Price Changes for Premium and Gold on Nov 28th

    • If you think the price is too high, you have the choice of not subscribing. Premium isn't necessary in this game, and 10h a week of gameplay can easily pay for premium with silver anyway (especially considering that premium gives you conqueror and monthly challenges and focus points, that alone can make you more than the actual cost of the premium).

      I know some people cannot afford to spend 14$ a month to play a game, but it's not mandatory to have and you can even pay with ingame money, so i don't get the complaints
    • New

      Just to add to the many pages:

      Before I quit Albion, I spoke to quite a few of the higher-end guild masters.
      Most of them were living off their historical savings from the years before (early skins & their sales).

      None of them was able to suggest an economic model within the game, that would maintain the war effort - apart from winning battles non-stop.
      Winning battles non-stop will only happen in the creme de la creme of guilds, which are rich anyways. It meant swiping the card or going bust.

      But not just for guilds. The same is true for players.

      This change makes it even worse.
      You should at least increase the loot / silver drops.
    • New

      prjamoprjamo wrote:

      Just to add to the many pages:

      Before I quit Albion, I spoke to quite a few of the higher-end guild masters.
      Most of them were living off their historical savings from the years before (early skins & their sales).

      None of them was able to suggest an economic model within the game, that would maintain the war effort - apart from winning battles non-stop.
      Winning battles non-stop will only happen in the creme de la creme of guilds, which are rich anyways. It meant swiping the card or going bust.

      But not just for guilds. The same is true for players.

      This change makes it even worse.
      You should at least increase the loot / silver drops.
      What a great comment.

      I have seen the loot across the game before Caerleon lost the Outlands portal. And the difference is heaven&earth.

      The developers of this game are NOT creating wealth for their players. They continue redistributing existing resources within the game.

      This isn't a free market economy. This is a centrally planned economy.
      SUN (292) 17 Dec 19
    • New

      @Eltharyon you do realize that the premium already is hard enough to get, only people that spends months playing Albion Online would be able to buy it, and just the other day gold was at 4050 silver per gold, which made premium cost skyrocket from the normal 9mil to 12mil, do you not realize that 3000 gold was already a ton of silver, but 3750 is probably going to be like 30mil silver if it maintains at like a 4000 silver ratio.

      Edit: the cost of premium with 3750 gold for 1 month of premium and at the normal cost of premium which wanes around 4000 silver per gold, would be 15mil silver for a month.

      2nd Edit: if this change does happen, loot for most chests will need to be buffed (just a small buff for solo and group dungeon chests). Especially Corrupted dungeon chests, because I notice how Avalonian chests are pretty much the same difficulty to get, which both require you to be in a lethal zone, but a Road of Avalon is was easier to get around and juke players, yet the Roads of Avalon chests are much more worth doing than corrupted dungeons, and CD are probably way more lethal especially if you go against a person with the perfect counter build which I have been so unlucky that I always get a counter build when I try and do corrupted dungeons, but even still the loot is crap and extremely bad for a lethal zone chest were you could just get invaded at any moment, whilst with Roads of Avalon if you see someone you can just mount up and get out of there.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ThreeHades ().

    • New

      ThreeHades wrote:

      @Eltharyon you do realize that the premium already is hard enough to get, only people that spends months playing Albion Online would be able to buy it, and just the other day gold was at 4050 silver per gold, which made premium cost skyrocket from the normal 9mil to 12mil, do you not realize that 3000 gold was already a ton of silver, but 3750 is probably going to be like 30mil silver if it maintains at like a 4000 silver ratio.

      Edit: the cost of premium with 3750 gold for 1 month of premium and at the normal cost of premium which wanes around 4000 silver per gold, would be 15mil silver for a month.

      2nd Edit: if this change does happen, loot for most chests will need to be buffed (just a small buff for solo and group dungeon chests). Especially Corrupted dungeon chests, because I notice how Avalonian chests are pretty much the same difficulty to get, which both require you to be in a lethal zone, but a Road of Avalon is was easier to get around and juke players, yet the Roads of Avalon chests are much more worth doing than corrupted dungeons, and CD are probably way more lethal especially if you go against a person with the perfect counter build which I have been so unlucky that I always get a counter build when I try and do corrupted dungeons, but even still the loot is crap and extremely bad for a lethal zone chest were you could just get invaded at any moment, whilst with Roads of Avalon if you see someone you can just mount up and get out of there.
      My calculated guess is that it's gonna sit around 18-20 mil of silver for a month of premium if silver does not inflate above post announcement level.

