Testserver Patch Notes - Into the Fray Patch 7

    • Testserver Patch Notes - Into the Fray Patch 7

      Into the Fray Patch 7

      New Victory Emotes

      This patch brings six new Victory Emotes to the game, which can be equipped via the Appearance menu:
      • Hellgate
      • Sword
      • Hammer
      • Mobile Banner
      • Desktop Banner
      • Controller Banner
      As with all Victory Emotes, these are available ingame for Gold, or via Twitch Drops.

      Other Changes and Improvements
      • The Claim Rewards UI has been reworked, with paging and scrolling added alongside other visual improvements
      • Custom Matches can now be initiated by a third party player. That player can act as an organizer who invites two teams, without taking part in the fight.
      • Removed obsolete / outdated Castle Season Point Breakdown information from UIs
      • Guild Estates UI now shows HQ Qualification and Booster information for guilds who already have a Headquarters Hideout
      • Furniture can no longer be placed on top of loot bags
      • [MOBILE] Increased auto-target maximum range
      Combat Balance Changes
      Arcane Staffs
      The recent Arcane Staff rework made them very popular, but also created a few issues. Firstly, their damage output in 5v5 was too high, so to tone this down consecutive jumps of Chain Missile now deal significantly less damage. This also offers more counter play through body-blocking the projectile to reduce damage to the backline. Its damage in 1v1 is unchanged. Enigma Blade was still providing a bit too much value on a W-slot ability, so its damage output was toned down a bit. Great Arcane provides a lot of utility in ZvZ and is especially strong as a defensive weapon. The main intended counter to this is to bait the Time Freeze out before committing fully to an attack - however, the short invulnerability window allowed Time Freeze to be chained quite frequently in a large-scale fight. To make a baited Time Freeze more impactful, players are now invulnerable to a further Time Freeze for a significantly longer time. Finally, Dark Sphere’s recent buffs made it much more reliable, but this reliability made its slow too oppressive. The strength of its slow has now been reduced accordingly.
      • Chain Missile (all Arcane Staffs):
        • Arcane Charge Duration: 6s → 3s
        • Projectile Bounce Range: 8m → 7m
        • Damage for each bounce after the first: 121 → 60 (The first target hit still takes 121 damage)
      • Enigma Blade (all Arcane Staffs):
        • Damage: 180 → 165
      • Time Freeze (Great Arcane):
        • Cooldown increased by 10s
        • Player Immunity after a Player Freeze: 5s → 15s
        • The Time Freeze Immunity is now displayed as a visual buff on players
      • Dark Sphere (Evensong):
        • Slow Strength: 25% → 15%
      Cursed Staffs
      With players having adapted to the new playstyle of the reworked Grudge, its damage output was somewhat too high. This has now been toned down. Damage output of Anguished Soul was also a bit high, considering its utility with the Fear effect.
      • Grudge (all Cursed Staffs):
        • 0 Stack Damage: 20 → 18
        • 1 Stack Damage: 25 → 22.5
        • 2 Stack Damage: 60 → 54
        • 3 Stack Damage: 100 → 90
        • 4 Stack Damage: 150 → 135
      • Anguished Soul (Demonic Staff)
        • Damage: 175 → 160
      Daggers
      Throwing Blades’ Damage Increase stacking made it very powerful in large-scale fights where it is easy to reach max stacks. To reduce the possible synergies with stacking damage buffs for one-shotting builds, its Damage Increase will be reduced. The raw damage of the Throwing Blade itself has been slightly increased to soften the damage reduction effects in small-scale combat.
      • Throwing Blades (all Daggers):
        • Damage Increase per Stack: 15% → 10%
        • Damage per Hit: 35 → 45
      Fire Staffs

