[25. November 2022] Beyond the Veil Hotfix 3

• [25. November 2022] Beyond the Veil Hotfix 3

Beyond the Veil Hotfix 3

Mists Reward Increases

• Increased the number of enchanted Wisps in the Mists by ~100%
      • Mythical creatures now spawn in all enchanted Mists regions instead of only higher-tier enchanted Mists regions, increasing their availability by +440% overall
      • Mists Mob Camps:
        • Doubled requirements and rewards of mob camp objectives in the Mists
        • Doubled the spawn rate of mobs in mob camps (average of 180s → 90s)
        • Mob camps in Lethal Mists now award Might and Favor
      • Smaller versions of Crystal Spiders, “Arcane Spiderlings,” will now spawn within the Mists
        • These mobs are marked on the map and award Might, Favor, and loot like the larger versions
        • These mobs do not award credit toward Guild Might Levels for “Crystal Spiders”
      Mists Mount Changes
      • If a player dismounts in the Solo Mists near other players that are in PvP combat or have recently been in PvP combat, they will receive a 10s ability cooldown rather than a 5s ability cooldown. Details:
        • If you dismount next to a hostile player that attacked or has been attacked by another player in the last 20s, you get the long Hostile Dismount Cooldown
        • When this occurs a larger, brighter exclamation point will be visible to help communicate the longer cooldown
        • This occurs in the Solo Mists only, and does not affect duo/Greater Mists
      • Mount Health Cap in Solo Mists: 1200 → 900 (Mount Health Cap in duo/Greater Mists is unchanged)
      Roads of Avalon Changes
      • The protection radius of mob camp Treasures in the Roads of Avalon has been increased so that more mobs must be defeated before the chest unlocks
      • Increased the spawn frequency of Hideout Power Cores in the Roads of Avalon by 15%
      • Increased the decay time of Hideout Power Cores and Territory Energy Crystals from 15 minutes to 30 minutes (this change is global)
      Other Changes
      • “Unstable Roads” are now guaranteed to spawn in all enchanted Mists to offer more opportunities for players to find their way back to the Royal Continent from Brecilien
      • Fixed an issue where Stone Block recipes that return 8 Stone Blocks used enchantment level 2 Stone instead of enchantment level 3 Stone

Known Issue: Name text for Arcane Spiderlings and three entries in the “Personal Season Stats” of the Conqueror’s Challenge are missing and will be added in a patch in the near future

Note for iOS users: as a client-side hotfix is not currently available for iOS, some changes may not be available to iOS users until the launch of Patch 1. The older version of the game will remain compatible.
    • Kokosmilch wrote:

Great changes, thank you SBI
      actually no - changes are necessary. The issues was known before.

Thank you for nothing except after several complaints and non playability finally doing a part of your job as a vendor.

And I am not sorry for this because the feedback for all this things was on test for a month.

That's why I say finally partially addressed.
    • Sounds good. Now we only need an IP Cap and that content would be playable.

Trial_hard wrote:

Kokosmilch wrote:

actually no - changes are necessary. The issues was known before.
      Thank you for nothing except after several complaints and non playability finally doing a part of your job as a vendor.

And I am not sorry for this because the feedback for all this things was on test for a month.

I guess you have to say that as "content creator".
      Stolzer WC Enten Reiniger
    • Piraterer wrote:

Sounds good. Now we only need an IP Cap and that content would be playable.

Trial_hard wrote:

Kokosmilch wrote:

actually no - changes are necessary. The issues was known before.Thank you for nothing except after several complaints and non playability finally doing a part of your job as a vendor.

I guess you have to say that as "content creator".
      True, that's why I made a 20mins video complaining about it.
    • Glad to see these changes, thank you!
      Hopefully they help my feelings on the following -
      Excluding static objectives I must say that spawned objectives like chests and wisps to pull players together seem to be too rare.
      Hopping mists also feels like backfilling an already farmed mist 95% of the time. Everything is usually gone.
      With not much to gather, and not much to fight over I wish I got fame for enjoying the scenery :\

Update:
      Spiders do help with objective rotation/frequency. I'd personally like to see more objectives so maybe we get some smaller scale fights more often.
      Enchanted wisps still feel non existent but they can be alright once you do find them. Enchantment rates feel unrewarding across the board.

The party size cap makes the mists a great addition to albion. All in all they're pretty fun. I think you guys are mostly on the right track in focusing on this type of content. From me to everyone who helped with this content, thank you.
      Great moves. Keep it up. I'm proud of you.

The post was edited 7 times, last by Atziri ().

• Great changes, I personally think power cores need to be increased more then 15% but I get they do not want to flood the game with them or then HO zones are super ez to control with dummy guilds. I think if there blue/purple/legendary spawned you should be able to hover the portal and see it listed.. (only if spawned and still locked). if active then obv not. this would kinda give some similar feeling to being able to see it on the map
    • SirRusty wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

Yeah because the game doesn't have enough content with IP-caps already.People don't want to go into mists to fight people in t6 like what happened with Hellgate rework.
      At the moment Mists is a rat place or a 8.3 gucci no risk Show. Its not playable for New players.

I personally dont care. But its instanced content and it is a farming Simulator for rich players right now.
    • Piraterer wrote:

SirRusty wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

Yeah because the game doesn't have enough content with IP-caps already.People don't want to go into mists to fight people in t6 like what happened with Hellgate rework.
      At the moment Mists is a rat place or a 8.3 gucci no risk Show. Its not playable for New players.
      I personally dont care. But its instanced content and it is a farming Simulator for rich players right now.
      Well thats a lie, i died twice yesterday in 8.3 gear because the t6 people teamed up against me, if you want IP caps go play in CDs, This is open world and there are no IP caps in OPEN WORLD content!
    • Yeah, i've seen multiple 8.3 people being chased by T6's. Cause they like get the big dude then figure out who wins between us, or maybe they super nice and split it.

I've also seen multiple 8.3 fighting each other and T6's join in... i don't see this being an issue.. feel like more of a duo mist problem where 8.3X + 8.3 healer with spec is very hard to stop as you see them fight 2vX in open world already in here it's a cake walk for them. However it is what it is, don't fight them.
    • MrCocoMacoStick wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

SirRusty wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

At the moment Mists is a rat place or a 8.3 gucci no risk Show. Its not playable for New players.I personally dont care. But its instanced content and it is a farming Simulator for rich players right now.
      Well thats a lie, i died twice yesterday in 8.3 gear because the t6 people teamed up against me, if you want IP caps go play in CDs, This is open world and there are no IP caps in OPEN WORLD content!
      Got you. See. 8.3 no risk, massive reward in Mists.
      Just watch Solo Streamers abusing it right now.
      If you die in 8.3 you are very Bad. With the new 20 seconds its nearly impossible to kill an 8.3 or "team up".

SBI urgently need to fix it or they will loose their new playerbase.

Make no IP Cap in Legendary Mists.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piraterer ().

• Piraterer wrote:

MrCocoMacoStick wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

SirRusty wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

At the moment Mists is a rat place or a 8.3 gucci no risk Show. Its not playable for New players.I personally dont care. But its instanced content and it is a farming Simulator for rich players right now.
      Got you. See. 8.3 no risk, massive reward in Mists.Just watch Solo Streamers abusing it right now.
      If you die in 8.3 you are very Bad. With the new 20 seconds its nearly impossible to kill an 8.3 or "team up".

Comedian
    • Pay2WinGame wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

MrCocoMacoStick wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

SirRusty wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

Got you. See. 8.3 no risk, massive reward in Mists.Just watch Solo Streamers abusing it right now.If you die in 8.3 you are very Bad. With the new 20 seconds its nearly impossible to kill an 8.3 or "team up".

Comedian
      who actually watch these streamers? you must have nothing to do to watch noobs on 8.3 killing 6 flat players
      thats why no one supports this game for real, 200k daily active players to less than 0,6% of it enjoy the content that the own game produces.

"Sometimes I really care, sometimes I really don't"
    • You guys use the argument that the mist was on the server test and that´s couldn´t have any mistakes.... shame on you.

You forgot that the test server is not the real server and things there don´t work the same way as the live server. It doesnt have a real economy, real players, real interaction. People went there to see the new item, the design, the mobs.

So, the rates have to be adjust to the live server, and they are doing it everyday...

Nice work of the game devs team. Everyday has a patch trying to balance it and make it better, its a lot of data they have to check.
    • Piraterer wrote:

tell the community you are so bad at this game without telling them that you suck playing Albion online.

Higher tier gear would need more kills from lower tier gear people just to recoup the cost, much less get profit.

It is a choice, don't force people to play corrupted like builds in an open world environment. That is so dumb.

If you can't buy high tier gear, don't focus on PVP content. Maybe somethings wrong with your economy. Go be a slave and join arch to be rich pepega.

You are a CLOWN. Just stop.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NeverLied ().

• NeverLied wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

tell the community you are so bad at this game without telling them that you suck playing Albion online.
      Higher tier gear would need more kills from lower tier gear people just to recoup the cost, much less get profit.

It is a choice, don't force people to play corrupted like builds in an open world environment. That is so dumb.

If you can't buy high tier gear, don't focus on PVP content. Maybe somethings wrong with your economy. Go be a slave and join arch to be rich pepega.

You are a CLOWN. Just stop.
      What? Dont play PvP in a PvP Game? You are serious?
      Let new players Participate stop 8.3 or even worse 8.4 abuse outside of ZvZ in content for every player (not only rich players.)
      If you are a good player you dont need 8.3 to kill T6 players.
      Set IP Caps in instanced Environment like Mists.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piraterer ().

• there are two ways to drop big updates
      1) you make everything to good, because you really want people to like it. Then realize you killed the rest of the content in your game (see first roads release or big open world update for fame).
      2) you make stuff underwhelming but lay a good foundation

fall out from option 1 - you have to nerf stuff and people get mad cause no one likes losing things
      fall out from option 2 - you buff stuff slowly and people are happy you are listening and even happier the content gets better.

option 3 - we made it perfect (is not realistic)

fact is mists and roads changes are a good foundation and they are actually listening and slowly increase rewards and creating a better environment without going overboard and then having to reel it back. Test server does exist but they are not a true test case, cause everyone running around in 8.4 full spec with 0 gear fear and do not care if they die. also there no way to see economic impact on the test server for that and many other reasons.

As long as they make incremental changes, i believe this is the smarter way to release content