Stop making players bash each other for your amusement

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Stop making players bash each other for your amusement

      I know it's fun playing gods, watching those little humans fight each other from above. The thing is it may not be as fun for us as it is for you. it's not like we love it, we just have no choice because you add no any safe solo/pve content, only pvp stuff.
      Adsress people who would prefer do things peacefuly if they had a choice. Add some safe pve/solo stuff at last, instead of only pvp, pvp and pvp. Thanks.
    • Why are you playing a PvP-centric game if you don't like PvP?

      You say you have no choice, yet you are here, choosing to play a PvP game and complaining about the fact that the game gets more PvP content.

      Why not play one of the many games on the market that are not revolving around fighting other players?
    • Embelia wrote:

      Bluezones, Yellowzones, safe Faction Warfare, Crystal League, Arena, non-lethal Corrupted Dungeons and Hellgates.
      Soon to come: non-lethal Mists
      + HCE. I'm glad SBI focus on pvp, which is the core aspect of the game and the reason why most players are actually playing it.

      Although pve in albion is not really interesting. Pve difficulty in Albion is basically just increasing health and damage of any basic mob.
      Instead of adding more pve content, I would rather see existing mobs being reworked.
      There could be more mechanics. More randomness in the timing / skill rotation, because let's be honest, for example bosses in corrupted are always the exact same boring thing.
      Mobs could have more skills depending on their tier, different CD also based on their tier. Mobs could have more dodgeable AOE, at a higher rate to make it more challenging. The AI of mobs could be improved. Some skills could be thrown very rarely, making sometimes a pve combat kind of unique. Some spells could be triggered depending on the number of players (like the jump of crystal spiders that only appears when there is more than 1 player), etc...
      There are many games with MOBA combat system that does it pretty well.

      But this would be a lot of work and I'd rather see SBI focus on pvp if they have to choose


      EDIT: this title is more a Banter section... you should rename it "PVE content" or whatever...

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Laem ().

    • Mandulf wrote:

      Why are you playing a PvP-centric game if you don't like PvP?

      You say you have no choice, yet you are here, choosing to play a PvP game and complaining about the fact that the game gets more PvP content.

      Why not play one of the many games on the market that are not revolving around fighting other players?
      You realize game is not PVP ? It's what most people do, and probably you too. So to you it is PVP game. You most likely are no any different and do PVP to rob people and entertain your virtual greed,lol. Lowest kind. But there are other people, and game mechanics. Some people play it to get rich too, but they actually earn wealth instead of robbing others and get erection on how big the steal is.
      Game offers different kinds of play, however non-pvp content is limited and not expanding for some reason. Doesn't mean people don't want it, except you perhaps..
    • You realize the core gameplay loop of this game is to gather silver, fame and materials in order to create or buy equipment that gives you an advantage in combat against other players, right?

      That all the non-PvP (blue) zones are merely a tutorial, a way to ease newer players into Albion's gameplay where they can learn how to gather without having to keep an eye onto hostile players yet?

      Yes, you could limit yourself to only play the parts that do not involve combat with other players, but what's the point of playing this game then? Why gather silver? What use is fame to you?
      What is your goal in this game? Just to see fame and silver go up, even though fame and silver in itself are pointless to you?

      There are so many games on the market that do better worldbuilding, better quests, more challenging PvE, more expansive character build options, yet we're both playing Albion. I'm playing Albion because it does something that those other PvE-centric games do not: none of those other games have PvP at the center of their attention, which means PvP in those games is rarely balanced or fun and merely a side-activity rather than the core gameplay.

      Albion is one of the very few PvP-centric MMO games on the market, so I really don't understand why you would be playing specifically this game if you do not like PvP.

      A couple of suggestions of games I have enjoyed that may be more fitting if you want to play Albion but don't like PvP:
      - If you want good worldbuilding or quests: try the Witcher 3
      - If you want expansive character build options in more challenging PvE: try Path of Exile
      - If you want to play a social game with very similar medieval fantasy theme as Albion, but with a focus on PvE instead: try RuneScape
      - If you simply want to play to see your (silver) numbers go up: try a game like cookie clicker or Universal Paperclips

      Or continue playing Albion, but in that case please stop trying to turn it into a game that it is not.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Mandulf ().

    • Mandulf wrote:



      Albion is one of the very few PvP-centric MMO games on the market, so I really don't understand why you would be playing specifically this game if you do not like PvP.

      A couple of suggestions of games I have enjoyed that may be more fitting if you want to play Albion but don't like PvP:
      Man, I was raised on PVP. I lik e PVP. But... you don't get., in Albion, there is no PVP, there is crime and robbery, it attracts lowest kind of people, trash, I've seen disgusting things. I just want to avoid this bunch and not put up with them. This lethal mechanic turns people into animals, no dignity, respect. Just damn greed and stink, and even madness. I've seen what happens to people after playing Albion PVP for long time. They stop laughing, apart from mocking crazyness. I'll stick to safe zones when you can still meet sane, thanks.
    • You say you were raised in PvP and like PvP, but there are very different forms of PvP in games.

