Dev Talk: City in the Mists

• Dev Talk: City in the Mists

In our latest Dev Talk previewing the Beyond the Veil update which launches on November 21, Environment Artists Johannes Geier and Maria Perakis take a closer look at Brecilien, the mystical "City in the Mists".

Note: This video includes subtitles for all our supported languages.

For a written summary, click here: albiononline.com/news/devtalk-brecilien

Stay tuned for the fourth and final Dev Talk coming soon, where we'll take a look at Fey Armor and Pristine Enchantment!
    • TeenageDDirtbag wrote:

Reputation loss seems totally unnecessary and considering this isn't the royal continent it makes even less sense for me.
      It's about Brecilien reputation I think, which is a totally separate system from the one on royals.

Just some thoughts about the mists in general :
      - Completing pve objectives is almost pointless (no reward).
      - The reward in the low tier/quality mist is underwhelming. Players have to find a decent zone to get good reward - which is fine.
      The problem is player don't know the tier of the zone he is going to. On top of that, when we enter a mist, we have to wait 15 to 20 minutes before going to another mist.
      So if we enter a low tier mist, we have to wait... nothing rewarding here. If player wants to continue within the mists to find a zone with actual reward, he'll have to wait for 15+ minutes before having an opportunity to maybe find a better mist, and so on...

I feel like completing pve objective should spawn a single random "whisper portal" nearby. It would provide players the possibility to move forward from mist to mist while doing objectives, and not get stuck in a T5 common location with nothing to do but waiting or leaving - and also give a purpose to these pve point of interests.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Laem ().

• Ok I heard “listening to rumors about it whereabouts”, and I feel like the developers really think players will actually spread information about the Brazilian entrance when it changes, the only people that would probably tell another would be if they are friends or if they are in the same guild.
      But if they are thinking and making no alternative method to finding it like finding little pieces of lore like a book or tablet with writing that change in contents but don’t move position, and just hints to the location of a portal to the Brazilian.

If it’s going to be only among players as “rumors” then finding it will only be a chance amongst every player, because I seriously doubt there would be just an active live chat that talking about “rumors of the way into the Brazilian”.
    • ThreeHades wrote:

Ok I heard “listening to rumors about it whereabouts”, and I feel like the developers really think players will actually spread information about the Brazilian entrance when it changes, the only people that would probably tell another would be if they are friends or if they are in the same guild.
      But if they are thinking and making no alternative method to finding it like finding little pieces of lore like a book or tablet with writing that change in contents but don’t move position, and just hints to the location of a portal to the Brazilian.

If it’s going to be only among players as “rumors” then finding it will only be a chance amongst every player, because I seriously doubt there would be just an active live chat that talking about “rumors of the way into the Brazilian”.
      you can find it easier with higher standing.
      If you have enough standing you can see it on map. If you have neutral standing it wont open.
      Its a pretty simple Mechanic.

On test server you can find it after 30 Minute standing grind. Pretty lame.
      Stolzer WC Enten Reiniger
    • Piraterer wrote:

ThreeHades wrote:

Ok I heard “listening to rumors about it whereabouts”, and I feel like the developers really think players will actually spread information about the Brazilian entrance when it changes, the only people that would probably tell another would be if they are friends or if they are in the same guild.

you can find it easier with higher standing.If you have enough standing you can see it on map. If you have neutral standing it wont open.
      Its a pretty simple Mechanic.

On test server you can find it after 30 Minute standing grind. Pretty lame.
      Didn’t know that because I can’t join the test server. And I have tried but it just says it’s a “version issue” or something like that. Don’t know how SBI f’ed up on making mobile the version that can’t join the test server.