      Fire Bolt was dealing damage too quickly in 2v2 Hellgates. To make it less oppressive its cast time was increased, but to make the ability more attractive in other content its cast range was also increased. Additionally the damage of Flame Pillar was reduced a bit, though it still has a very high burst damage potential on a potential very low cooldown.
      • Fire Bolt (all Fire Staffs)
        • Cast time: 0.7s → 0.8s
        • Cast Range: 11m → 12m
      • Flame Pillar (Great Fire Staff)
        • Damage: 200 → 190
      Frost Staffs
      Frozen Surge was still very underused after the recent rework. This Q was meant to sacrifice some damage output for its kiting and slowing potential. However its previous damage was likely still too low to make it work, so its damage has been increased a bit to see if it gets played more.
      • Frozen Surge (all Frost Staffs)
        • Damage: 80 → 90
      Holy Staffs
      Generous Heal was outshone by Holy Flash in most PvP situations. To make it a more competitive option, its cast time has been reduced and it is now more energy efficient. Great Holy offered too much utility and sustain in 2v2 Hellgates so, to give other Healing Staffs a chance to shine in this content, the sustain of Holy Explosion has been reduced. Lifetouch was underrepresented in 2v2 Hellgates, so its healing output has been increased to make it more competitive here. Redemption Staff was also somewhat underrepresented, so its energy cost has been reduced to make it a more attractive option.
      • Generous Heal (all Holy Staffs):
        • Cast Time: 0.7s → 0.6s
        • Energy Cost: 7 → 6.2
      • Holy Explosion (Great Holy Staff):
        • Resistance Increase: 0.2 → 0.12
      • Holy Touch (Lifetouch Staff):
        • Heal per Tick: 59 → 64
      • Celestial Sphere (Redemption Staff):
        • Energy Cost: 20 → 16
      Quarterstaffs
      Mystic Rocks is a strong heal denial with the downside that the caster themself does not receive healing. However, since pre-applied HoTs could circumvent this downside to a degree, activating the ability will now remove all HoTs on the caster. Quarterstaff is currently underused, so its range and cast time have been improved to make it hit enemies more reliably and provide more utility.
      • Vault Leap (Regular Quarterstaff):
        • Cast Range: 13m → 15m
        • Cast Time: 0.7s → 0.6s
      • Mystic Rocks (Staff of Balance):
        • Activating the ability now removes all HoTs on the caster
      Nature Staffs
      Cleanse Heal is an extremely powerful ability for its raw healing output. Since its Cleanse already provides a lot of value, the healing output of Cleanse Heal has been reduced.
      • Cleanse Heal (all Nature Staffs):
        • 0 stack Heal: 70 → 55
        • 1 stack Heal: 90 → 70
        • 2 stack Heal: 115 → 90
        • 3 stack Heal: 150 → 120
      Helmets
      With so many kidnap and knock up abilities in the game, Knight Helmet has been improved as a counter. Increased range and max targets make it easier to apply, and large groups will need fewer Knight Helmets, allowing some players to free up their helmet slot.
      • Displacement Immunity (Knight Helmet):
        • Max Targets: 5 → 10
        • Radius: 4m → 5m
      Armors
      Everlasting Spirit is an extremely powerful ability that is very commonly used on a lot of builds. To make other Robe abilities more attractive in comparison, its energy cost on activation has been increased.
      • Everlasting Spirit (Cleric Robe):
        • Energy Cost : 15 → 20% Max energy
      Shoes
