sbi hates fire staff

• Combat Balance
    • sbi hates fire staff

OK, you managed to take my patience, you can only have a problem with this weapon, there's no reason to nerf so much, the only explanation is "HATE", that's right, hate, fire has always been and always will be the worst weapon in the world. while this balance team shit is on sbi, fire rework was by far the most horrible rework ever, all fire players were suggesting fire gain more utility overall (mobility, cc, debuff), but the what the pigs did was just increase the damage of some skills that no one uses and will never use and give E skills useless, a pig work and to make the situation worse, they still nerf ALL THE DAMAGE OF THE FIRE (Q1 active and passive damage, W1 damage and cd, and now the only E skill that was good, which was greatfire)congratulations, fire doesn't survive a patch in the meta, conclusion of everything: the only thing fire does is damage and it does it badly
    • Man I absolutely feel your pain. Ive been a Fire main since I started the game, having played fire in other MMO's for almost 2 decades. Fire in Albion is still in a dreadful place. I had high hopes when fire was reworked in the recent patch, but you are correct that it got slaughtered once again to bring it into a place of dreadful to pointless in PvP scenario's.

Ok YES, great fire, blazing, wildfire, and the hopelessly telegraphed METEOR.... still have a place in small group, GvG, and ZvZ, pvp.... but aside from that the concept of one on one pvp for fire is a living dread.

YES, wildfire can slap a firewall down, take Q1 and aggressive caster with Morgana cape, and go to town on a brain dead melee class without reflects or a clerics, but if anyone has a brain or a BLOODLETTER then it doesn't matter what you do as fire, you are DEAD.

There has been a simple fix, and it was obvious to me over a year ago, and indeed that fix was implemented IN THE NATURE TREE!!! where a slow was incorporated into Thorns, and it was give a triple charge on a low cool down. The very same should have occurred for FIRE in 'BURNING FIELD', to allow parity in solo and duel pvp scenario's and allow the arsenal of slow cast telegraphed E spells that the fire tree wields the opportunity to land so that Fire at least has a chance... but it has never occurred and consequently Fire is basically free meat in the world of Albion.

I would love to have been a part of the PvP experience in Albion, but sadly that has never happened aside from a brief spell when Inferno staff gave us parity and hope in the rework, but that was quickly reverted and we are once again languishing in the lower echelons of the PvP world with weapons that are good for pressure but not kills ( aside from the telegraphed meteor) but little else.

On the plus side... you can rack up 500 million fame in PvE as the great fire is one of, if not THE best single dungeon clearing weapons in the game.

SAD!

A few choice ideas.

1/ Great Fire E - stun on hit.
      2/ Fire staff E- revert to old or give it a 360 degree rotation
      3/ Infernal E- allow the silence back on Target with a cooldown
      4/ Dawnsong . lower CD on E to 30 seconds.
      A High Percentage, Low Duration SLOW in Burning Field ( 50%- .5 sec ) ON HIT, will at least allow us some chance.
      50%-1sec SLOW to 'BURNING FIELD' on hit.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Asheraxia ().

• omg... right when we open this thread and we get this...

```
      Fire Bolt can put out damage too fast in 2v2 Hell Gates, to make it less oppressive we increase the cast time, but to also make the ability more attractive in other content we increase the cast range. Additionally we reduce the damage of Flame Pillar a bit, which still has a very high burst damage potential, on a potential very low cooldown.

Fire Bolt (all Fire Staffs)
      Cast time: 0.7s -> 0.8s
      Cast Range: 11m -> 12m

Flame Pillar (Great Fire Staff)
      Damage: 200 -> 190
      ```
      wtf??! It is the only fire ability worth playing on Q honestly, especially in solo because it synergizes with merc jacket, now we have to include morgana cape 100% plus the third passive....

So far we have:
      Fire nerf
      Frost laughable buff (but still no one plays frost)
      Arcane second nerf

Gloves... nothing... I guess they are absolutely balanced huh? With 90% of time opponent being on the air...

Balance is such a joke in this game
    • McDobs wrote:

omg... right when we open this thread and we get this...

```
      Fire Bolt can put out damage too fast in 2v2 Hell Gates, to make it less oppressive we increase the cast time, but to also make the ability more attractive in other content we increase the cast range. Additionally we reduce the damage of Flame Pillar a bit, which still has a very high burst damage potential, on a potential very low cooldown.

Flame Pillar (Great Fire Staff)
      Damage: 200 -> 190
      ```
      wtf??! It is the only fire ability worth playing on Q honestly, especially in solo because it synergizes with merc jacket, now we have to include morgana cape 100% plus the third passive....

So far we have:
      Fire nerf
      Frost laughable buff (but still no one plays frost)
      Arcane second nerf

Gloves... nothing... I guess they are absolutely balanced huh? With 90% of time opponent being on the air...

