Message to a majority of Ranked Crystal Arena players

• Message to a majority of Ranked Crystal Arena players

New

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” That witticism—I'll call it “Einstein Insanity”— Albert Einstein.

The man wasn't joking either. Let's see when it comes to the arena...

Not attacking the healer: You can call it in chat, and you can mark an icon above their heads but yet your team still for whatever reason just doesn't focus on the healer.

Not protecting the healer: Just as your team won't attack the enemy healer, they also won't defend their own healer. It's a bit difficult winning matches without one so you would think you would want them protected... Best part too if you play a healer with a team like this they'll blame you for their death after you die 4vs1.

Not capturing points: Point capturing is a big part of the arena now than it used to be. Yet for whatever reason ppl will just bum rush the enemy team to their home point and half the time don't even cap. Your team currently 3 capped? That's ok because they'll just fight outside the home base, and don't even bother trying to back cap or take pressure off the home base.

Solo mentality: Most players don't work together and they just use solo builds.

Children calling others children: Hilarious IMO and this is a problem throughout the entire gaming world not just Albion...,

Toxicity: I'm considered toxic but yet these idiots are way worse than I've ever been. Here's an example and FYI we lost the match by only 5 pts....

Seems like every match it's the same thing over and over again. The majority of players in the arena are either completely insane, stupid AF, or both... Go touch grass FFS you disgusting, sweaty, uber dorks...
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka TheSimpCCSwiper

The post was edited 3 times, last by Jerek ().

• New

I played healer a in ranked and yes toxicity is the worst there. It's way more sane to go alone and get ganked by 30 ppl than playing with those people.

Most of the time my teammates had zero to none actual pvp experience outside of yellow zone and arenas. They evaded all my heals (had to switch to the subpar focused healing or nature healing to compensate their need to dodge heals). I was constantly bashed for not running around pursuing every Rambo teammate that wanted to kill all enemies by himself even in their spawn point.

Worst of all? If I got focused by the enemies they didn't only abandon me, they got angry for me getting killed in 5-1. Lol insults weren even after the match, i got pretty bad poison texts even midnights.

If you not gonna respect, protect and return to your healer when low health, you don't know how to pvp. If you insult him you deserve not to be healed for the rest of the match.
    • New

Jerek wrote:

Not attacking the healer: You can call it in chat, and you can mark an icon above their heads but yet your team still for whatever reason just doesn't focus on the healer.

Not protecting the healer: Just as your team won't attack the enemy healer, they also won't defend their own healer. It's a bit difficult winning matches without one so you would think you would want them protected... Best part too if you play a healer with a team like this they'll blame you for their death after you die 4vs1.
      I just want to point out that focusing the healer isn’t always the best strategy, if you play a lot of 5v5 content or watch how good teams play, you would see that you can only focus dive the healer if you have the right team composition. Which in arena when playing without a premade 5man team, is basically never. If you have no tank to lock a healer down and the right DPS to burst them any healer worth their salt will just kite you around while their DPS a free to unload on you. And then because most random DPS players in arena are smooth brains, they don’t come back to their own healer for heals, forcing healers to come out of position and dying.

I agree with you on caps though, it grinds my gears when random teams try to push for three caps or push the enemy team to their tent for no reason while a rat caps two points behind us.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254