Dev Talk: The Mists

• Robinhoodrs wrote:

Oshien wrote:

CassX wrote:

.4 enchant coming?
      I came looking for more information .... Are we thinking Orange? lol
      Well, Golden, not Orange... but yeah, you'd think so right?
      With how SBI has pushed this whole enchantment level and the matching colours over the last couple of years (Group Dungeons, Solo Dungeons, etc) with the highest tier being legendary and golden and the only thing that doesn't match that right now is Weapons/Armors.

Coupled with not the last road map, but the one before where Robin Henkys mentioned a new tier, seems like they didn't wanna go Tier 9 but instead .4, which I like a lot more. But so much to be answered in how you obtain it, is it via gathering? Or through new mobs or rewards from chests, etc? Will it be a +100 IP over .3? If it it obtained via gathering will it be uber-rare?

I hope we get to hear more via a dev talk on this soon as Robin Henky's mentioned in this dev talk that two more are coming.
      I hope items aren't enchantable up to .4. Only able to be crafted with found mats that were already .4 if it hits the live servers. Give gatherers jackpot finds.
      Don't go away mad, just go away...
    • Idk if this is the right place for it but can the game put outlaw status on blues attacking reds? It's annoying that blues can get shield buff at the city gates when they attack reds. Blues have become so cocky now in Royals. High reputation players are more toxic than the low reputation players, it's a fact.
      Second, I like how the game became newb friendly when you wouldn't die in yellow zone if flagged. Can the game make the red zone more like a preparatory zone of the black zone?
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Solo mist = warbow, duo mist = hallowfall dps. :D Another corrupted dungeon type of content.
      duo mists will not be dominated by healers at all
      Some 2v2 nerds say that stun comps will be viable as well cuz there is no ip cap and no lava

About solo mists well...
      Ava fists, Bracers, warbow, some swords, mahbe 1h spear, bloodletter, dbladed staff, bear paws, some solo healer nerd... damn
      Spear supremacy
    • Fabrizziou wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Solo mist = warbow, duo mist = hallowfall dps. :D Another corrupted dungeon type of content.
      duo mists will not be dominated by healers at allSome 2v2 nerds say that stun comps will be viable as well cuz there is no ip cap and no lava

About solo mists well...
      Ava fists, Bracers, warbow, some swords, mahbe 1h spear, bloodletter, dbladed staff, bear paws, some solo healer nerd... damn
      Also, everyone is thinking that the Mists will be the perfect paradise with a lot of resources, mobs and everything else.
      As we saw in the video we will find all of those but in a small porporcion compared to the black zone itself, where end game gatherers can make 2m per pie randomly gathering everything they find in their way.

So you can come with your duo on 8.3 but at the end you will realize that is not that worth. You will end being of one those streamers forming 8.3 squads to kill 6 flat players in the roads of avalon.
      No evolution at all for you as a player and every time you go on equal IP, you will get your ass kicked because when you sucks and then will quit and call the content unbalanced because you cant defeat a single nerfed warbow dude.

"Sometimes I really care, sometimes I really don't"
    • Oshien wrote:

I heard .4 was available sometime in early beta. For those super vets, is there any truth to that?
      True. Beta1 there were higher enchanted tiers. I think it was removed at Beta2.

Other than that, it is a nice update, but I am worried the path game is taking... HUGE empty continent - RiP open world?
      Since: October 25, 2015
    • Amrr wrote:

Why are you making it a duo content ? literally no solo player will be able to fight duos specially healers duos

make it only for solo players and introduce certain portals for duos
      I am worried about the duo mists being a lot better than the solo version.
      And then it will be like 2x2 hellgates where less than 1% of the community plays it and the rest of the player base just avoid because they know how cancer it is.

• MageWarrior wrote:

Fabrizziou wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

duo mists will not be dominated by healers at allSome 2v2 nerds say that stun comps will be viable as well cuz there is no ip cap and no lava
      About solo mists well...
      Also, everyone is thinking that the Mists will be the perfect paradise with a lot of resources, mobs and everything else.As we saw in the video we will find all of those but in a small porporcion compared to the black zone itself, where end game gatherers can make 2m per pie randomly gathering everything they find in their way.

So you can come with your duo on 8.3 but at the end you will realize that is not that worth. You will end being of one those streamers forming 8.3 squads to kill 6 flat players in the roads of avalon.
      No evolution at all for you as a player and every time you go on equal IP, you will get your ass kicked because when you sucks and then will quit and call the content unbalanced because you cant defeat a single nerfed warbow dude.
      Warbow was quite strong more than a year ago. Warbow can kill you only if you eat the dodgeable Es. If a warbow make a single mistake, he's done.
    • Chibichibs wrote:

MageWarrior wrote:

Fabrizziou wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

duo mists will not be dominated by healers at allSome 2v2 nerds say that stun comps will be viable as well cuz there is no ip cap and no lavaAbout solo mists well...
      Also, everyone is thinking that the Mists will be the perfect paradise with a lot of resources, mobs and everything else.As we saw in the video we will find all of those but in a small porporcion compared to the black zone itself, where end game gatherers can make 2m per pie randomly gathering everything they find in their way.
      Warbow was quite strong more than a year ago. Warbow can kill you only if you eat the dodgeable Es. If a warbow make a single mistake, he's done.
      Totally agree. And I'm not saying warbow is bad, but not that strong to stop you from exploring a new content.

• MageWarrior wrote:

I am worried about the duo mists being a lot better than the solo version.
      And then it will be like 2x2 hellgates where less than 1% of the community plays it and the rest of the player base just avoid because they know how cancer it is.
      Maybe a huge portion of the 2v2 nerds gonna move to great mists cuz wanna have a little break of watching claymore/dgivers/mage + healer in every match

In great mists maybe healer + dps will be stronk even if there is a healing reduction debuff, but some stun comps will be viable as said above cuz no ip cap and no lava limit unlike hellgates
      Spear supremacy
    • insanearrow wrote:

Is there an upper limit to how many players can be in the solo/duo mists?
      There is. One of the (internal) focuses of the playtests will be to play with this population cap to see what feels right.

Amrr wrote:

Why are you making it a duo content ? literally no solo player will be able to fight duos specially healers duos

make it only for solo players and introduce certain portals for duos
      Duos are completely separate from solos. With the caveat that you can enter a duo alone...if you really want. :)

ironmanSrSeyren wrote:

i still don't get why parties are enabled in the solo mists... yeah, people will have to split when the timer ends, but as long as the mists are up, it's a "whoever finds more allies wins" party. guess it's time to move to an ARCH guild
      Parties are not enabled in the Solo Mists. You can have a party of up to two players in The Greater Mists (Duos).