Dev Talk: Development Update

• I'm a bit concerned about what mechanics exist in the mists specifically to balance things for 1v1 scenarios.

Corrupt dungeons have experienced healing and kite builds being too strong in 1v1 situations. To fix this, healing is reduced by 30%; additionally, if a nature or holy staff uses a q that heals, it reduces all their damage by 50% for 60 seconds. To help people against kite builds, they have shadow imps, which eventually start reducing the enemy's movement speed if they play around just kiting you forever.

Are there going to be any special mechanics in place to balance things in 1v1 in the mists?
    • Dezvul wrote:

I'm a bit concerned about what mechanics exist in the mists specifically to balance things for 1v1 scenarios.

Corrupt dungeons have experienced healing and kite builds being too strong in 1v1 situations. To fix this, healing is reduced by 30%; additionally, if a nature or holy staff uses a q that heals, it reduces all their damage by 50% for 60 seconds. To help people against kite builds, they have shadow imps, which eventually start reducing the enemy's movement speed if they play around just kiting you forever.

Are there going to be any special mechanics in place to balance things in 1v1 in the mists?
      Hope not. While I don't like the prospect of being frost shotted to death it's an open world area, no IP caps, no special combat mechanics, just a lawless area where it's kill or be killed and the hardiest survive.
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love:
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

Hope not. While I don't like the prospect of being frost shotted to death it's an open world area, no IP caps, no special combat mechanics, just a lawless area where it's kill or be killed and the hardiest survive.
      Honestly rather than having the imps exist, I've always wanted non-boots movement abilities to be nerfed a bit. Slightly shorter range dashes and jumps with longer cooldowns.

I feel like those mobility options are often too much in 1v1 situations; while in most group content they don't see as much use, and when they do, simply having the ability to instantly displace oneself is all that is needed. Usually in group content things with a mobility option don't tend to use it as soon as it is off cooldown, and frankly kitey groups aren't as much of a meta as in 1v1s, so they don't need so much range on their displacement either. Frost shot is especially an offender, where it is one of the longest range weapon dash abilities while being on one of the shortest cooldowns, also managing to slow enemies that were at a close range before the ability's use, specifically being on ranged weapons some of which have really good poke.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dezvul ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

@Quagga i have an invis pot with your name on it
      come meet in the mists

:D

Quagga wrote:

da faq u talking about weirdo..
      sit in bz and gank 10v1 by cheesing with invis pot.. in 1v1 you are like NPC, cant w8 for mist and shit on ppl like you who can fight 10v1 only.
      I have an invi pot with both of your names on it. Try to kill each other, so I can come sweep the floor.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • I can't wait to see new, exciting things for the corrupted dungeon players to complain about. Gathering gear maybe? People being able to swap? Not being forced to fight someone when you run into them? The possibilities are endless!
      Arcane shill

Looking for a job with labourers? https://discord.gg/Av8apcsCZP
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

come meet in the mists

Quagga wrote:

sit in bz and gank 10v1 by cheesing with invis pot.. in 1v1 you are like NPC, cant w8 for mist and shit on ppl like you who can fight 10v1 only.
      I have an invi pot with both of your names on it. Try to kill each other, so I can come sweep the floor.

Fair 1v1 eh? haha
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • Grouping shouldn't be allowed period in the Mists. If you want this to be an actual solo player area and not get camped and looted 24/7 by the big guilds and their Round Table insider status then solo only. Ppl will still obviously go into Discord and stuff but at least it'll help.
      So we get a Yuletide event IG, but my religion's holiday of All You Can Eat Pasta Friday's isn't allowed? All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Our Lord and Savior of all you can eat!
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

come meet in the mists

Quagga wrote:

support is too disabled to 1v1 anyone ^^ is a legit 10v1 invis pot ganker.
    • Revert

Misc
      Currently DoTs do only put the caster in combat at the point, when the DoT is applied on an enemy, but doesn't refresh the combat timer on each tick for the aggressor. But since the enemy takes damage, the enemy's in combat passive timer is refreshed on each tick. This leads to the caster of the DoT getting out of combat before the player that got hit by the DoT. This will be changed so both players will stay for the same time in combat

