Dev Talk: Development Update

• Since last year OW rework was a huge success, i'm optimistic, however here's a concern: transporting

It's not a secret that roads are widely used as a safe(r) transport route between BZ and royals. Mists have potential to be even safer? Let's say i pull a bear with goods through the mists. Who really can hurt me solo? I guess it won't be easy to find an exit, but eventually?
    • Trial_hard wrote:

As i heared for solo player or small groups i am really scared...
      Small groups usually grow fast, and if it's valuable the big guilds will do Everything Everything to control it...

I really really recommend: no groups, no name tags, no guild tags, no alliance tags outside in mists..

And Friendly fire

This is the only option that I can imagine that it works..

And of course no hideouts, hideouts is the opposite of small groups and solo

If this happens, 8.3 is no issue...even if there is 5 solo enemy t6 players...they will potentially focus the 8.3 treasure chest
      I was the one suggesting friendly fire. :D Instead now we get a city inside a "solo" zone.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • Schmellow wrote:

Since last year OW rework was a huge success, i'm optimistic, however here's a concern: transporting

It's not a secret that roads are widely used as a safe(r) transport route between BZ and royals. Mists have potential to be even safer? Let's say i pull a bear with goods through the mists. Who really can hurt me solo? I guess it won't be easy to find an exit, but eventually?
      There's a city inside the mist, so there will still be large gank group.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

As i heared for solo player or small groups i am really scared...
      Small groups usually grow fast, and if it's valuable the big guilds will do Everything Everything to control it...

I really really recommend: no groups, no name tags, no guild tags, no alliance tags outside in mists..

And Friendly fire

If this happens, 8.3 is no issue...even if there is 5 solo enemy t6 players...they will potentially focus the 8.3 treasure chest
      I was the one suggesting friendly fire. :D Instead now we get a city inside a "solo" zone.
      The city is for roads as a whole, mists is a subpart of it and doesn't matter how many "20 man groups" are in the city, every mist portal only allows one player at a time. Think from last dev talk as well there's a bias against same guilds landing on same zone, so chance of others teaming up and abusing it is minimal.
    • Schmellow wrote:

Since last year OW rework was a huge success, i'm optimistic, however here's a concern: transporting

From the looks of the video, mists don't allow for mounted players, also they don't have known entrance / exits, so it's far from the best option for transporting compared to roads.
    • Looks exciting! I hope there will be T8 system-owned crafting stations, without any special bonuses, located in the Mist city for players who want to live there. This would be amazing for those who want to avoid the large alliances, zerg gank groups, cartel controlled crafting station pricing, etc.

It could be an ideal place for solo players who wish to avoid the larger politics of Albion and have our own niche in the game world.
    • Correcto.. se anunciaron, cuando sacaron los guantes de guerra que habria una nueva Rama tanto para magos como para el cazador.. pero hasta ahora nada.. SE ha empezado a especular sobre una nueva rama de Magos con bastones electricos.
    • Thanks! I am very excited about this new content and specially by the Mists but as others said before, the ability to group inside worry me.
      It won't be long before zerg roam those either.

It could be nice to be unable to group and have a friendly fire including toward guild members and alliance! If not, solo content might be that solo. :saint:
    • so the current problem with scouts and domination by HO people who have 20+ in zones for 7 people will not be fixed ?
      on top of that access to HO will be even easier, i.e. what killed the concept of roads gets buff....
      the new city will have HOME options ? if so it will turn into another AFK spot for flat 4 "gankers" instead of playing the role of active gameplay and having the role of organic content.

idk... they are adding "content" and not improving what we already have.... :thumbdown:
    • There seem to be a lot of questions here so here's some additional info... :)

Trial_hard wrote:

And Friendly fire

• Grouping will only be allowed when and where we want to allow it...which is virtually never. That part of the video is very misleading. More on that later.
      • As the above is true, the friendly fire question resolves itself as a consequence
      • Player Anonymity is something that's being considered and actually exists in the concept; but to do it right it's not a trivial task...this is something that I'd like to see implemented in a way that's polished, can't be easily circumvented, and is reusable (can be turned on or off wherever we want). It's unclear if this can be done in time, but it's also a candidate for an early patch so it's good to see that requested a few times here.
      • Hideouts wouldn't function in the Mists. Hideouts will remain in the Roads and won't be seen in the Mists.

