The Long Grind, From 0 to 8.3 in only Safe Zones

• The Long Grind, From 0 to 8.3 in only Safe Zones

Had an idea pop into my head the other day, about grinding from not but a donkey and a dream to full 8.3 gear using nothing but the market for raw materials, my islands for refining and crafting, and blue zones for gathering and dungeoning.

I have begun this endevor, and will see it thru.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
    • I fallowed some Lymhurst blobs around while gathering wood near Lymhurst before deflagging and refining my haul of wood in Fort Sterling.
      This netted me over 11k Lym faction points.

After a long day of setting up t5 chests in each of my Outer City Island guild halls & gathering refining and crafting, I have purchased enough t6 wood to begin crafting a set of t6 tools to help me speed up my endevors.

I managed to find some 4.3 wood out in the wild, I have decided upon crafting an 8.3 Normal Bow.

Upon returning to Lymhurst after circling the Royal continent, I purchased a Lymhurst Iron chest which rewarded me with a t6 druid cowl artifact.

I have once again flagged for Lym and set out towards Fort Sterling

End of Day 2
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
    • I began my day gathering while Lym flagged, heading with my ox towards Fort Sterling.

All was quiet on the faction combat front, as I deflagged and entered into the mountains.

I refined my t6 logs and decided to skip over t6 and t7 tools and grind the silver to go directly to t8.

I started crafting more t4 flat equipment to sell, filling crafting journals in the meantime, sending off laborers on the guild islands with a few of them each.
      Hoping for 4.3.

Took a break from gathering to join one of my guild mates in running solo dungeons out in Birchcopse
      I crafted a t5 armor set and horse to leave in Lymhurst for running dungeons.
      Started transmuting runes relics and souls to higher tiers as to both save space in my chests and use to enchant some armor pieces hopefully.

I returned to gathering resources and headed towards Thetford, where I bought the ore I needed to craft t8 bars for my tools.
      Then I made the return trip to Fort Sterling to refine some wood planks up to t7, before running low on silver.

To remedy this, I returned to Lymhurst and Faction Flagged. I fought against Fort Sterling as they where trying to take Birchcopse.
      This netted me a few more thousand Lymhurst Points.
      I also purchased a boarlet and the materials to make a t4 Lymhurst cape.

I began to grind the t3 Static dungeons for Faction Points and Silver drops.

I placed the boarlet and a fawn on one of my Lymhurst farming islands.
      Along with purchasing some carrot seeds, chicks, and corn as it was the lowest cost to feed them.
      I will feed the boarlet tommarow.

I have returned to Fort Sterling to start the next day gathering towards Lymhurst.

End of Day 3
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~

The post was edited 1 time, last by RenKatal ().

• After returning to Lymhurst and refining my materials, I ventured around to each of the markets and bought 30 t8 wood in Thetford.
      I planed on transporting it to Fort Sterling today, but did not have enough time.

I went out with my guild mates to farm the Flynsdell static dungeon for runes, silver and Lymhurst Faction points.
      I gained around 7000.
      I feel sorry for my guildmates that came out in full 8.3 and got downed.

I returned to Lym afterwords and gathered my rare materials, and journals, and set out towards Bridgewatch.

I refined what flat materials I could and left them on my Bridgewatch Guild island.

I began to venture towards Martlock when on of my guildmates needed assistance with his programming homework, and lost a lot of time.

I think I shall take logs of my chests, each time I leave a city, going forward.

End of Day 4
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
    • After going into Martlock and refining I did a small amount of gathering before heading to Thetford to pick up my t8 wood from the market.

I did not waist much time in Thetford as I wanted to get back to fort sterling to refine, and make it back to Lym, to run my faction events with my guild.

I Quickly refined my t8 logs, using focus for the first time in the run, as i was near the cap.

After which I headed straight to Lymhurst to run faction content with my guild, we took as many blue zone outposts as we could, and some of the party brought along t4 dungeon maps.

After I amassed enough silver, I bought some t8 tinker journals and crafted a t8 axe, pick, & skinning knife.

I went out again with my guildmates looking for some faction fights, and to take outposts, more difficult this time as we did not have a healer.

I came away from the days events with over 40k faction points, that i used to buy a t8 Lymhurst Crest, five Tree Hearts, and one Iron Campaign Chest.
      Images
      • Martlock1118.png

393.91 kB, 507×913, viewed 10 times
      • Thetford1118.png

451.23 kB, 507×915, viewed 9 times
      • FortSterling1118.png

419.82 kB, 504×915, viewed 9 times
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~

The post was edited 2 times, last by RenKatal ().

• New

I began the day by refining in Fort Sterling, and taking some of my refined wood back to Lymhurst to craft some bows.

I crafted and sold both some bows and a few leather helms from the leather i had been stockpiling in Lymhurst.

With the profits that I made I bought a quite a few t4 souls to see if i could get the components necessary for a fiend cowl.
      As I intended to go out with my guild mates while faction flagged and look for fights.

Unable to procure the artifact component that I wanted, and low on silver, My guild and I went out to engage in faction warfare.
      Many an outpost was taken and many a healer was KOed.

I ended with a gross total of over 25k Faction Points which I intend to save toward purchasing my t8 boarlet.

I returned to Lym to refine my materials

End of Day 6
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~