The Request for NDA Playtester

    • The Request for NDA Playtester

      Open Letter to Retro:

      Dear Retromann,

      You seek NDA Playtester and you have recently renewed your request for new people, let me give you a feedback on why I don't apply.

      1) First of, data privacy and document requirements you seek for someone unpaid is through the roof. No payment but a huge time investment on top with spoiling huge private data without need.

      2) I feel that current feedback from Testserver is completely more or less ignored. Me and a lot of people have given you feedback on builds of Testserver, which you contiously ignore. Even detailed warnings about broken things which came true in life you Panic treated on life while completely ignoring it while feedbacked on test was there for several weeks.
      If the feedback on test is ignored, why should I feel it is treated well for the time and invest in playtest?

      3) current feedback on forum is even a lot is there, completely ignored. At least that's my feeling. Prominent example is 10+ treads about sword, while sword having a positive winrate vs ALL other weapons. Again, people have a feeling of being completely ignored, if u don't value this input why should I invest time in playtest, if there is not better responsiveness. Example support_god he is not the best or even a good pvp player, but he invests a lot of time. Even he tells you about sword major issues, and I feel you ignore it - so why invest time unpaid if it's not felt valued?

      So remove your data grab, stop ignoring player feedback, have active community interaction, raise quality and then I will happily reconsider your request to apply for Playtester.

      But in the current state of quality responsiveness and interaction i am not interested at all to give my name for it.
    • i feel happy and sad at the same time
      its mixed feelings

      i do feel that this game could have gone further than i dream of when i first started 2 years ago
      only 50% of what i expected in this game have been achieved

      yes i do invest alot of time into the game
      maybe not as much as before as IRL catches up
      but i still love the game and how far you have come

      as for why i dont join is because test times you have set for internal testing is like in the dead of night for me
      3am (18 -19 utc) on week days i might add

      when it goes onto the public test realm after internal test i do test out with friends and people on the forums
      and give my opinions after
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

      #RiskVSRewardCult

      Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      i feel happy and sad at the same time
      its mixed feelings

      i do feel that this game could have gone further than i dream of when i first started 2 years ago
      only 50% of what i expected in this game have been achieved

      yes i do invest alot of time into the game
      maybe not as much as before as IRL catches up
      but i still love the game and how far you have come

      as for why i dont join is because test times you have set for internal testing is like in the dead of night for me
      3am (18 -19 utc) on week days i might add

      when it goes onto the public test realm after internal test i do test out with friends and people on the forums
      and give my opinions after
      yes, we all give or gave feedback, i just feel it's a complete waste.

      Remember this one patch where I did a full test with detailed feedback what each change does and what will be broken. I hit everything, everyone agreed. It was implemented 4 weeks later without the work i did and it needed several hotfix after that hit by "surprise". Since that time I just test, take my note, predict the new meta and play the market of artifact.. which each time with low effort gives me around 500 Mio..silver.

      As an example i have provided feedback on the heal thing and the switch to ironroot of 2 hg .. because I am done buying ironroot..
    • Trial_hard wrote:

      Open Letter to Retro:

      Dear Retromann,

      You seek NDA Playtester and you have recently renewed your request for new people, let me give you a feedback on why I don't apply.

      1) First of, data privacy and document requirements you seek for someone unpaid is through the roof. No payment but a huge time investment on top with spoiling huge private data without need.

      I personally highly disagree here. If anything it is the same with every other NDA I've signed where you gain access to game data/builds of the game prior to anyone else to test and give feedback on.

      I'm currently testing three different FPS games that are in development and I checked the NDA I signed for all three, all of which require the same information the Albion Online NDA requires you to give. At the end of the day if you break the NDA they need your irl information so they can take you to court/fine you for breaking the contract.

      Pretty standard.
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      Open Letter to Retro:

      Dear Retromann,

      You seek NDA Playtester and you have recently renewed your request for new people, let me give you a feedback on why I don't apply.

      1) First of, data privacy and document requirements you seek for someone unpaid is through the roof. No payment but a huge time investment on top with spoiling huge private data without need.
      I personally highly disagree here. If anything it is the same with every other NDA I've signed where you gain access to game data/builds of the game prior to anyone else to test and give feedback on.

