Frost after some use

• Frost after some use

hello All,

sorry accidentally posted before finishing I'm working on it

i try to stay out of the op/up threads, I've always just seen the whole process like the weather. Sometimes what you use will get nerfd into oblivion and sometimes something you use becomes OP, over all everything tends to be usable and that is usually ok for me.

ok i don't have a number just a general feeling of great and 1H frost compared to the last 5+ years of use. frost has become annoying to play. so rather than suggest changes I'm going to ask questions.

1. why are Q spells in frost all skill shots now ?
      the damage was good and made up for it but after the recent changes its just hard to use.
      2. why were E's in both 1H and greater nerfed so badly? yes greater was a little op, but nobody was complaining about the 1H. a simple tweak of about .25 of a second less cooldown would make it not painful to use.
      3. why does nature do more damage over frost . I literally finish pve things 50% faster than with the current frost. I'm not even 20 spec in nature compared to full spec in frost. DONT NERF NATURE!!!!

i really wasn't sure I wanted to post this but my idiot fingers made the choice for me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Noreaga ().

• I have build up Whole magic staff , frost staff Qs 2 and 3 is great for clear mobs ,and Ws1 ,Ws 4 also great for clear mobs . I use frost staff Qs2+Ws1 +E already clear all mobs .old Frost Qs1 is better than New Qs1 .
      mobs will not run out from nature Qs2 so mobs will get full damage from Nature Qs2 same like fire Qs2. Damage Over Times like Curse ,Fire Qs , Nature will more fast to clear elite mobs .

The post was edited 2 times, last by Catandcoffee ().

• Hello new comer
      i answer you based on my opinion on the matter
      SBI kept us in the dark on their thought process when reworking the mage weapons so i can only speculate

Q1
      Q choice change was made to differentiate from other mage weapon tree by SBI's design
      where Q skill choice allow for different playstyle from different mage trees
      damage was up to compensate
      also it was done to make skill expression not based on Ping icicle shard drop was dealing more DPS at lower ping

Q2
      1h nerf was done due to ganking, double blink and CC.
      it has decent aoe attached with small CC with moderate cooldown and damage
      it was basicaly an all rounder seen alot in past content

as for great frost. it was dealing too much damage
      when balancing great frost SBI looks at great fire and long bow as this 3 weapons are almost similar in function
      at least from my PoV
      long story short it was dealing too much damage due to frost staff commonly uses CDR food and the likes to
      boost their dps

Q3
      this had its long discussion in the forums when it was first introduced . it used to do higher damage as high as fire staff but i protested against it
      for more information refer to our inhouse nature main @Trial_hard
      with his help its now in a some what balanced state
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • The_Support_God wrote:

Hello new comer
      i answer you based on my opinion on the matter
      SBI kept us in the dark on their thought process when reworking the mage weapons so i can only speculate

Q1
      Q choice change was made to differentiate from other mage weapon tree by SBI's design
      where Q skill choice allow for different playstyle from different mage trees
      damage was up to compensate
      also it was done to make skill expression not based on Ping icicle shard drop was dealing more DPS at lower ping

Q2
      1h nerf was done due to ganking, double blink and CC.
      it has decent aoe attached with small CC with moderate cooldown and damage
      it was basicaly an all rounder seen alot in past content

as for great frost. it was dealing too much damage
      when balancing great frost SBI looks at great fire and long bow as this 3 weapons are almost similar in function
      at least from my PoV
      long story short it was dealing too much damage due to frost staff commonly uses CDR food and the likes to
      boost their dps

Q3
      this had its long discussion in the forums when it was first introduced . it used to do higher damage as high as fire staff but i protested against it
      for more information refer to our inhouse nature main @Trial_hard
      with his help its now in a some what balanced state
      Thank you both for responding to my unfinished thread. the reasoning seems ok, I could just be salty that my favorite line is not the line I like anymore.

