I: Grey
      II: Brown
      III: Green
      IV: Blue
      V: Red
      VI: Orange
      VII: Yellow
      VIII: White

The colour scheme is clear and consistent and makes it really easy to tell the tier of any resource, armour or buildings. I like it.

At the same time, Albion also has another different colour scheme that it uses for zones, which from what I can tell from at look at the map follows this scheme:

I: Blue
      II: Blue
      III: Blue
      IV: Blue

V: Yellow / Black
      VI: Red / Black
      VII: Red / Black
      VIII: Black

As you can see, this colour scheme has the same 8 tiers, and uses largely the same colours, but but at a different order and at different tiers. It is completely inconsistent with the other colour scheme where red is 5 instead of 6, or where yellow is above instead of below red and corresponds to tier 7 instead of tier 5, or where blue is just tier 4 instead of all tiers from 1 to 4.

Look at the following example:

It's a red tier 5 zone and a yellow region.

Can I lose my equipment on death here?
      Clearly not, as it is a yellow region.
      But many times I walk into yellow zones just to remember seeing something red flash on my screen when I entered and I suddenly begin to self-doubt...

Did I just enter a red zone? Did I bring the wrong equipment?

It cannot be, I still have my warnings up for red zones, right?

*opens the map*

Oh, nevermind, it's a yellow zone.

And this happens not once, but many times a day to me, because the game has taught me one colour scheme but is also trying to at the same time use another with different colours.

I understand that once I spend most of my time in black zones this issue will be gone for me and I understand that changing either of these colour schemes at this point into the game is going to create more confusing among current players than the confusion it would solve, so I'm not expecting or demanding any changes, but I really wanted to say this:

Your choice of two different colour schemes resulting in things like tier 5 yellow zones that are safe and where you find yellow resources in dangerous red tier 7 zones in this game is really unfortunate.

The post was edited 26 times, last by Mandulf ().

• Changing the established colour scheme, (which ive never in all my years playing really heard anyone confused by after a day or so of play), would most likely just cause more confusion.

Gear and Zones are two completely different things and therefore dont need to align in any way whatsoever as far as colour is concerned.

It isnt broken. Most players figure it out very early into their gameplay. Theres nothing to fix.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Yes, I am aware that changing the established colour scheme at this point into the game would likely cause more confusion than it solves, which is why I wrote

Mandulf wrote:

I understand that once I spend most of my time in black zones this issue will be gone for me and I understand that changing either of these colour schemes at this point into the game is going to create more confusing among current players than the confusion it would solve, so I'm not expecting or demanding any changes, but I really wanted to say this:
    • i never had any problem identifying zone types

i just remember this
      royal continent
      city to city = safe. yellow / blue zones? all look like blue zones
      city to carleon = Never safer. treat as black zones
      blackzone and roads = never safer.

i only see two colors blue and black
      i dont see yellow or red zones
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build