Season 17 Schedule and Changes

    • ThreeHades wrote:

      The_Support_God wrote:

      brother its a work in progress

      they want to release it in one big patch and call it an expansion
      It’s been months since they said Mists of Avalon, and still have not brought up on that promise, nor do I see or anyone see a single new upload on the game’s YouTube. They have gone pretty much silent aside from forums (which they don’t read) and probably Reddit.
      me and my friends came back to albion because we have seen that there are plans to improve small group play with roads patches and mists.
      i was waiting so long and it was planned for the last season. the season is over and there is still no news. im not pissed about the fact that sbi did not deliver. im pissed about the fact that it is like it went 100 times before. hyping players, dead silence later until everybody forget about it, hyping again, repeat.
      the new season anouncement was a good moment to give some informations about the progress regarding this plans but there is not a single word about it.
      in my opinion sbi ist just not trustworthy anaymore. theyr word is worth nothing anymore.....

      i will try roads patches/mists when they release it but for now im back to eve and mortal and i dont have any plans playing albion until this happens.
      ccp does not deliver much content but at least they dont ruin existing content or making false promises.
      i believe that forcing players more and more into zvz and eliminating every other aspect of this game wont end very well for the game at the end.
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

      ThreeHades wrote:

      The_Support_God wrote:

      brother its a work in progress

      they want to release it in one big patch and call it an expansion
      It’s been months since they said Mists of Avalon, and still have not brought up on that promise, nor do I see or anyone see a single new upload on the game’s YouTube. They have gone pretty much silent aside from forums (which they don’t read) and probably Reddit.
      me and my friends came back to albion because we have seen that there are plans to improve small group play with roads patches and mists. i was waiting so long and it was planned for the last season. the season is over and there is still no news. im not pissed about the fact that sbi did not deliver. im pissed about the fact that it is like it went 100 times before. hyping players, dead silence later until everybody forget about it, hyping again, repeat.
      the new season anouncement was a good moment to give some informations about the progress regarding this plans but there is not a single word about it.
      in my opinion sbi ist just not trustworthy anaymore. theyr word is worth nothing anymore.....

      i will try roads patches/mists when they release it but for now im back to eve and mortal and i dont have any plans playing albion until this happens.
      ccp does not deliver much content but at least they dont ruin existing content or making false promises.
      i believe that forcing players more and more into zvz and eliminating every other aspect of this game wont end very well for the game at the end.
      Yeah Albion Online had immense potential to become probably the best MMORPG with so many very original features, but then SBI was bought and the game had hardcore removed and then they started to make it like every other MMORPG and just made what players that had respect for those original features, no longer respect it.
      Almost makes me want to make my own game development team and make a game that adopts its original features and make sure I don’t make the game easier just for newer players, I would only build up newer and better content, I doubt the people behind Albion Online would even care if I had adopted some of the original features of Albion, since they just went ahead and abandoned them.
    • 2 year and only less than half of my expectations for the game have been accomplished
      progress has been slow

      well its expected that a game's expansion would be slow
      but because other games expansion is too fast it feels like Albion falls behind on its promises
      genshin impact, new world, lost ark, and other genera like Path of exile

      we as albion players look at other games with monthly / quaterly release like league of legends and path of exile
      and the rate where they expand new content and we feel abit jealous inside

      After the heavy rework of open world with lands awakened 9 months have passed
      with the rate its going its expected that large updates that include new terrain and new content only come once every 12 months
      The Tank Who Bonks
    • we would not even need this "new content" if sbi would not destroy every small scale and force players into a not optimized zvz gameplay.
      i bought my new pc for 3k. i can play every single game with 100 fps. but for albion zvz..... still 10fps....

      whats the options for albion?

      crafting outside of zvz guilds: dead
      black market: nerfed, pretty dead compared to some years ago
      solo dungeons: dead since they close
      group dungeons: dead
      static dungeons: dead if you look for group play since you get interupted by rats all day
      roads: dead compared to release cause of nerfs

      why do we wait for mists and roads improvements?
      not because we need new content. we wait for this because all content got rigged to force players into zvz.....

      EDIT: and like i said, i went back to eve. ccp does not even release content. the last content update is years ago but it does not matter since ccp does not try to push players into theyr favourite playstyle. i can play eve in small groups like i did years ago. i cant say that for albion anymore.
      and this is the point. albion would not need content thats new if sbi would not destroy playstyles intentionaly to create zvz hype.....

