Pinned "Beyond the Veil" update. First glance feedback.

• "Beyond the Veil" update. First glance feedback.

New

Hello everyone.

This update was a bit hectic, with unexpected events and plot twists. So not everything is completely polished and works as intended. Obviously, we received a lot of feedback and reports about the new update and its features, so we would like them all to be collected in one place. Please publish all your reports and feedback regarding the new update in this thread to make sure we don't lose any valuable information.

You can find the list of currently known issues in This Thread
      You can also find the list of already applied fixes Here
      and see a detailed explanation for them Here

Thank you for your active participation, you're a great help! With your assistance, we can polish everything in no time! <3

The post was edited 2 times, last by SirisLi ().

• New

Hey!

A good core for solo play, but needs many tweaks.

PVP
      is almost impossible, as soon as you pick a fight and one person dies, you don't have time to pick up loot, all the people on the map come to kill/last hit you (already done )

-blob and skulls must be removed (already done :thumbup: )

-loot unlocked for everyone who tagged a player, we need an anti rat system like in blackzone, 3min timer and loot can only get the person who deals the most dmg.

- mounts are still almost impossible to dismount, armored horse and ox (mounts must be "paper" to fix the stalling game)

- randomize names, googlymoogly for everyone (not so important but would be nice)

- combat balance (gauntlets)

- the less on the map the better, this is for solo after all, let us explore the zone to consume time before the mist closes.

GATHERING
      a little almost non... roaming for 10-15min and you can find flat 6-7 at best, mostly with 1 tick.

- maybe increase the speed of respawn

- The rarity of mist doesn't seem to work, there is no difference between legendary and common except fame from mobs.

- It would be nice if the rarity of the mist was RNG, for now people are lurking for legendary/epic/rare, making legendary/epic/rare common in practice.

PVE
      low fame with almost 0 loot, besides grinding reps there are no rewards and interesting things to fill the free time between gathering-pvp-objectives

- increase fame would be cool

- increase loot by a lot, 1T5 rune is not a good feeling

- more objectives/some chests/bosses after filling the camp bar (give us a goal to do)

This is probably the biggest problems I experienced after 7h of gameplay.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Quagga ().

• New

Roads currently feels like an afterthought. Objectives rarely spawn, roaming mobs practically don't exist, loot is bad, gathering is only giving 1 tick, yellow and green portals still spawning, t8 ava chest was giving 8k fame to 10 people...somehow the roads feels even more empty than before.
    • New

I agree with the above, we need more targets on the map.

From myself I want to add that it is necessary to make portals between mists one-way, because I saw (and did it myself) how people abused the search for a high-tier location, going through all the wisps in a row and going back.
      Mr. Clown
    • New

Imo make this Bracillian rep a resource you can spend on unique items (tomes, rng chests, relics (expensive) (similar to faction warfare) and then make the mists have mini objectives to earn this rep.

Ex, you have 2 already;

1. Clear mob camp defeat the boss, claim the point in the middle (think outposts) when mist closes points get awarded based on who owns it last (king of the hill)
      2. Kill unique boss in the zone (griffin, spider, etc) spawns after a period of time (think world chests)
      3. Run wisp form point A to point B (already in the game)
      4. Map needs to slowly fill with mist at the edges and close in (think lava in hgs) (to add flavor make it come from a random direction every time.
      5. You shouldnt allow people to leave out of any exit on the map, they should be assigned the farthest one away from them where they spawn in (also make it a channel)
      6. I would prefer the zone be more of a maze in certain areas, Im thinking of making 1/4th of the quadrant a maze where you enter from 4 different spots and exit out of the center, but you gotta clear mobs to the center and you cant mount your way to the middle, maybe put the small chests in the center here.

You need to force PVP to "earn" the value from the mists or this content update will fail.

Random thought: Shield protection after executing player allowing people to remount and reposition for next fight

If you want more ideas lmk but you should hire me part time to help haha.
      Ign - Sllice

The post was edited 5 times, last by slizzard ().

• New

slizzard wrote:

Imo make this Bracillian rep a resource you can spend on unique items (tomes, rng chests, relics (expensive) (similar to faction warfare) and then make the mists have mini objectives to earn this rep.

Ex, you have 2 already;

1. Clear mob camp defeat the boss, claim the point in the middle (think outposts) when mist closes points get awarded based on who owns it last (king of the hill)
      2. Kill unique boss in the zone (griffin, spider, etc) spawns after a period of time (think world chests)
      3. Run wisp form point A to point B (already in the game)
      4. Map needs to slowly fill with mist at the edges and close in (think lava in hgs) (to add flavor make it come from a random direction every time.
      5. You shouldnt allow people to leave out of any exit on the map, they should be assigned the farthest one away from them where they spawn in (also make it a channel)

You need to force PVP to "earn" the value from the mists or this content update will fail.

