Cleric robe nerf is unnecessary. Better buff other cloth robes.

• Combat Balance
    • Cleric robe nerf is unnecessary. Better buff other cloth robes.

People don't use cloth aside from cleric not because it's too good, but because every single cloth robe got nerfed to the ground.
      Here an examples:
      Mage robe was used a lot while solo dungeons were introduced. Duration was reduced from 6 to 4 seconds. Removed purge effect trigger on DoTs
      Scholar got indirect nerfs. It's just not useful in any weapon aside from some ZvZ staff
      Fiend robe got it's deserved nerf but it's just worse option for every content aside from ganking and 2v2s
      Druid had its max damage decreased by a large margin.
      Cultist got removed out of existence until now. It's back because more hit'n'run corrupted builds created by a community
      Purity got a duration and CD nerf

Cleric in other hands only got buffed. It was solid option back in good old days but not the only viable. Do not nerf cleric. Buff everything else pls.
      It's time to stop nerf train and look back for a moment.
      I believe what even after nerf cleric would dominate every cloth robe in usage. I believe that many builds will shift toward Assassin jacket if Cleric stops work for them. And the nerf train continues.
      Humble solo open world enjoyer. Adept of Spears.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GreenWizard987: I forgot about existence of Robe of Purity =( ().

• As a newer player I may not know the intricacies of equipment balance yet, but I do see that a large amount of players players, myself included, are using cleric robes.

They're not using leather, plate or other cloth robes, but mainly cleric robes.

There are two possible reasons for that:
      - Cleric robes are too strong
      - Robes are too strong (and cleric robes happen to be the most popular robes)

Either way, addressing cleric robes is the way to fix that issue if we want to see more variation in usage of robes and other chest pieces.
    • Plate mostly have team oriented abilities and little personal defences often relying on their base stats to tank
      one exception would be soldier armor for being a dps tank hybrid. curse often use this to buy time for DPS dots to ramp up while kiting

leather is suppose to be the best mix of defence vs offence but all skills on leather are very offensive orientated
      needing to auto attack or get up close and personal.
      Melees this would be perfect for melee weapons

cloth on the other hand is your typical glass cannon with pretty low base defences in exchange for a high attack power
      and the ability to protect them requires its skills to be mostly defence oriented
      cleric - invi
      mage - purge
      purity and fiend - knock back / fear
      cultist - heals

there are exceptions where royal, druid and scholar is forcing the limit for max dps via sacrifice survivalbility

So a cheap alternative, readily available, always reliable item with minimal drawback for Dps is cleric robe
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • cleric robe is a noob stomper. most noobs burn everything and get jebaited by cleric robe and die.

It's a matter of skill not an item, for that the mage robe is the best counter choice vs cleric robe. Instead of crying about NERF CLERIC maybe start using mage robe, so ppl will be forced to stop using cleric robe, idk.

+ cleric's robe is a filler when it comes to dmg stacking. Sbi has already nerfed dmg cap 3578574847x, and you want to cut another 20% from dmg pull.... this is just retarded..
      I like armor that I can use as offensive armor to finish off a target faster or use it as pure defensive armor.
    • Quagga wrote:

cleric robe is a noob stomper. most noobs burn everything and get jebaited by cleric robe and die.

It's a matter of skill not an item, for that the mage robe is the best counter choice vs cleric robe. Instead of crying about NERF CLERIC maybe start using mage robe, so ppl will be forced to stop using cleric robe, idk.

+ cleric's robe is a filler when it comes to dmg stacking. Sbi has already nerfed dmg cap 3578574847x, and you want to cut another 20% from dmg pull.... this is just retarded..
      I like armor that I can use as offensive armor to finish off a target faster or use it as pure defensive armor.
      Mage robe were better 1v1 choice back then. It become pretty bad after SBI cut duration and removed purge from DoTs. That's not the point of this post. The point is: SBI nerfed every piece except cleric. Now they want to nerf cleric. It's pointless.
    • GreenWizard987 wrote:

Quagga wrote:

cleric robe is a noob stomper. most noobs burn everything and get jebaited by cleric robe and die.

