Patch 7 Balance Patch...

• Combat Balance
    • Patch 7 Balance Patch...

Looking at the recent Retroman's balance patch. That is all that will be in Balance Patch? lol that's just pathetic bro...

TWO MONTHS of time and just to come up with something like that? bravo, that is fantastic, good job.

Lets see an example - Druid's cleanse heal 3rd nerf in a row...
      • Cooldown: 15s -> 18s (1st time)
      • Cooldown: 18s -> 20s (2nd time)
      • stack Heal: 70 -> 55 (3rd patch)

Half of the weapons and armor are unusable but no lets just nerf things here and there..
    • Ranald0 wrote:

Looking at the recent Retroman's balance patch. That is all that will be in Balance Patch? lol that's just pathetic bro...

TWO MONTHS of time and just to come up with something like that? bravo, that is fantastic, good job.

Lets see an example - Druid's cleanse heal 3rd nerf in a row...
      • Cooldown: 15s -> 18s (1st time)
      • Cooldown: 18s -> 20s (2nd time)
      • stack Heal: 70 -> 55 (3rd patch)

Half of the weapons and armor are unusable but no lets just nerf things here and there..
      no, not true, holy gets buffed to make it worse.

Healing in 2hg gets further nerved..

Ah ya and crab omelet gets a number twiddle..

The crab omelet change is rough, i didn't even know it exists..
    • @Hattenhair
      imagine having to increase mana cost left and right over the years
      just to make one food a viable or must use after some number buffs to "Counter" the nerfs

when every other class has little to no mana problems because all fights end before it gets to that point
      or with a simple investment into lym cape to solve the mana issue

Holy with mana problems no1 takes the main brunt of it
      while nature with 0 mana problems rejoices

you are losing out on the extra cast speed on pork omelets or defences from ava pork omelets
      just for a food that reduces mana costs to fix it. and you still have to use lym cape

if the use of a food can replace lym cape only that point is called broken
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • Hattenhair wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

just to make one food a viable
      Just to make it clear. If you spam holy Q1 repeatedly at 1200 IP with a full energy pool - it takes you 75 seconds to empty it. With the current energy reduction on the crab omelette it goes up to 194s.
      I have always been using crab omelettes, no idea what are you on about.
      i always used Cooldown food and managed my energy, of course the mana reset cape on heal..

I even used that in GvG as holy but i left GVG long ago - too much effort maintaining a team and dramas

As a healer if u get really mana issues ...i almost never had .. u tell the team to fall back..

But that's just me...

On the other side, i think the changes refreshing. I couldn't guess any of these except I knew nature to be lowered, holy to be buffed and grudge to be reduced..even if it makes not much sense from a player perspective..

I had a ton of expectations like 95% of entire player base, but hey, life is entertaining, so is the random changes nobody expected.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

As a healer if u get really mana issues ...i almost never had .. u tell the team to fall back..
      I'm quite the aggressive healer, my buttons rarely go off cooldown. The crab omelette allows me to have enough mana in combination with either cape or potion, I usually go with lym and bring a resistance pot.

Trial_hard wrote:

On the other side, i think the changes refreshing.
      That's the point, isolated a single patch always looks refreshing, but if you look back a year or two back you will realise that cast-times are constantly made irrelevant due to an abundance of uninterruptible casts or they are made virtually unreactable with sub 0.4s times, which can be reduced even further with foods or passives.
      And energy management, which has been heavily trivialized since the introduction of the lymhurst cape, you never think if you should use energy nowadays, and if you miss your shot it has nearly no negative repercussions. If I missed my E before Queen, I'd be having severe energy issues. It was a real disadvantage you had to account for and not a complete meme like it is now.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • @Hattenhair @Trial_hard
      i never used crab omelets there are so little times where i run into mana issues where i have to replace pork omelets / ava omelets with a crab omelet
      if a fight open world has to go on for that long then there are 2 possibilities

1) your team has 0 dps and is rely on out sustain with anti heal.
      2) you are constantly spamming skills off cooldown without a care in the world not taking care your your mana

if i have to change to crab omelet it would be because SBI force the mana costs
      and not because the item itself is better than other choices

also @Hattenhair
      i dont understand the before queen patch mana situation so i cannot understand your PoV
      as it is from when i start playing till now mana has not been a problem with lym cape
      hence why mana never an issue for me unless SBI force the mana issue
      The Tank Who Bonks

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• Hattenhair wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

I'm quite the aggressive healer, my buttons rarely go off cooldown. The crab omelette allows me to have enough mana in combination with either cape or potion, I usually go with lym and bring a resistance pot.

