classes and weapon trees they are likely to be excluded from even
      attempting to enter this new realm without Bloodletter's over powered
      execute being dealt with.

It can remain an execute class, and be utilized as a gathering weapon
      with a 20% execute rather than the 40% execute it now enjoys. This will
      bring it in line with other weapon classes, and allow cloth users and
      other magic using classes to enter 'MISTS' without simply knowing they
      are fodder for the Bloodletter brigade.

Stardust wrote very clearly and sagaciously about this issue in the other Bloodletter post which is again worth repeating here:

"In the open world, you can't really 1v1 a bloodletter.
      The fight is pretty much decided by the bloodletter. If the bloodletter
      makes a mistake, the bloodletter can run away and reset the fight. If
      the other person makes the mistake, the bloodetter will chase you till
      the ends of the earth to punish you for that mistake. I'm a bloodletter
      main with 972 kills using the bloodletter, (Most kills are solo kills
      btw) and I wouldn't even be mad if it got a big nerf. This weapon is
      absolutely brainless and it's the most effective solo open world pvp
      weapon in the entire game."

FIX THIS WEAPON NOW!

Halve it's execute potential from 40% to 20% before Mists arrives so
      that everyone can at least have a look at the new content.
      50%-1sec SLOW to 'BURNING FIELD' on hit.
    • Blinkz wrote:

The design of the mists is pretty silly in its own right.........Open world 1v1v1v1, It's just gonna be a 8.3 mobility Fest with undead capes and fast mount up's, seems under thought.
      this.

Bloodletting loses to alot of weapons 1v1. There a reason its not a top weapon in CD.

But undead/invis pot/knockback helm (BL, bows, battle bracers)

Are a nightmare. Let alone the issue they have to deal with in random grouping and mega alliances.
    • Bloodletter is the most broken weapon of Albion since the beginning of time, you want something with escape for gatherers? Bloodletter
      You want something with DMG for melee DPS? Bloodletter
      You want something with burst? Bloodletter
      You want something for zvz and smale scale? Bloodletter
      You want something good for open world and solo content? Bloodletter

The weapon has no downsides it one shots you after you are half hp no matter what armor you wear or what you do and it also is a dagger who has mobility in every type of skill and one of the best DPS against every other melee, it beats spears with any Q dude, this is what I call balance.

Literally the most popular weapon in the game no matter where you go you at least have 1 bloodletter behind your back, it would be so cool to change the meta that is curent in this game for 2 years but I guess bloodletter mains that miss half a brain would cry so hard about it, that is Albion please the masses and don't look at weapons who actually need help.
    • The bloodletter is not the most popular weapon in the game. Where are you getting your data from? Based on numbers you made up in your head?

As others have said, the bloodletter is a strong weapon, but it is by no means OP. There are certain builds that make it strong and difficult to fight 1v1, but it is by no means unbeatable. There are counter builds and skill to beat them. In group fights the bloodletter is useless if the team has a competent healer.

Certain weapons excel for certain purposes in certain situations. The bloodletter is not an S tier weapon in isolation. If it was, you'd see it in every content. The entire rant is no different to the other posters complaining that Great Nature is OP.
    • You are just a pve shitter if you really think this weapon is ok, as I said before you can play it anywhere and you see it everywhere dumb weapon while spears have shit E es for years, the decent one are 1h and spirithunter, which is hard to use properly in small scale and group content the rest are dog water. You are probably some dumb bloodletter player who kills someone with 2 Q es some basics and an E while something like a 1h spear or a bow needs to kite in order to win cause they have 0 DPS, think before you write please, bloodletter is disgusting and should be thrown into a garbage can like every player that uses it and thinks he is good at the game
    • Blinkz wrote:

I really think the bloodletter will be the least of our concerns, royal jacket 1h spear with royal sandals might be where you should start.
      bloodletter would execute him before he hits 50% hp with mage cowl, Thetford cape, cleric robe. Stop the nonsense. The only option that 1h spear would have is running even running deflecting spin there's not enough damage to win that fight.

