Beyond the Veil Development Update

• Beyond the Veil Development Update

Hello everyone!

As it’s now been a couple of days since our last post, we wanted to give you an update on what we’re currently working on. As you’re aware, we’ve already been rolling out improvements for the Mists throughout the week to improve rewards and allow players to leave the Mists more quickly, and to improve some basic mechanics such as removing zerg bubbles and protecting PvP loot for the killer.

We really appreciate the feedback we’ve received from you so far. We’re now approaching the limit of what we can do with quick server-side updates, so our next update will be coming tomorrow (November 25th) in the form of a client-side patch. Here’s an overview of what you can expect:

Further Reward Increases

Wisp Enchantment Rates

The enchantment rates of Wisps in the Mists aren’t meeting our projected goals, so we’ll be roughly doubling the enchantment rates of Wisps found within the Mists.

Mythical Mobs

We’re also giving Mythical Mobs a chance to spawn in all enchanted Mists, rather than just higher tier enchanted Mists as they do now. In conjunction with the above enchantment rate change, this should increase their frequency by +440%.

Mob Camps

Mob camps in the Mists will now take twice as long to clear to create a bit more stickiness for player traffic. Additionally, the mobs there will spawn twice as fast as they did before since more of them will be required to complete the mob camp’s objective. These objectives now also award some Might and Favor upon completion.

Arcane Spiderlings

“Arcane Spiderlings” will be making their way into the Mists to generate another point of interest to kill, fight over, and loot. You can expect the same things from these as you would from Crystal Spiders in the open world (Might, Favor, and loot), but these smaller versions will not advance Guild Might Levels for Crystal Spiders.

Mounts

Dismount Cooldown

In the Solo Mists it’s currently very safe to just stay on a mount next to other players. This enables the mounted player to stay close to other players that are in combat with each other. This strategy discourages engagements, as the combatants fear the mounted player will dismount to attack the winner.

To combat this, we’ll be extending the dismount timer to 10 seconds if you dismount near players that are in combat with one another or have been within the last 20 seconds.

This change only applies to Solo Mists.

Mount Health Decrease and a Note on Mount Armor

To further combat the security of Mounts, we’ll also be reducing the mount health cap to 900. While we are fully aware that mount armor is an issue as well, capping mount armor is a bit more difficult and we’ll have to address this in a later patch. This is coming, though, as we continue to tone down mounts that are meant to be durable for Open World gameplay but prove to be far too durable for Mists gameplay.

Other Mists Changes

Unstable Roads Portals in the Mists (not Brecilien!)

We’ve noticed that some players are having trouble finding their way back to the Royal Continent through the Mists themselves. To help combat this, we’ve changed enchanted regions in the Mists to always guarantee an “Unstable Roads” portal. The Unstable Roads portals in the Mists, which disclose their destination should you get close enough, are capable of teleporting players anywhere in Albion - including back to the Royal Continent.

We’ll continue to monitor travel to and from Brecilien as there are further changes we’d like to make to this in the future.

Roads of Avalon

Treasure Protection Radius

We’ve seen many complaints about Treasures in the Roads being too easily looted by a single player who skips most of the camp and kills only the boss protecting the chest. To address this we will extend the protection radius to encompass a larger portion of the camp.

While we’d like to extend this even further, doing so would likely result in the inclusion of roaming mobs outside of the camp so we’ll be working on a more permanent solution in the near future. The long-term intention is to include most (if not all) of the camp, while preventing the consequence of pulling in mobs that are not associated with the camp.

Roads Hideout Grace Periods and Power Cores

With the Grace Period of Roads Hideouts expiring soon, Hideouts and Headquarters within the Roads will start taking damage soon. To address feedback that cores have been too difficult to find, we’ve increased the amount of cores spawning in the Roads of Avalon by 15%, while also extending the time they take to decay from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.

High-Value Dungeons within the Roads

We’ve heard your feedback about the High-Value dungeons within the Roads. While we are planning on bringing back the high rewards of persistent Group Dungeons and Avalonian Dungeons within the Roads, this will take a bit more time so we’ll restore these in a patch in the very near future.

Thank you again for all your feedback, and we look forward to getting all of these changes to you very soon!

- The Albion Online Team
    • Hopefully with these changes the Mists should be in a much more stable state where a majority of the playerbase happy and the average player leaving the mists with something of value, whether it be through might and favor, loot, or some value of fame and standing. Gathering still seems to be meh but i haven't hit a T7-T8 enchanted mists as most of the nodes are at 1 tick, but the resource mobs tend to be full which seems to be the trade-off.

The Roads of Avalon seem to still need some addressing however I have not been out there so I'd like someone of the community to give more insight.

Thank you for your continued efforts, I'm hoping that the early release didn't affect the progress you were making to put the cherry on top with the commander coming. I'd wait until 2023 to have it full fleshed out, once all of this is finished I'd like for the team to take a well deserved break.
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love:
    • They all sound like great changes, it's odd to actually see the things we say happen as normally as a small group/solo player the content not focus'd on us, this has been a breath of fresh air in terms of feedback from developers.