      Edit: if silver does inflate (more silver inject into economy), price gonna be even higher.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • New

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      ThreeHades wrote:

      @Eltharyon you do realize that the premium already is hard enough to get, only people that spends months playing Albion Online would be able to buy it, and just the other day gold was at 4050 silver per gold, which made premium cost skyrocket from the normal 9mil to 12mil, do you not realize that 3000 gold was already a ton of silver, but 3750 is probably going to be like 30mil silver if it maintains at like a 4000 silver ratio.

      Edit: the cost of premium with 3750 gold for 1 month of premium and at the normal cost of premium which wanes around 4000 silver per gold, would be 15mil silver for a month.

      2nd Edit: if this change does happen, loot for most chests will need to be buffed (just a small buff for solo and group dungeon chests). Especially Corrupted dungeon chests, because I notice how Avalonian chests are pretty much the same difficulty to get, which both require you to be in a lethal zone, but a Road of Avalon is was easier to get around and juke players, yet the Roads of Avalon chests are much more worth doing than corrupted dungeons, and CD are probably way more lethal especially if you go against a person with the perfect counter build which I have been so unlucky that I always get a counter build when I try and do corrupted dungeons, but even still the loot is crap and extremely bad for a lethal zone chest were you could just get invaded at any moment, whilst with Roads of Avalon if you see someone you can just mount up and get out of there.
      My calculated guess is that it's gonna sit around 18-20 mil of silver for a month of premium if silver does not inflate above post announcement level.
      Edit: if silver does inflate (more silver inject into economy), price gonna be even higher.
      That’s the last thing any player would want to happen. From wanting to be extremely friendly to knew players to completely make the gold market chaos to make it impossible for a lot of players to even get premium, now it’s pretty much an investment just to get premium, and unless you are able to just do pretty big content to use the premium effectively, it’s gonna be a ton of wasted silver.
    • New

      ThreeHades wrote:

      That’s the last thing any player would want to happen. From wanting to be extremely friendly to knew players to completely make the gold market chaos to make it impossible for a lot of players to even get premium, now it’s pretty much an investment just to get premium, and unless you are able to just do pretty big content to use the premium effectively, it’s gonna be a ton of wasted silver.
      Although it's not what Albion players want. IMHO, it's nothing unfair, all goods' price increase overtime, money today doesn't worth the same as three years ago. They have to pay their supplier more, their employee needs higher salaries to support themselves and their family. Wanting their price to stay the same when everything else rise is selfish.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • New

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      At the end of the day, they are just another company trying to make money in this world. They sell a product and believe it will generate them more income increasing their price (margin increase while number of customer decrease)

      IMO, it's fair. 5 years ago, a can of soda was sold for half the price of what it is today in the supermarket where I live, while Albion & gold price hasn't double since release.

      If anyone doesn't like the new price they just pack up and go.

      Under stand that I'm not trying to be a dick saying that, but in the sense that: you go to the supermarket, you see Cocacola's price go up, you grab a Pepsi and go check out. You don't normally stand there whining about how Coca's price has gone up, even when you've been choosing Coca over Pepsi your entire life. A different person, on the other hand, still choose Cocacola anw.
      You seem to be a little confused.

      If people are not happy about the price increase, the forums is exactly where they voice their concerns.

      Your analogy is so silly. Albion increasing the price of premium is not the same as a physical good going up in price. I’m sure this post sounded great in your head but I think you are a little out of your depth here.
    • New

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      ThreeHades wrote:

      @Eltharyon you do realize that the premium already is hard enough to get, only people that spends months playing Albion Online would be able to buy it, and just the other day gold was at 4050 silver per gold, which made premium cost skyrocket from the normal 9mil to 12mil, do you not realize that 3000 gold was already a ton of silver, but 3750 is probably going to be like 30mil silver if it maintains at like a 4000 silver ratio.

      Edit: the cost of premium with 3750 gold for 1 month of premium and at the normal cost of premium which wanes around 4000 silver per gold, would be 15mil silver for a month.

      2nd Edit: if this change does happen, loot for most chests will need to be buffed (just a small buff for solo and group dungeon chests). Especially Corrupted dungeon chests, because I notice how Avalonian chests are pretty much the same difficulty to get, which both require you to be in a lethal zone, but a Road of Avalon is was easier to get around and juke players, yet the Roads of Avalon chests are much more worth doing than corrupted dungeons, and CD are probably way more lethal especially if you go against a person with the perfect counter build which I have been so unlucky that I always get a counter build when I try and do corrupted dungeons, but even still the loot is crap and extremely bad for a lethal zone chest were you could just get invaded at any moment, whilst with Roads of Avalon if you see someone you can just mount up and get out of there.
      My calculated guess is that it's gonna sit around 18-20 mil of silver for a month of premium if silver does not inflate above post announcement level.
      Edit: if silver does inflate (more silver inject into economy), price gonna be even higher.
      The current inflation is caused by players panic-purchasing Premium that removes gold from the circulation. Don't worry, the prices in silver will go back to normal state after several months, gradually dropping the gold value after the changes.
    • New