Bloodletter is essentially a ranged execute. Make it 20%-25% to make space for the completely unused infernal scythe as a 40% melee execute.
      Bloodletter is not a niche pick, it's the meta and for a reason. Only way a bloodletter doesn't execute you at 40% is if their trash and miss or your wearing a matlock cape, a good player will wait out a defensive potion so that's not an option either. If you think that undead cape is saving you, NAH, they Q backwards after the E just to make sure your falling to a corpse.
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love:
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

Blinkz wrote:

I really think the bloodletter will be the least of our concerns, royal jacket 1h spear with royal sandals might be where you should start.
      bloodletter would execute him before he hits 50% hp with mage cowl, Thetford cape, cleric robe. Stop the nonsense. The only option that 1h spear would have is running even running deflecting spin there's not enough damage to win that fight.
      Bloodletter is essentially a ranged execute. Make it 20%-25% to make space for the completely unused infernal scythe as a 40% melee execute.
      Bloodletter is not a niche pick, it's the meta and for a reason. Only way a bloodletter doesn't execute you at 40% is if their trash and miss or your wearing a matlock cape, a good player will wait out a defensive potion so that's not an option either. If you think that undead cape is saving you, NAH, they Q backwards after the E just to make sure your falling to a corpse.
      Why is it 1v1 corrupted meta then, don't see bloodletter there? and tbh I wouldn't fight 1v1 with it I would 3rd party every fight and have the option to run faster then a bloodletter.
      and bloodletter doesn't full execute 40-0%hp when your in leather or higher with same ip even with the increased damage offhand.
      do some research pull me some numbers and get back to me.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Blinkz ().

• Blinkz wrote:

Fuhcew2 wrote:

Blinkz wrote:

bloodletter would execute him before he hits 50% hp with mage cowl, Thetford cape, cleric robe. Stop the nonsense. The only option that 1h spear would have is running even running deflecting spin there's not enough damage to win that fight.Bloodletter is essentially a ranged execute. Make it 20%-25% to make space for the completely unused infernal scythe as a 40% melee execute.
      Why is it 1v1 corrupted meta then, don't see bloodletter there? and tbh I wouldn't fight 1v1 with it I would 3rd party every fight and have the option to run faster then a bloodletter.and bloodletter doesn't full execute 40-0%hp when your in leather or higher with same ip even with the increased damage offhand.
      do some research pull me some numbers and get back to me.
      Just because it isn't meta now doesn't mean that wet noodle BL full plate wasn't meta a year ago. CD's aren't the only content and in 99% of the cases 1h spear can't outrun a BL who can consistently Q to you even with the slow on lunging stab. I'm not a numbers guy, if you want numbers someone else can do so, I specifically talk combat situations.

Your right, BL won't full execute 40%-0% someone in leather or plate, even in cloth, but 40%-5% is more than enough to finish the target with a Q and 1 or 2 auto attacks and is more often then not the case.

Stop trying to deflect the conversation to talking about what you think I know and don't know.
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love:
    • Blinkz wrote:

and bloodletter doesn't full execute 40-0%hp when your in leather or higher
      Everyone seems to forget that if you hit BL E and target survives, your Q and W come off cooldown to finish the job.
      How convenient.

There are very few outcomes after getting hit by BL E:
      • You have enough I-Frames and damage to kill BL before you become vulnerable again (cleric-claymore is the only setup that can do it consistently).
      • You die to a Q or W as it comes off cooldown on the bloodletter side.
      • You have a competent healer and he pulls you out of the grave (although in group content BL tends to also wear stalker hood, so you surviving an E is very unlikely in the first place)
      If you're very skilled and have a specific setup (i,e: deathgivers), you can do some invis shenanigans and eventually reset, but that's far from a "common" situation.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hattenhair ().