      I'm currently testing three different FPS games that are in development and I checked the NDA I signed for all three, all of which require the same information the Albion Online NDA requires you to give. At the end of the day if you break the NDA they need your irl information so they can take you to court/fine you for breaking the contract.

      Pretty standard.
      well, 2 completely different things.

      I have Playtested as NDA tester for several mmo, too.

      The main difference is, these mmo are not yet on the market if these have this heavy NDA efforts for testers.

      And the reason is quite obvious. A not yet released game is heavy impacted by bad review / leak of unfinished products. Albion was released long ago and balance adjustments or patches have way less impact on sales as a new product start. On top if u have a new product you want to protect the IPR that it not gets stolen before release..Albion openly talks about the features before playtest..

      So both reason for heavy NDA do not impact a released product in contrary to games i alpha / closed beta.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

      Robinhoodrs wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      Open Letter to Retro:

      Dear Retromann,

      You seek NDA Playtester and you have recently renewed your request for new people, let me give you a feedback on why I don't apply.

      1) First of, data privacy and document requirements you seek for someone unpaid is through the roof. No payment but a huge time investment on top with spoiling huge private data without need.
      I personally highly disagree here. If anything it is the same with every other NDA I've signed where you gain access to game data/builds of the game prior to anyone else to test and give feedback on.
      I'm currently testing three different FPS games that are in development and I checked the NDA I signed for all three, all of which require the same information the Albion Online NDA requires you to give. At the end of the day if you break the NDA they need your irl information so they can take you to court/fine you for breaking the contract.

      Pretty standard.
      well, 2 completely different things.
      I have Playtested as NDA tester for several mmo, too.

      The main difference is, these mmo are not yet on the market if these have this heavy NDA efforts for testers.

      And the reason is quite obvious. A not yet released game is heavy impacted by bad review / leak of unfinished products. Albion was released long ago and balance adjustments or patches have way less impact on sales as a new product start. On top if u have a new product you want to protect the IPR that it not gets stolen before release..Albion openly talks about the features before playtest..

      So both reason for heavy NDA do not impact a released product in contrary to games i alpha / closed beta.
      False.

      NDA testers have access to things we don't even know is coming until the test day itself.
    • Take mists - mists was at release of information conceptual art and paperwork.

      So yes, you can spoil the details but i know pretty well what is to be expected in mists and it has not yet been tested at the moment the information was released.

      We are already discussing with Obelis the issue of mounts in this environment, the option to kill mounts with special pots, and that unconditional mobility e.g. bows / gloves / bloodletter will be an issue..

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Trial_hard ().

    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      Robinhoodrs wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      Open Letter to Retro:

      Dear Retromann,

      You seek NDA Playtester and you have recently renewed your request for new people, let me give you a feedback on why I don't apply.

      1) First of, data privacy and document requirements you seek for someone unpaid is through the roof. No payment but a huge time investment on top with spoiling huge private data without need.
      I personally highly disagree here. If anything it is the same with every other NDA I've signed where you gain access to game data/builds of the game prior to anyone else to test and give feedback on.I'm currently testing three different FPS games that are in development and I checked the NDA I signed for all three, all of which require the same information the Albion Online NDA requires you to give. At the end of the day if you break the NDA they need your irl information so they can take you to court/fine you for breaking the contract.

      Pretty standard.
      well, 2 completely different things.I have Playtested as NDA tester for several mmo, too.

      The main difference is, these mmo are not yet on the market if these have this heavy NDA efforts for testers.

      And the reason is quite obvious. A not yet released game is heavy impacted by bad review / leak of unfinished products. Albion was released long ago and balance adjustments or patches have way less impact on sales as a new product start. On top if u have a new product you want to protect the IPR that it not gets stolen before release..Albion openly talks about the features before playtest..

      So both reason for heavy NDA do not impact a released product in contrary to games i alpha / closed beta.
      False.
      NDA testers have access to things we don't even know is coming until the test day itself.
      look the entire NDA RT SBI comms are available, and Equart discussed it on stream.

      My recommendation on top to SBI is, as you already think twice about restrictions on battle mounts in mists, I strongly recommend to use various unpredictable IP Caps on the mists. Like 1200, then 1400 soft with 50% and then 80%.