      FarmerLee wrote:

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      At the end of the day, they are just another company trying to make money in this world. They sell a product and believe it will generate them more income increasing their price (margin increase while number of customer decrease)

      IMO, it's fair. 5 years ago, a can of soda was sold for half the price of what it is today in the supermarket where I live, while Albion & gold price hasn't double since release.

      If anyone doesn't like the new price they just pack up and go.

      Under stand that I'm not trying to be a dick saying that, but in the sense that: you go to the supermarket, you see Cocacola's price go up, you grab a Pepsi and go check out. You don't normally stand there whining about how Coca's price has gone up, even when you've been choosing Coca over Pepsi your entire life. A different person, on the other hand, still choose Cocacola anw.
      You seem to be a little confused.
      If people are not happy about the price increase, the forums is exactly where they voice their concerns.

      Your analogy is so silly. Albion increasing the price of premium is not the same as a physical good going up in price. I’m sure this post sounded great in your head but I think you are a little out of your depth here.
      honestly, there is price increases and there is what albion announced they are doing.
      i dont thinki've ever heard of a subscription based game that went and upped their sub fees by 50% and skewed the in-game store purchases (gold in this case) by a 20% value decreasing and if going with the buy gold to buy premium after value, up too 70-80% increase which is drastically more expensive and out of previous changes/ratio's of subscription vs gold cost to use ig to buy subscription.
    • New

      Deathskills wrote:

      FarmerLee wrote:

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      At the end of the day, they are just another company trying to make money in this world. They sell a product and believe it will generate them more income increasing their price (margin increase while number of customer decrease)

      IMO, it's fair. 5 years ago, a can of soda was sold for half the price of what it is today in the supermarket where I live, while Albion & gold price hasn't double since release.

      If anyone doesn't like the new price they just pack up and go.

      Under stand that I'm not trying to be a dick saying that, but in the sense that: you go to the supermarket, you see Cocacola's price go up, you grab a Pepsi and go check out. You don't normally stand there whining about how Coca's price has gone up, even when you've been choosing Coca over Pepsi your entire life. A different person, on the other hand, still choose Cocacola anw.
      You seem to be a little confused.If people are not happy about the price increase, the forums is exactly where they voice their concerns.

      Your analogy is so silly. Albion increasing the price of premium is not the same as a physical good going up in price. I’m sure this post sounded great in your head but I think you are a little out of your depth here.
      honestly, there is price increases and there is what albion announced they are doing.i dont thinki've ever heard of a subscription based game that went and upped their sub fees by 50% and skewed the in-game store purchases (gold in this case) by a 20% value decreasing and if going with the buy gold to buy premium after value, up too 70-80% increase which is drastically more expensive and out of previous changes/ratio's of subscription vs gold cost to use ig to buy subscription.

      SBI directly will be responsible for more RMTers.
    • New

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      ThreeHades wrote:

      That’s the last thing any player would want to happen. From wanting to be extremely friendly to knew players to completely make the gold market chaos to make it impossible for a lot of players to even get premium, now it’s pretty much an investment just to get premium, and unless you are able to just do pretty big content to use the premium effectively, it’s gonna be a ton of wasted silver.
      Although it's not what Albion players want. IMHO, it's nothing unfair, all goods' price increase overtime, money today doesn't worth the same as three years ago. They have to pay their supplier more, their employee needs higher salaries to support themselves and their family. Wanting their price to stay the same when everything else rise is selfish.
      Do not empathize with capitalists. The salaries are their things, not yours. The capitalists earn the most part of the money get from your pockets. If they just give the employee the same what they earned. All employees won't be concerned about living.
      Now, the premium doesn't worth its service.
      If you really care about the employee of SBI. Just donate a bunch of money and become their partner. And then, you can increase their salaries.
      Actually, if SBI increases the price, who can guarantee that the money will be given to the normal employee but not to the back boss?
    • New

      DummyRobert wrote:

      Do not empathize with capitalists. The salaries are their things, not yours. The capitalists earn the most part of the money get from your pockets. If they just give the employee the same what they earned. All employees won't be concerned about living.If you really care about the employee of SBI. Just donate a bunch of money and become their partner. And then, you can increase their salaries.
      Actually, if SBI increases the price, who can guarantee that the money will be given to the normal employee but not to the back boss?
      I considered the company itself a person, not everyone working in it. Modern society does the same, the company itself is considered a juridical person. Stillfront is a person, SBI is another person. On the note, I don't care whether where that money goes to. It's still fair

      Another unrelated personal note is that I think people who hate capitalist are just envious and lazy people, who want what other have but don't want to give out the equivalent effort. (Just leave this, it's not related to the topic)


      DummyRobert wrote:

      Now, the premium doesn't worth its service.
      It's a facts that their COGS has increased overtime until now. Like all other sane company, they would only take that to a certain point then pass on to the customers.