Random thought: Shield protection after executing player allowing people to remount and reposition for next fight
      If you want more ideas lmk but you should hire me part time to help haha.
      why not fully restore all involved people? Boom ratting solved
    • New

Trial_hard wrote:

slizzard wrote:

why not fully restore all involved people? Boom ratting solved
      I think you're on the right track, but to me restoring HP feels like it could hurt the experience because you still want a 4 way or 5 way to break out without the blood letter executing the low health person and then auto winning the skirmish. To me it makes more sense to allow people to reposition for free.
      Ign - Sllice

The post was edited 1 time, last by slizzard ().

• New

Remove the skulls and blob indicators. It just invites everyone to come and interfere/rat a fight. This was supposed to solve solo/duo PvP, but it just ends up you getting sniped after a good fight by someone who followed and dismounted at the end to kill you when you're low.

IP caps might help. An 8.3 usually owns the current mist because no one can take them solo usually.

Add more rewards. Pretty underwhelming from what I've seen.
    • New

Remove the ability to enter Brecilien through non-lethal mists. Make it so that it can still be discovered, just not entered. The reason for this is because in less than a day, the first people to arrive to Brecilien already bought up all the plots and set up t8 plots cheaply because of non-lethal mammoth transport. By making it only enterable through lethals, it's a bigger risk to transport stuff there.

This way, people from non-lethals can still get to Brecilien through fast travel.

Either that, or make a weight cap in non-lethals to prevent mass transport of items through it.
    • New

2/10 ... It has a lot of potential and the new city is nice.

But after 8 hours of mist yesterday i thought the patch was bugged/not fully released.

No actual rewards beside killing the people that went to mist in gucci gears for the hype of it.

Grinding boring PvE for 200 fame / 50 silver per mobs(???) with nothing to really contest or fight for (spider/chests/bosses/nodes/etc..) seems really F useless.

Didn't see any mobs that drop the new artifacts.

Now you basically buff 0 loot by 20%...

And why should open world 20v1 ''content'' be more rewarding than small scale content in the mists/roads? (mostly even # fights)

Open world is just people running around and denying each other content because of number diff. (Territories should also be instanced ZvZ with only adjacent launches for more hyped conquest like it use to be in GvG days)

Anyway this patch is a meme right now and the hype is gonna be over in 1-2 days if it stays like this...

Thanks for working on fixing it.

And please fix the UI too... i think a color code for islands location would be better than adding the town name beside the island name cus now it looks messy af..

The post was edited 5 times, last by Lewke ().

• New

This patch just turned good pvp of 7 ppl group content into 2-3 ppl fame farm field without any rewarding content, you just make roads more empty that it ever be. Idea of bloobing 6 players is just stupid, placing your party on hit cause everybody can see you on the map and if you dont wanna blob u need to change skills for mobs cause most of mobs now are so strong and can just rekt whole party by random skills and there is less rewards than on old roads, cause of spawn rate of chests higher risk cause mobs are crazy and higher risk cause you cant put more utlity in your team cause you have to go as 5 people party. Prepare for fight and cant make a chest or prepare for mobs and cant def yourself.
    • New

This feedback is based on things I had already posted from testing as well as having whole guild engage with both mists and roads from moment it dropped until ~3 UTC.

Mists
      • Bosses are too rare, you'll never reach actual supply of artifacts like this. This is the 1.4m hallowfall situation all over again but worse. You can't roll for the artifacts, it wasn't pre-introduced like glove artifacts were.
      • Most content is prone to griefing, unlike lands awakened where it forces people to dismount or see someone else get the loot. Mounts should be much easier to dismount so players can't just shadow you everywhere you go
      • "Enchantment" of the mists doesn't seem to affect much but the PVE, and the PVE is prone to point above, so it's actually punishing to go into them
      • T6 epic / legendary mists are a massive let down. IMO they should be guaranteed T7+, rework spawn-rate as needed
      • PVE fame per hour is very subpar compared to roaming BZ
      • Gathering on T6 zones is awful, nothing is worth stopping for, and finding T7 / T8 zones are not easy so carrying tools waiting for that is a massive time investment with not much inbetween
      • Some zones seem to take forever to close due to lack of things to do.
      • Sometimes objectives overlap (turbulent mists / small chest), which could be reworked to spread out the content better across the timespan of the instance.
      My biggest issue is how easy it is to stay mounted next to people. Even on a T4 horse, if they spend cooldowns to dismount me I can easily win a fight. Mounts should be nerfed more so people can't linger next to others for so long.