      Some shoe abilities are currently underused, despite having an interesting core design and identity. Therefore the following improvements have been made:
      • Battle Frenzy (Graveguard Boots):
        • Movement Speed Increase: 40% → 55%
        • Duration: 6s → 5s
      • Energetic Sprint (all Cloth Sandals):
        • Energy per Tick: 4 → 5
      • Frost Walk (Druid Sandals):
        • Move Speed Increase: 45% → 55%
      • Premonition (Boots of Valor):
        • First Buff Duration: 2s → 3s
        • Movement Speed Increase: 20% → 45%
      Food
      Following the change to Everlasting Spirit, Crab Omelettes have been improved as a potential option to deal with the higher energy costs for very energy-dependent builds.
      • Crab Omelets:
        • Energy Cost Reduction Factor: 0.05 → 0.06
        • (example T7 Crab Omelette 9.5% → 11.3%
      Diminishing Returns
      With the latest changes, Diminishing Returns ramp up faster and make the mechanic much more effective in disincentivizing trying to stun-lock enemies. However with the long duration it also punished tanks for using their large stun off cooldown, by diminishing their own stun. To have less negative impact on solo tanks, the max duration of Diminishing Returns was reduced so it falls off a bit faster.
      • Max Diminishing Return Duration: 20s → 15s
      Miscellaneous
      In 2v2 Hellgates, teams employing a healer have generally stood much higher chances against teams without a healer. Having 2v2 Hellgates so reliant on healers has limited the amount of players that can enjoy this content, so to open up the possibilities of more comps without healers the overall Healing Output in 2v2 Hellgates has been reduced. Note that, as shields scale with Healing, this change also reduces the impact of other sustain comps that rely on shielding.
      • 2v2 Hellgates:
        • Healing Reduction: 10% → 20%
      Fixes
      • Guild Finder Fixes:
        • Fixed issue where adjusting the language filter in the Guild Finder could cause empty pages to generate
        • Attempting to rejoin a guild via the Guild Finder within the cooldown period now displays the correct error message
      • Spell fixes:
        • The shield of Blessed Aurora (Oathkeepers) can now be removed by shield-breaking abilities, as intended
        • Fixed issue where players affected by Time Freeze (Arcane Staffs) could still reflect damage
        • Fixed issue where overlapping aura spells would sometimes not update correctly, causing Dark Sphere stacks to behave inconsistently
      • Fixed issue where when inside a Corrupted Dungeon, the entrance would incorrectly show an exit tooltip
      • Fixed an issue where the Exit Dungeon spell would sometimes not work in Hellgates
      • Fixed issue where Alliance UI remained stuck in a default view after creating an alliance
      • [MOBILE] Fixed an issue where zooming on a map would also zoom the ingame camera
      • [CONTROLLER] Fixed an issue where it was not possible to open loot chests with a Dynamic Action
      • Various additional graphical, UI, terrain, animation, audio, and localization fixes
    • Such a joke of a patch dude, nerfing fire and cleric robe like they were top meta, gloves still broken, froststaff still garbage cause the Q is bad quarterstaffs do those even exist in the game? And healing changes are ok but what is this dude this is really all you come with on a patch? Very irelevant changes tbh
    • Buff frost, arcane, and fire just to fucking nerf them constantly for the next 3-4 patches? How about you buff weapons that aren't even viable in any aspect of the game? Let me do your job for you and give you a list.

