Dev Talk: Fey Armor and Pristine Enchantment

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dev Talk: Fey Armor and Pristine Enchantment

With the Beyond the Veil update just around the corner, it’s time for our fourth and final Dev Talk introducing some of the features coming on November 21. Here, Combat Designer Michael Schwahn and Game Designer Cornelius Nitschkoff take a look at the all-new Fey Armor and Pristine Enchantment.

Note: This video includes subtitles for all our supported languages.

For a written summary, click here: albiononline.com/news/devtalk-fey-armor

Beyond the Veil launches on November 21 - we'll see you in-game then!
    • unclear how that cloth armor should be allowed to make it to live servers.

Videos coming out of test server where its titled new insane damage Quarterstaff and 8.4 is 1 shotting other 8.4 for (34m which is alot of fame)

And being done by
      Quarterstaffs
      Oathkeepers
      Claws
      Daggers

Basically anything that hits 4x with some kinda CC.

Triple kick into battle bracers E.

Whispering bow and reg bow absolutely shredding ppl in 3 seconds
    • Making pristine only resources big nodes visible on both local and globl map is one of the worst decisions I've seen in this update.

Basically you're gifting this to the big handholding alliances to maximize the monopoly and become even more of a cancer. Small guilds won't have a feint chance of getting these, I mean I do understand sticking it to solo players, you're giving them a lot in this update, but damn, sometimes you give a step backwards.
    • I can understand that. But to be fair they will abuse the mists too as they can just gear up their people to .4 and throw them to be OP against less resourceful individuals.

Roads was for small guilds and big alliances abused it and even rented it... mists wont be that different, they'lll just learn how to cheese em.
    • Diazar wrote:

I can understand that. But to be fair they will abuse the mists too as they can just gear up their people to .4 and throw them to be OP against less resourceful individuals.

Roads was for small guilds and big alliances abused it and even rented it... mists wont be that different, they'lll just learn how to cheese em.
      gathering X.4 is one thing for Big guilds to fight over
      equipping people to X.4? its cheaper to buy X.3 one tier higher then to buy the .4 gear the way it is going with its exclusivity

you are delusional that the X.4 resource is worth so much to regear an entire zerg
      or under the assumption that they dont get any fights and can push everyone out by just standing there

like if you are A solo player or a group of 5 friends and you get a X.4 Node with no competition
      then yes it is worth and would be a sizable income for your Solo / 5 man group

but when you factor in the 20 mans or even 80 man zergs running around fighting
      the gear loss / trashed due to fighting is often worth more or equal to the Node value itself
      its the risk and reward of larger guilds.

do you think it will go uncontested?
      that zergs can just go without fights?
      and even if they are uncontested splitting the X.4 loot would yield less silver per player
      then your small scale group silver per player if you were to harvest it

you cannot complain that the Node system is unfair for small scale and that large zergs will monopolize it alone
      because its worth that much for zergs to gather and hold it.
      same for castles and outposts and same for open world chest. if its worth something zergs will gather
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • @YacineBrutal
      i would rather take my 20 man crew and kill mammoths or zones that has a chance to spawn mammoths
      then fight for 8.4 nodes
      at the rate they spawn and how much attention they attract

my alliance max mass of 35 players is not going to cut it

not to mention that you need someone in gathering gear for 5 minutes to get max profit from it
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • The_Support_God wrote:

Diazar wrote:

I can understand that. But to be fair they will abuse the mists too as they can just gear up their people to .4 and throw them to be OP against less resourceful individuals.

gathering X.4 is one thing for Big guilds to fight overequipping people to X.4? its cheaper to buy X.3 one tier higher then to buy the .4 gear the way it is going with its exclusivity

you are delusional that the X.4 resource is worth so much to regear an entire zerg
      or under the assumption that they dont get any fights and can push everyone out by just standing there

like if you are A solo player or a group of 5 friends and you get a X.4 Node with no competition
      then yes it is worth and would be a sizable income for your Solo / 5 man group

but when you factor in the 20 mans or even 80 man zergs running around fighting
      the gear loss / trashed due to fighting is often worth more or equal to the Node value itself
      its the risk and reward of larger guilds.

do you think it will go uncontested?
      that zergs can just go without fights?
      and even if they are uncontested splitting the X.4 loot would yield less silver per player
      then your small scale group silver per player if you were to harvest it

you cannot complain that the Node system is unfair for small scale and that large zergs will monopolize it alone
      because its worth that much for zergs to gather and hold it.
      same for castles and outposts and same for open world chest. if its worth something zergs will gather
      Who said anything of gearing the whole Zerg? I said gear enough of them to have the edge in the mists, where people are alone or in duos and ip will make that much of a difference. So yeah you just called me delusional (uncalled for as I haven't said anything to you) because you were itchy so I've lost interest in whatever you have to say.

Don't agree with you, have my arguments but it's not worth it.
    • Diazar wrote:

Making pristine only resources big nodes visible on both local and globl map is one of the worst decisions I've seen in this update.

Basically you're gifting this to the big handholding alliances to maximize the monopoly and become even more of a cancer. Small guilds won't have a feint chance of getting these, I mean I do understand sticking it to solo players, you're giving them a lot in this update, but damn, sometimes you give a step backwards.
      then what is this in your reply before hand?
      if you did not want people to bombard you then you should have not said it was one of the worst decisions

its risk vs reward
      if you want to eat a whole cake by your self you have to take risks
      or else let the big zergs share tiny slices among them selves

then you further said this

Diazar wrote:

as if people will pay the extra money to gear X.4
      shows how far you are from reality.
      X.3 is cheaper and more cost efficient due to the nature of X.4 resource spawns

and also above a certain point gearing a higher IP people would just avoid you completely in the mists
      not only that Any deaths will be expensive to replace as X.4 or 8.3/7.3 gear is damn expensive
      Loot from the Solos PvE and gathering in roads/mists will not be enough to replace it within a short amount of time

To top it off people will not fight to the death in mists or open world for that matter most of the time
      Most players will mount up at the first signs of a gank or unfair fight
      hence why dismounting is damn hard for Solo players and the Invis pot strat is common place

This is why i said you are delusional
      you assume people will bring X.4 like its common place
      and you dismiss the fact that its risk vs reward

if you want the reward then you have to gear Higher IP beat the competition and if you die you risk losing the Expensive gear
      there is no such thing as less resourceful individuals only those who dare to risk more expensive gear for more profit
      The Tank Who Bonks

The post was edited 3 times, last by The_Support_God ().