Price Changes for Premium and Gold on Nov 28th

• Price Changes for Premium and Gold on Nov 28th

Hey everyone,

As recently announced, the price of Premium will soon be increasing, and the amount of Gold included in each Gold pack will be decreasing.

These changes will come into effect on November 28 at 10:00 UTC.

How to keep the old price for premium
      If you have an existing auto-renewing subscription bought for real money through our website or the native client or get a new real money Premium subscription before November 28 through the website or native client, your premium prices will continue to renew at the old, cheaper prices as long as the subscription remains active.

Premium price changes:

Days PremiumOld Price Native Client/Website (USD)New Price Native Client/Website (USD)New Price per 30 days Premium (USD)Old Price Steam (USD)New Price Steam (USD)New Price per 30 days Premium (USD)Old Price App Store/Google Play Store (USD)New Price App Store/Google Play Store (USD)New Price per 30 days Premium (USD)

Premium for Gold changes:

Days Premium3090180360
      Old Price in Gold3,0007,35013,75024,500
      New Price in Gold3,75010,50019,50036,000

Gold pack changes:

PlatformGold Pack (Old)Gold Pack (New)Gold Pack (Old)Gold Pack (New)Gold Pack (Old)Gold Pack (New)Gold Pack (Old)Gold Pack (New)Gold Pack (Old)Gold Pack (New)
      Native Client/Website8008001,9001,7004,0003,50010,5009,00022,00019,000
      Steam7506001,7501,2753,7502,62510,0006,75021,00014,250
      App Store6006001,6001,2753,4002,6259,0006,75019,00014,250
      Google Play Store7506001,7501,2753,7502,62510,0006,75021,00014,250

Furthermore, as the base price of Premium is increasing, the cost of our Starter Bundles will increase accordingly.

Premium subscriptions bought for real money through the web shop or native client will continue to renew at the old, cheaper prices as long as they remain active. You still have time to lock in the old premium prices via the Albion Online Web Shop or native client before November 28.

As we keep a higher percentage of sales through those platforms, we are able to pass those savings on to players, so you will always find the best prices there. To find out how to change your subscription to a native subscription, see this guide:
      Getting the Best Price on Premium

- Eltharyon
    • I am bleeding
      Free to play is bleeding

Please Increase Base Loot to compensate

or at least Loot that is gotten from Active PvP should be better
      Aka Corrupted dungeon player Kills
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • how much is this realistically going to increase the price for premium via silver? you already massively nerfed silver facuets. i was finally beginning to feel like i had a good economy going even with buying prem with silver every month but if this even comes close to doubling it, well there goes that. i'm not paying a sub for this game, much as i enjoy it. you were already on a worrying trajectory of making it more difficult for new players to make money while the rich just keep getting richer, and now this blatantly obvious shove toward making sure the new players you manage to keep in the game buy premium with money instead of silver.. i've played with countless new players that gave up the game within a couple weeks even with a guild that was more than willing to help them economically because they couldn't develop an economy without the game turning into a chore for them - some were buying premium with money already. i guess things must be pretty bad over there. hope to see a silver faucet increase to compensate.

inb4 a** kissing from already rich players
    • Eltharyon wrote:

Note: if you have an existing auto-renewing subscription bought through our website or the native client or get Premium before November 28 through the website or native client, your premium prices will continue to renew at the old, cheaper prices as long as they remain active.
      Does this mean if we maintain active premium the gold price for premium doesn't go up in the native client? This wording isn't clear.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506
    • I understand that the game needs to have monetary adjustments. However, a clearer explanation of how this new pricing intends to achieve goals without harming the players experience, so that they can continue playing and the game starts to become less and less attractive to new players, which may end up killing the game in the long run would be good.
    • really bad move imo to make the ratio of buying gold vs buying premium so different. now to get premium via buying gold will be close to spending 180+$ (on the value of the 100$ package and will only have 2k gold left over for literally spending 50$ extra instead of only having to spend like 10$ more).
      How does it makes sense we go from a 10% difference "extra" cost for buying gold directly (which is less efficient if the goal is to get premium) to something like 25% margin more now? it makes no sense to skew the ratio when it felt pretty decent in the past by so much.