Balance is such a joke in this game
      c'mon family, let's not give up, let's prove to sbi that your balancing work doesn't make sense, we received more nerfs in patch 7, if it was already difficult to see fire in the content, now it will be even more difficult, strong dps builds were also nerfed like cursed and arcane, this may not leave fire so far behind, but even so the weapon that has always been better than the others (claymore and swords in general) are still intact and are viable as long as I know albion.
    • Quagga wrote:

McDobs wrote:

it's a buff!!!
      these 0.1 at 8.0 tomes does not make a noticeable difference, and this 1m is huge!
      It's a direct nerf DPS-wise. 12% less DPS in trade-off of 1m range is a bad one. Solo-duo fire became a joke of a weapon. Small-mid scale and ZvZ won't have much usage for a single target Q. Just another nerf for an already bad weapon line.
      Humble solo open world enjoyer. Adept of Spears.
    • GreenWizard987 wrote:

It's a direct nerf DPS-wise. 12% less DPS in trade-off of 1m range is a bad one. Solo-duo fire became a joke of a weapon. Small-mid scale and ZvZ won't have much usage for a single target Q. Just another nerf for an already bad weapon line.
      in practice you have lost 1 Q in 7 casts

For me and my playstyle, this +1m is a buff and I don't care so much about the 0.7 cast time cause there is a cap that you will hit anyway if you play with 100+ ping
    • 0.1 sec for fire nerf for 1 m buff
      seems like a good trade for turret fire

this is taken into account cast speed passive and omelet. 0.1 can barely be felt
      because it can be instant recast with no CD

0.1 or 0.2 for the healer on the other hand is huge because it has a 2 sec++ cooldown and a interrupt is devastating
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • I need to comment something, the idea of this post was not to comment the current patch note, but my dissatisfaction with the entire history of changes in fire staff (that's why the name is SBI hates fire staff), all the history of changes are extremely irrational, I test the current patch on testserver and honestly I think these changes will affect 2v2 and two-handed staffs more in general, but if you think about the greatfire build for 2v2 it's worth remembering that Q1, W1 and E have been nerfed before and that's the main point of this post, FIRE WILL ALWAYS RECEIVE NERF, and there will always be idiots on the forum approving nerfs due to lack of rationality, the question is not about whether fire is strong or not, but about how stable fire is in the meta, and fire has no stability due to an extremely problematic and outdated kit, fire only has damage skill and while it doesn't have any kind of versatility (mobility, cc or debuff) it will never stabilize in a role , after all and he only does damage and if he continues to be nerfed he won't even do that anymore (that's what idiots who approve of nerfs don't understand), so most of the fire player suggestions here on the forum are for reworks and not buffs #firelives
    • Pyroblast needs to be reverted or dramatically modified (cast speed influencing channel, faster direction of aim) for pvp.

Wildfire should now be on a 20 second CD since nerfs. 30 seconds makes no sense given it’s damage and uselessness in Pve. On that note, why is there no alternative damage to mobs for the true damage it does to players?

Some other passive viable in pvp aside from aggressive caster. Put a run speed boost or slow in there or some sort of armor piercing. Right now the passives are just unimaginative to say the least.

Flame Blast is not used any longer since the nerfs by anyoneZ Fire wave does more damage when using fire bolt and offers an interrupt. Flame Blast is a perfect candidate currently to add in much needed utility like a 3 second slow applied to all his targets damaged by the blast.

These aren’t huge changes or buffs, these are changes to make certain fire staffs and spells even a consideration again for fire.
    • BurnsidePDX wrote:

Pyroblast needs to be reverted or dramatically modified (cast speed influencing channel, faster direction of aim) for pvp.

Wildfire should now be on a 20 second CD since nerfs. 30 seconds makes no sense given it’s damage and uselessness in Pve. On that note, why is there no alternative damage to mobs for the true damage it does to players?

Some other passive viable in pvp aside from aggressive caster. Put a run speed boost or slow in there or some sort of armor piercing. Right now the passives are just unimaginative to say the least.

Flame Blast is not used any longer since the nerfs by anyoneZ Fire wave does more damage when using fire bolt and offers an interrupt. Flame Blast is a perfect candidate currently to add in much needed utility like a 3 second slow applied to all his targets damaged by the blast.

These aren’t huge changes or buffs, these are changes to make certain fire staffs and spells even a consideration again for fire.
      amazing how you reached the same conclusions as me, but these are changes that bring resources to fire staff to be able to adapt to the game's contents, that's what I miss in fire, everything looks very average or bad in fire nothing looks really good, the a while ago I would say that its strong point was its damage, but the way the changes are going, I don't think even that fire will be good, I think flame blast could give a buff of mov speed instead of slow and fireball could apply a little bit of healing reduction, so fire could fit better in a functional game
    • BurnsidePDX wrote:

Pyroblast needs to be reverted or dramatically modified (cast speed influencing channel, faster direction of aim) for pvp.

not rly, dmg passive you use in zvz to hit dmg cap.

cast speed - known one of the best

first passive - used with Q2 and Q3 between casts as dmg filler.

mana passive - pve shit ^^

fire in general has some of the best passives in the game if someone says they are uselsss then I recommend checking out the passives on hammers for example.

only thing I miss in fire is flame dash - who has played POE and saw a flame dash I would like to see in AO not necessarily 3x stacks but yea then fire tree would be perfect!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().