      1H hammer
      Heron Spear
      Glaive (Just rework it already)
      1H Fire (Absolutely ass rework)
      Ava spear (Its way too slow)
      Heavy xbow (Needs armor shred or more damage)
      Dual swords (Giving attack speed isn't doing anything for it) Ignore CC during E animation ffs
      Hoarfrost (Still bad) probably because frost is ass atm thanks for that
      Hellfire Hands (They only get used in cheesy 1 shot combos)
      Wailing bow (Been dog shit forever now)
      Infernal scythe (usable but speed the animation up ffs)
      Quarterstaff (This buff if you can call it that is barely noticeable)
    • Where are the sword nerfs?
      you nerf spear basic attack why not nerf sword move speed?
      how many thread it is now people have been calling for sword nerfs? 7? 8?


      please share your matrix on how you decide what weapon gets nerf or buffs
      Riot games shared how they decide to nerf/ buff champs with win rate as reference
      so please share with us how you decide nerfs buffs
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

      #RiskVSRewardCult

      Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build

      The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

    • The_Support_God wrote:

      Where are the sword nerfs?
      you nerf spear basic attack why not nerf sword move speed?
      how many thread it is now people have been calling for sword nerfs? 7? 8?


      please share your matrix on how you decide what weapon gets nerf or buffs
      Riot games shared how they decide to nerf/ buff champs with win rate as reference
      so please share with us how you decide nerfs buffs
      Cause people play swords dude they don't nerf what people play, no one plays spears they require a bit of aim and thinking so of course it is not popular. Plus it's a sword like bruh a big sword you know what I mean hahahaha so stronk lol
    • -Fire Bolt. Really specific and odd justification for the cast speed nerf. 2vs2 hellgates…? What percentage of players even consistently play that? Weird to be fine tuning the primary source of damage for an entire skill tree due to very, very specific content. I don’t think I’ve heard about any complaints in 2vs2 regarding firebolt, heck, generally it seemed OK now balance wise across all content.

      The range increase is significant and I believe thisll end up being an overall buff. Always fighting with range issues with FB as it roots you in place.


      Now, more importantly, let’s again address the most pressing issue with fire: -Pyroblast- for the love of God, please revert it, or make it usable. The change literally killed 1H fire and it was sold as the best thing since sliced bread for fire.

      It follows rightfully in the games move to caster skillshot aoe nukes, but is completely half baked on implementation. Casting aim is too slow and can literally be out ran, the range is too short considering it has no sticky projectile like it did, the channel speed is way too long and baits reflects. Casting speed should help channel time along with quicker aiming movement and an added 2 yards to the range. Remove the blow back at max channel and the additional time needed. Remember this spell literally cc’s the fire mage. For the time it takes to shoot a full channel pyroblast you could’ve casted 4 to 5 fire bolts for equally the same single target damage, if not more considering DOT tics and aggressive caster buffs.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by BurnsidePDX ().

    • BurnsidePDX wrote:

      -Fire Bolt. Really specific and odd justification for the cast speed nerf. 2vs2 hellgates…? What percentage of players even consistently play that? Weird to be fine tuning the primary source of damage for an entire skill tree due to very, very specific content. I don’t think I’ve heard about any complaints in 2vs2 regarding firebolt, heck, generally it seemed OK now balance wise across all content.

      The range increase is significant and I believe thisll end up being an overall buff. Always fighting with range issues with FB as it roots you in place.


      Now, more importantly, let’s again address the most pressing issue with fire: -Pyroblast- for the love of God, please revert it, or make it usable. The change literally killed 1H fire and it was sold as the best thing since sliced bread for fire.

      It follows rightfully in the games move to caster skillshot aoe nukes, but is completely half baked on implementation. Casting aim is too slow and can literally be out ran, the range is too short considering it has no sticky projectile like it did, the channel speed is way too long and baits reflects. Casting speed should help channel time along with quicker aiming movement and an added 2 yards to the range. Remove the blow back at max channel and the additional time needed. Remember this spell literally cc’s the fire mage. For the time it takes to shoot a full channel pyroblast you could’ve casted 4 to 5 fire bolts for equally the same single target damage, if not more considering DOT tics and aggressive caster buffs.
      Absolutely BIZARRE nerf. Anyone playing fire, and more would I guess if it was even marginally competitive, will tell you it is desperately under-performing against almost all-comers in all content aside from solo dungeon clearing.

      I think you guys at the SBI should read the forums and try playing these weapons a little to realize just how spastically insane these changes you are making are.

      Go to Fire
    • Horrible-horrible combat balance changes.

      Took almost 2 months to come up with such a bad ideas??

      "Everlasting Spirit is an extremely powerful ability that is very commonly used on a lot of builds". With that logic lets nerf Hellion Jacket while we at it because 8 out of 10 melee DPS using it in Crystals?
    • Strange balance.

      Bow and Crossbow are still in pity state, Frost too.

