Price Changes for Premium and Gold on Nov 28th

• Cindirinn wrote:

Bad cause im a small crafter/refinner. Good cause means oportunity in taking advantage of higher prices of gear and mats since i stocked my production, but that wont last enough.

I wont buy premium until market stabilize or i see x < 12millon.
      I would like to remind you that, focus regeneration requires premium, and you cannot refine/craft for a considerable profit without focus. Even with focus a lot of things are not profitable because of end game black zone crafting bonuses...so you'd basicly have more silver by selling raw materials... refining/crafting is a paywalled content.

It is a good protection vs a million alts, I know. I just wanted to mention, what you said is unfortunately not possible.
    • Diyon wrote:

Forstrom wrote:

Diyon wrote:

You can buy premium for whole month just by fishing for around 7h (2m per 1h). Getting premium shouldn't be so ''easy'' as you want it.
      Im gonna eat the bait, how is it possible? Fishing what and where?
      I know this is not anserw you wanna hear but you type in YouTube fishing youtube.com/watch?v=DVKz2PQm-t4&t=597s

No. You'll get ganked and lose all. Anyone can say "do X super dangerous thing and make silver." If it's not safe IT DOENT WORK.

All these videos of "dangerous silver" are Albions version of calling an Uber to mug him when he gets there. Traps. Nothing more.
    • Poon_Hound_4_Eva wrote:

It's a business so don't expect them to care about those that buy premium with silver. If you're one of those, threats of leaving are meaningless. Good! Less server resources wasted on a mooch!

Only paying players will matter. This will hurt new players who aren't self sufficient.
      Isn't that the common misconception? If you think what is happening in the background, everyone who pays silver for premium actually pays silver to another player to buy premium for them with real money.
    • UnmeiArcana wrote:

Poon_Hound_4_Eva wrote:

It's a business so don't expect them to care about those that buy premium with silver. If you're one of those, threats of leaving are meaningless. Good! Less server resources wasted on a mooch!

Only paying players will matter. This will hurt new players who aren't self sufficient.
      Isn't that the common misconception? If you think what is happening in the background, everyone who pays silver for premium actually pays silver to another player to buy premium for them with real money.
      It's true, but it seems like they try to make being a free player as close to digital slavery as possible... At least from my experience with MUDs. Of course there are always those people who are both intelligent, and, um, unemployed, pretty sure. And these people seem to drive the economy, maybe in every mmo.
    • Poon_Hound_4_Eva wrote:

FFXIV cheapest price is 12.99 a month. Albion is 14.95. I understand it's a business but the price increase is just too much.
    • FakeLamb wrote:

Wololo123 wrote:

FakeLamb wrote:

Wololo123 wrote:

u can make all the silver sinks in the game u want, and still it dosnt matter if u have a NON PVP way to make tons of silver with out any risk, YES, IM TALKING ABOUT HCE, since this content was fully explored and exploted, the silver in the game just go wrong, this content dosnt have to exist anymore, but of course, a loot of ppl will cry, so, here it comes
      do you have any clue how difficult it is to reach the state that you can actually make good silver in HCE?if you gonna spend 1 year playing this game to get there at least you deserve something that kinda gives good silver!!
      yeah i know, and is not hard, is PVE, just get a team with at least 2 good braincells, learn the mechanics and spam maps, ppl make 100m silver x week without any risk, and the wors part, DOING PVE.this content need to be heavily nerfed or just give it an end, for the good of the game
      i think the contrary, there should be more pve to cater for players who dont care about pvp. and also in case you didnt read the first time, players deserve rewards for the time consuming buildup it takes to reach the point where you can make 100m a week in HCE. good for them, they worked hard for it and they deserve it.if you take value from end game, then there is no point to play this game for long term.

i invested and i deserve to reap rewards. they look easy now, yeah they do, but they weren't for literally hundreds of hours.
      yeah, they can do the content they want, and yes, players deserv some kind of reward, but, u cant give more reward for completily safe content, that have no competition, more than getting the maps, in wich case u just spam low lvl maps to get the higher ones that u want, than the players that have some balls and go to bz, its kinda "higher the risk, higher the reward", if HCE got really nerfed, a loot of silver is gonna be leaving the game, so we can have a "normal economy"
    • Keep nerfing everything and keep increasing the gold prices and see what happens to your game...You're already starting to see the first wave of ppl saying F This BS. It's bad enough inflation IRL has fucked us and now we also have to deal with it online...
      So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!
    • I don't have any issue with price increase. Everything gets currently more and more expensive.

