Dev Talk: The Mists

• Obelis wrote:

insanearrow wrote:

Is there an upper limit to how many players can be in the solo/duo mists?
      There is. One of the (internal) focuses of the playtests will be to play with this population cap to see what feels right.

Amrr wrote:

Why are you making it a duo content ? literally no solo player will be able to fight duos specially healers duos

make it only for solo players and introduce certain portals for duos
      Duos are completely separate from solos. With the caveat that you can enter a duo alone...if you really want. :)

ironmanSrSeyren wrote:

i still don't get why parties are enabled in the solo mists... yeah, people will have to split when the timer ends, but as long as the mists are up, it's a "whoever finds more allies wins" party. guess it's time to move to an ARCH guild
      Parties are not enabled in the Solo Mists. You can have a party of up to two players in The Greater Mists (Duos).
      GREAT
    • Wonderful! this update is the quintessence of what I love about this game, solo and duo mists, 4 enchantments, new armor. sbi great! wow this is breathtaking! there are some concerns, but they will appear on the test server. I hope the updates don't ruin cuz the "game experts" will whine about injustice regardless of what they don't understand the game.
    • I am concerned about Itemswap must meta..4 weapons 5 items as in old 2 hg...

You swap till u have counter gear, then u enemy wants swap...loop

There was a reason Itemswap needed attention especially as u cannot be jumped by group and u only true enemy is u counter gear..

I know the argument of open world, but if we have swap gear as low risk environment especially looking at mounts etc... I would definitely have full swap sets as in old 2 hg, and so will most competitive players
    • Fabrizziou wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Solo mist = warbow, duo mist = hallowfall dps. :D Another corrupted dungeon type of content.
      duo mists will not be dominated by healers at allSome 2v2 nerds say that stun comps will be viable as well cuz there is no ip cap and no lava

About solo mists well...
      Ava fists, Bracers, warbow, some swords, mahbe 1h spear, bloodletter, dbladed staff, bear paws, some solo healer nerd... damn
      Not the exact healer duo u see in HG, but Hallowfall & a mobile dps (e.g bloodletter)

Stun comps is viable but will just be a "playable" comb. Stun comps was hit with big nerfs on CC patches after patches. The lava wasn't the biggest reason why CC DPS was removed from 2v2 HG.

Regarding solo mist, obviously it's not gonna be just warbow. But what definitely will be, is that only a very limited specific build will be viable, namely kiting & ratting builds (warbow & battle bracers).
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Regarding solo mist, obviously it's not gonna be just warbow. But what definitely will be, is that only a very limited specific build will be viable, namely kiting & ratting builds (warbow & battle bracers).
      For sure some builds will be meta. But this list is a bit exaggerated. Warbox and battle bracer can be delete easily by spears (deflecting/interrupt), any sword (parry strike), or even some daggers but it's harder.
      Edit: The above is true for fights, but yeah about kitting and ratting as you said... it is a thing globally present in the game, some weapons are designed for this. I don't see easy fix for it

The post was edited 2 times, last by Laem ().

• Chibichibs wrote:

Idk if this is the right place for it but can the game put outlaw status on blues attacking reds? It's annoying that blues can get shield buff at the city gates when they attack reds. Blues have become so cocky now in Royals. High reputation players are more toxic than the low reputation players, it's a fact.
      Second, I like how the game became newb friendly when you wouldn't die in yellow zone if flagged. Can the game make the red zone more like a preparatory zone of the black zone?
      no, its not the right place since it has nothing to do with the patch but:

1 - nobody cares about yellow zone pvp. just ride into the city
      2 - red zone will never be a preb for black zone since black zone is made for zvz, red zone is made for smallscale. the main function of the rep system is prevent zerging. so no, red zone will never be a prep for black since they are simply 2 different playstyles.
    • Azmoodeus wrote:

RIP playing as healer main.
      Hopefully not a huge one so solo healers are not viable.
      Frankly there is healing reduction in corrupted dungeons and healing is still completely viable there, if not one of the most annoying things to see in corrupted dungeons.

