Price Increases with Next Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Price Increases with Next Update

Update (20th October 2022): Details the price changes can be found here: Forthcoming Price Changes for Premium and Gold

---------------------

Hey everyone,

We've now pre-announced our next update, and given details of some of the major features coming to the world of Albion, including the Mists, updated Roads of Avalon, and new artifacts and armors. Our entire team is working to make this update our best yet, and we're very excited to share more details with you in the coming weeks.

Along with this update, we will also be raising prices of Premium and Gold. Premium prices will be raised directly, while Gold Pack prices will be raised indirectly - i.e. prices will stay the same, but packs will contain slightly less Gold. The cost-in-Gold price for Premium packs will also be increased accordingly. These increases will take place sometime in the coming months, likely in mid-November.

While this is probably not the announcement you wanted, there's good news as well: all Premium subscriptions bought directly on our website or through the native game client before the price increase will remain and continue to renew at the old price as long as they are active.

As a general rule, the best way to get the lowest price on Gold, Premium, and all other products is to buy them through our website or native game client.

If you are currently playing the game on iOS, Android or Steam and purchasing Premium via those platforms, you can already save money and lock in the lower subscription prices by getting your Premium directly on AlbionOnline.com. If you buy Premium there via credit card or PayPal, it will automatically renew and stay at the lower price once you have less than 3 Premium days remaining. You can cancel automatic renewal at any time. (Note that one-off Premium purchases via Paysafecard or other single-pay methods will remain available, but will not renew automatically and thus will not lock in the lower rate.)

Thanks for all your support - we know price increases aren't the most welcome news.

We will always put the game's development first to make Albion Online the world's best sandbox MMORPG for many years to come.

Sincerely,
    Eltharyon
  • How to Switch your Android/iOS sub to a native one:

As mentioned above, switching to a subscription bought via our website or the native client allows you to lock in the current lower Premium cost for as long as your subscription remains active.

Doing this requires a few simple steps:
    1. Cancel your iOS or Android sub directly via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
    2. Immediately buy a new sub on AlbionOnline.com via credit card or PayPal
    3. This new subscription will trigger an initial payment and give you the first batch of Premium days immediately
    4. If your character still has remaining Premium days, the renewal (and further charges) are only triggered once your character has 3 days of Premium remaining
    Steam users:
    Steam only offers one-time Premium purchases and does not offer subscriptions. As these will be increasing in price on Steam as well, even if you play via Steam you can still lock in the lower rate by signing up for a subscription on our website via the account you use on Steam.

We encourage you to do this as soon as possible to make sure you don't forget to lock in the current subscription rates before they change.
  • Inflation is really high around the world right now so raising premium to keep the doors open is understandable. To me, this is acceptable if it keeps loot boxes and other nonsense out of the game. Thank you for keeping the monetization in Albion as fair as it is.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Gnomead ().

• Sad, not like I would have spent money in this game anyway.. not like it deserves it anyway.

It seems that SBI has become a skin creating company. There is no week that you don't release a new skin that costs like 20 dollars which is way more expensive than bigger games out there. Interesting SBI you used to focus more on content and game balance, now when you release a patch you fix at most 1-2 problems and another 2-3 you fuck up like nerfing cleric robe and greatfire.

Sad, not like a patch comes once a 1-2 months and it feels very lackluster

Sad, not like we deal with problems that players cry on forums for months on end.

PS: Sad
  • AleskioSs wrote:

Sad, not like I would have spent money in this game anyway.. not like it deserves it anyway.

It seems that SBI has become a skin creating company. There is no week that you don't release a new skin that costs like 20 dollars which is way more expensive than bigger games out there. Interesting SBI you used to focus more on content and game balance, now when you release a patch you fix at most 1-2 problems and another 2-3 you fuck up like nerfing cleric robe and greatfire.

Sad, not like a patch comes once a 1-2 months and it feels very lackluster

Sad, not like we deal with problems that players cry on forums for months on end.

PS: Sad
    And yet, you are still playing the game.

How come some people are so entitled? Skin are pricy? Actually Skin and gold are their main source of income.
    No advertising polluting the game, no monthly subscritption... Premium affordable ingame with silver you can make by playing.The game is free and not a pay to win. What are you expecting?

The game is nice, SBI try to improve it even if everything is not perfect, and overall it cost you literally nothing to play. But somehow there are people ranting about the price of the skin.

We live in an amazing world. :whistling:
  • what about having a heavy operation on RMT mafia instead of increasing prices on gold? There are like a lot of names who just plays for RMT ( most of them HCE players and crafters) and earn really high amount money..
    I still dont understand how you guys not able to find and ban them because i can even tell who's who as a player.

I started to think there's a benefit you guys earn on RMT sellers. I hope I am wrong.
  • just had this discussion on our discord. Inflation means we have to spend more on luxury items like games, part of living in our times. little overblown by some.

I would pay hundreds of dollars for sporting equipment or registration fees for sports or other hobbies that I would do for maybe an hour a week. i spend at least an hour a day playing this, sounds like a good investment to me. I can easily make 10m in 30 days, but i prefer to pay for the convenience of no stress.

let's say its now 20$ a month (a bit high for me but for argument's sake)
    30 days a month and 1 hour of play each day
    20/30=$0.66/hr
    1 week = 4.66$

That is not even a beer a week at most bars, I know some of you come from countries where beer is cheaper than water.

Now, will I continue to pay after the recently announced changes to the roads? ill make that based on how much fun I'm having.
  • keyfouyr wrote:

Hello,

My personal concern about this is... we are potentially headed for an economic recession irl.

And Albion may be already overstaffed. I'd personally try to avoid hiking prices by cutting spending.
    Words like "potentially" and "Recession" should not be used to describe the current trajectory of the worlds economy. At the very least, a global economic depression is imminent and totally unavoidable. I do not have a crystal ball, but what I do have is just as good. Knowledge of how the global monetary system works and a far, deeper understanding of macroeconomics than most. Unfortunately

The post was edited 4 times, last by Gnomead ().

• Acceptable and fair update.

Strange that people use this announcement as a podium for other frustration.

Love the game and looking forward to see it continue to grow.
    Discord: Redsaw#4700

Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.