      A common example is structured PvP, like in team versus team PvP fights in MOBAs, or 1v1 competitive games against other players in Starcraft, or Chess.

      Albion as a PvP game also offers this kind of structured PvP in various mini games, like Hellgates, Corruped Dungeons and (Crystal) Arenas, but the main gameplay here is the sandbox with unstructured free-for-all open world PvP, similar to how you could get into random fights with other players you encountered in the world in a game like World of Warcraft on PvP servers.


      Albion's main attraction is the PvP 'sandbox', the unstructured open world where unscripted fights break out between players simply because of the tools and world they're given. Crime, robbery, large conflicts, sneaky ganks, backstabbing... unfair unbalanced and unpredictable encounters with players that create memorable gameplay is what you can find in games that offer unstructured open world PvP.


      You said you like PvP, but it doesn't sound like you enjoy Albion's main attraction of open world PvP.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Mandulf ().

    • Ah, the same guy barking about the game for 123192084239048928 time

      Unangwata wrote:

      This lethal mechanic turns people into animals, no dignity, respect. Just damn greed and stink, and even madness. I've seen what happens to people after playing Albion PVP for long time.
      And what is wrong with it? It just a videogame, no need of a utopic/dystopic magical society where everything is covered in flowers with happy animals jumping around.

      If any of these scums takes their Albion behavior to the real life then they are the ones with a serious problem, not the game

      And even more if u look for a healthy society in the MMORPG videogame gender: the most toxic community maybe just behind the MOBA community or even other worse

      Believe me, if any guy on other popular MMORPG's like WoW, PoE, etc. had the freedom of Albion in combat and warfare terms then they surely gonna be a low scums.
      Spear supremacy
    • The only difference between PVE and PVP is the target. Mobs are static and behave as rules. It means you do the same things once by once. But players are different. Every pvp fight would be different. That is why some people like pvp.
      Then, let us talk about the lethal mechanic. It has no connections to PVP. If sbi wants, they can make pve also lethal. A lethal mechanic is just a resource-withdraw mechanic. In other non-lethal games, they would use some different ways to withdraw resources like high taxes and expensive potions. So, you just can't undergo such mechanics in this game. Unfortunately, it is one of the cores of this game.
      So, maybe you want a non-lethal game, especially an offline game. A multi-people online game has many different conflicts in players no matter lethal or non-lethal. They have ranks and such things to sort people. I would like to suggest you FF14, because it has huge solo content. You can even don dungeons with AI. All pvp is non-lethal and in the arena.
    • Unangwata wrote:

      Man, I was raised on PVP. I lik e PVP. But... you don't get., in Albion, there is no PVP, there is crime and robbery, it attracts lowest kind of people, trash, I've seen disgusting things. I just want to avoid this bunch and not put up with them. This lethal mechanic turns people into animals, no dignity, respect. Just damn greed and stink, and even madness. I've seen what happens to people after playing Albion PVP for long time. They stop laughing, apart from mocking crazyness. I'll stick to safe zones when you can still meet sane, thanks.
      I know, you want a fair PVP like arena. But dude, do you know what sandbox means? Freedom brings chaos. If you add too many rules, it cant be called a sandbox game. If every fight is a fair 5vs5 game, why dont I play moba? Dont make every game into the same game. It is boring.
    • DummyRobert wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      Man, I was raised on PVP. I lik e PVP. But... you don't get., in Albion, there is no PVP, there is crime and robbery, it attracts lowest kind of people, trash, I've seen disgusting things. I just want to avoid this bunch and not put up with them. This lethal mechanic turns people into animals, no dignity, respect. Just damn greed and stink, and even madness. I've seen what happens to people after playing Albion PVP for long time. They stop laughing, apart from mocking crazyness. I'll stick to safe zones when you can still meet sane, thanks.
      I know, you want a fair PVP like arena. But dude, do you know what sandbox means? Freedom brings chaos. If you add too many rules, it cant be called a sandbox game. If every fight is a fair 5vs5 game, why dont I play moba? Dont make every game into the same game. It is boring.
      Exactly, and it seems people are not ready for their freedom. They need rules or they go crazy it seems ,lol. Albion is like a social experiment, what happens when you give people freedom.. I guess rules and penalty are for a reason. In albion the disease is "I attack and gank because other people do", man you don't want to see those people in real world.

      And the funny thing is everyone believes if they log in, cross the line, and act like you would never normally do, then they are different person when log out,, which is naive. You carry that mentality, because your mind is already corrupted. In short Albion spawns scum.

      Game mechanics is not bad, just people aren't grown and civilized enough to be put in the setting.

      That brings up my request for more safe zones.
    • Uggh, this again.

      You have PLENTY of options for safe PvE/PvP, You just aren't satisfied with them.

      Unangwata wrote:

      You realize game is not PVP ?
      Yes it is.
      Flat out, full stop, this is a PvP game.
      It was designed from the ground up to BE a PvP game.