Trial_hard wrote:

On the other side, i think the changes refreshing.
      That's the point, isolated a single patch always looks refreshing, but if you look back a year or two back you will realise that cast-times are constantly made irrelevant due to an abundance of uninterruptible casts or they are made virtually unreactable with sub 0.4s times, which can be reduced even further with foods or passives.And energy management, which has been heavily trivialized since the introduction of the lymhurst cape, you never think if you should use energy nowadays, and if you miss your shot it has nearly no negative repercussions. If I missed my E before Queen, I'd be having severe energy issues. It was a real disadvantage you had to account for and not a complete meme like it is now.
      sorry - i was ironic ..of course that's completely disappointing..
    • @Quagga
      the example where you provide a tank one shotting a nature healer is a damn bad representation
      where nature healer did not pop a single defensive and gets hit by curse for a full 8 seconds while anti heal from 3 different sources
      Thread:
      Can we do something about stupid holy staff

if you wanted to prove grudge OP then you should have provided a CD/hellgate example
      and some numbers

smite nerf? i agreed to smite nerf. but it seem that you did not cry hard enough for SBI to nerf it for you
      Go set up an altar and pray harder with some offering of gear
      The Tank Who Bonks

The post was edited 6 times, last by The_Support_God ().

• also @Quagga

retroman posted reason for nerf

Cursed Staffs
      Now that players have adapted to the new playstyle of the reworked Grudge, the damage output they achieve with it is a bit too high and will be toned down.
      • Grudge (all Cursed Staffs)
        • 0 Stack Damage: 20 -> 18
        • 1 Stack Damage: 25 -> 22.5
        • 2 Stack Damage: 60 -> 54
        • 3 Stack Damage: 100 -> 90
        • 4 Stack Damage: 150 -> 135

hope you are satisfied
      The Tank Who Bonks

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• In 2v2 Hell Gates teams with a Healer currently have very high chances at winning against any team without a Healer. But having 2v2 Hell Gates being so reliant on Healers is limiting the amount of players that can enjoy this content. So, to open up the possibilities of more comps without healers we are reducing the general Healing Output in 2v2 Gates. Important to note that shields also scale with Healing, so this change also reduces the impact of other sustain comps that rely on shielding.
      • 2v2 Hell Gates
        • Healing Reduction: 10% -> 20%
      Well, if we apply this logic in 5 man gates, we urgently need Nerv healer there, too.

Because the likelihood to win there without w healer is close to zero. So heal completely dominates the 5 man gates and leaves team without healer no chance.

I suggest a healing reduction in 5 gates to 50% if we want to make it fair for teams without..?
    • Crab omelettes should basically solve your mana problems, so you can trade missing the food stats for different build options
      Great change, makes holy (& other mana-hungry weapons) significatly better in terms of build diversity
      Also we should nerf lym cape - too many builds have mana costs completely solved by sacrificing a cape slot

To replace the cleric sandals buff we should get:
      Delayed Teleport (Mage Sandals)
      • Cooldown: 20s -> 15s

Gonna write my thoughts on healing changes later bc I have too many suggestions
      ~ Kanra
    • im pretty good with all listed changes.

One thing i still mildly meh about is why certain weapons get to play with basically no mana issues while others struggle heavily. Biggest example to me atm is frost / fire vs arcane - frost n fire have to use helmet and cape and potions to offset mana costs, while arcane can use not a single mana item / pot and be fine.

My 2c should balance mana costs around skill shot vs auto aim abilities. Skill shot based builds should have less mana costs across the board

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lockemup ().

• Lockemup wrote:

im pretty good with all listed changes.

One thing i still mildly meh about is why certain weapons get to play with basically no mana issues while others struggle heavily. Biggest example to me atm is frost / fire vs arcane - frost n fire have to use helmet and cape and potions to offset mana costs, while arcane can use not a single mana item / pot and be fine.
      frost is completely underrated in pvp.

In combination with cultist it's crazy strong..

If it play like arcane it would be nummero uno ..

So basically the "suck in PvE" is the so called ballance
    • Trial_hard wrote:

Lockemup wrote:

im pretty good with all listed changes.

frost is completely underrated in pvp.
      In combination with cultist it's crazy strong..

If it play like arcane it would be nummero uno ..

So basically the "suck in PvE" is the so called ballance
      personally i dont care about corrupted balance, i know a lot of people do so thats fair enough but yes frost is nuts in corrupted because it has poke and an iframe and mobility. In 5v5 its decent but massively outshined by arcane and even fire / cursed atm, at least arcane and grudge getting pulled back in a little.

It feels like mana usage of builds is almost solely dependent on how "spammy" their q abilities are, why does autofire crossbow q1 have the same mana cost as frostbite frost q1? It has ~ 4 times the cooldown, should have 4x the mana cost. Or frost q1 should cost less mana.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lockemup ().