      The post was edited 1 time, last by CallMeGosu ().

    • It’s not like everyone can even do ZvZ, since most of the players apparently play on mobile than on a PC, and we all probably know how even just stepping into a ZvZ zone is like when on mobile.

      I also see a couple other game’s have the same issues with big brother companies buying the game development company, then just drag down the game to the worst possible way it can be.
      The 2 games I know are Minecraft (Microsoft), and Apex Legends (Electronic Arts “EA”). Both of these game have gone way downhill because of these 2 big companies, seems like same is currently happening to Albion Online, which in all honesty has been happening for around a year.
    • ThreeHades wrote:

      It’s not like everyone can even do ZvZ, since most of the players apparently play on mobile than on a PC, and we all probably know how even just stepping into a ZvZ zone is like when on mobile.

      I also see a couple other game’s have the same issues with big brother companies buying the game development company, then just drag down the game to the worst possible way it can be.
      The 2 games I know are Minecraft (Microsoft), and Apex Legends (Electronic Arts “EA”). Both of these game have gone way downhill because of these 2 big companies, seems like same is currently happening to Albion Online, which in all honesty has been happening for around a year.
      yes but at the end its not my or your decision to drive this downhill.
      there are many people arguing about the big problems since more then a year now.
      the game works half decent money wise since there was no real competitor for long time but thats not the case anymore.
      fractured is also around the corner, mortal2 came out, some sandboxes are planned for 2023.
      there will be this one day when sbi wakes up and notice "oh shit, we messed up here".....
      but it will be to late then....
      i dont wish the game anything bad, its the complete difference. i wish i could play the game like years ago, having fun fights and play with friends but this time seems to be over. the actual game is not the game we loved anymore. the new target is the casual player....
      and they dont like competitive gameplay. they wanna win by numbers, even when they are bad. they want to avoid risks and want save content. sbi delivers this.
      hideouts, closing solo dungeons, remove of gvg for zvz based gameplay, giving crafting 100% to zvz number based guilds.
      its not "play like you want to play" anymore. its "join a powerblock or eat ****".....

      when i join zvz guilds i get rewarded by:
      -a zone thats saver then any blue zone
      -swimming in might to convert into fame and silver
      -crafting with good margins, since nobody outside of this blocks can craft anymore

      if i dont want to join a powerblock i get rewarded by:
      -simply nothing.... no content thats fun/rewarding, bad rewards in general, no crafting

      i mean, who is playing group dungeons that got nerfed several times if people can leech might for close to nothing?
      why should people play roads if they can make triple the amount of silver with a hideout around the corner?

      so, if im forced to play 10fps content to play the game.... its just a straight up no from my side ^^

      the questions is: will the casual crowd that they target now wait for the game to get better again like most of the vets do?
      no, they will jump to other games when they come out. its not the first time a mmo would die to this in the blink of an eye.....

      EDIT: i cant speak for the game in general but the steam playerbase decreased by 25% already over the past 2 years. and thats the timeframe of the heavy zvz based way that sbi goes. and it gets worse and worse. i wonder if they wanna wake up maybe.....
      all the ads i see on youtube about albion and "play like you want in a sandbox" "everybody matters" start to become a meme....

      The post was edited 2 times, last by CallMeGosu ().

    • Yeah it really has become a meme. Not only that but I have actually seen some of the old adds of Albion that were from like 2 or 3 years ago, game is way out of date with its adds, and has a shit company ruining the game for new, casual, and vet players. They may say all of the new features are for new players, but its directed at the new players, and acting like a new player will just start doing black zone content in just 3 hours, no not that but maybe 1 hour. It took me around a week to get comfortable with the black zone, and then I started to enjoy solo dungeon running, but between SBI removing most things that were adrenaline pumping, and then making ZvZ content a meta, I lost interest for the game months ago.

      Albion Online had the title for best free MMORPG on the market, and now Stillfront interactive has removed every good part about the game, and now its like every other terrible free MMORPG.
    • ThreeHades wrote:

      Yeah it really has become a meme. Not only that but I have actually seen some of the old adds of Albion that were from like 2 or 3 years ago, game is way out of date with its adds, and has a shit company ruining the game for new, casual, and vet players. They may say all of the new features are for new players, but its directed at the new players, and acting like a new player will just start doing black zone content in just 3 hours, no not that but maybe 1 hour. It took me around a week to get comfortable with the black zone, and then I started to enjoy solo dungeon running, but between SBI removing most things that were adrenaline pumping, and then making ZvZ content a meta, I lost interest for the game months ago.