Mage robe were better 1v1 choice back then. It become pretty bad after SBI cut duration and removed purge from DoTs. That's not the point of this post. The point is: SBI nerfed every piece except cleric. Now they want to nerf cleric. It's pointless.
      swap order purge->hit

of course add some exceptions but such spells as grudge,mage cowl etc.... would not apply the effect cause of purge->hit

similar was with carving small change with order pierce->dmg and boom fixed.

The rest of the armor seems to be ok and has its place.
      maybe cultist robe slightly buff/rework to bring back open world option for solo/small scale CLOTH.

McDobs wrote:

If that means that me E lands and not every dps and healer have immunity and damage boost then yes...
      how would you like to play vs reflect in big zvz ? you realize that when you take immune you remove 50% of the weapons from the game.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Quagga ().

• GreenWizard987 wrote:

It was not better. There was another meta. What is the application of this robe atm in 1v1? What can you purge? Only healing jacket or cleric robe, but to make some profit you need high burst damage. But everyone with this damage gets more profit from jacket and cleric, not mage robe)
      What is its application in group pvp? It does not provide a survivability and almost nothing to purge.
      Its duration should be similar to fire shield and it should provide more armour rating to make it viable.
    • The problem with cleric robe is not that it is too good but that it is good in any situation.

Unlike the cleric cowl that is good for deffense only and is not on every build because not every build needs deffense.

Cleric robe needs a rework. Remove the dmg buff, add a dmg reduction, and increase the duration. Turn it into a deffensive robe.
    • By this judgment of SBI they should nerf hellion and mercenary even more but hey who am I to judge the "good" decision this game developers do, the game is boring cause it is the same meta, magic weapon rework did nothing, only made arcane good in cd and 5 es the rest are the same crap.

Same old Q spam frost with 0 diversity, you get to play the game once 30 second until your Cape and robe ce back up.

Same old and useless fire staff with 0 pressure cause it's Aoe Q is a joke except zvz and his E are good but eh who cares not consistent enough.

And curse was always the most solid option and I only play it in small scale cause it is the only one consistent and good enough.
    • Sethis wrote:

GreenWizard987 wrote:

It was not better. There was another meta. What is the application of this robe atm in 1v1? What can you purge? Only healing jacket or cleric robe, but to make some profit you need high burst damage. But everyone with this damage gets more profit from jacket and cleric, not mage robe)What is its application in group pvp? It does not provide a survivability and almost nothing to purge.
      Its duration should be similar to fire shield and it should provide more armour rating to make it viable.
      It was a better option indeed. At least in 1v1 and some small scale. You had ability to purge mercenary/hellion/stalker jacket, cleric robe, scholar cowl, soldier armor, assassin jacket and undead cape (mostly because of purge on DoTs), and most of used shoes.

There a lot of things to purge in small scale nowadays. Hellion jacket meta BTW, didn't you notice? The real problem begins if you consider duration of mage robe.

Anyways, folks, you are missing the point. Nerf of every single toy we have is unhealthy for the game in general. That's what I trying to say. I'd like to see some retrospective approach from Devs. AFAIK they nerf the best and hardly buff anything else.
    • GreenWizard987 wrote:

It was a better option indeed. At least in 1v1 and some small scale. You had ability to purge mercenary/hellion/stalker jacket, cleric robe, scholar cowl, soldier armor, assassin jacket and undead cape (mostly because of purge on DoTs), and most of used shoes.
      There a lot of things to purge in small scale nowadays. Hellion jacket meta BTW, didn't you notice? The real problem begins if you consider duration of mage robe.

Anyways, folks, you are missing the point. Nerf of every single toy we have is unhealthy for the game in general. That's what I trying to say. I'd like to see some retrospective approach from Devs. AFAIK they nerf the best and hardly buff anything else.
      Purge scholar cowl or stalker jacket? Really? You are willing to exchange survivability for useless purge?) The only real application is hellion jacket or cleric robe. The first is a dot. And both of them must focus you to make purge work.
      Yes, current defense design lack consistency and systematic approach. They nerf something when it becomes dominant because it is much easier to nerf one item then buff 6.