Announcement Dev Talk: Development Update

• Druhran wrote:

All valid points. My only concern is transports to the mist city. If there is a market there and/or crafting stations there probably should be some semblance of risk in transporting gear/resources there. Otherwise players can easily load up in a Royal City, find a YZ Mists Portal and roam from Mist to Mist until you find the city and unload for massive profits. Then after a week the Mists market will already be flooded with items/mats.

Up to SBI if they want the Mist city to be an analog of any given Royal City or a place with some level of scarcity, more like a Rest. Benefits to both, of course, but the transport risk will heavily influence the outcome here.
      From my understanding (but @Obelis might be able to correct me) you will only find the city in the Mist by pure luck, since each time you zone into a Mist zone from the YZ, it will be a different one. No way to know if you will spend minutes or hours finding the city. And even when you find it, you can not spam the same road, since it closed after you entered in it. So I am not concerned about that.

However it rise some questions :
      - When you enter a Mist portal, can you take it back the other way to come back from where you come from ? Or even if it exist it will lead you somewhere else ?
      - How to change from a Mist zone to another Mist zone ? Is that also through a one way portal ? Or inside the Mist there are classic OW gates ?
      - How to go out of the Mist ? Is that also through a one way portal ? Do you know by advance where you will go ?
      - Would someone be able to draw a map of the Mist, or does it make no sense
      (ex: is it like corrupted, where each map is instantiate depending on the players numbers and when you into another Mist map you have chances to "invade" an already existing Mist map) ?

The post was edited 3 times, last by grul ().

• This future update looks good ! I'm really excited about this new city, creatures, waiting to see the new equipment as well.

Also, I know it's probably not a priority and is not exactly a huge gameplay change, but could we have housing customization based on the mists ? I would love to be able to personalize my island or our guild one's.
      You can even make something like a craftable item with mists resources/artifacts like the explorer's anchor, even if the amount of ressources needed was huge I would totally add this as one of my goal in the game.
    • Atualização que falta seria uma arma feita de pedra com as mesmas habilidades que o gigante de pedra tem porque o preço da pedra é muito barato de atualização
      Pode ter também armadura botas capacete de pedra isso não só uma nova arma para os jogadores melhoraria a economia na questão da pedra porque a pedra está muito valorizada
    • Godplay101 wrote:

I think there will be both yellow and black zones which in my opinion will be the right thing to do in order to move some people out of the RC
      If its a yellow zone, big guilds can control who plays in those zones. keeping red guards (or Caerleon guards if they manage to get some faction bois there) and beating the shit out of solos when all they wanna do is content. full loot has the perk that when you die, you go back to town. If it's yz you just keep getting beaten up til your gear is red and all you can do is runaway through a portal that you have no idea where it will lead.
    • New

Tombalone wrote:

Godplay101 wrote:

I think there will be both yellow and black zones which in my opinion will be the right thing to do in order to move some people out of the RC
      If its a yellow zone, big guilds can control who plays in those zones. keeping red guards (or Caerleon guards if they manage to get some faction bois there) and beating the shit out of solos when all they wanna do is content. full loot has the perk that when you die, you go back to town. If it's yz you just keep getting beaten up til your gear is red and all you can do is runaway through a portal that you have no idea where it will lead.
      Not necessarily the case, it depends on how they work it out. Corrupt dungeons, for example, kick you out into the open world when you die in a 'yellow zone' corrupt dungeon. There could be a similar mechanic.

I don't really care whether there are yellow zone mists of Avalon or not, was just pointing something out.
    • New

You have idealistic idea of PVP, that has no connection with reality. PVP makes the game nasty place, there is no daring adventure and exploration like you imagine. You neglect PVE players and bring no safe content to play. You add more and more PVP, while PVE players stick to same things that were years back.

There are many kinds of players that start this game. For each it looks like promising adventure. However you force all of them to pvp at some point, or they have nothing more to do. Not all of them like it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Unangwata ().