      And after the next one way an uncapped mists cluster. This way u make sure the 8.3 uncapped in super mobility is not ultimate and unkillable..
    • Akhenaden wrote:

      Swords have suffered many direct nerfs and many indirectly in this year.The way to balance is not only to nerf weapons but to buff others or change abilitie. They look at the feedback but can't answer 100% of your cry against swords.
      this thread my friend is not about sword balance. There is 20+ threads to cover this OP thing that got uncommented by dev.

      This thread is about NDA testing
    • Trial_hard wrote:

      Robinhoodrs wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      Robinhoodrs wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      Open Letter to Retro:

      Dear Retromann,

      You seek NDA Playtester and you have recently renewed your request for new people, let me give you a feedback on why I don't apply.

      1) First of, data privacy and document requirements you seek for someone unpaid is through the roof. No payment but a huge time investment on top with spoiling huge private data without need.
      I personally highly disagree here. If anything it is the same with every other NDA I've signed where you gain access to game data/builds of the game prior to anyone else to test and give feedback on.I'm currently testing three different FPS games that are in development and I checked the NDA I signed for all three, all of which require the same information the Albion Online NDA requires you to give. At the end of the day if you break the NDA they need your irl information so they can take you to court/fine you for breaking the contract.
      Pretty standard.
      well, 2 completely different things.I have Playtested as NDA tester for several mmo, too.
      The main difference is, these mmo are not yet on the market if these have this heavy NDA efforts for testers.

      And the reason is quite obvious. A not yet released game is heavy impacted by bad review / leak of unfinished products. Albion was released long ago and balance adjustments or patches have way less impact on sales as a new product start. On top if u have a new product you want to protect the IPR that it not gets stolen before release..Albion openly talks about the features before playtest..

      So both reason for heavy NDA do not impact a released product in contrary to games i alpha / closed beta.
      False.NDA testers have access to things we don't even know is coming until the test day itself.
      look the entire NDA RT SBI comms are available, and Equart discussed it on stream.
      My recommendation on top to SBI is, as you already think twice about restrictions on battle mounts in mists, I strongly recommend to use various unpredictable IP Caps on the mists. Like 1200, then 1400 soft with 50% and then 80%.

      And after the next one way an uncapped mists cluster. This way u make sure the 8.3 uncapped in super mobility is not ultimate and unkillable..
      The Roundtable isn't under any sort of NDA.
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      Robinhoodrs wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      Robinhoodrs wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      Open Letter to Retro:

      Dear Retromann,

      You seek NDA Playtester and you have recently renewed your request for new people, let me give you a feedback on why I don't apply.

      1) First of, data privacy and document requirements you seek for someone unpaid is through the roof. No payment but a huge time investment on top with spoiling huge private data without need.
      I personally highly disagree here. If anything it is the same with every other NDA I've signed where you gain access to game data/builds of the game prior to anyone else to test and give feedback on.I'm currently testing three different FPS games that are in development and I checked the NDA I signed for all three, all of which require the same information the Albion Online NDA requires you to give. At the end of the day if you break the NDA they need your irl information so they can take you to court/fine you for breaking the contract.Pretty standard.
      well, 2 completely different things.I have Playtested as NDA tester for several mmo, too.The main difference is, these mmo are not yet on the market if these have this heavy NDA efforts for testers.

      And the reason is quite obvious. A not yet released game is heavy impacted by bad review / leak of unfinished products. Albion was released long ago and balance adjustments or patches have way less impact on sales as a new product start. On top if u have a new product you want to protect the IPR that it not gets stolen before release..Albion openly talks about the features before playtest..

      So both reason for heavy NDA do not impact a released product in contrary to games i alpha / closed beta.
      False.NDA testers have access to things we don't even know is coming until the test day itself.
      look the entire NDA RT SBI comms are available, and Equart discussed it on stream.My recommendation on top to SBI is, as you already think twice about restrictions on battle mounts in mists, I strongly recommend to use various unpredictable IP Caps on the mists. Like 1200, then 1400 soft with 50% and then 80%.

