What's the point.

• What's the point.

So after reading quite a few official and unofficial threads on forum, I'm realy starting to wonder what even is the point of "beta testing" new patches. I've been play testing few patches, this one is first I also was trying to give feedback, reporting bugs, some of which were fixed, few shouldn't even appear in open test's. I've seen similar thing happen after lands avaken update, where players feedback wasn't taken into consideration.

I'd also say similar think happend to feedback after "density test" of Mists few weeks ago, where ppl were doing exact thing that wouldn't happen on real server which is PvP ONLY. There was very and i mean very few players doing anything else than trying to fight on "quest sites", no gathering, not much PvE (freeing whisps, looking for new bosses ).

So right now I'm really starting to wonder "What's the point" in us spending time on staging server, giving feedback and honestly to me it feels like being ignored.
    • Testing servers are mainly used for marketing purposes. By the time an update gets to the servers, pretty much that's what you're going to get minus a few bug/potential exploit fixes. Never expect massive changes and I'm sure they do take feedback into account for future updates.
      So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!
    • Jojojej wrote:

So after reading quite a few official and unofficial threads on forum, I'm realy starting to wonder what even is the point of "beta testing" new patches. I've been play testing few patches, this one is first I also was trying to give feedback, reporting bugs, some of which were fixed, few shouldn't even appear in open test's. I've seen similar thing happen after lands avaken update, where players feedback wasn't taken into consideration.

I'd also say similar think happend to feedback after "density test" of Mists few weeks ago, where ppl were doing exact thing that wouldn't happen on real server which is PvP ONLY. There was very and i mean very few players doing anything else than trying to fight on "quest sites", no gathering, not much PvE (freeing whisps, looking for new bosses ).

So right now I'm really starting to wonder "What's the point" in us spending time on staging server, giving feedback and honestly to me it feels like being ignored.
      "Giving feedback" does not mean you telling the developers what to do and how to do it. It means you giving an opinion based on your gameplay. They value your opinion but that doesn't mean they implement it. I'm really not sure why you are so confused about this. It is and has been standard procedure in the game industry for decades. Did you just wake up from a coma or something?
    • Spoxxy wrote:

Jojojej wrote:

"Giving feedback" does not mean you telling the developers what to do and how to do it. It means you giving an opinion based on your gameplay. They value your opinion but that doesn't mean they implement it. I'm really not sure why you are so confused about this. It is and has been standard procedure in the game industry for decades. Did you just wake up from a coma or something?
      Did you just wake up from a coma and forget social skills?

Standard procedure, in the video game industry? The only standard procedures in the video game industry are micro transactions and releasing unfinished products, like the mists for example.

Almost every video game developer has different practices when it comes to test servers, and test server feedback, so you coming out with the whole “they all do it like this” comment is just useless, complete utter waste of everyone’s time here, because it’s wrong.
    • Arcanian88 wrote:

Spoxxy wrote:

Jojojej wrote:

Did you just wake up from a coma and forget social skills?
      Standard procedure, in the video game industry? The only standard procedures in the video game industry are micro transactions and releasing unfinished products, like the mists for example.

Almost every video game developer has different practices when it comes to test servers, and test server feedback, so you coming out with the whole “they all do it like this” comment is just useless, complete utter waste of everyone’s time here, because it’s wrong.
      Yeah, the way we give feedback to a developer is pretty much the same across the board in all games, what does micro transactions and have to do with anything? All feedback is valuable but not all of it is useful.

The fact that you neither comprehend nor know about this tells me your social skills are pretty low and you're projecting on an online forum. Stop doing that.

Go out and touch grass, buddy. You definitely need it.
    • Spoxxy wrote:

Arcanian88 wrote:

Spoxxy wrote:

Jojojej wrote:

Did you just wake up from a coma and forget social skills?Standard procedure, in the video game industry? The only standard procedures in the video game industry are micro transactions and releasing unfinished products, like the mists for example.

Yeah, the way we give feedback to a developer is pretty much the same across the board in all games, what does micro transactions and have to do with anything? All feedback is valuable but not all of it is useful.
      The fact that you neither comprehend nor know about this tells me your social skills are pretty low and you're projecting on an online forum. Stop doing that.

Go out and touch grass, buddy. You definitely need it.
      Giving feedback to developers isn’t remotely the same across the video game industry, and you’re full on trolling saying otherwise. Literally pull up any other mmo and you will find a different method of accruing player feedback and implementing player feedback.

What do micro transactions have to do with anything? I literally stated it in my post, did you not read it?

“All feedback is valuable, but not all of it is useful” sounds like a quote from some HR guy that is out of touch with the reality of everyday life for the workers he’s managing. A useless quote that holds no merit or truth, just some words mumbled to sounds profane and intelligent. Bullshit really. It’s also a logical conundrum.
    • Anyone questioning how the mist release occurred really has no understanding of development practices.

Mist was dropped just before December. December and January are considered dead months due to amount of vacation companies deal with. This leaves skeleton crew to support the product.

Mist patch happened to get framework of update in so they could handle big bugs before ppl head on vacation. From there smaller team can handle adjustments and fixes and balance changes.

Once January comes ppl get back start getting into the swing of things and more bugs or internal OKRs are targeted. Then its mid January to late January before you start really diving into the next big thing