      We still have a consequent portion of weapon who are useless:

      - Crossbow:
      . Heavy Xbow
      . Siegebow
      . Energy shapper good but very limited (E don't stack)

      - Bow:
      .Wailing
      .Mistpiercer
      .Whispering

      - Frost:
      all apart permafrost and one hand

      I can do the same for almost each branch and you want to add more weapon per brach, what the point when almost 1/3 of actual weapon are useless ?
    • Asheraxia wrote:

      BurnsidePDX wrote:

      -Fire Bolt. Really specific and odd justification for the cast speed nerf. 2vs2 hellgates…? What percentage of players even consistently play that? Weird to be fine tuning the primary source of damage for an entire skill tree due to very, very specific content. I don’t think I’ve heard about any complaints in 2vs2 regarding firebolt, heck, generally it seemed OK now balance wise across all content.

      The range increase is significant and I believe thisll end up being an overall buff. Always fighting with range issues with FB as it roots you in place.


      Now, more importantly, let’s again address the most pressing issue with fire: -Pyroblast- for the love of God, please revert it, or make it usable. The change literally killed 1H fire and it was sold as the best thing since sliced bread for fire.

      It follows rightfully in the games move to caster skillshot aoe nukes, but is completely half baked on implementation. Casting aim is too slow and can literally be out ran, the range is too short considering it has no sticky projectile like it did, the channel speed is way too long and baits reflects. Casting speed should help channel time along with quicker aiming movement and an added 2 yards to the range. Remove the blow back at max channel and the additional time needed. Remember this spell literally cc’s the fire mage. For the time it takes to shoot a full channel pyroblast you could’ve casted 4 to 5 fire bolts for equally the same single target damage, if not more considering DOT tics and aggressive caster buffs.
      Absolutely BIZARRE nerf. Anyone playing fire, and more would I guess if it was even marginally competitive, will tell you it is desperately under-performing against almost all-comers in all content aside from solo dungeon clearing.
      I think you guys at the SBI should read the forums and try playing these weapons a little to realize just how spastically insane these changes you are making are.

      Go to Fire
      LOL Bizarre nerf to me is the Great Holy and the Natures for such especific and instanced content, nerfing a healing staff, but i am used to it, they almos nerfed healers to the point you cant go regular fame farming content or simply to survive in open world, honestly i am just waiting for the moment they remove healers for good from this game XD ...i would love to se the num,bers on each diferent content and see if crystal and hellgates have more people than casual fame famring or open world roaming... but in the end i agree with you both.
      every person i know that watch a stream only putt it in the background for the drops and when i do it i look for one doing open world or gathering because i dont want to give views to corrupted dungeoins or hellgates...
    • Achiolli wrote:

      more nerfs on fire ???? they don't play their own game, absolutely no one else plays fire staff in this shit and they keep nerfing
      Fire Bolt is literally only used in 2v2 hellgates, and it was mega OP there so it was well deserved nerf (cuz Demonic got nerfed so great fire would have been the new meta). Great Fire E was tuned down mainly for 5v5s cuz of arcane nerfs.
      Please dont make such dumb comments when you just installed this game.
    • LegaI wrote:

      Achiolli wrote:

      more nerfs on fire ???? they don't play their own game, absolutely no one else plays fire staff in this shit and they keep nerfing
      Fire Bolt is literally only used in 2v2 hellgates, and it was mega OP there so it was well deserved nerf (cuz Demonic got nerfed so great fire would have been the new meta). Great Fire E was tuned down mainly for 5v5s cuz of arcane nerfs. Please dont make such dumb comments when you just installed this game.
      you're really irrational, you've already compared the rate of use of fire staff in 2v2 of other meta weapons like claymore, deathgivers and cursed, because I think if it was so strong when you're talking, they would be using and winning, but it's in the infamy ranking from 2v2 it only has practically the 3 weapons mentioned above, as for the greatfire E nerf, no one uses fire in 5v5 anymore (I agree it's because of the arcane) but the damage isn't even that high since fire doesn't have a form anymore consistent of dealing damage in small-scale fights (disagree with me? only you can see how many players play fire in these contents, the numbers speak for themselves) now I make your words mine, Please dont make such dumb comments when you just installed this game.