Testserver Patch Notes - Into the Fray Patch 6

• Korn wrote:

The problem is that with the current economy generating a huge silver surplus each day, the excess silver keeps piling up as the sinks in the game are not adequate - the silver "stockpile" becomes bigger and bigger each day. This means that the price of gold will continue to increase, in particular as lots of players will purchase gold as a investment (i.e. buy and hold it), further increase the price of gold. This causes a runaway effect. We had this a couple of times in the past, each time we addressed it with a re-balancing of the silver economy, which worked as intended.
      One thing to also keep in mind that when we release a new update it is often the case that the overall level of silver earnable per hour increases (due to new features and systems often coming with extra rewards). Recently, for example, it was the ability for random dungeons to "charge up" to higher levels and the might/favor system being introduced. Theoretically speaking, with each update in which extra sources of silver are being introduced, we would have to offset it through some general nerfs. The reason why we don't do this "by default" is that we actually want to see how the game economy develops with each update and only take action if it is really required.
      Lets talk why. The issue here is silver flow. Silver comes from OW mobs, dungeons. What has been changed recently? CD, SRD, Group DG, HCE are the same, even nerfed. So it should be OW or new static dungeons.
      The issue should be in drop table. Prior the patch mobs dropped very little silver and a big part of silver flow come from bags dropped by chests. After the patch ow mobs drop silver itself, not loot. Loot burn silver through market transactions and eventually will be destroyed, silver stay here forever. So you (by you I mean dev team) created this issue with your own hands. Am I right?

Then why you use that awful solution? It is not win-win, not even win-loose, it is loose-loose for everyone. New players get less silver, need to spend more silver on respec points and gear. And eventually premium for silver for them is less available. The game become less positive. From the other point you do not solve the issue. Silver should not be dropped by mobs in current amounts, it should be produced only by easily balanced sources which do not affect all economy. Like bags.

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve. Your explanation does not look reasonable.
    • Sethis wrote:

Korn wrote:

The problem is that with the current economy generating a huge silver surplus each day, the excess silver keeps piling up as the sinks in the game are not adequate - the silver "stockpile" becomes bigger and bigger each day. This means that the price of gold will continue to increase, in particular as lots of players will purchase gold as a investment (i.e. buy and hold it), further increase the price of gold. This causes a runaway effect. We had this a couple of times in the past, each time we addressed it with a re-balancing of the silver economy, which worked as intended.
      One thing to also keep in mind that when we release a new update it is often the case that the overall level of silver earnable per hour increases (due to new features and systems often coming with extra rewards). Recently, for example, it was the ability for random dungeons to "charge up" to higher levels and the might/favor system being introduced. Theoretically speaking, with each update in which extra sources of silver are being introduced, we would have to offset it through some general nerfs. The reason why we don't do this "by default" is that we actually want to see how the game economy develops with each update and only take action if it is really required.
      Lets talk why. The issue here is silver flow. Silver comes from OW mobs, dungeons. What has been changed recently? CD, SRD, Group DG, HCE are the same, even nerfed. So it should be OW or new static dungeons.The issue should be in drop table. Prior the patch mobs dropped very little silver and a big part of silver flow come from bags dropped by chests. After the patch ow mobs drop silver itself, not loot. Loot burn silver through market transactions and eventually will be destroyed, silver stay here forever. So you (by you I mean dev team) created this issue with your own hands. Am I right?

Then why you use that awful solution? It is not win-win, not even win-loose, it is loose-loose for everyone. New players get less silver, need to spend more silver on respec points and gear. And eventually premium for silver for them is less available. The game become less positive. From the other point you do not solve the issue. Silver should not be dropped by mobs in current amounts, it should be produced only by easily balanced sources which do not affect all economy. Like bags.

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve. Your explanation does not look reasonable.
      I feel like a lot of silver gain is currently due to players not dying in the black zone, which pretty much makes silver go to waste because of trash rates and other players picking up armor damage silver.
      SBI hand holding a whole bunch of players is pretty much preventing a lot of death already, and wish the game went back into hardcore mode, since that would really make the game in general, harder, and it being harder makes obtaining silver a little more difficult. That includes removing the stupid teleport feature, replace it with like 5 teleports per player, and once used up they no longer can teleport back into the city, and they would have to travel.
    • one of the better ways is to drop less silver and have them drop more in items
      i feel more satisfied when i get items than a marginal silver income

pros of more item drops
      satisfaction of items drop
      chests worth More items than mobs worth pitiful silver
      risk when transport to blackmarket so + for gankers
      More RNG and more items deleted from black market

pros of silver drop
      low but stable silver income
      unable to lose value when die to gankers
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • you guys are wasting time here, they dont listen to their community like ever, they update slowly without actually considering what is good or what is not, frost staff still bad btw and this was the patch meant for the magic staffs reworks, arcane still broken in 5 v 5 i guess we will have to live with this now for like 1-2 more years like usual lol. Idk why it takes you so much time to actually balance the game properly it is not really that hard at all.