SpicyPepper wrote:

So only 1 person can go through mist portal, but there's an entire city in that mist, where 20 men gank group can live happily together in there.

I hope that there will be mechanics in place to prevent 20 men hunting party living in that Mist City together and go out together every day.
      • The City doesn't work like that. You won't be able to enter the Mists with a 20 man gank group. It's not "connected." Basically if they attempted this, that 20 man gank group would be placed in 20 different places, and then the group would be dissolved and they'd all be on their own.

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Huge props to the art team on this! The Roads look amazing and that new city?! God damn!

... new weapon line? Mhmm, I look forward to hearing more!
      • Armor...there are other weapon lines planned for later, of course, but they'll be a focal point of a future update. :)

The_Support_God wrote:

Ayi Dream come true

we ask for content SBI delivered

also SBI please make those zones black with full loot
      in the development video those zones are yellow zones
      • There will be lethal full loot PvP (of course)

Quagga wrote:

so the current problem with scouts and domination by HO people who have 20+ in zones for 7 people will not be fixed ?
      on top of that access to HO will be even easier, i.e. what killed the concept of roads gets buff....
      the new city will have HOME options ? if so it will turn into another AFK spot for flat 4 "gankers" instead of playing the role of active gameplay and having the role of organic content.
      • These concerns are some of our specific action points. We'll go into more detail about this soon. Keep an eye out for that info. :)

I think that's all I can say for now...we'll go into way more detail about each individual feature in our upcoming dev talks. Have to save some info for those, after all. :D
      • Player Anonymity is something that's being considered and actually exists in the concept; but to do it right it's not a trivial task...this is something that I'd like to see implemented in a way that's polished, can't be easily circumvented, and is reusable (can be turned on or off wherever we want). It's unclear if this can be done in time, but it's also a candidate for an early patch so it's good to see that requested a few times here.

I would do that client sided. Much easier to code, and not a big deal if successful hacked.

Clientsided you just do an override of the display variable while having the true identifier ..
    • Obelis wrote:

There seem to be a lot of questions here so here's some additional info... :)

Trial_hard wrote:

And Friendly fire

• Grouping will only be allowed when and where we want to allow it...which is virtually never. That part of the video is very misleading. More on that later.
      • As the above is true, the friendly fire question resolves itself as a consequence
      • Hideouts wouldn't function in the Mists. Hideouts will remain in the Roads and won't be seen in the Mists.

SpicyPepper wrote:

So only 1 person can go through mist portal, but there's an entire city in that mist, where 20 men gank group can live happily together in there.

I hope that there will be mechanics in place to prevent 20 men hunting party living in that Mist City together and go out together every day.
      • The City doesn't work like that. You won't be able to enter the Mists with a 20 man gank group. It's not "connected." Basically if they attempted this, that 20 man gank group would be placed in 20 different places, and then the group would be dissolved and they'd all be on their own.

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Huge props to the art team on this! The Roads look amazing and that new city?! God damn!

... new weapon line? Mhmm, I look forward to hearing more!
      • Armor...there are other weapon lines planned for later, of course, but they'll be a focal point of a future update. :)

The_Support_God wrote:

Ayi Dream come true

we ask for content SBI delivered

also SBI please make those zones black with full loot
      in the development video those zones are yellow zones
      • There will be lethal full loot PvP (of course)

Quagga wrote:

so the current problem with scouts and domination by HO people who have 20+ in zones for 7 people will not be fixed ?
      • These concerns are some of our specific action points. We'll go into more detail about this soon. Keep an eye out for that info. :)

I think that's all I can say for now...we'll go into way more detail about each individual feature in our upcoming dev talks. Have to save some info for those, after all. :D
      *Optimism detected*
      Avid Handheld Gamer :love: