NDA Patch 7

    • McDobs wrote:

      Cleric robe should be completely removed from the game (all damage immunities really)
      I-frames were always a part of MOBA combat, can you elaborate why they have no place in AO?
      If anything cleric robe is more OP because it also gives you interrupt immunity and the following CC immunity during the aforementioned casts. The main issue is that these I-frames are being put en masse onto engage weaponry, where they really should be heavily separated into 3 categories of CC, Damage and Debuff resistance, and sometimes a combination of 2, but never 3.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

      McDobs wrote:

      Cleric robe should be completely removed from the game (all damage immunities really)
      I-frames were always a part of MOBA combat, can you elaborate why they have no place in AO?If anything cleric robe is more OP because it also gives you interrupt immunity and the following CC immunity during the aforementioned casts. The main issue is that these I-frames are being put en masse onto engage weaponry, where they really should be heavily separated into 3 categories of CC, Damage and Debuff resistance, and sometimes a combination of 2, but never 3.
      When I see a single item being used by healers and dps alike in so much more frequency than other 80 items then I see a problem with this item being OP.

      If it was meant for healers it should have the dmg increase reduced or removed, being immune is a huge benefit on its own it shouldn't boost damage as well. Also the option to bring an item just to counter that OP item is problematic because again it forces one item vs anything else, cleric robe being OP forces counter items to also be the only choice. Imagine walking into fights with your gear of choice and 100% of the time not knowing what will be against you those fights would be awesome and based on creative thinking, skill, reflexes, etc.

      Now it is a game of tick-tack-toe (I do this, you do that, then I do this, etc...) Boring AF!
    • McDobs wrote:

      Hattenhair wrote:

      McDobs wrote:

      Cleric robe should be completely removed from the game (all damage immunities really)
      I-frames were always a part of MOBA combat, can you elaborate why they have no place in AO?If anything cleric robe is more OP because it also gives you interrupt immunity and the following CC immunity during the aforementioned casts. The main issue is that these I-frames are being put en masse onto engage weaponry, where they really should be heavily separated into 3 categories of CC, Damage and Debuff resistance, and sometimes a combination of 2, but never 3.
      When I see a single item being used by healers and dps alike in so much more frequency than other 80 items then I see a problem with this item being OP.
      If it was meant for healers it should have the dmg increase reduced or removed, being immune is a huge benefit on its own it shouldn't boost damage as well. Also the option to bring an item just to counter that OP item is problematic because again it forces one item vs anything else, cleric robe being OP forces counter items to also be the only choice. Imagine walking into fights with your gear of choice and 100% of the time not knowing what will be against you those fights would be awesome and based on creative thinking, skill, reflexes, etc.

      Now it is a game of tick-tack-toe (I do this, you do that, then I do this, etc...) Boring AF!
      i sometimes feel this "tick-tack-toe is a consequence of mobile.."

      If i play CD and sometimes test something in stalker i ask people that play a bit like they have the mouse in the wrong hand or straight run in fire or react too late if i kick them in lava if they are Mobil players...

      A huge amount doesn't answer or has insta quit after kill, but the majority confirm to be mobile player...

      The highest percentage of these people are bolt caster player, and the most is bolt with sleep cap..

      I still wonder if that ever works but well..

      My personal feeling is, trying to make mobile competitive in 1:1 is destroying the immersion of a PC game and needs too much simplicity as stated above..u press this..i press that...check mate!!

      Don't get me wrong, mobile in Albion is great for gather, transport, fighting a medium / low skill ow ganker...

      But i think it lacks high end solo pvp..and making it easier to compete leads to oversimplification of fights
    • Evensong nerf is too drastic. 25% to 15% is a 40% decrease in effectiveness. There were better ways to deal with the issue than nerfing this weapon, simply remove the capacity for multiple Evensong E's to effect a target, so that the single weapon still had use in Arena's, and Open World, but teams could no longer stack Evensong's in their make up. Much like Spiked Gauntlets were dealt with, the weapon needs to retain it's single target effectiveness and character, without being made redundant as a weapon with such an egregious Nerf.
    • Asheraxia wrote:

      Evensong nerf is too drastic. 25% to 15% is a 40% decrease in effectiveness.
      The slow nerf won't change anything to the power of evensong.
      It's strong because it has large aoe with a long anti-heal debuf + damage debuff. The slow is just a bonus. Combined with the rework which make them a brawler DPS weapon, it was just too OP.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Laem ().

    • McDobs wrote:

      Cleric robe should be completely removed from the game (all damage immunities really)
      as said by Hatten they are part of MOBA-like gameplay, but they shouldn't be as easy to proc, personally I think that everlast spirit wasn't an i-frame easy to proc unlike ooga-booga jump to be immortal (trinity and 1h-mace), I mean yea, almost every player in Albion is thirsty to hit something to death

      Anyway the problem of cleric robe was the little downsides compared to the spell value
      Battle Bracers supremacy
    • I am really worried about how drastic are changes currently planned to arcane staves.
      The combination of:
      - lowering the small-scale damage of Q by lowering the bounce damage and reducing its chain radius
      - lowering the overall damage by reducing the window to act on Arcane Charge (this can become a problem in any scenario that involves an interactive opponent)
      - lowering the W damage
      can put the weapon line, much envigorated by the rework, back into the third line of "report this guy for bringing crap weapon" territory.

      May I suggest compensating a little, e.g. by increasing the W blink distance, reducing the cast cost, or increasing the window for a blink?

      Furthermore, if the problem with Dark Sphere is in its ZvZ oppresiveness, may I suggest making the slow 45%, but split among each targets hit with the Sphere charge? E.g. 2 targets hit would result with each of them spreading around a 22.5% slow aura. This way it would still be useful in solo or 2v2 situation, while being less oppresive in other type of content.
    • While we are at the subject of arcanes - is there any specific reason why Enigma Staff user cannot use his E - Protective Beam - on himself? Am I right that it is the only E in the game that is 100% useless in solo situations? I believe now is a good time to give it a try on testserver - and include in Patch 7 an option to channel Enigma E on self, not unlike Revitalize.
    • MotherWasAnOrc wrote:

      I am really worried about how drastic are changes currently planned to arcane staves.
      The combination of:
      - lowering the small-scale damage of Q by lowering the bounce damage and reducing its chain radius
      - lowering the overall damage by reducing the window to act on Arcane Charge (this can become a problem in any scenario that involves an interactive opponent)
      - lowering the W damage
      can put the weapon line, much envigorated by the rework, back into the third line of "report this guy for bringing crap weapon" territory.

      May I suggest compensating a little, e.g. by increasing the W blink distance, reducing the cast cost, or increasing the window for a blink?

      Furthermore, if the problem with Dark Sphere is in its ZvZ oppresiveness, may I suggest making the slow 45%, but split among each targets hit with the Sphere charge? E.g. 2 targets hit would result with each of them spreading around a 22.5% slow aura. This way it would still be useful in solo or 2v2 situation, while being less oppresive in other type of content.
      The biggest issue with arcanes right now is that they offer both utility and damage, I mean most E abilities do multiple things (silence, purge, damage, slow, pull, etc). And on top of that they have excellent poking and burst ability, plus escape.
      I mean compare it with Fire or Frost which bring almost nothing to the table whilst doing inferior damage (which is their "main focus").

      I for one I'm open to bring more versatility to the weapons but it has to be across the board.
    • McDobs wrote:

      The biggest issue with arcanes right now is that they offer both utility and damage, I mean most E abilities do multiple things (silence, purge, damage, slow, pull, etc). And on top of that they have excellent poking and burst ability, plus escape.I mean compare it with Fire or Frost which bring almost nothing to the table whilst doing inferior damage (which is their "main focus").

      I for one I'm open to bring more versatility to the weapons but it has to be across the board.

      I am not disagreeing with you. Bringing more utility to other weapons in the form of meaningful choices can improve overall balance and enjoyment of a given weapon. As has happened with arcanes and their rework - they now fulfill the fantasy of playing a DnD "Batman" style wizard - they deal meaningful damage, and with time to prepare they can adjust their toolkit to a wide area of situations.

      I am not entirely sold on the notion of inferior damage of fire staves (they still outshine arcanes damage-wise by a longshot, while bringing some area denial toolkit), nor on the notion of inferior utility of frost staves (with their great mobility and movement impairment skills).

      Re: reworks - as I understand that's what's happening right now - reworking weapon lines one by one, with arcanes being most recent on the workbench, and some changes to fire/frost that strengthened their position in their respective niches ("damage + some area denial", "movement impairment + damage").
    • Reef wrote:

      SBI plan:
      1) add damage abilities to support weapons
      2) nerf it to unplayable in pvp state
      I think they should want to give farm abilities to support weapons. However, a high damage ability is also strong in PVP. It is a contradiction.
      Arcane staff E is functional. We do damge relying on Q and W. We just increase the cost of damage Q and W to limit their cast times. If they put more mana on doing damage. They have no mana for E. We can also farm mobs, because when PVE we have many times for mana.