I'm not sure if a 15% increase will be enough for cores, however i get they don't want to flood the roads since then holding a whole zone with fake placeholder HO's will be to ez. I think they need to find a way to allow you to hover over a portal and it should say if next zone has rare or epic/legendary objectives similar to how you can see certain things 1 or 2 zones a way. Even if it was just connecting zone only for everything over common (green/small) it would be a great help
    • Mists Patch fixes are looking promising.

Roads are still abysmal.

15%? That surely could not have been deliberated on. sounds like a conservative initial thought or starting point. 40-50% is what is needed to make it worth any guilds to go hunt for cores in or around the zone. the spawn rate is abysmal. A 15% buff is negligible. Please fix the roads.

The HO Craft nerf to Roads HO was also entirely senseless. You punished those with long sanding in the roads and now we must obtain 4 to 5 levels just to return to what was once baseline. The roads update was supposed to refresh and add to the roads not to take away. The Bosses and new Mobs littered through roads is a welcome change so well done. in contrast the lack of overworld mobs, poor chest spawn rates at mob camps, awful power core mechanics and spawn rates as well as crystal spiders and nerfed loot is making the roads feel worse than ever. hope to see changes soon.
    • @Nesnes
      thanks for the update
      it looks promising

Please carefully watch drop rates of mythical creatures
      while they should be common enough because you cannot craft them
      they should not be too common to preserve their value

i hope to see more updates on addressing roads after this
      because Loot for Roads is worst then before the update

thanks for the dev team for working overtime for us players
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • Nesnes wrote:

Mythical Mobs

We’re also giving Mythical Mobs a chance to spawn in all enchanted Mists, rather than just higher tier enchanted Mists as they do now. In conjunction with the above enchantment rate change, this should increase their frequency by +440%.
      Can you clarify this?

The way you word it - suggests that previously Mythical Mobs only spawned in higher tier enchanted Mists (so they didnt spawn in Common/Uncommon Mists zones)

Because if that is true ..... that's very disappointing considering how many hours players have wasted searching for these in Common zones.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Nesnes wrote:

Mounts

Dismount Cooldown

In the Solo Mists it’s currently very safe to just stay on a mount next to other players. This enables the mounted player to stay close to other players that are in combat with each other. This strategy discourages engagements, as the combatants fear the mounted player will dismount to attack the winner.

To combat this, we’ll be extending the dismount timer to 10 seconds if you dismount near players that are in combat with one another or have been within the last 20 seconds.

This change only applies to Solo Mists
      i feel like the longer cooldown for the 3rd party dismount should be at least 15 seconds to give peope who just killed someone and are very vulnurable a chance to mount up because hitting someone (including final blows) puts your mount on cooldown for 10 seconds (iirc).
    • Can you also do something about chest and spider spawn rates in roads? my guild runs roads all day, in 3 days of running around 3+ hours we've seen 3 spiders only, and rarely any chests, and the ones we do see are always small. Appreciate you giving a shit about roads though :)
    • Deadlus wrote:

Karu wrote:

if you guys don't want people to play in the roads, just bluntly say it so atleast we aren't confused lol.
      Don't be so negative dude... did it take them forever to do something with roads? yes. did they fuck it up? yes. but at least they're trying lol
      I'd argue that's debatable lol. They are adding back in loot bonus after removing it (and that's gonna apparently take time to do) and making a chest semi protected...which is less than the rest of the game and is a problem that was fixed forever ago lol.
    • Karu wrote:

Deadlus wrote:

Karu wrote:

if you guys don't want people to play in the roads, just bluntly say it so atleast we aren't confused lol.
      Don't be so negative dude... did it take them forever to do something with roads? yes. did they fuck it up? yes. but at least they're trying lol
      I'd argue that's debatable lol. They are adding back in loot bonus after removing it (and that's gonna apparently take time to do) and making a chest semi protected...which is less than the rest of the game and is a problem that was fixed forever ago lol.
      I guess i'm just happy they're doing something, i had come to the conclusion that they were happy with roads being just a transport route for bz players..
    • @Nesnes thank you for sharing the patch update and these changes look very good.

There is one thing I did not see on these lists of changes which I believe SBI thinks is fixed but is not. There are inconsistencies in mob fame, even outside of mobs camps that are nowhere near these camps, where mob fame values are too low. I would recommend a review of the mobs that are currently roaming in the mists and ensure that they are all giving the fame they should.

I don't have a clip for you, but multiple times during my stream today I pointed out the fame inconsistencies, and even though this seems like a small thing, the fame value for those fame farming is significantly off from the fame one would find in the open world for fighting the same mobs. The patch that increased fame did not adequately address these shortcomings because of the erroneous fame values that certain mobs are giving.

Other than that, things are looking up for the Mists!

Kind Regards,

Blackboa
      Kind Regards,

MavrosBoa (Blackboa)

The post was edited 1 time, last by AO365 ().

• It is also necessary to consider that there are few new mobs roaming in the mists, and in return there are many mobs of morgana, heretic and undead.
      My opinion would be to leave only the camps with the common mobs and populate the rest of the mists with the new creatures like the Viel of power and owl. We would have a better feeling of being in a wild world inhabited by wild creatures.