      And after the next one way an uncapped mists cluster. This way u make sure the 8.3 uncapped in super mobility is not ultimate and unkillable..
      The Roundtable isn't under any sort of NDA.
      well, you have a section of the forum, that just a few can enter and read.

      On top there is regular calls with developer about what's come

      Normal players have no access to this section

      It needs "leaks" that people get the information

      But u say, it is not a secret aka under NDA and everyone can expose it who has access...

      Why is it then not public viewable? Just curious
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      I've always said the RT should be publicly viewable.
      then it will come out how retarded the lobby is and how many dramas would be created.

      the very fact of the recent NDA addressed mainly to the demon fang a instead of hitting the problem directly i.e.. demon fang nerf hits the whole dagger tree by nerf on blades.
      NDA testers are retarded, not like half of them are AFK in the game..

      To quote one of them " otherwise the weapon would be unusable" so that better nerf the PVE'rs etc.. cause he must looby for the ZVZ meme af

      just like leaked data mining, who has seen it knows how retarded these ideas are like immortality for x amount of time when you nerf cleric robe and you want to add another armor part with the same effect....

      cowl that completely removes the ability to interrupt, not only will you need purge for that heavy CC.... this is so ridiculous and so retarded....

      not to mention overstacking when it comes to defensives.... take a review of any clip/video of ZVZ from 3 years ago and you will see how little CC and defensives there were as the gameplay was healthy.... now you stack 20 defensives this is retarded gameplay instead of balancing it correctly so that timing and iframe has value and 1 well timed defensive has more value than stacking demon armor,judi,enig,g arcane and the rest of the shit..


      I would like to see exactly these secret NDA talks why instead of nerf demon fang they have to nerf the whole tree when the problem is not raw DMG but res pen and how dumb and easy to use it is. :D :D

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().

    • @Quagga and @Trial_hard

      i dont know how you view round table
      but its not as it seems
      we rarely do Item/weapon balance up there

      we normaly talk about game state and potential ideas to solve them. like last season's rats issue

      or the devs simply bounce ideas around top season G leaders and some people who are Top of their class in X content
      on upcoming ideas in development at the start of their life cycle

      they dont share leaks to people in round table about their progress in development
      as most leaks are done through dev talks and player' (data miner's) efforts
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

      #RiskVSRewardCult

      Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      @Quagga and @Trial_hard

      i dont know how you view round table
      but its not as it seems
      we rarely do Item/weapon balance up there

      we normaly talk about game state and potential ideas to solve them. like last season's rats issue

      or the devs simply bounce ideas around top season G leaders and some people who are Top of their class in X content
      on upcoming ideas in development at the start of their life cycle

      they dont share leaks to people in round table about their progress in development
      as most leaks are done through dev talks and player' (data miner's) efforts
      talking to people who are currently in nda test and some of them admitted that over 50% of the current nda testers are retarded and should never be there
      They are semi afk in the game and are only there because they are OG.

      To this the GVG lobby and the "OG" people of zvz.
      you can see what garbage is the meta in ZVZ, what is the state of ZVZ, there are no new forces there, in BZ we have all the time the same people just re-brand every season to lure new people and disband with the next season and so potato farm newbies.

      pushing a shitload of updates so that any mobile Sunday player can log into the game and gather resources in the T8 zone without stress and be as a meat shield in ZVZ.
      this is the state of the game.

      Seasons is the biggest shit in this game, you see who is top 1-2 ? the two shittiest guilds in the game, they are worse than NPC and why are they top1 ? because all you need is merc GVG and have noobs that can raid mages 24/7 in flat 6 set.

      300 people guilds that are able to mass 50-80 people are not even able to start fighting over territories the handhold and alliance system is so deep that renters are farmed and the next day 300 people show up and you are not able to leave HO/HQ
      That's the kind of lobby we have in Albion. TRASH

      if you're not an OG and haven't played the game 5 years and aren't at full 8.3 you can dream about territories. the alliance system in the game is trash as is the amount of people in guilds and alliances.

      where are the posts of these OGs about the lack of competition and the war ? even reset day is trash, they all take what they have to take and only set up the content so that their potato farms people don't complain and leave. That's the garbage system we have in BZ, that's why RT should be official.

      GARBAGE this is the state of black zone