Dev Talk: Roads of Avalon Revisited

• Don't remove the green portal & don't make the mobs impossible to farm solo.

Mist gonna be like CD where only a very limited weapons will be viable. 90% of people will run Warbow. The rest who don't play "meta" weapon will still roam Avalonian road like they've always did.

There's also the small groups of 2-3 men without healer. If mobs are challenging for healer group then it's impossible to farm without one. That's how broken a healer is in this game.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • I was excited for this update until now... Now I'm just worried.

Most of the content I do is in a small 2-3 man group. We typically will roam the blackzone, but when it's just too busy with large ZvZ and gank squads, we usually go to the roads for content. While I was hoping this update was going to make it more than just a place to go when the blackzone is crowded... It appears it is no longer going to be possible with small 2-3 man groups.
      So, if the blackzone is ruled by ZvZ squads, the roads are ruled by 6+ man squads and then mists/CD only for solos. What the heck are 2-5 man suppose to do, when it already feels like tip-toeing around everywhere?

Please, don't remove content for solo/small group in the roads there is already so little content avaliable for us.
    • ZfreedZ wrote:

I was excited for this update until now... Now I'm just worried.

Most of the content I do is in a small 2-3 man group. We typically will roam the blackzone, but when it's just too busy with large ZvZ and gank squads, we usually go to the roads for content. While I was hoping this update was going to make it more than just a place to go when the blackzone is crowded... It appears it is no longer going to be possible with small 2-3 man groups.
      So, if the blackzone is ruled by ZvZ squads, the roads are ruled by 6+ man squads and then mists/CD only for solos. What the heck are 2-5 man suppose to do, when it already feels like tip-toeing around everywhere?

Please, don't remove content for solo/small group in the roads there is already so little content avaliable for us.
      Sorry to ruin your day even more, but if the gate are all 6 slots, the majority of the dominating groups will be 12 men, not 6.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • Once all HO are taken, I'm unsure how any new smaller guild would be able to attack, or try and take a spot.

Since all 20 man portals go to raids zones and other HO zones from that raid zone, and everything else is 6 mans. You are no longer able to log out, most you could put in via 6 man portal is 12, 6 go in come back wait, and then go back in with next 6. Now ur 12 have to fight a lot more then 12. Previously groups would go in through the day and log out, so they could have some kinda army to fight with, or you wait until a 20 man portal went to the HO. Now there is always 1 20 man, but you have to go through active zone and find multiple ways to the zone you want.

it's now much more complex to fight for a HO in the roads if you do not have a HO.

also removing the green chests, seems to be bit odd, why not leave them just make more groups and have greens also level up. currently solo players will be forced to run through the roads to find a mist door, while everything in there is group content, seems not really thought out that well.
    • I have a question about logout in ava roads, how it will be works. At the video i heared,that in case if you will be logout, the system will be send you in previous portal, how it works? The system just looking for your taken slots in portal??
      The Bandits Clan ищет новых игроков - ВСТУПИТЬ

The post was edited 1 time, last by MelniK9 ().

• MelniK9 wrote:

I have a question about logout in ava roads, how it will be works. At the video i heared,that in case if you will be logout, the system will be send you in previous portal, how it works? The system just looking for your taken slots in portal??
      they said you will be brought back to where you enter the roads. If I guessed when you enter the roads your entry point will be saved (HO, royal, BZ, mist town) then upon logging in you will be at where ever you entered.

So if you entered roads in haytor went through 5 zones and logged. You are back at haytor entrance with equipment damaged and loss of some stacked items.

If enter haytor portal 2 zones enter a black zone then go into a portal. Your entry point the black zone.

From a coding standpoint this is very simple. However does raise to question access to HO that aren't urs or public HO as they can now serve as hubs possibly incase u have to log out, or an annoyance if u enter one then leave travel some zones, log out and find yourself at public HO again
    • solo content is a game from the phone. And a lot of people play on their phones. From the teophone everything is loaded longer. so no one wants to take such gamers to the party. and also, solo play is a game for beginners. I haven't found my guild yet. so this is serious. there is no need to break something that already weighs on a hair. many will simply leave the world of allbion and that's it.
    • ZfreedZ wrote:

I was excited for this update until now... Now I'm just worried.

I can definitely see that being a concern. Hopefully the content in the non-raid Road zones will be doable by ~3 players. If that's the case the main concern is gank pressure from the 6-player groups. Maybe move through another blue portal and lock the whole group out of chasing (immediately, at least)

I'd be curious to see how everything pans out first, then maybe drop the blue portal charges down to 5 if warranted?
    • How would a guild contest a hideout zone where all slots already have a hideout placed? Without being able to logout there is no way for the attacker to find a zone the next day again. I have no problem with not being able to logout in the roads. However there needs to be a practical way to contest these zones. Can we have some information how this is supposed to work?
    • Oof. I saw this advertised as small group content and was thinking "ok, some refreshed content me and my friend could do"

Nope. In fact, totally removed the ability for groups of 2-3 to do the content. So now what do these groups do? Solo dungeons or Arena.. woo.

Really wish they'd add more for actual small groups. 6-12 is not small, that's pretty organised groups.
    • I lose my hopes to this game more and more. Players want to hang out with their small circle friends at their free time. Most of players mature and have things to do but you guys trying to make this game for big organized groups again and again. I think you guys need a real marketing manager.
      • I am sorry, but I have only been playing the game for about a week and the discussion about the new update has me confused.
      • I have only been to the blue and yellow zones and haven't seen anything resembling guild hideouts yet, so please forgive me if I don't understand completely.
      • I am curious about the amount of time that you permit being logged out on the roads (which I am perhaps not experienced enough to understand that those even are in game terms). I play the game on my phone, which in and of itself provides lots of connection issues (thanks T-mobile) but my wife seems to think that communicating through text messages is the only form of communication, even with one room dividing us. This adds to the issue with the road updates due to having to respond to my wife.