The only issue is timing, usually u want to increase the price while you at least somehow perform.

If i look at "mists" frankly speaking as it's a German company and the similarity is so high.. mists currently is big "Mist"
    • I think if that's gonna be a long term decision you guys should start thinking about buffing silver earning in solo dungeons and in open world chests... You can do a tier 6/7 dungeon and get a purple chest worth 200k and that's crazy, they're just not worth and it has been like that for a long time.. make it worth or increase the open world loot on mobs, something gotta happen to compensate this change of prices in premium if someone is gonna have to do 15M a month and if that person is not in a rich guild and is also a solo player it has to be thought about and I'm sure you will at least I hope.
    • i agree make something for the new players starting this game if u wannt cash ..... Old players and big guilds have enough to pay premium with silver for years the entry is way too hard for new people and this is making us quit the game make dungeons more rewarding cuz its waste of time trying to spec up weapons then they get nerfed and start all over looking for builds that can do the same thing while doing dungeons that does not reward you for the time spend playing and this is big downside of the game right now if donations are needed instead of making everything more expensive make the game worth the time !
    • I have the most insane and easy fix to easily put everyone at ease about the gold price increase, which is just to make the loot pool give more loot the higher gold price is, and if gold price goes down extremely far, mid way of that price drop it would hit a low normal amount of loot, or at least what we get at the moment. This way everyone that is solo and has it hard to even get 1 million silver can get a slight upgrade to make a bit more silver from things like solo dungeons which even crafters could do for a little extra silver and a thing to do as they pass time.
    • Lazyjoebeard wrote:

Is there any fix for the lag spikes? Someone said to download a noping thing but I really don't trust third party programs and this one has some pretty bad reviews so I trust it less.
      Unless the physical routing your connection has to the server is dogshit it wont really help, those programs are usually cashgrabs with few actual useful cases. I'd say there's an issue with some regional servers
      I'm so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle
      Look for the ayys
    • This will probably just be another forum post you will ignore. But I just wanna say I just hope you guys RECALL how you gradually increased your playerbase and gained traction in the gaming world when you became officially f2p. This price increase on premium makes it SO HARD for newer players to thrive - especially those who will rely on solo play and safe zone grinding. Imagine, only 1 month = 16M now. Even as a player in a guild with a BZ HO, you can only grind so much. Most of us have lives outside of this game and have bills to pay too. Now you're even starting to lose your old playerbase to a mediocre update in the Mists. Even your content creators who are doing well in the game have expressed the same frustrations. And still you are not even doing anything to improve PVE loot in the game. You may not feel the losses overnight, but this price increase + in-game inflation will start gnawing like cancers to your playerbase until only the richest remains. I'm saying, the outside world's economy is bad enough as it is. You don't have to make Albion's world the same. Games are fun when you're winning. This definitely isn't winning.
    • lazyninja wrote:

This will probably just be another forum post you will ignore. But I just wanna say I just hope you guys RECALL how you gradually increased your playerbase and gained traction in the gaming world when you became officially f2p. This price increase on premium makes it SO HARD for newer players to thrive - especially those who will rely on solo play and safe zone grinding. Imagine, only 1 month = 16M now. Even as a player in a guild with a BZ HO, you can only grind so much. Most of us have lives outside of this game and have bills to pay too. Now you're even starting to lose your old playerbase to a mediocre update in the Mists. Even your content creators who are doing well in the game have expressed the same frustrations. And still you are not even doing anything to improve PVE loot in the game. You may not feel the losses overnight, but this price increase + in-game inflation will start gnawing like cancers to your playerbase until only the richest remains. I'm saying, the outside world's economy is bad enough as it is. You don't have to make Albion's world the same. Games are fun when you're winning. This definitely isn't winning.
      Tbh I started playing albion ''more'' just because there were no kids (most of them can't get past 2m+ because they lack organisation).If you are grown up adult you can afford to spend 14$ for game you enjoy.
      I'm not going to explain that after you buy first time and you know how to use focus (refining), you get almost all of it back. If you are not making it even then I have bad news for you.
      Stop crying seriously. When I started game all you could do were solo dungeons and gathering and we were fine with it, now you have like 10 more contents to earn from.
    • I know that it's likely that nobody cares, but casual people like me, who have little time to play this game, will just quit, as we were relying on bought Premium each month whenever we wanted to play Albion.

As much as I love this game, monthly premium costs too much now, and stuff like New World or WoW offer higher quality at a lower price.

Will probably revisit the economy of the game in a couple of months. Until then, me and tons of others are uninstalling. :(