Idea for spear buffs and reworks

• Combat Balance
    • Idea for spear buffs and reworks

Spears are kind of in a bad spot right now in group content so here's a list of reasonable buffs and reworks.

Forest of spears: Damage per Tick: 35.96 to 40
      Enemies inside the AoE are slowed by 25%.

Harpoon CD: 20 -> 18

Inner Focus: Can now move while channeling but with 30% reduced movement speed

Spirit Spear Charge: 28% AA buff -> 32% AA buff

Spirit Spear: 35% range buff -> 25% range buff

Heron ult: Throw a 5m charged spear that hits the ground after 1.1 seconds. On impact it deals current heron damage and stuns for 1 second (ignores crows control resistance and duration)
      1 second after the impact, an aftershock emits dealing 20% the damage of the impact and slows by 10% for 5 seconds. (ignores crowd control resistance and duration)
      Cast time: 0 -> 0.4
      Cooldown not changed
      Range: 16m

Pike ult: Deals 200 damage, roots for 1.5 seconds (ignores cc resistance and duration) and reduces resistances for 2s based on how much spirit charges you have
      0 charges: 0.20
      1 charge: 0.28
      2 charges: 0.36
      3 charges: 0.44
      Cooldown not changed

I basically want spears to be better in group content without affecting it too much in CDs.
    • I like those buffs, especially Inner Focus rework.
      I agree with AA damage increase, it's just required to spears to be good at anything. Even 40% was okay then used with Q1.
      I agree with AA range on Q2 nerf, it won't be unusable it just be considered more melee. It maybe even better to make it 35% -> 20%.
      I don't mind about buffing Forest of Spears but it feels okay and have it's place
      Harpoon nerf reverse are very welcome by me =)

But I disagree with Pike and Heron reworks.
      Heron used as a tank/bruiser weapon. CC duration means a lot for a tank users. Proposed slow is too low to be useful anyway.
      Pike used to do a high single target damage. The damage part of the kit is completely removed. I don't mind about CC duration. But oh boy. That pathetic duration on Resistance shred make it's E pure waste. Also Pike starts to compete with Spirit Hunter in terms of shred value. With proposed values Spirit Hunter just outclasses Pike.

Also I'd like to see some buff on resilience penetration across the board.

And do not forget about Daybreaker - it's a trash tier weapon, completely outclassed by Gloves and Maces
      Humble solo open world enjoyer. Adept of Spears.
    • about the pike rework i wanted it to be a very high res shred spear that can be used in brawl / oneshot comps comps to help other weapons deal high amounts of damage but i think yeah the duration should be buffed to 3s atleast.

I basically just wanted another spear zvz weapon so i thought of reworking heron since it's kinda meh anyway. With inner focus buff you can deal high amounts of damage from a distance.

all spears should get 40%-50% resilience penetration tbh

id say for daybreaker it needs a lower cast time like from 0.5 to 0.3, 20% higher damage and perhaps a 50% defense buff while in the e's animation could help it get its place in CDs.
    • almost everithing is noice imo except the E's suggestions

Heron needs to depend from cc duration to be useful

Pike rework completely unnecesary, it's better if it keeps it's identity as a single target burst weapon

Instead of pike for group content I would look for another trash tier spears like daybreaker E or reworking glaive E at this point
      Battle Bracers supremacy
    • Spirit spear AA buff all spears: 32% per stack

Harpoon W: 18 sec cooldown

Heron spear: 50% res. Penetration.

Trinity spear: 40% res. Penetration.
      Trinity spear rework: new E "Poseidón Wave"
      Create a Water Wave while jumping and carrying 8 players max. To the targeted location. Creates a Magic aura that reduces 40% first slot ability cooldown and 30% second slot ability cooldown (this way auttoattack Q2 Trinity monkey ends and becomes group fight useful bruiser).
      Damage same.Cc same. Cooldown same.

Glaive: 40% res. Penetration.

Pike:30% res. Penetration for a 1v1 it's ok.

One handed spear: should be ok with 32% AA buff per stack.

Daybraker: reduce 50% cast time, buff 20% speed E.

The post was edited 2 times, last by PaladinJavier ().

• Schmellow wrote:

PaladinJavier wrote:

Pike:30% res. Penetration for a 1v1 it's ok.
      This is oddly specific. For a 1v1 it makes no difference, it could be zero - res pen does not work in 1v1sWhich makes 50% for heron even more odd. Do you expect it to be played in groups or zvz?
      yes, You are right about pike. Since this weapon has no movement or range enough in Open world should be the de facto spear for PVP/corrupted dungeon.

Yes, heron spear for group fights. Should be stronger now for compositions but not that strong with the 25 secs cooldown and the tricky shot not easy to use. Would still be steps behind demon fang imo but gotta test it yet.
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

yes, You are right about pike. Since this weapon has no movement or range enough in Open world should be the de facto spear for PVP/corrupted dungeon.
      Yes, heron spear for group fights. Should be stronger now for compositions but not that strong with the 25 secs cooldown and the tricky shot not easy to use. Would still be steps behind demon fang imo but gotta test it yet.

We have a 75% res pen on dagger and dagger pair. They are purely single target damage weapons. I'd like to have more res pen on single target and less on AoE
      Humble solo open world enjoyer. Adept of Spears.
    • GreenWizard987 wrote:

PaladinJavier wrote:

We have a 75% res pen on dagger and dagger pair. They are purely single target damage weapons. I'd like to have more res pen on single target and less on AoE
      This is one of the reasons glaives were so strong in 5v5 and led to subsequent nerf. I doubt they would bring this back or apply it to another weapon (although I wish they would)
    • DirtySentinel wrote:

GreenWizard987 wrote:

PaladinJavier wrote:

This is one of the reasons glaives were so strong in 5v5 and led to subsequent nerf. I doubt they would bring this back or apply it to another weapon (although I wish they would)
      Not sure glaive was meta because damage But cc/ kidnapping Style was strong due to pure dps builds are really glass canon.

Right now DOT META has some few competence.

Sbi haces nerf/ Big buff polítics doesn't feel to balance correctly the Game in My opinion. I mean they should buff weapon and see what happens before totally erasing a weapon line. You Will nevera reach a balance lifting up and down weapons at same time.