Hard to understand making the gold package value go lower than it ever was when not that long ago y'all added 2k silver bonus to them (since before it was 20k gold for 100 and now it is 22k gold for 100. in the future it will be the same cost but we get less??)

Hard as a customer to grasp the logic behind the pricing not matching up and having a discrepancy between gold value and premium value of 25%+
      Hopefully this is good for business and won't drive to many players away
    • If only you'd use even 1% of that money to provide decent servers that don't suffer from rubber banding when there's more than 3 people on the screen, that would be fine but that's not the case so yeah. We're slowly reaching levels previously thought so bad that only WoW servers could reach it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bref ().

1. To be fair, that's a massive price increase for nonessential service
      2. Look what happened to Netflix
      Gold to the moon
      Buy Gold!!
      3,500 - 4000 only today, 5000 soon
      A year of Premium is going to cost almost $50 more
      LMAO
      This is going to kill sales
      You CANNOT raise the price of nonessential video game subscription
      if people are experiencing high inflation
      They are going to stop using the service because they need the essentials like food, electricity
      SUN (292) 17 Dec 19

The post was edited 1 time, last by keyfouyr ().

• Abydon wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

Note: if you have an existing auto-renewing subscription bought through our website or the native client or get Premium before November 28 through the website or native client, your premium prices will continue to renew at the old, cheaper prices as long as they remain active.
      Does this mean if we maintain active premium the gold price for premium doesn't go up in the native client? This wording isn't clear.
      Hey there,

auto-renewing premium subscription means those that are bought for real money from the website or native client, either bought directly in the premium section, or as part of a starter pack / promo pack bought for real money.

For example, if you get a new 30d premium subscription for USD 11.95 per month today in our web shop or through the native client (i.e. not through Steam!), it will continue to renew at USD 11.95 per month even after the price increase comes into effect in November. It's important though that you do not cancel it and keep auto-renew active throughout.

Note that no matter on which device or platform you play: native, mobile, Steam - you can always access and make purchases on the web shop. This is not just good for premium, we try to offer the best deals and prices there in general. The reason is that the payment processing fees that we have to cover in our web shop are much lower than those at other platforms, and due to the money saved by us, we can offer better prices there.
    • yesterday, i've to make 10 millions silver a month to resub...
      today 13 millions (3000 gold)...
      next month nearly 17millions (3750 gold at this rate)

dunno about new content income (silver) but with the recent nerf,

i dont see myself playing more than i can today...

i think big winner for a limited time will be the goldseller...
    • Ouch. Both increasing premium cost and reducing the gold you get from bundles. I feel you may have overstepped this a bit. Hopefully this is not the case. I hope you are prepared to support crafters and refiners or the economy will go down in flames.

coomsicle wrote:

how much is this realistically going to increase the price for premium via silver? you already massively nerfed silver facuets. i was finally beginning to feel like i had a good economy going even with buying prem with silver every month but if this even comes close to doubling it, well there goes that. i'm not paying a sub for this game, much as i enjoy it. you were already on a worrying trajectory of making it more difficult for new players to make money while the rich just keep getting richer, and now this blatantly obvious shove toward making sure the new players you manage to keep in the game buy premium with money instead of silver.. i've played with countless new players that gave up the game within a couple weeks even with a guild that was more than willing to help them economically because they couldn't develop an economy without the game turning into a chore for them - some were buying premium with money already. i guess things must be pretty bad over there. hope to see a silver faucet increase to compensate.

inb4 a** kissing from already rich players
      This is absolutely calculable. 3000 to 3750 gold is a 25% increase. They are also reducing gold from gold packs by approximately 13 to 15 %. Right off the rip expect the new gold price to land somewhere around 4k, . If 4k becomes the new norm then the new cost of premium per month will be 15 million silver. This is a 42% increase in monthly premium costs. This combined with the outrageous market taxes will mean that maintaining premium will likely become a heavy burden for most if not all players.

SBI, this price hike may be a little too aggressive. I support the game with real money, I love the game and want to see it continue to grow. But, for that to happen, we need new players, and I worry that things may become too difficult for them and most will turn away. They have to deal with very high market taxes as well now and now premium may increase to as much as 15 million silver a month. I just hope you aren't stepping a bit too far with this.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Gnomead ().