      Albion Online had the title for best free MMORPG on the market, and now Stillfront interactive has removed every good part about the game, and now its like every other terrible free MMORPG.
      wow they made an update devtalk!
      did they actualy read the rants?
      i must say, im happy to at least hear something new about the progress.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:


      [list][*]
      [/list]
      Corrupted Dungeon Changes
      Players can now directly enter a new Corrupted Dungeon after they defeat another player or are banished. This allows players who want to primarily engage in the PvP aspect of this feature to have less downtime between PvP fights.
      • If a player defeats another player or is banished by another player, the Exit Dungeon ability cast time is shortened back to 7s. (This does not apply to players who destroy the crystals during an invasion, only to those who are banished when the crystals are destroyed by an opponent.)
      • After successfully casting the Exit Dungeon ability, the player can choose to directly enter a new Corrupted Dungeon.
      • Additionally, downing an invader on Hunter level now sends the invader back into the open world.

      About the ability to use the Exit Dungeon ability to join in another Corrupted Dungeon:
      Does that disable when you break all crystals? Or at least 1 crystal? Or the last crystal?
      ty
    • Why are we getting same battlemounts as we did few seasons ago? I lost a couple hundred millions because of this. I had a lot of battlemounts (Eagles, beetles, juggers...) and they all lost their value.... Shouldnt SBI be making new battlemounts for every season????
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

      ThreeHades wrote:

      It’s not like everyone can even do ZvZ, since most of the players apparently play on mobile than on a PC, and we all probably know how even just stepping into a ZvZ zone is like when on mobile.

      I also see a couple other game’s have the same issues with big brother companies buying the game development company, then just drag down the game to the worst possible way it can be.
      The 2 games I know are Minecraft (Microsoft), and Apex Legends (Electronic Arts “EA”). Both of these game have gone way downhill because of these 2 big companies, seems like same is currently happening to Albion Online, which in all honesty has been happening for around a year.
      yes but at the end its not my or your decision to drive this downhill.there are many people arguing about the big problems since more then a year now.
      the game works half decent money wise since there was no real competitor for long time but thats not the case anymore.
      fractured is also around the corner, mortal2 came out, some sandboxes are planned for 2023.
      there will be this one day when sbi wakes up and notice "oh shit, we messed up here".....
      but it will be to late then....
      i dont wish the game anything bad, its the complete difference. i wish i could play the game like years ago, having fun fights and play with friends but this time seems to be over. the actual game is not the game we loved anymore. the new target is the casual player....
      and they dont like competitive gameplay. they wanna win by numbers, even when they are bad. they want to avoid risks and want save content. sbi delivers this.
      hideouts, closing solo dungeons, remove of gvg for zvz based gameplay, giving crafting 100% to zvz number based guilds.
      its not "play like you want to play" anymore. its "join a powerblock or eat ****".....

      when i join zvz guilds i get rewarded by:
      -a zone thats saver then any blue zone
      -swimming in might to convert into fame and silver
      -crafting with good margins, since nobody outside of this blocks can craft anymore

      if i dont want to join a powerblock i get rewarded by:
      -simply nothing.... no content thats fun/rewarding, bad rewards in general, no crafting

      i mean, who is playing group dungeons that got nerfed several times if people can leech might for close to nothing?
      why should people play roads if they can make triple the amount of silver with a hideout around the corner?

      so, if im forced to play 10fps content to play the game.... its just a straight up no from my side ^^

      the questions is: will the casual crowd that they target now wait for the game to get better again like most of the vets do?
      no, they will jump to other games when they come out. its not the first time a mmo would die to this in the blink of an eye.....

      EDIT: i cant speak for the game in general but the steam playerbase decreased by 25% already over the past 2 years. and thats the timeframe of the heavy zvz based way that sbi goes. and it gets worse and worse. i wonder if they wanna wake up maybe.....
      all the ads i see on youtube about albion and "play like you want in a sandbox" "everybody matters" start to become a meme....
      I cant totally agree with all of your ideas. But I can argree that zvz and power blocks ruin the excitement of the AO. HO & terri is the root cause of these power blocks. I have seen a small alliance become a big alliance. Because if we win, the enemies will handhold eventually. SBI doesnt find a solution for this root cause but only looks to alleviate its side effects.

      And recently, the combat team make me really disappointed. Their latest weapons was make to 1 shot. No play style or role experiences.