Roads - General
      • Blobs should start at 7 not 6. As I've said multiple times, people will default group sizes to whatever the portal size allows. If you want to force players into x number, add a disarray starting at a x+1.
      • Monk mobs will pretty much dismount you by walking nearby as they open with the knockback skill which purges, knocks back and do a lot of damage
      Roads - Chests
      • Mob layout is absolute cancer, the pre-patch layout worked fine as it was.
      • Knockbacks seem waaaaaaay overtuned.
      • The "oathkeeper" mob is way overtuned now, even harder than the ones found on gold chests beforehand. This applies both as roaming mob and as chest boss
      • Chests should still require you to fully clear the camp, you literally introduced rat-chests from statics into roads.
      • Chest icons do not show on map and they should
      • Converted quad-chests seem to have no chest, just make them into 4x blue chests
      Overall please revert the mob layout / open chest mechanic to what it was, and just add the upgrade over time to that layout. Chests should be able to be cleared by a well-geared group and not require PVE swaps.

Roads - Dungeons
      We lost the base ~600% buff for upgrading dungeons, which is matched with a .3 dungeon but the difficulty increase is not worth it. Statics are the easiest diveable content possible and very unforgiving for the group getting dove. I'd just revert the dungeon back to what it was, as even then I'd skip and only do T8s, now I'd never do them at all other than diving naive groups.

QoL Changes
      • Flip back the loadout / bank tab placement, is this really going to be a vanity-button fiesta all over again?
      • Remove guild loadouts from player lists. Players should be able to susbcribe to guild loadouts, so if they get updated, it updates to them as well, but they get to choose what order and which loadouts they want
      • Revert market search changes
      • Revert island names so it doesn't include the city or find a way where it doesn't break naming into 2 lines / small font. Even a colored dot next to name is an improvement and passes the idea of where the island is.
      • The guild-name on inspect is a good change however
    • New

Please, fix that the path chests cannot be opened without removing all the spawn from the chest first (as before the patch it worked)...
      It can't be that a small group content can be soloed between 1 or 2 people without before eliminating all the spawn.
      And more now that with 5+ it becomes a blob. Bye probability of having pvp on paths in more or less equal numbers.
    • New

1. Add more high tier avalonian zones
      2. Make avalonian artifacts only lootable in avalonian zones/mists
      3. Let us buy avalonian artifacts in brasilien city with brasilien standing/tokens
      4. Avalonian dungeons (maps) should be opened in avalonian roads and should spawn there
      5. Add more 20 man portals (have they been removed? Add them back.
      6. remove any objectives besides hellgates from hideout zones in avalonian roads
      7. Buff fame from avalonian roads, back in the day they gave the best fame per mob and were also a challenge to kill (they are still hard to kill ofc)
      8. Add more chests
      9. Mists should only spawn in avalonian roads (if you want some pvp go to hellgates, for now it's better loot and pvp)
      10. Add bigger return rate to avalonian gear in brasilien city (?)

The post was edited 1 time, last by yaaseth ().

• New

A Comment on the Rarity of Artifacts

With this update and the Avalonian update you have introduced new armors and weapons that require artifacts to craft. These artifacts and their respective armors represent access to different playstyles and builds.

You have stated that you want these artifacts to feel valuable and you have intentionally made them more rare. The problem is that these items are currently too rare and this takes away from the value that is attached to the tier of the items.

This can be illustrated by looking at some meta items for the ava update and their respective cost. The difference in the cost of the Realbreaker, Purity Robe and Tenacity Shoes artifacts from tiers 4 to 6 is only 10-30%. The value of these items is not in the tier of the item but for the access to new abilities. If we contrast this with meta relics like bearclaws, judicator armor and specter hood the cost difference is 200% or greater. There is greater value attached to the tier.

The value of loot should be scaling with the tiers, but its not due to the limited supply.

My suggestion
      Increase the drop rate on Mist artifacts and Ava drops to create greater.

The supply of these items could be increased to the level of relics. This would create greater access to an expanded play for a greater player base.

The artifacts will still be exciting to see drop, but excitement will be in the tiers instead of the artifact itself.

Alternatively, increase the supply at tier 4/5 and leave higher tiers unchanged.
    • New

Bad patch!
      Why kill the mobs in Roads of Avalon if i can just kill the boss and run away with my super fantastic set of gloves?? If that was the goal didn't need to have so many mobs, put only one there.
      Incredible incompetence in creating the same problem that haunts static dungeons!

Albion Online is turning Tom and Jerry's game.

But I'll give you my feedback on the mist:
      Map very big and there's a lot of emptiness at all, I would advise on decreasing 1/4 of the map and not allowing mounts, would give a better feeling of immersion in floating between mist and improve rewards, today is joke.

Patch 5º Birthday Albion It was incredibly better than all this shit you guys did yesterday.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Akhenaden ().