PS for sure not a new :D but I'm flattered that you think i seem young!
    • Ahh you are one of the alpha testers. hummm dont see you much on the forum thats why i assume you are new

i am one of the more active voices here
      which always put me on the fire when some of the other voices here come after me

#RiskVSRewardCult

The post was edited 2 times, last by The_Support_God ().

• Noreaga wrote:

3. why does nature do more damage over frost . I literally finish pve things 50% faster than with the current frost. I'm not even 20 spec in nature compared to full spec in frost. DONT NERF NATURE!!!!
      Nature is broken for pve and it deserves a nerf. Fastest pve weapon with heal on e spell and is somehow not broken? Don't compare other weapons to it. Compare frost to a decent clearing build like 1h spear. That is how an average weapon should clear pve and not like nature.
    • ziigii wrote:

Noreaga wrote:

Nature is broken for pve and it deserves a nerf. Fastest pve weapon with heal on e spell and is somehow not broken? Don't compare other weapons to it. Compare frost to a decent clearing build like 1h spear. That is how an average weapon should clear pve and not like nature.
      we now balance the game based on PvE???

Wtf has this game come to..
    • Trial_hard wrote:

ziigii wrote:

Noreaga wrote:

we now balance the game based on PvE???
      Wtf has this game come to..
      Game was allways ballanced around pve. That's why one hand dagger and battleaxe got all the nerfs these weapons have ever gotten.

Why have group static dungeons if 4.1 druidic with 0 spec kills them solo?

Have you been living under a rock?
    • ziigii wrote:

Noreaga wrote:

That is a good point I don’t have any spec in spear I should run that comparison. Given the speed I do things in this game I’ll get to it just in time for the next balance patch
    • Noreaga wrote:

ziigii wrote:

Noreaga wrote:

That is a good point I don’t have any spec in spear I should run that comparison. Given the speed I do things in this game I’ll get to it just in time for the next balance patch
      i clear on curse / arcane CD faster - but what does that tell you? Nothing this is a pvp game
    • Yap,ok , let's me tell you Arcane, Holy , Fire,Nature, Curse Q's ability is more faster to clear mobs than frost Staff after rework .
      1. Frost Staff Q's 1 +weapons passive 4 can stack up damage bonus, will fast clear single target boss .
      2. Frost Staff Q's 2+ weapon passive 3 + casting speed gear like Morgan cape, mage robe( passive 2 casting speed) + offhand book + omelette , you can crazy casting to clear mobs
      3. Frost Staff Q's 3+ weapon passive 4 +reduce CD gear set like Royal jacket (passive 3 reduce CD)+ Royal cloth helmet (passive 1)+ leather shoes spring cd (passive 3 reduce Cd) +offhand horn + omelette,you can crazy cast Q's 3+Ws1 or Ws 4.

If full PvE Frost Staff want clear mobs fast you need choose right W's ability, W's 2 , W's 3 for PvP
      , W's 1 , W's 4 for PvE,
      W's 5 can use with Q's 3 to reduce CD,but I was tested Q's 3 + reduce CD set +W's 1 or Ws 4 is more fast to clear mobs .

Q's 2 you just crazy recast this ability with casting speed gear.
    • does PvE speed matter that much?
      for players past the PvE stage and mainly PvP.
      PvE speed is like kind of a bonus.

aside from Builds with in build sustain being able to do group dungeons solo
      SBI dont balance PvE as much as pvp

There is no PvE meta is there? unlike other games such as WoW, Lost ark, path of exile
      PvE is kind of meh in albion. Aside from HCE
      there is no other point to PvE as there is no end game materials / gear that cannot be obtained by crafting unlike other game

the world boss drops for mounts is nolonger as exclusive or desirable nor are they any better than avaliable options
      so i do not consider them as end game materials

#RiskVSRewardCult

• game really need end game exclusive drops

1) show off status
      2) something guilds should fight for
      3) sense of progression

while the point of player run economy allow for everyone to have equal access to the market
      there is not many points to to PvE unlike other games where some progression is locked to PvE

#RiskVSRewardCult