• Each tick of a DoT now puts the original caster into combat again (currently they only get into combat on the first application of the DoT)

apply it only to HG/CD!

that change made a ox's unkillable for solo and using mount as a catch "weapon" is impossible due to 6 sec~ longer combat in that time the victim is already 2 screens away.
      so all the escaping skill has been reduced to "clicking boots" and enjoying the escape.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

Obelis wrote:

YeSer wrote:

no mount in mist., you can check the video..the botom of mount A is disabled.
      The gameplay in the Mists is intended to mirror the open world (only much smaller in scale), so mounts are indeed allowed.
      then the reset meta will be - have super long run on boots + mobility and jump on mount..

Have a grizzly or a battle mount for 2000% safe mist gaming..

That's an issue

You potentially need introduce super_mist_only pots that dismount every mount like a t3 horse with a 8.1 poison
      -1 for not being able to dismount a player being an issue :
      If you intend to be a super threat able to take on everything passing in your screen and get it down, I guess you can see it like an issue, yes.
      But it is a matter of opinion. Mine is that players not seeking danger shouldn't get easily in trouble. If they passby mounted so be it, goal in Mist will be objectives and players taking risks for them, not the passer-by.

+1 for reset meta being annoying :
      If objectives are like thoses of the open-world there are currently :
      - Nodes and gather spot. Ok, if a reset meta guy come seek me, I can fight back, we start at equality. If he keep doing reset, I can at least gather the node and then going out searching for someone else.
      - Mobs, Bosses and PvE fight :
      => The reset meta guy pass by at the wrong time and kill me. Not a fight = Not fun.
      => The reset meta guy pass by and I push him back. Can't risk to do the objective anymore with a reset meta guy around here, nor can't properly kill him. Stall situation = Not fun.

Ofc this is IMHO, and a simplification, but I hope it won't be a complete mirror OW, and that there will be more various gameplay.
    • grul wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Obelis wrote:

YeSer wrote:

no mount in mist., you can check the video..the botom of mount A is disabled.
      The gameplay in the Mists is intended to mirror the open world (only much smaller in scale), so mounts are indeed allowed.
      then the reset meta will be - have super long run on boots + mobility and jump on mount..
      Have a grizzly or a battle mount for 2000% safe mist gaming..

That's an issue

You potentially need introduce super_mist_only pots that dismount every mount like a t3 horse with a 8.1 poison
      -1 for not being able to dismount a player being an issue :If you intend to be a super threat able to take on everything passing in your screen and get it down, I guess you can see it like an issue, yes.
      But it is a matter of opinion. Mine is that players not seeking danger shouldn't get easily in trouble. If they passby mounted so be it, goal in Mist will be objectives and players taking risks for them, not the passer-by.

+1 for reset meta being annoying :
      If objectives are like thoses of the open-world there are currently :
      - Nodes and gather spot. Ok, if a reset meta guy come seek me, I can fight back, we start at equality. If he keep doing reset, I can at least gather the node and then going out searching for someone else.
      - Mobs, Bosses and PvE fight :
      => The reset meta guy pass by at the wrong time and kill me. Not a fight = Not fun.
      => The reset meta guy pass by and I push him back. Can't risk to do the objective anymore with a reset meta guy around here, nor can't properly kill him. Stall situation = Not fun.

Ofc this is IMHO, and a simplification, but I hope it won't be a complete mirror OW, and that there will be more various gameplay.

All valid points. My only concern is transports to the mist city. If there is a market there and/or crafting stations there probably should be some semblance of risk in transporting gear/resources there. Otherwise players can easily load up in a Royal City, find a YZ Mists Portal and roam from Mist to Mist until you find the city and unload for massive profits. Then after a week the Mists market will already be flooded with items/mats.

Up to SBI if they want the Mist city to be an analog of any given Royal City or a place with some level of scarcity, more like a Rest. Benefits to both, of course, but the transport risk will heavily influence the outcome here.