      It's nothing strange a portion of the customers consider the service not wort the increased price. When that happen, these people just leave. Obviously when they rise the price, they will lose part of the customers. The same for Cola, if I think it's overpriced I'd grab sth else.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • New

      FarmerLee wrote:

      You seem to be a little confused.
      If people are not happy about the price increase, the forums is exactly where they voice their concerns.
      Yeah, the forums is exactly where people voice their opinion over it.

      Everyone is welcomed to to so, like you, or me. You voiced your concern, I voiced my agreement.


      FarmerLee wrote:


      Your analogy is so silly. Albion increasing the price of premium is not the same as a physical good going up in price. I’m sure this post sounded great in your head but I think you are a little out of your depth here.
      It's actually the same whether goods being sols is tangible or not. But it's OK but you don't see that.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • New

      Dzanek wrote:

      The current inflation is caused by players panic-purchasing Premium that removes gold from the circulation. Don't worry, the prices in silver will go back to normal state after several months, gradually dropping the gold value after the changes.
      Nope, current price is not inflation and not caused by panic. With the gold price quoted in $. Gold should be around 4k6 - 5k silver a coin, if they do not inject more silver into the game.

      For example, If mobs start dropping more silver, market take less tax, . . . and silver circulation double. It will be inflation at that point and a gold coin would then worth 9k2 to 10k silver.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • New

      SpicyPepper wrote:



      Another unrelated personal note is that I think people who hate capitalist are just envious and lazy people, who want what other have but don't want to give out the equivalent effort. (Just leave this, it's not related to the topic)
      Personaly,I strongly suggest you to read Capital. Have capitalist given out any effort?They dont write even one code of this game but get a lot of money from it.
      You are poor not because you are not hard, but much value you make is looted by capitalist
    • New

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      ThreeHades wrote:

      That’s the last thing any player would want to happen. From wanting to be extremely friendly to knew players to completely make the gold market chaos to make it impossible for a lot of players to even get premium, now it’s pretty much an investment just to get premium, and unless you are able to just do pretty big content to use the premium effectively, it’s gonna be a ton of wasted silver.
      Although it's not what Albion players want. IMHO, it's nothing unfair, all goods' price increase overtime, money today doesn't worth the same as three years ago. They have to pay their supplier more, their employee needs higher salaries to support themselves and their family. Wanting their price to stay the same when everything else rise is selfish.
      You do know that SBI was bought a couple years ago by Stillfront Interactive. Which is a pretty big company that has multiple game titles, at least that is what I remember from last looking at their website.
    • New

      DummyRobert wrote:

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      Another unrelated personal note is that I think people who hate capitalist are just envious and lazy people, who want what other have but don't want to give out the equivalent effort. (Just leave this, it's not related to the topic)
      Personaly,I strongly suggest you to read Capital. Have capitalist given out any effort?They dont write even one code of this game but get a lot of money from it.You are poor not because you are not hard, but much value you make is looted by capitalist
      bad example in the capital Marx commints to some ideas that are not correct because the world is not idealist, usually the capitalist assume the risk of the failure of the project while ensuring the wages of the workers, i was rised in a socialist enviorement and i understand that communism does not work in large sacale and if you wanna base your arguments on the Capital thats where you wanna get, also all the original team from SBI already got what they pursued, now that stillfront is the owner they got the risk of the game not being able to survive so the are reaping the value in the risk, but i am, here just to say that the capital get many ideas wrong and usually Marxism doest take into account the grey areas for Marxism the world is black or white no space for colors or gradients and there is the mistake isnto that idea even the modern system in Germany USA and other countries is not capitalism nor free market but a state regulated market with takes from both main economic ideals but what can i understand a i am simply an albion player ... but the hike in prices is bad but is nmot the end of the game, but i think is a mechanism more to avoid RMT and vanity farmers, than to get more income because increasing taxes dont bring more income to countries were the tax rise is implemented equally the price rise at least so massive without something to justify wont bring new players but will decrease the ones who do vanity farming...