- Remove the teleport back ability it is so dumb
      - Decrease the silver on the open world mobs drop, fame is good enough,(dont nerf auto-respec)
      - buff roads a bit, make players lose 10% durability when they get downed
      - decrease the amount of enchanted mobs that spawn in open world, some of them give like 500k fame
      - The nerfs about crafting are very good, only the rich control the market now everyone else has to put the same price as them
      - stop giving so much silver as rewards in the conquerors challenge or other silver bags rewards.
    • Aleskio wrote:

you guys are wasting time here, they dont listen to their community like ever, they update slowly without actually considering what is good or what is not, frost staff still bad btw and this was the patch meant for the magic staffs reworks, arcane still broken in 5 v 5 i guess we will have to live with this now for like 1-2 more years like usual lol. Idk why it takes you so much time to actually balance the game properly it is not really that hard at all.

- Remove the teleport back ability it is so dumb
      - Decrease the silver on the open world mobs drop, fame is good enough,(dont nerf auto-respec)
      - buff roads a bit, make players lose 10% durability when they get downed
      - decrease the amount of enchanted mobs that spawn in open world, some of them give like 500k fame
      - The nerfs about crafting are very good, only the rich control the market now everyone else has to put the same price as them
      - stop giving so much silver as rewards in the conquerors challenge or other silver bags rewards.
      Yeah if they want less silver in circulation, then make hardcore game, hardcore again.
    • Do you hear the people sing?
      Singing a song of angry men?
      It is the music of a people
      Who will not be slaves again!
      When the beating of your heart
      Echos the beating of the drums
      There is a life about to start
      When tomorrow comes!

Why you increase taxes? Is it necessary? Have any Welfare subsidies from Gov ? If don't have ,why I need pay more taxes to Gov... ...
    • The new Crystal Arenas generate a huge amount of silver for what the content actually is. I would like to think the new ranking structure will balance the silver bags/tomes provided.

Openworld mobs can comfortably generate 250k silver per 30mins and easily 500k+ when you find some circle/spikey bosses.

This silver economy rebalance is reminiscent of the Labourer nerf. This resulted in an overall increase in silver prices for materials and gear. (ie. t8 planksand bars went from 11k to 22k silver each)
    • I hear a lot of moaning about a minor tweak to market taxation to balance out the escalating hyperinflation... seems absolutely reasonable to me.

What I haven't heard much about is the brilliant way that the most toxic behavior in this game was dealt with, groups of 4.1 'Gate Campers'!

In one fell swoop Gate camping became a thing of the past.... Thank God! it was the most annoying and seriously toxic behavior that simply could not be rectified in any other way. It has ostensibly been eradicated, and the team at Albion should be given the credit they very much deserve for having dealt with this issue with the Teleporting ability.

YES those same groups now roam the range, but are now no longer in one location. It has made it a far more open world game, and that can only be applauded. If the price for that is a slight taxation increase on market sales then so be it, worth every single virtual penny in my books.

Thank you! <3
    • Asheraxia wrote:

I hear a lot of moaning about a minor tweak to market taxation to balance out the escalating hyperinflation... seems absolutely reasonable to me.

What I haven't heard much about is the brilliant way that the most toxic behavior in this game was dealt with, groups of 4.1 'Gate Campers'!

In one fell swoop Gate camping became a thing of the past.... Thank God! it was the most annoying and seriously toxic behavior that simply could not be rectified in any other way. It has ostensibly been eradicated, and the team at Albion should be given the credit they very much deserve for having dealt with this issue with the Teleporting ability.

YES those same groups now roam the range, but are now no longer in one location. It has made it a far more open world game, and that can only be applauded. If the price for that is a slight taxation increase on market sales then so be it, worth every single virtual penny in my books.

Thank you! <3
      The teleport in my opinion was probably the worst option to fix camping exits, plus it took a large chunk out of the hardcore aspect of the game, flooded the market with resources and gear from solo dungeons and stuff.
      An easier fix to portal exit camping would be to just have statues attack players that stay at an exit for too long. Easy fix and doesn’t remove a root aspect that made the game good in the first place.