Personally I'd like to see healing reduced further in solo content, I can't deal with them myself. However, rather than reducing healing further I think it would be better to nerf specific offenders to 1v1 content, to me those are namely, great nature staff, one handed holy, blight healing specifically when only healing one target, and hallowfall.
    • Dezvul wrote:

Azmoodeus wrote:

RIP playing as healer main.
      Hopefully not a huge one so solo healers are not viable.
      Frankly there is healing reduction in corrupted dungeons and healing is still completely viable there, if not one of the most annoying things to see in corrupted dungeons.
      Personally I'd like to see healing reduced further in solo content, I can't deal with them myself. However, rather than reducing healing further I think it would be better to nerf specific offenders to 1v1 content, to me those are namely, great nature staff, one handed holy, blight healing specifically when only healing one target, and hallowfall.
      then dont play stalker ^^
      the roads will be much different. there wont be hard caps.
      dmg scales much bigger then defense and heal with ip.
      healing in 1v1 and healing in general is only a problem at low ip content.
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

Chibichibs wrote:

Idk if this is the right place for it but can the game put outlaw status on blues attacking reds? It's annoying that blues can get shield buff at the city gates when they attack reds. Blues have become so cocky now in Royals. High reputation players are more toxic than the low reputation players, it's a fact.
      Second, I like how the game became newb friendly when you wouldn't die in yellow zone if flagged. Can the game make the red zone more like a preparatory zone of the black zone?
      That might be your own, subjective view, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in the actual game I'm playing. I see hundreds of people engaged in Faction Warfare PVP across blue and yellow zones every day.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

That might be your own, subjective view, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in the actual game I'm playing. I see hundreds of people engaged in Faction Warfare PVP across blue and yellow zones every day.
      I think he meant flagged YZ PvP, not Faction PvP.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
    • Laem wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Warbox and battle bracer can be delete easily by spears (deflecting/interrupt), any sword (parry strike),
      No, people not gonna sit still like a duck and brawl you like in a dual circle. You cannot win warbow and battle bracer with reflect. They run. Force Field favor the one running, and atm there's no other piece as a direct counter to that, that's why kiting and ratting is so strong.

The upside of warbow is that you can just run away yourself as it's not every good on the chasing. That's said if everyone run warbow then you'll find yourself running away from all encounter.

Battle bracer on the other hand will just chase down and kill anyone if the fight is in his favor.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Laem wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Warbox and battle bracer can be delete easily by spears (deflecting/interrupt), any sword (parry strike),
      No, people not gonna sit still like a duck and brawl you like in a dual circle. You cannot win warbow and battle bracer with reflect. They run. Force Field favor the one running, and atm there's no other piece as a direct counter to that, that's why kiting and ratting is so strong.
      The upside of warbow is that you can just run away yourself as it's not every good on the chasing. That's said if everyone run warbow then you'll find yourself running away from all encounter.

Battle bracer on the other hand will just chase down and kill anyone if the fight is in his favor.
      with the current answers i plan to run battle bracer with a swap to battle axe for PvE elements. As nice as battle bracers are, they suck at least for me in killing shiny things .

That's why it is potentially warbow / bracers + sustain/PvE battle-axe ..and as u need to be able to fast reset it is assa chest for invis if u need Regen & fast switch for PvE jumps while u on something shiny. And head piece is potentially mage chowl / guardian helmet.

Boots either the new jump boots, free escape out of one shot..unsure on this..
    • FarmerLee wrote:

Please reconsider mounts in the mist. The tougher mounts are not balanced around being dismounted by one player. You will create a play style that is heavily rewarded while being super unfun to other players. Players will wear high damage builds and follow a target around on a tough mount. The target player will not want to risk doing any of the amazing new PvE challenges because if they get low in the fight, the player riding the tough mount will then dismount to fight the player at a huge advantage.
      Mounts don't matter at all whatsoever, neither does your awareness matter at all, contrary tothe developer's statement on the last video.
      INVISIBILITY POTION *TAP* GOOD BYE MOUNT - EASY AND UNSTOPPABLE!!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by FakeLamb ().

• How hard will it be to get to the mists you want?

If I want to go to roads, I leave town and enter a road.

If I want to do a hellgate, I can look around or buy a portal.

etc.

If me and my friend have an hour to do some gaming, is it worth us looking for a duo mist, or are they going to be too random/rare for reliable content?
    • The_Support_God wrote:

About as painful as finding a 2 man hellgate that naturaly spawn

so yes pretty uncommon as you would mostly find single portal mists instead
      I mean the solution to this would be simple, a bottled wisp, Works like a hell-gate or dungeon map map.

Pop it open, and it dose a little fly off animation, and shows you where to go to find it and get a portal into the mists.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher