Quarterstaff changes.

• Combat Balance
    • Quarterstaff changes.

Does Retro really think that a 2m range increase and a .1 second faster cast time is what the quarter staff needs to bring it into a balanced state? I’m curious as to what role the quarterstaff fills. It’s not a gank weapon since we have the double bladed, it’s not a CC weapon since we have the grailseeker. If you want it to be a brawling weapon then I think either the E needs to be buffed or there needs to be a W or Q spell that synergies with it well. Something with good AOE damage. The quarterstaff has no real identity. A lot of weapons are missing identities in this game because another weapon does the same thing, but better.
    • Drewski17 wrote:

Does Retro really think that a 2m range increase and a .1 second faster cast time is what the quarter staff needs to bring it into a balanced state? I’m curious as to what role the quarterstaff fills. It’s not a gank weapon since we have the double bladed, it’s not a CC weapon since we have the grailseeker. If you want it to be a brawling weapon then I think either the E needs to be buffed or there needs to be a W or Q spell that synergies with it well. Something with good AOE damage. The quarterstaff has no real identity. A lot of weapons are missing identities in this game because another weapon does the same thing, but better.
      This is the case for really a lot of weapons and gear.

Examples are sword & gloves for CD e.g.

Or that holy in 90% of all scenario is simply better than nature..

My recommendation, as long as Retro is responsible for it, best approach to deal with it is find what content fits best for you, then there is 1-2 super meta weapons.

Usually it is safe to play it, as a meta holds for 6 months to 3 years and still ongoing (swords and gloves) or hallowfall or Badon ..

The only risk is not a balance adjust but a rework

Best example you was playing dagger black hands.. black hands was a noob killer but a dagger.solo pvp.rework made it a non solo but zvz weapon

Nature was a good solo weapon with a w AOE dot, and a lot of kite, it first became a turret class like a reg bow..then it became a crippled kite class that is based on the enemy cannot stick with a w that is op if enemy cannot stick and totally crap if the enemy can stick..

So pick u content, pick u meta weapon..enjoy..

But don't pick u weapon and try a content - for that u would need rudimentary balance and / or fitting content design
    • It's sad to see the state of quarterstaffs, with great love that is black monk (which I believe is a superior tanking PvE weapon), other staffs fall short. They don't even have a combo or something... also they are more mana hungry than axes now, which is insane!
    • You underestimate the impact these small changes made. People were begging for a QS nerf for years and all it took was a minor tweek for them to start dying and to completely fall out of the meta.

Its just same old mace/gloves/Qs gameplay. Drop CDs, stun you so you cant fight back, bop away and run. Extra 2 meters makes them way harder to catch when they go to reset.
    • Painball wrote:

You underestimate the impact these small changes made. People were begging for a QS nerf for years and all it took was a minor tweek for them to start dying and to completely fall out of the meta.

Its just same old mace/gloves/Qs gameplay. Drop CDs, stun you so you cant fight back, bop away and run. Extra 2 meters makes them way harder to catch when they go to reset.
      Corrupted dungeons need to be fixed so the SBI no longer has to balance around some shitty meta. CDs make up such a small population, and no matter what the meta is people will complain about it. So who gives a fuck if QS will be hard to catch in the rat fest.
    • Drewski17 wrote:

Corrupted dungeons need to be fixed so the SBI no longer has to balance around some shitty meta. CDs make up such a small population, and no matter what the meta is people will complain about it. So who gives a fuck if QS will be hard to catch in the rat fest.
      this shitty meta is one of the most popular content in the game, if they have to stop doing balance around something very small it's a dead GVG where the same 20 mostly banned peoples have been playing against each other for years.

GVG need 1 new rule, alt accounts are banned from CLC and this shitfest will insta died cause of lack ppl..