Great Arcane in Small Scale is broken

• Great Arcane in Small Scale is broken

Every weapon in albion should have value to make game balanced. This is not ok if weapon can completely destroy clump and it's need so much attention to counter.
      Other defensive weapons are giving damage resistance, do silence, stuns, but it's all can be overdamaged/purged.
      But against arcane you can't do shit! You just put GA on your team mates when they air compressed and It's not purgeable
      If you playing small scale against it, you are actually playing "Silence the great arcane before clump" game now.
      It's incredibly stupid and annoying. Dealing with one single weapon shouldn't be win-condition.

What can i suggest then? Maybe GA slows and negates healing? Maybe GA freezes players and giving them ~1000HP shield, but when it breaks they getting unfrozen?
      Doesn't really matter. We were fine when GA was useless in small-scale.

Dear community of Albion, please share your reasoned opinion about this weapon so SBI will pay attention
    • it’s hard for small scale players since they already be fighting outnumbered fights and they wouldn’t have enough damage if they play it, on the other hand bigger groups can have enough damaged combined with bigger numbers and a GA that will immediately ruin your engages or your kiting.
    • heh, we struggle with power projection when it comes to zergs that's why we added HQ to the game, at the same time we add G arcane to the game so that by chance aoe escalation is not too strong against zergs.

I don't see the logic here.

What I can suggest from my side is to bring back G arcane and if 1shot is a problem in some content then I would introduce a displacement rule exactly the same as we have with fiend robe/chain or let you use pots while in the air :)
    • When the change of GA firstly revealed in test server, I suggest that it is too powerful.
      And I am amazing that it has not been changed in new patch. 0.5s affecting time is a great buff for GA. It can be used to stop enemies engage. Now it is more like a group cleric cowls and take effect in the air.
      Our guild is one of the earliest team to use GA in small-scale fight. We also find some solutions to encounter enemies with GA.
      Solution 1: mark the GA, try to kill him first. It is not easy and very dangerous. But if it worked, you will get great advantages.
      Solution 2: mark the GA, send some one to silence him while attack. The best weapon is heavy mace.
      Solution 3: fake attack. If enemies have more than one GA, it not worked well.
      Solution 4: aggressive GA. Use GA to local the enemies first, so they can not be protected by their GA. But he can also stop your engage.
      Solution 5: multiple engage. It need more people.
      Ps: Air compressor is more powerful than GA in this patch. Try to use it
    • DummyRobert wrote:

When the change of GA firstly revealed in test server, I suggest that it is too powerful.
      And I am amazing that it has not been changed in new patch. 0.5s affecting time is a great buff for GA. It can be used to stop enemies engage. Now it is more like a group cleric cowls and take effect in the air.
      Our guild is one of the earliest team to use GA in small-scale fight. We also find some solutions to encounter enemies with GA.
      Solution 1: mark the GA, try to kill him first. It is not easy and very dangerous. But if it worked, you will get great advantages.
      Solution 2: mark the GA, send some one to silence him while attack. The best weapon is heavy mace.
      Solution 4: aggressive GA. Use GA to local the enemies first, so they can not be protected by their GA. But he can also stop your engage.
      Sure but people need to understand it's so stupid, why you need to play against arcane like whole fight is about it.
      And this is actually improving groups that are bigger, imagine if u like 10 and they are 18, and u can't oneshot cuz they have great arcane.

Wonder GA still a thing and SBI not paying any attention to it.
    • its not just about the E of great arcane
      the rework to W and Q skills also made the whole tree viable as Dps/ utility skill tree

if we look at Even song, enigmatic, locus those are some very strong E skills that were standalone
      in moderate 10-20 to large ZvZ fights the presense of one or 2 arcane would create a greater impact than another healer/ tank or dps

with a rework to W and Q it became a strong dps class to top off with utility of E
      and this push arcane as one of the best dps/ utility class there is

i can even say in team fights arcane staff can be better then some dps weapons
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

its not just about the E of great arcane
      the rework to W and Q skills also made the whole tree viable as Dps/ utility skill tree

if we look at Even song, enigmatic, locus those are some very strong E skills that were standalone
      in moderate 10-20 to large ZvZ fights the presense of one or 2 arcane would create a greater impact than another healer/ tank or dps

with a rework to W and Q it became a strong dps class to top off with utility of E
      and this push arcane as one of the best dps/ utility class there is

i can even say in team fights arcane staff can be better then some dps weapons
      Thread is not about it.
      DPS Arcanes are just meta, but GA is broken that's it.
      And DPS GA is bad btw it's support.
    • catlulu wrote:

DummyRobert wrote:

When the change of GA firstly revealed in test server, I suggest that it is too powerful.
      Sure but people need to understand it's so stupid, why you need to play against arcane like whole fight is about it.And this is actually improving groups that are bigger, imagine if u like 10 and they are 18, and u can't oneshot cuz they have great arcane.

Wonder GA still a thing and SBI not paying any attention to it.
      I agree with you, and I have report to SBI in test server feedback. But it seems that SBI dont think so. Before it is changed, what we can do is to counter it.
    • What I don't get about this is why they changed it.

Isn't Enigmatic the kind of thing that should be used anti-clap? Breakable channel, significant but not total invulnerability, depends on the positioning of the target, etc.

It just means GA is the better anti-clap, and at the same time they made it worse as an offense.

Why not make it a 2-3 second non-purgable buff/debuff that restores health to the value when the buff is applied.
      For allies it restores it to the same value if they are below it
      For enemies it restores it to the same value if they are above it

This makes it a great spell for turning a fight or a clap, but the spell itself can't prevent the damage. So if they die in those 2-3 seconds, it can't help.
      This way would make it a pseudo heal and a pseudo anti-heal spell, and while it would be good for claps, it is for reversing a lot of the clap damage, not preventing death in the first place
    • Great changes in the Arcane tree tbh... it brought the tree to life, and though there is merit in some of the annoyance value expressed here in regards GA, it isn't hard to manage... a mace with demon helm simply keeps much of this nonsense in order, and as it has been mentioned in passing, the CC mace assigned to deal with the backline mage and healer set can powerfully gather with air compressor, stun and silence aoe, and that's before even targeting the GA with a demon helm silence.

The beauty of the pvp system in this game is that there is always a way to deal with issues, it is just that you now have to think outside the box a little and ADAPT. Adaptation is the path to success.
    • Sorry, but i think you don't know what are you talking about.

GA can easily cleric sandals out of compress
      It can purge silence from themselves, unless it's AOE silence

What you need to understand, that GA makes outnumbered fights not winnable. When you can't play too agressive and all-in on backline silencing GA. You have to engage on front-line and then go back, using silence as a stopper.

If you will go deep on GA on stop tank while you are outnumbered, stop-tank won't be able to instantly kite back plus he won't be able to stop counter engage, because he wasted abilities on GA.

When you equal numbers GA not a big problem. You are able to try to silence it.

You think it's legit that one single weapon needs so much attention? I don't. It's basically making outnumbered fights even more harder. People doesn't need to play good. Just you can't do anything about GA, because you can't go agressive on it - you gonna get run downed by enemy team.