      Don't believe me, how about the devs when they where first making the Alpha Build

      Or the first Alpha Trailer


      Unangwata wrote:

      Exactly, and it seems people are not ready for their freedom.
      No, YOU are not ready for their freedom.

      Unangwata wrote:

      And the funny thing is everyone believes if they log in, cross the line, and act like you would never normally do, then they are different person when log out,, which is naive. You carry that mentality, because your mind is already corrupted. In short Albion spawns scum.
      Yeah, it's a fantasy game.
      Do you go around wielding swords and spells in real life after you log off?

      This is the same disproven bullshit moral panic about how video games make people violent that has been spouted since the 1990s.

      Your problem seems to be that YOU can't separate fantasy and reality.

      Unangwata wrote:

      Game mechanics is not bad, just people aren't grown and civilized enough to be put in the setting.

      That brings up my request for more safe zones.
      Nah mate, people are plenty grown and civilized, and we also realize that we are playing a game with full loot PvP.

      IF YOU DON'T LIKE PvP, Stay OUT of the PvP zones.

      There is more than enough content to play the game without them.

      And if you aren't bold enough to go out and take the risks, you don't deserve the rewards that come with them.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
    • Unangwata wrote:

      Exactly, and it seems people are not ready for their freedom. They need rules or they go crazy it seems ,lol.
      Correction: *you* are not ready for the freedom of open world PvP games.

      People play Albion for the open world PvP without rules, and most of them enjoy it.

      You are the exception here, asking for more rules and safe zones because you don't want unstructured open world PvP in your games, even though you have chosen to play a game that is known for it's open world PvP gameplay.

      Instead of asking for fundamental changes to the game to make it adapt to your specific tastes, why don't you find a game that already offers the kind of gameplay you are looking for?

      That way everyone here who already enjoys Albion as it is can keep enjoying it.
    • Mandulf wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      Exactly, and it seems people are not ready for their freedom. They need rules or they go crazy it seems ,lol.
      Correction: *you* are not ready for the freedom of open world PvP games.
      People play Albion for the open world PvP without rules, and most of them enjoy it.

      You are the exception here, asking for more rules and safe zones because you don't want unstructured open world PvP in your games, even though you have chosen to play a game that is known for it's open world PvP gameplay.

      Instead of asking for fundamental changes to the game to make it adapt to your specific tastes, why don't you find a game that already offers the kind of gameplay you are looking for?

      That way everyone here who already enjoys Albion as it is can keep enjoying it.
      Haha, not ready because I can't face the violent "real word" of Albion? LoL. I want to change it so it's not violent, because I feel responsibility for my environment. And game devs should too. They give you freedom and all you can do with is stupid things, their hands clean, while they should keep check of people behavior, instead of just counting money.
      Correction, you think you enjoy that hostile world, meanwhile that's not how people behave in real life. You let ugly stuff out, cuz your excuse is "it's a game" and you become moron in real life too, although you won't notice it. Other people will, lol. And that rush you enjoy is pretty primitive compared to acting civilized, non-aggressive and kind, however you will not know the difference because you were never there. And do you see civilized in game..lol ?

      All I ask is safe zones. Not trying to educate you, just make more place for advanced humans..lol. Game will benefit.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

    • Unangwata wrote:

      Mandulf wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      Exactly, and it seems people are not ready for their freedom. They need rules or they go crazy it seems ,lol.
      Correction: *you* are not ready for the freedom of open world PvP games.People play Albion for the open world PvP without rules, and most of them enjoy it.

      You are the exception here, asking for more rules and safe zones because you don't want unstructured open world PvP in your games, even though you have chosen to play a game that is known for it's open world PvP gameplay.

      Instead of asking for fundamental changes to the game to make it adapt to your specific tastes, why don't you find a game that already offers the kind of gameplay you are looking for?

      That way everyone here who already enjoys Albion as it is can keep enjoying it.
      Haha, not ready because I can't face the violent "real word" of Albion? LoL. I want to change it so it's not violent, because I feel responsibility for my environment. And game devs should too. They give you freedom and all you can do with is stupid things, their hands clean, while they should keep check of people behavior, instead of just counting money.Correction, you think you enjoy that hostile world, meanwhile that's not how people behave in real life. You let ugly stuff out, cuz your excuse is "it's a game" and you become moron in real life too, although you won't notice it. Other people will, lol. And that rush you enjoy is pretty primitive compared to acting civilized, non-aggressive and kind, however you will not know the difference because you were never there. And do you see civilized in game..lol ?

      All I ask is safe zones. Not trying to educate you, just make more place for advanced humans..lol. Game will benefit.
      Human advancement comes from over coming adversity, Albion safe zones require no thought just muscle memory. There's plenty of civility amongst the chaos. When they make more interesting PvE then we can come back to this "safety" you ask for. There's a plethora of content that you can do in Albion and relax. You can also remove the risk of the "dangerous" areas by having the numbers advantage as they say "safety in numbers." Stop trying to take the high road by saying that the yellow and blue zones are somehow "civilized" when I see monkeys in 8.3 who don't know how to play the game with >100k pvp fame running around like npcs.