Arena is the purest garbage EVER

• Arena is the purest garbage EVER

Arena is the utterly trash possible, you have healers with infinity mana and very broken cooldowns and weapons like deathbringer that can almost oneshot you like that easily. Ok, I understand you wanted to "balance" players in this mod by putting down their damage so other players can have a chance but, why deathbringers, bloodletter and other assassin weapons can almost ONESHOT YOU while other good pvp weapons must stick to the garbage damage? Also why healers have infinity mana? This only makes the stress of this game mode takes longer, you hit a healer with everything you have, all your team does, still he can activate a SHIELD and be INVINCIBLE for a few seconds, enough to recover ALL HIS LIFE AND MANA. Seriously, arena is the utterly garbage game mode existent in this game, and it's dev's fault, you don't gfive a F* to fix those issues that are there for YEARS.
    • People need to learn how to play. A half competent healer can survive the ogga-bogga, while their team's dps gets a kill. At the low level arenas it is very much a game of a 'mash all your buttons at once and hope for the best'. It gets a little better as you climb rank.

As others have said, skill is an issue.
    • As a newer player with a little arena experience as healer, I found that using a Scholar Cowl is great for energy.

As long as enemy players keep mindlessly attacking me while that buff is up, I do indeed have 'infinite mana'.

(Hint: stop attacking enemy healers with that buff up if you see your attacks are making their energy go up.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mandulf ().

• all my friends who main arena are silver 4 or gold 1 and they say that top elo is much better
      as a solo or 3 or 5 people at higher elo people know how to fight proper and bring proper gear

i dont go arena as much and i can tell you solo arena in low elo you will meet a troll build 50% of the time
      its near impossible to climb. as communication is very important.
      4 randoms + you is not going to be a good day in low elo

its basically like league of legends casual / iron elo vs high diamond
      you cannot expect casual games to not have that shaco top or that troll who wants try new champ in casual games
      except in league of legends you can HARD carry your team solo with that nasus or irelia but you cannot 1v5 in this game
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • The same shit is in every "elo", 3 or 5 is the only way to have fun in the arena

Even with 3 premades you can have 2 inters who keep dying and never play with the team.
      it is not the game that is the problem, but the mentality of new players.

one thing that can improve the experience of solo players in arena is matchamking based on in game time.
      So that a 1 week newbie will not be on a team with someone who have 1 year in game time
    • @Yiotoo
      then what would be the diffrence between it and hell gates?
      its like comparing team death match to capture the flag in any shooter game
      both is a shooter game to kill the target but win condition is diffrent

capture and hold position vs Kill target has 2 very different playstyles
      capture and hold opens up alot more different viable tactics than kill only

hence why spiked gauntlet did not stay in crystal meta as much as in HG meta
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • Arena and Crystal Arena ultimately exist to teach players (especially new ones) the concept of Albion's pvp scene.

It can help you to understand how a weapon( or build) works, its counters, what it counters and is basically a safe environment for people to learn how to play the game. That is why the Arena rewards specifically aren't that great. Because You are paying with your time to learn and that is invaluable in and of itself
    • #1 Arena matchmaking is bad 90% of the game's I play there is at least a 100 - 150 ip difference in teams. This didn't start happening until I reached silver 3 now every match for the past 4 days I have been expected to carry every single team and have lost 100 rank points.
      It has been impossible to win 2 games in a row.
      #2 50% of the time someone AFK's
      #3 If I play on healer i'm doing 100 - 170k heals but we still lose because the team is absolute garbage and if I play as DPS i'm doing 50 - 100k dmg per match with the rest of my team doing 5 - 15k dmg and the healer dying in one hit.
      I don't think it's just bad luck as I said this did not start happening till I hit silver 3 and was 1 win from silver 4.

#4 At some point someone thought it was a good idea to nerf holy flash and add a .4 second delay to it because "muh hallowfal is too OP and the retarded completely overpowered exploding AOE staffs can't kill them" well guess what clearly that mechanic wasn't even play tested and some smart guy just added it in. Well that .4 second delay screws up the heals, graphically other players see it land so they move but wait there's a .4 second delay and in that .4 seconds they run away from the holy flash. GG you miss 75% of the heals, brilliant.

Hey at this point why not just give people golden guns that one shot kill everyone because that's pretty much where this game is at right now with these stupid overpowered staffs everywhere. There is NO balance, it's make these staffs as overpowered as possible give players ZERO way to counter them nerf all the healer builds and then set them loose. Brilliant.

And WTF do you only get 9 points for winning but lose 12 points if its a loss? This is retarded as well considering how bad the que matchmaking is.

And one more thing. I have been running it non stop since I came back i've seen just about every player in que. And then out of nowhere I see some gold 3 ranked guy running around (who BTW was a complete and utter scrub) who I never once ran into in the arena while everyone else is on silver 2 and 3?
      Highly suspect....

Too much making everything overpowered and nerfing healers.
      Especially holy flash wtf possessed you people to nerf this spell so it doesn't cast correctly on targets? JFC omg our stupid op staffs are not being op enough hurry nerf the healers!
    • if you get killed by deathgivers you really should improve....
      this alone is a statement of your leak of skill tbh.
      deathgivers do zero damage if you know how positioning and def cooldowns work.... but obvsly you does not but you wanna talk about "balance".
      if you dont wanna be the reason for your own problem learn the game and THEN talk about balance.... since sbi tend to listen to noob garbage here and there.

EDIT: oh and btw you can purge clerics. good players do this within milliseconds.
      killing healers is not that hard. most arena healers are literaly suiciding. not killing them in 1 rotation is a shame....

The post was edited 1 time, last by CallMeGosu ().

• CallMeGosu wrote:

if you get killed by deathgivers you really should improve....
      this alone is a statement of your leak of skill tbh.
      deathgivers do zero damage if you know how positioning and def cooldowns work.... but obvsly you does not but you wanna talk about "balance".
      if you dont wanna be the reason for your own problem learn the game and THEN talk about balance.... since sbi tend to listen to noob garbage here and there.

EDIT: oh and btw you can purge clerics. good players do this within milliseconds.
      killing healers is not that hard. most arena healers are literaly suiciding. not killing them in 1 rotation is a shame....
      Purge does take 0.5 seconds to purge no matter how fast you cast it, so the person will at least have 0.5 seconds of immunity and 20% dmg+heal and it is enough to cancel E spells, combos, run back, etc

A single beam can make the player withstand damage from 3+ players... (don't you dare say swap targets because this is not how crystal arena players brain works... they just spam one skill on one player while watching Netflix)

Also I see people with Oxes, gathering gear, etc 800 IP... at the very very very least raise the minimum arena requirements to 1000. And let the plebs fight on the non-ranked arena.