't have any spec in axes... This seems like a lot of knee-jerk reaction changes, blood letter nerf just because its the noob-killer weapon? There's a reason why nobody uses bloodletter in CDs anymore, because it isn't good in a 1v1. None of the 8.3 BL players are killing any other meta 8.3 builds, I have yet to see it on any of their ledgers.

I know lots of people are bitching about frost shot, it still doesn't cover as much ground as the other high mobility weapons. It's good for kiting, but that requires you to be landing the slow and not get cancelled. Seems to me like you are nerfing the whole bow line just because Badon bow is broken.

Fist nerf, yeah I can see that... fists are just broken as hell.
    • 5 man portal brings it inline with the brecilien drop portal and opens it up to proper balancing from the 5v5 meta. It also connects the 5v5 instanced content to the rest of the game for once.
      Everyone complaining is just worried that it's very unlikely they'll be able to outnumber anyone with the default group size in roads being 5.

Everyone wants separate metas everywhere but in result you just get 10 different metas in a bunch of unconnected content and none of them are any good.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CLogo ().

• CLogo wrote:

5 man portal brings it inline with the brecilien drop portal and opens it up to proper balancing from the 5v5 meta. It also connects the 5v5 instanced content to the rest of the game for once.
      Everyone complaining is just worried that it's very unlikely they'll be unable to outnumber anyone with the default group size in roads being 5.

Everyone wants separate metas everywhere but in result you just get 10 different metas in a bunch of unconnected content and none of them are any good.
      1. Why change something that worked fine and nobody complained about? Why lower it down to 5 instead of keeping it 7 as it was? Please explain.
      2. Instanced content is instanced content, you got hgs & crystals. Feel free to bring 5 man party to roads too, nobody said you aren't allowed. I'd say most parties I've met over the 2 year playtime there wasn't a full 7 man.
      3. That's what made it so good, it's different from 5s & other instanced content, also in theory not zergy like open world where everyone just brings double/triple their numbers to run over opponents.
      4. This is gonna kill the roads even more, that's why we are all complaining. Most of people I saw here giving feedback are from roads guilds.
      5. There is simple solution to outnumbering & bringing more than 7 people into roads. Add small scale disarray - for every member above designed party size (7), you get cc and damage reduced. Very simple, yet effective.

6. Reducing it to 5 and lowering charge time will result in exact opposite of what you think will happen - people will wait those couple minutes to bring in more just to guarantee their win.
      7. If you come across raid zone as a 5 man party there is no way you can fight with party of ~15-20, unless you are inting.

I think that's enough explanation needed for the 5 man charge being a good decision.

Cheers
    • I still don’t get it who said we want 5 man portals did SBI took ideas from hell gates players?
      no one wants to roam anymore 6 man charges killing the content in the roads now it’s 5
      Plus 3 man party’s can take a gold chest easily basically the raid portals are useless instead make it 8 or 10 charges for blue portals the update got a lot of big guilds on the roads who wants to do small scale
      Raid portals aren’t spawning 5 days not a single gold portal
      - get back the old chests this new chests are really trash no loot and it’s like hours to get upgraded
      -more gold portals spawns between hideouts
    • 5 man portals are an idiotic idea and will ruin the roads. 6 man portals are tolerable, but 7 man portals were better. Half the time even with the 7 man you end up having to hold off fighting another group or fight a man down because there is usually a charge taken off already and one of your teammates is cucked on the portal. Also 5 mans make it even harder for more than one group be able to roam from same roads HO zone especially if there is no back chains or the non existent raid zones (rarely seen them) . With 7 man and even 6 man, you can have parties or 3 or even solo roams without affecting your other guild mates, but when reducing it even more will make it worse.

I would prefer the portals to go back to 7mans.
    • As a roads small-scale guy this change breaks my heart. We are currently dealing with the 7 to 6 charge change and it is tolerable, but going to 5 just kills most comps and creates a lot of new issues. Most of all this leads us to the very toxic 5v5 comps no one on the roads wants to deal with. Keep it in Hellgates. Maybe poll your roads community before doing something like this. Ideally we go back to 7 man blue portals.
    • Reduced number of players allowed through each Roads portal from 6 to 5, but decreased portal charge-up time from 600 to 500 seconds

Seriously.. everybody who i spoke with hated the 6 man portal nerf. now you nerf it even more? who are the people you talk with when it comes to getting roads feedback.
      we don't want even less portal charges.

- bring back 7 man portal chargers.
      - give us 100% uptime on a raid portal from the hideouts.. seriously how the hell are you supposed to play in the roads from a zone with 8 hideouts where there is a SINGLE 5 man portal?
      - increase the minimum amount of possible connections from hideout zones / raid areas (to increase conflict )
      - add golden cores only to the big raid zones & make them spawn on set timers (make sure multiple hideout zones have access to said core.)

I'm totally fine with there being "small" roads if there is an alternative road to take for the bigger groups.
      instead we are nearly always stuck behind these small gates to try and funnel into the larger gates.

We often have no raid portal to even go into making our hideout zone more of a safe zone dungeon grinding hub then anything else...
      The roads needs more conflict over rewards. it's unhealthy for the game that i can just pop dungeons in a safe zone because the only way in is permanently on cooldown because it's a single 5 man portal.
      ign: tride

Try whatever tricks you want. I’ll just straight up kill you and resolve the issue once and for all.
    • Are roads not meant to be played as the primary activity of a guild? We saw hideout zones and cores and raid connections in the dev talk and on live we are not playing out of the hideout we placed in advance of this update.

My guild moved into the roads with the idea that we would have 20 man portals connecting us to other hideout zones to contest cores, lucrative chests, and lucrative gathering objectives. On live I have a single 6 man portal.

How do we play out of the roads when we built a hideout to get access to the deep zones but we don’t get the connections?

We haven’t had a single encounter that resembled the contested raid zones from the dev talks.

There is a huge mismatch between what the dev talks described that got the playerbase hyped and what the update delivered and what the communication from SBI suggests is going to happen.

This whole update was a big let down on what was really not a ton of changes to the roads. Road Guilds want to see raid connections that give them a reason to mass beyond the blue portal cap (currently 6). Road Guilds want rewarding content to contest so that the roads actually are populated with fight teams.

What should guilds that don’t aspire to hold Outland territory do? The deep roads seemed to be a place where a single party Zerg could fight over a raid zone and extract tons of loot. Now the deep roads feel more like an inconvenient place to live because the content just doesn’t exist.